Syfy Sets Premiere Dates for Defiance, Dominion, Sharknado 3 and More

Defiance Season 3 Premiere Date

Syfy is giving you fair warning: This summer will bring about an alien siege, an angelic war and even more sharks falling from the heavens.

The cable network has released its summer premiere dates
, which include the return of fan favorites like Defiance and Dominion and the third Sharknado movie.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Defiance‘s third season will bow with a two-hour opener on Friday, June 12, at 8/7c, followed by the new amnesiacs-on-a-broken-down-spaceship drama Dark Matter at 10 pm. The next week, following a regular episode of Defiance, the galactic bounty-hunter drama Killjoys joins the lineup at 9 pm.

The post-apocalyptic angels of Dominion take flight for a second season on Thursday, July 9, at 10 pm; the reality competition Face Off is back for its ninth season on Tuesday, July 28, at 9 pm. Geeks Who Drink, a new game show hosted by Zachary Levi (Chuck) premieres on Thursday, July 16, at 11:30 pm.

Finally, the network will lead up to the debut of Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! — which takes place Wednesday, July 22, at 9 pm — with several days of similar programming (including the premiere of Lavalantula) beginning on Saturday, July 18.

As of now, there is no news about when the second half of Haven‘s fifth season or Continuum‘s shortened final season will air on the cabler.

1. Deion says:

And the BACK HALF OF HAVEN SEASON 5?!

2. alex says:

it’ll be nice to see some actual space sci-fi on tv for once, it’s been a while since we’ve last had some.

3. Dani says:

Wow Face off is back already. I enjoy seeing the creations, but they really need to come up with better challenges. And it seems like the contestants are getting less professional and more hobbyists. They need to do something about that too.

4. thisismenow says:

I love how anytime TVLine mentions SYFY the comment section explodes with people asking about Haven. XD

5. m3rcnate says:

You gotta hand it to SyFy…they have and have had some pretty good watchable shows as of late;
    Ascension
    Helix
    Dominion
    Defiance
    Warehouse 13
    Being Human
    Stargate
    Alphas
    BSG
    I liked Ascension, especially not being some 16-22 episode show but instead a 3 episode 2hr a episode series. That caused the show to have good flow and no “filler” but instead all the content impacted the important plots.
    Helix has been fun and it actually has a plot (immortals with silver eyes, they run a company that has a lot of power & money but are under the radar, they are trying to hinder Earths population problem because as immortals they care about the Earth more cause they will be on it longer).
    Dominion has been fun and sexy.
    Defiance is fun and sexy. They created a pretty good world (not as good as SGate or SWars or STrek or BSG but good). I’m not a huge fan of their style of CGI but oh well.
    Warehouse 13 was fun and pure.
    Being Human had its fun times, its overly dramatic times, but overall it was good.
    Stargate is epic and top tier.
    Alphas was amazing and such a shame it got cancelled. If i was to imagine my dream show of making the X-Men and mutants in our real world it would be Alphas. Was better than Heroes.
    BSG is epic and smart and amazing.

• Mark says:

They did that with the Dune mini series and that worked so well — 3 part 2 hour shows are great not to long but long enough to tell a great story or finish one off… hint Alphas — Stargate universe I can only hope well the new guy in charge did say he wanted to get back to what made the channel great

• Temperance says:

The last 2/3rd of a season of SGU WAS pretty great. They started off with a complete tonal change (a rip-off right down to the episode titles – seriously compare them), but the whole ‘dark’ thing did not work at all with the Stargate worldbuilding. They shifted heavily bac in the second season, and there were a couple of *classic* SG episodes in there. If they just could have gone another season… and cutting SGA short was criminal.

• ZacheryD says:

you forgot 12 Monkeys, which is their best show since BSG

6. Laura says:

Has there been any indication on when the final few episodes on Continuum will air?

7. Killjoys looks like it could be good. I’m too sure about Dark Matter though. I gave up on Defiance halfway through season 1. I just couldn’t get into it. I watched all of season 1 of Dominion. It was okay. It was better than Defiance. I’m not sure about watching another season though. I guess I’ll wait and see how I feel when July comes.

• Brigid says:

I’m the opposite. I think Defiance is great and love the characters but Dominion was hard to watch. The acting excluding Alan Hale and Anthony Head was just plain awful. I won’t be watching that again. Killjoys and Dark Matter sound interesting, I’ll check them out.

8. havenfan says:

I would rather get news about Haven, but it seems other shows such as Sharknado are Syfy’s priorities now and they want the show gone.