Gilmore Girls Reunion Tackles Luke & Lorelai's Future, Rory's Best Suitor, Those Four Words and So Much More

Gilmore Girls Reunion

“There’s no way I’m going to top this experience, this cast, these leading ladies here. … And that’s OK. Some people get lucky and some people don’t. And, God, I got so lucky.”

Those words, spoken with grateful exhaustion by Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, closed the show’s reunion panel at the ATX Television Festival on Saturday night. What preceded those words was a 90-minute love fest between the cast, the packed theater of adoring fans and the woman responsible for bringing them all together.

It began with an oral history of the show’s beginnings, starting from the fateful trip to Connecticut that inspired the creation of Stars Hollow. “We’re staying at an inn, maybe [Lorelai] works at an inn,” Palladino remembers thinking at the time. “I was desperate.” She even wrote the pilot’s infamous kitchen scene on a piece of the inn’s stationary, which is now “in a box … somewhere you put boxes.”

The core four — Palladino, Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel and Kelly Bishop — also shared stories from the audition process, including how Palladino thought Bledel hated her, which was actually a quality she found endearing. (“I love her! I love the one who hates me!” Palladino remembers thinking.) It turns out Bledel was merely sick, the result of a recent modeling shoot involving buckets of cold water being hurled at her. (We’ve all been there.)

REMEMBERING EDWARD HERRMANN | There wasn’t a dry eye in the house during the screening of a montage, produced by Palladino, of the late Gilmore patriarch Edward Herrmann’s most memorable scenes, introduced by these touching words from the show’s creator:

It’s really crappy that he’s gone. We miss him so much, and I wanted to put a little something together. I think I speak for all of us: We were so surprised [when he died]. I don’t think any of us knew he was sick. Ed was the first one to say he was going to be at this panel, that’s how f–ed up it is that he’s gone. I just miss him, and I’m so grateful I got to work with him and hear him say my words and see him yell at me at dailies because I was making him do too many takes. … ‘We’re not puppets!’ He was not a puppet. He was just a drinkin’, lovin’, knew-everything-in-the-world [man]. He was our Mr. President.

Gilmore Girls ReunionDEAN VS. JESS VS. LOGAN | Following that well-deserved tearjerker, the core four were joined by the rest of Stars Hollow’s finest, which — naturally and immediately — triggered a discussion about the men in Rory’s life.

“I was always a Team Jess guy,” Jared Padalecki revealed. “I love Milo. I think he’s cool and sexy and handsome.” This prompted an answer from Milo Ventimiglia, who tried to play it cool (“I was kind of rooting for everyone”) before conceding, “Logan was a dick.”

Though Matt Czuchry also admitted his character was a dick, he said each suitor had his merits — even if it didn’t seem that way to everyone. “They each brought something out in Rory that she needed at the time,” he said, before revealing he’s also Team Jess.

LUKE AND LORELAI FOREVER? | Fear not, ‘shippers: Luke and Lorelai are still an item to this very day, at least according to Graham. “It didn’t, for me, end in a satisfying way,” she said of the couple’s story at the time of the series finale. “It didn’t really end. It didn’t resolve satisfactorily. … I think they’re together, 100 percent.” In fact, when asked by a young fan whether or not she thinks Luke and Lorelai have since tied the knot, she replied, “I think they probably did.”

Gilmore Girls ReunionScott Patterson, meanwhile, has given quite a bit more thought to his character’s current whereabouts. “For me, there’s two scenarios,” he began when asked about the show’s “it” couple. “Luke either stayed in town … or he closed [his diner] down and moved to a lake 40 miles outside of town. He reopened Luke’s Diner [there] and it’s a bait and tackle shop. He sells camping gear, as well.”

After allowing Patterson to ramble for a bit, Graham pointedly interjected, “Does he have a girlfriend?” to which he added that Lorelai would likely have Luke give her fishing lessons — fly fishing, if you’re a stickler for specifics.

WHAT ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE? | The where-are-they-now question was posed to the rest of the actors, who came up with a mixed bag of answers, some of which had clearly been percolating since the series ended in 2007. Here are some of our favorite responses:

* Bledel said she believes Rory is still a “hard-working journalist.” (Naturally.)

* Bishop said she can’t imagine what her character’s life would be like without Richard in it. “Emily’s a widow, so that’s a whole other world,” she acknowledged. “I don’t know where she is.”

* Czuchry said he only knows that trust-fund baby Logan “would not be working.”

* Padalecki seemed convinced that Dean “would have worked long and hard at Doose’s Market,” eventually turning it into Dean’s Market.

* Ventimiglia said he’s sure Jess is “just being Jess, walking away when too many people show up.”

* “Lane is figuring out what kind of mom she wants to be,” Keiko Agena mused. “She wants to be Lorelai, but I think in her heart, she’s a little Mrs. Kim. … I hope she’s still playing music with Hep Alien.” (Oh, did we forget to mention Hep Alien also put on a reunion show Friday? Check out out below.)

* Liz Torres, bless her heart, rambled something mostly incoherent about how she always thought Ms. Patty would end up with Luke because “women fall in love with cold and withholding men,” before suggesting that her character is now the clueless mayor of Stars Hollow.

* Jackson Belleville said he strongly believes his character’s vasectomy “never took” and that he’s now “farming children.”

* Both Liza Weil and Danny Strong said they think Paris and Doyle are still together. After referring to the couple as “ride or die all the way,” Weil said she hopes they’re “supporting each other and taking over the f–ing world, man.” Professionally speaking, Strong said Doyle is likely “a reporter working for a website, probably thinking everyone he was working for was an idiot.”

GILMORE GIRLS: THE MOVIE? | It wouldn’t have been a reunion without Palladino and the cast being asked whether a full-blown reunion movie could be in the works — a theory recently fueled by Patterson’s quote to the Gilmore Guys podcast that “there are talks” about a project happening. So… is it? (You can read all about that right here.)

FOUR LITTLE WORDS | Lastly, it sounds like those elusive final four words — the ones with which Palladino initially planned to end the series — will remain elusive for the time being. In addition to echoing her sentiments from earlier in the day, the ones about her withholding them for the sake of “being an a–hole,” Palladino said she probably won’t reveal them until she’s on her death bed.

More specifically, she said, “On my death bed, Mike Ausiello will be over my face and he won’t let me go until I say those last four words.” (I probably shouldn’t speak for TVLine’s editor-in-chief, but I could totally see that prophecy coming to fruition.)

Gilmore Nation, your thoughts on this long-awaited reunion? Do you want to see a reunion movie? Any guess about those final four words? And, seriously, are you Team Jess, Dean or *shudder* Logan? Drop a comment with all of your thoughts below.

1. ninamags says:

I’m so glad Jared was able to make it to this reunion.
    Happy for all the fans who waited a long time for this.

It must have been really, really hot in Austin :P

2. San Summer says:

Great to see Jared at the panel! It would be fun to see him in another movie.

3. Kat says:

Team Logan all the way. Jess was the worst and none of the upsetting things Logan did to Rory comes close to how badly Jess treated her.

• k says:

I agree with all of this! Logan was always my favorite.

• DW says:

Totally agree. What did Matt mean by Logan would not be working? He did love work in S7 and then left his father’s company exactly to work on his own terms. Under any stretch of the definition or in any language Logan Huntzberger is NOT a “dick”. I know MC is very self-deprecating and modest about his accomplishments so was he being sarcastic when he went along with these comments? Just last week he was saying that he thought Logan was a “great character”. I would have thought MC would have been more thoughtful of his fans than to trash a beloved character. I hope he was joking but that that Logan wouldn’t be working comment really bothers me. I hope Matt clarifies his comments. I don’t want to see Cary Agos trashed when TGW ends. Logan was always my favorite character on GG and always will be. Turning this reunion into a forum for the Logan hating class-warfare crowd really diminished it for me.

• jpropi says:

Yes.. agreed, he should have his own firm by now, being successful.. he and Rory should be together and honestly WHY NOT!!??? can they just live in NY and she work at the damn times? Why can’t they just be happy? so annoying.. I didn’t like the 7 ended..

• DW says:

Totally and completely Team Logan!

• DW says:

After seeing the panel video it is thankfully plain that Matt was being sarcastic about the “dick” comments…thank you Matt. Also, on the red carpet he said Logan wouldn’t be working but would probably traveling around the world or something. He left out the traveling part in his panel answer. A useful reminder once again that blog coverage doesn’t always show things accurately. Matt you are the greatest or as Milo said at the panel” “Matty is the coolest guy around”

• Gilmore Girl says:

Team Logan all the way. I might die if they don’t get back together or married in the revival. Some serious heart dropping and scream feats will occur if it doesn’t happen. Just saying. Rory brought out the best in Logan and Logan brought out the best and most rebellious parts of Rory. They are perfect for each other.

• Peggy Delaney says:

Oh yeah. Love Matt. Still do – which is the reason why I watch The Good Wife!

• Josie_Collins says:

Obviously they brought Jared back. Just got into season three but I’m always and forever Team Dean. I seriously wanna know how weird it was for him to be called dean on there and his now work on supernatural.

• Nina says:

Team Login all the way! Everyone had its dick moments, but I believe that Rory needed a Logan at that time and for me their relationship was most satisfying. And I agree, he turned it around and became a work-dork!

• edlowthegreat says:

Agree completely. Logan and Roy had a real relationship with us and does and they brought out the best in each other.

• jess says:

I am totally Team Logan!

• Melanie says:

I agree too!!

• Cy says:

Did you forget how awful Rory was when she was with Logan? I didn’t…

• BayJo says:

Team Jess. 100%. He only ever asked Rory to be exactly who she was. It was made clear Jess grew up and was changing to the man he wanted to be. In my mind Rory moved on and found her independent self. She worked hard making her own money (not lots – – she’s a Journalist of course) moved to New York, and has dated lots of men. Then eventually, making full circle back to Jess who is also a successful writer of his own make.

• April says:

Agree with you!! To think hanging out with Colin and Finn as a friend circle, her getting arrested, almost dropping out of Yale, not speaking with her mother…she became a spoiled brat with Logan. And anyone remember him sleeping with a bunch of bridesmaids? And losing a ton of money when he was working on that project in NYC? He is not Mr Perfect dreamboat.

• shopangela says:

Do you mean that period she took off from school and was estranged from Lorelai? Except that wasn’t the entirety of her time with Logan. She became editor of the Yale Daily News when she was with Logan, She graduated from school when she was with him. She started writing for an online paper when she was with Logan. And, yes, Jess gave her the metaphorical kick in the pants to go back But, are we really saying Rory was awful for her whole relationship with Logan?

And I think she was worst with Jess. I’m not going to blame him, because she wasn’t a puppet, and also, I think she was bad TO him. She wanted to stay with Dean, but got jealous when Jess saw anyone else. And in season 7, when she sought Jess out, it wasn’t because she wanted to break up with Logan. It was because she was mad at Logan and wanted to punish him and used Jess. I think using a person is much worse behavior than a period of leaving school and being irresponsible.

• Alyx says:

Did you forget how awful Rory was to Dean because of Jess? I didn’t. She’s a spoiled brat all throughout the show

• Carrie says:

I hated Rory with Logan. He was a jerk and she did some pathetic things to hold on to him. I would say that Jess was the right man for her because he really did grow up by the end, but I think he might’ve been too good for her at that point. Having rich grandparents and a rich boyfriend seemed to have too much of an influence on her.

• BTM says:

Yeah. She stole a friggin’ yacht!

• Michelle says:

I completely agree! I LOVE Logan with Rory! And Jess was the jerk! He just pulled Rory’s strings and jerked her around! Team Logan for sure!

• DW says:

You are so right. I really laughed when loser Jess showed up in S6 to lecture Rory about being with someone like Logan (“we used to laugh at people like him”). He’s the one that wanted Rory to quit YALE and run off with him and then he shows up and tries to tell Rory how to live her life. Unbelievable! Logan was a smart, generous and loving person. But the best part was that he was human. He wasn’t a cartoonish rich kid. He had his faults and vulnerabilities. He truly was a great character.

• LR says:

I don’t think he wanted her to quit school but even if that is what he thought at the time, he grew up and he is the only reason Rory ended up going back to Yale.

• April says:

He matured a lot by the time we last saw him. I think if they ever do a movie though it won’t be them because of Alexis and Milo’s past dating history.

• brandydanforth81 says:

You do realize couples that work together but break up at times still have been mature & professional enough to continue working together right?

• April says:

…that’s my personal opinion. Alexis doesn’t seem like she’d throw herself into a project with him. They don’t seem particularly chummy to me. I know some actors and actresses may but she just strikes me this way. I think she seems surprisingly disengaged compared to the rest of the cast actually.

• Meghan says:

Yes Team Logan! I thought he was great, especially for his age. We’re all older and wiser than we were at his age, right? He was college age, remember? Of course he was ridiculous and self-centered at times, but now he’s grown. So is Rory. I like to. Relieve that they both have experienced some more losses and victories, grown as people, become more realistic, and perhaps crossed paths again later on in their late 20’s/early 30’s, maybe even ended up together happily ever after. I think Logan ended up as a small business owner, maybe settling somewhere cool and opening a restaurant or a craft brewery. Rory became a lobbyist for a tone but starting looking for a new path when Obama won his second election. They met up somewhere in Virginia.
      CAN THIS PLEASE BE THE NEW MOVIE?!!!!

• Jen says:

I agree completely

• Sarah says:

Team Logan forever ! I agree with you about what Matt said. Logan had changed so much and had just gotten a great job in California, if I recall correctly. Jess is the typical “oohhhhh a bad boy how awesome” thing – no thanks. You don’t marry or settle down with the bad boy. Dean was boring and juvenile. Logan was Rory’s best and most mature relationship.

• Cindy Barnett says:

I’m with you, Sarah! Dean is boring and juvenile, all he wants to do is make out….constantly. Taking Rory’s virginity while he was married?? Uh-uh, bad guy and way too jealous, like a kid. Jess? Socially awkward, always snarling at someone, vindictive, quick to anger. Sourpuss. Logan is the one. Grew up a lot, thanks to Rory, jut like his dad said – for the first time he looked past beauty and social climbers, but give him a break for those years, he was raised to do it. Rory got him back down to what is really important, and it was probably the first time he really cared about someone. Came through like a champ when her grandfather was in the hospital, any time she was going through a crisis – he made it clear to Rory that it was where he should be and wanted to be. TEAM LOGAN

• Martina says:

I was also Team Logan, yeah at the start he was a playboy like a few kids like him that I have met but Rory had tamed him, helped him change for the better. Rory also grew with Logan, became a more rounded person .

• Ally Oop says:

I think (in hindsight) it was probably a good thing she dropped out of Yale, took some time to be free and break some rules because it made her less uptight and probably a better journalist and happier person in the end.

• Tina says:

I completely agree team Logan all the way there’s no one else. Jess did not treat her right.

• Jess says:

I agree! Team Logan!

• Ally Oop says:

Same here. Team Logan for me! I think Rory brought out the best in him and he brought out good qualities in her too. If Logan found his passion for something I think he could excel at it.

• Angela says:

“I have no idea why Matt Czuchry thinks Logan wouldn’t be working, the character worked hard and LOVED it during season 7, even under his father’s terms. I don’t think he would go back to his partyhard ways after being successful on his own.”

Yes, I don’t know why he’d ignore Logan’s character growth. Even when he moved away from his dad’s business, he was looking for work on his own. Matt sounds like one of the viewers who stuck Logan in a box – who you are at the start is who you’ll always be. And rich people have no redeeming values. Which is sad, because he rewatched episodes of the show to catch up.

I’m also team Logan. I liked Jess, but mainly his interactions with Luke, and think he grew into a great man. But, I think he and Rory were mutually bad for each other. But, I think she and Logan were good together.

• Kristina says:

Ugh, yes he WAS the worst! One scene where he (rudely) sets Rory straight does not a a redeeming arc make.

• Tiffany says:

Rory and Logan all the way

• ChrisGa says:

Definitely Team Logan. And, yes, Jess most certainly was the worst.

• Y says:

Logan definitely!

• Rebecca says:

Yes yes yes

• Felicia says:

I agree

• Mary Meaghan says:

You are spot on about Logan. Team Logan all the way.

• Speilbilde says:

I am Team Logan too! When I watched the show growing up, I was Team Jess, but rewatching it a couple months ago made me firmly Team Logan because Logan, to me, had the most growth and the best character arc. Reading all these comments made me smile.

• Connie says:

So happy to see this! Team Logan all the way! <3

• evolutionofj says:

100% Logan was “it” the end, and I thought the way it ended with them was stupid.. if they aren’t together.. I’m not watching anymore.

4. Jules says:

Team Dean all the way. Jess was a psycho and Logan was a baby.

• fiberlicious says:

Couldn’t agree more!

• Courtney says:

Dean was way too dumb for Rory… Their relationship was shallow.

• April says:

I agree he was kind of dumb. He didn’t challenge or stimulate her and the way he cheated on his wife does not make him dream material..

• Kalli says:

I always felt Dean was a bit abusive towards Rory. Essentially he was possessive and jealous of her and wouldn’t let her be friends with anyone else – not just Jess, but he isolated her from Lane as well. Then he torpedos his marriage because Rory is ‘the one’ and after pulling her back in *again* after interfering where he had no right, he breaks all his promises and ditches her.

• Angela says:

Certainly he was wrong to cheat on his wife, but you are forgetting that Rory cheated on him with Jess, and jerked him around for quite some time.

• Colleen says:

Agreed all the way!!!!!!!! TEAM DEAN!!

5. Karen says:

team dean!

6. Bwhit says:

Jess when they dated in high school …no he wouldn’t have been the one, but the last she saw Jess, he did change and he said it was partly because of Rory. He was an author and didn’t want to change her into anything that’s why I think Jess and Rory as grown ups would have been best. I loved Logan but I don’t think Rory would have been happy with being a ‘society’ wife. I refuse to believe that Lorelei and Luke ended up anywhere but with each other, having Emily over to the diner once a week for Friday night dinners (wouldn’t THAT be a sight :) )

• Kristina says:

Yes, I think you’ve got it completely right!

• Sarahjoy says:

Ooo! I love that the tables flip! Love those Friday night dinners! I’d love to see more healing in Emily and lor’s relationship! And young Jess no. But mature Jess yes!!! Plus he was the one that came back and snapped Roy out of her funk that took her back home and back to school! Jess truly cared about her. And learned to care for himself as well.

• Katie says:

Awww yes, great idea :)

• Roxie says:

I believe Rory and Jess could have worked out, but it was just bad timing. Just like Luke and Lorelai, it was a timing issue. Once Jess changed he and Rory could have worked out as a couple.

7. jalahyacinth says:

I may or may not have stopped mid reading to let a few friends know that even Logan and DEAN agree with my Jess obsession.

I’m officially team “Netflix miniseries”. Coooommmeee ooonnnn, Amy!

8. m3rissa says:

Team Logan. He and Rory suffered through the most and still came up on top. Logan and Rory got back together and opened their own newspaper that Logan runs and Rory writes for.

• Hazel says:

I LOVE that scenario!

• Susannah says:

I love this idea! Emily can write a Miss Manners sort of advice column for it too, to keep her mind off of losing Richard.

• misery chick says:

Wonderful!! Tearing up at the thought of Emily bravely and productively carrying on without her beloved Richard. Love the thought of Friday night dinners being at
        L&L’s, that’s how it happens in real-life, the younger generation taking more responsibility as situations change.

TVLine fans could write the perfect GG follow-up. Scott Patterson is so right, the fans were cheated of a wedding (and an EPIC Star’s Hollow shindig!!!) after waiting for 12 looooooong years (season 7 felt like 6 years).

ASP makes me sick!!!! She is basically crapping on ALL GG fans, trying to be clever and coy about not revealing those last four words until she’s not on her deathbed. And setting conditions, not deigning to even entertain the thought of a follow-up, until everything is ‘perfect’.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH😠😠😠😠

• DW says:

Yes. I always thought that an S8 would have got them together again. In all the years of GG the most amazing thing to me is how easy it was/is for people to completely misread Logan. To so many “rich” equals “hate” and that’s as deep as they can think. Wow, Logan was great and the thing I miss most about the show.

• Rabs says:

Love Rory and Logan
      But not Luke
      He is caring..but too stupid for lorelai…that partner of her father’s was good for her …..

9. martha_s says:

I agree with Scott Patterson’s comment that none of them were good enough for Rory!
    This reunion meant so much to so many, including me. Have been glued to Twitter all day!

• Cass says:

I agree with this. I was a huge supporter of Dean up until he cheated on his wife with Rory. The biggest thing he had going for him was integrity and that went out the window when that happened.

• peg says:

Agree. I lost all love for their relationship after that.

• Angel says:

I agree. I was so disappointed in both characters that they would have the affair. I hope Rory and Dean learned that cheating is bad news for everyone involved. I’m fine with Jess or Logan. By the time she made it back around to either one, hopefully, they would have grown up.

• April says:

Haha I was glued to Twitter too. Not a huge twitter person usually but wanted to get the updates and write my own thoughts yesterday.

10. Kim says:

Need a GG movie!!! Totally team Logan all the way. Luke & Lorelai 4-ever!

11. guest says:

DID DAVID SUTCLIFFE NOT MAKE IT? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CHRISTOPHER.

12. Drewer says:

Team Logan, always.

13. Maddy says:

Team Dean all the way!!

14. April says:

Jess is the reason Rory got out of her funk and got back on track with getting a job and going back to Yale!! Team Jess!!

15. Et al says:

Man, I wish Tvline had been chosen to handle this event. That other entertainment site messed everything up. They didn’t deliver the promised live stream and instead presented a live blog with almost no content. This festival needs to partner with Tvline next year.

16. Cy says:

Team Next Guy. Scott was right. None of those three were good enough (or right) for Rory.

17. Laurie says:

Team!Dean always!

18. Sasha says:

I need a video of this, please let there me a video!

Also, I may not have like how Jess treated Rory but good god my love for Milo is still burning strong. The only reason i was team Jess was because i love Milo so much. Dean was sweet and Logan was alright but I think Rory needed someone else

19. Aly says:

Team Dean!

I’d like to think that Rory eventually comes back and ends up with her first love now that he’s all settled?

20. Ginny says:

Can not wait… Wish this show never ended!!!!

• Julia says:

totally agree. Wish it had never ended and in time Jess and Roy could become an unbeatable writing team and that all the citizens of Stars Hollow were able to keep on keeping on live Luke and Lorelai. Just watched two episodes with my daughter’s tonight. miss Blessed by how much it means to all our family!!

21. Anna says:

Totally team Jess!!!! This seriously is still my favourite show to watch with parenthood as a close second! I did wish they would have done a movie ad still would like it but without ed now it’s seriously hard to think it would ever be the same:/ Gillmore girls forever though and if they did do a movie still I’m totally on board for a few weddings in it all:)!!!

• Totally agree! Team Jess! Why does anyone think Logan was a good choice?!!! He was an irresponsible, cheating alcoholic!

• Anna says:

I totally agree! Out of the 3 (or 4 including Marty) Logan was the worst one I thought. I mean, he was nice and loved her and everything, but I think his bad influence outweighed is good qualities in my opinion.

22. Michelle says:

Please please please make a Gilmore girls movie!!!! Please!!!! I hope Luke and lorelai are still together and I would have to say I’m a team dean

23. Amanda says:

I hope they do a movie! I have been waiting for a somewhat ending for years! I love this show, And I really really hope a movie happens. And I am team Logan all the way, in the end I have always hoped they would end up working it out, they were so adorable together :)

24. Ven says:

Team Logan, all the way! I think he shaped up at the end and hate czuchry’s comment that he’s not working

• Hazel says:

ITA. He took on his father and won in the end. He was always a good guy and a hard worker. He & Rory were perfect for each other. My favorite episode of them was when Logan & Rory invited Lorali & Luke to the beach house (that is until Logan’s father showed up) but it was beautiful between them, and I loved how Lorali was surprised – & impressed – that her daughter could cook. Loved it.

• DW says:

Excellent call Hazel!

• Alice says:

“The things out there with the claws, they went peacefully.”

Rory and Logan did have the best sweet little moments. Probably because for the most part their relationship wasn’t one side of a triangle. Allowed us to see a lot of cute normal couple moments.

25. Danielle says:

TEAM LOGAN!!!! All the way!!!

I SO hope they do a movie!!! 😍😍😍

26. Kashmiredesert says:

Rory’s future would include Marty; hecombines the sweetness and kindness of Dean with the same academic and cultural interests of Jess and the Yale culture of Logan. Would love to see them together in the reunion show (because there must be one!)

• K h says:

Omg thank you! I loved Marty!! He had growing up to do, but that hair! And his sense of humor matched hers so perfectly!

27. emily says:

Team logan! I hope they do make a movie or at least bring it back to tv. I have been watching Gilmore girls since i was 15/16 and now im 30, my own daughter loves watching old episodes. Bring back Gilmore girls!

28. Battle_Pug says:

Very happy this reunion happened!
    The Alien Hep show was fantastic :)
    Regarding Lorelai, I agree with Lauren that she and Luke would still be an item… I really liked Luke as a character. Nevertheless, I suprisingly enjoyed the time Lorelai and Christopher were together. They looked very good together, very organic (they had similar emotional bagagges / damaged in a similar way)
    Regarding Rory, I was always team Dean… Jess was a jerk, a completely cool kid “wannabe”. Logan was cool, but never envisioned Rory settling with a rich kid…
    I hope a new season/ movie is developed at some point… GG was a great series… Thank you Amy!!!

29. follow heART says:

Team Jess! They had the same hobbies and thinking.

30. Angel says:

Team Dean!!

31. Tammi says:

I think a movie wouldn’t be satisfying and that a new series, at least a season, should happen. Even if it was only one season, master planned by sherman-palladino herself, it would be amazing.

• Virginia Morris says:

I agree. ASP needs to be the one writing it

• GG#1Fan says:

Tammi, we can only pray that Amy realizes we cannot do without the show any longer. And we need a whole season or two or three… I know she has material to carry on… We of the binge watching adicted NEED it!!!

32. Jennie says:

YES!!! Reunion!!! How much do I need to give to make that happen besides paying for it onscreen and a DVD copy?? Do I need to pitch in $100, $2000??? Tell me!! I’ll write the check!! I want a reunion!!

33. teresa says:

Yessss. I think a reunion would be awesome

34. Stormi says:

Where was Sookie. I mean jackson was there so where was she. i totally feel like she should have been there.

• Donna2712 says:

I was just about to ask the same thing. Melissa McCarthy mustn’t have been able to make it,

• Jackie51574 says:

She may gave been busy woth her new movie Spy coming out

• Mike says:

I don’t think anyone expected Melissa to appear. The really odd thing was that no one *ever* mentioned Sookie’s name – even Jackson when describing his baby farming! Does anyone know if there was some kind of bad blood between Melissa and ASP?

35. lizzie says:

Hi I’m lizzie from israel and I’m on jess team. I love Gilmore Girls and I can’t wait till the movie will come out. I hope it will. Emy thank you for so many great TV moments. Love your writing and love your show!

36. Brooke says:

Can we just have a movie? I need Closure!!! LOL J/K. All joking aside, this show has always had a magic about it that made every female I know fall in love with it. In some ways, we can relate to Loralei, and Rory. Not only were they mother/daughter, they were best friends.. It’s not often a parent and child have that relationship. It was like watching and being part of a dream life. Now we need Amy’s last four words, and Every Gilmore Girl fan can die happy. LOL I’m not kidding, every single fan of the show that I know says the same thing, “We need those last 4 words”. So, we’re all dying for a movie, can you blame us? Never have I ever loved a show more than this one. I doubt I ever will, but the way the show ended left way too much open. We need to see a better result of the people we came to know and love.

37. Sophia says:

I am sooo team Logan, he was to good for her

38. Lisa says:

Please do a movie! Team Logan all the way! I want to see L & L married with a little boy!

• Katie says:

Yes. L&L should most definitely have babies. I always liked that twin idea :)

• Cindy says:

Twins, yes — in a movie where we get the wedding we deserve. Maybe a wedding because L gets pregnant, again? If it didn’t get her to the alter the first time, maybe it will now. Let the pregnancy/new babies start a new GG iteration, even if it’s just in our imaginations. And Team Jess, where he’s gone back to school and is now a published author — maybe of books that examine his and R’s relationship, through fiction, of course. He’s more secure and their relationship improves. They’re both smart and both love books, and help each other become better in their work. And the last four words are probably actually five, and go with the music and the GG theme: “You’ve got a friend.”

39. Elisabeth Phillips says:

I’m all for a reunion. Lets go.

40. Skylar madron says:

TEAM LOGAN ! Always have been ! I think that Logan came back for Rory after graduation because he couldn’t live with out her ! But Rory , being the bad ass she is , doesn’t fall for it . she’s too busy following Obama around , since she took that job after she graduated . I think that she would come home and watch loralie and Luke get married , since we all know it should have happened ! After Grandpa passed away , Rory , lorelai , and Emily cope together and end up closer in the end . I have no idea what the final 4 words would be . I would love love love to know , better yet , I would LOVE to see the movie they should make , with the final 4 words at the end !

41. vntanner says:

I don’t know why everyone bashes Logan so much. I LIKED him. I’ve always been team Logan.

Also, I’d LOVED a Gilmore Girls movie. Just as long as they give at least Luke and Lorelai a happy ending.

42. dgwp says:

Don’t make the movie… let it live in our memories, it was perfect & it should stay perfect…… I miss you guys!

43. KAS says:

Jess. No question. I always felt like they should’ve ended up together. (In my mind they did.) When Jess was a main character on the show he still had a lot of growing to do and I get why they broke up. But the writers did so much justice to the character by evolving him slowly into someone worthy of Rory. Season 6 Jess, and Rory should have gotten back together. (I’m glad that Luke and Jess ended up in a good place though. I always hoped that they would.)

I never had a huge problem with Logan. (Don’t get me wrong, he could be a dick sometimes, but he was at least interesting.) I actually grew to like him a bit over time, but I’m glad they didn’t get married. Wouldn’t have felt right for Rory’s character.

Dean was . . . well, Dean. I never found him incredibly compelling, but I didn’t mind him for like the first half of season 1. But after the whole break-up because Rory didn’t say “I love you” back, I started disliking him more. And don’t even get me started on the Dean-Rory-affair-while-he-was-married-to-Lindsey storyline. I rewatch this series all the time and I more often than not fast forward through the bulk of those episodes.

• Luismilover1 says:

Spot on!!

• Luismilover1 says:

Reunion would be amazing! Team Jess all the way! I think Jess ended up getting his life together and is now a successful writer or even a professor somewhere, and, of course with Rory. They’re not married or have kids but live together because that just works for them. Lorelai and Luke are married and in Stars Hollow. They’d never leave. Emily is still Emily, and although she LOVED Richard, she never needed a man. Dean slowly became the “Town Luke” and Logan is living in California with his trust fund and his “always a bachelor” lifestyle. Lane and Zach probably took over the music store by now, and Paris and Doyle are definitely a power couple going strong.

• misery chick says:

Love the idea of Jess being. a professor, but I’m still Team Logan 😆

Also love Dean becoming ‘Town Luke’, he could run the diner AND Doose’s market.
        Caesar could be the diner’s main cook and maybe if Lindsay is still married to Dean she
        could help Dean run the market…

• Seuss says:

Totally agree with this assessment

44. Heather Yellets says:

Oh yes please please make a gilmore reunen movie.that would be so great.I just luved that show.

45. Jennifer Taylor says:

Team Dean

I wish there would be a movie or bring it back as a TV show like on CW or ABC Familly but on TV not online. I really miss this show. Dean and Rory, Luke and Lorelai were my favorite couples. I also liked Dave and Lane as a couple.

• Jennifer Taylor says:

I never liked Logan or Jess. The Rory from the beginning of the series before she went to Yale would never end up with Logan. I hope Dean and Rory are married.

46. Scott Bryant says:

hi my name is Scott and I’m a Gilmore girls fan I love that show and I would be so excited to see a Gilmore girls reunion movie I really hipe they will make one soon

47. Peggy says:

Team Logan

48. Tiffany Johnston says:

Growing up as a teenager this was my favorite show! I could relate to all of the characters, but I for one would LOVE to know what happens next!?!?
    PLEASE MAKE A MOVIE!!!
    -GG’s number one fan!

49. Thelma Escalante says:

I’m team Logan! And definitely would love to see a Gilmore girls movie! Maybe with a Luke and Lorelai wedding?

50. abbsalot says:

Unpopular opinion: Team Marty. He was the one that never was, but should have been. I imagine she ran into him again in the future and finally saw he was the one.

Not that I hated the other guys. I liked Dean before the cheating incident, and I liked Jess after the bad boy act. Logan grew on me over time, but he was never the right one.

• That is a great point. I would love to see her with Marty too.I always liked him and was sad Rory never fell for him. Marty or Jess.

• Claire Harmon says:

I agree about Marty! He was wonderful and so gentlemanly! Rory with Jess OR Dean would be 200% better than her being with Logan. I hated the person Rory became with Logan. I don’t get all these fans who like her with Logan… He was a rich, spoiled BRAT!!!

• Babybop says:

Agreed 100%!!

• Mona says:

I liked Marty too. Could have been cute.

• Jules says:

How about Team Pete Campbell? :-) Just echoing real life, where Alexis Bledel matchec up with Vincent Kartheiser… Obviously, it would be young Pete Campbell, not the artificially aged one with the bad hairline and the paunch.