Revenge Boss Previews Major Return: 'It Will Literally Blow People's Minds'

Revenge Mason Treadwell Spoilers

Roll out the red carpet, Revenge fans! A familiar face is returning to the Hamptons this Sunday (ABC, 10/9c), and he (or she) is planning a killer entrance.

“It’s a fabulous re-entry into the show, one of the greatest sequences we’ve done on this show,” showrunner Sunil Nayar tells TVLine. “It will literally blow people’s minds what happens at the end of that episode.”

But who exactly is Nayar talking about? Let’s start with the obvious choices: Thanks to ABC releasing photos from the April 26 episode, we know that Roger Bart will be back as Mason Treadwell before the finale. But we’d like to think the network is a little more protective of spoilers than that, meaning it’s possible someone even more important than Mason could be on the way.

revenge-charlotteWe also know that Charlotte will be back in the Hamptons before the season is over — thanks to Christa B. Allen’s revealing Instagam post, of course — and TVLine’s super sleuth (aka intern) Ryan is convinced that the person attacking Victoria in our exclusive sneak peek is none other than Vicky’s estranged daughter.

And then there are the dark-horse options: What if Conrad Grayson — like most “dead” characters on this show — isn’t dead at all? And has anyone checked Lydia Davis’ prison cell to see if it’s empty?

Revenge fans, put on your thinking caps and cast your vote in our poll: Who’s the major character returning this weekend?

1. Saif says:

They faked Daniels death for some unknown reason? Can I keep dreaming? Lol

• Kelly Deeny says:

Only if I get to keep dreaming too! I would love to see that happen. After all, Daniel shot Emily twice in the stomach and she survived a fall into the ocean, swimming to the buoy, climbing onto a boat, and making it to the hospital. Daniel gets shot twice and dies within seconds. That “said”, perhaps Daniel’s death is more medically realistic. Either way, I trust that the Revenge writers will both surprise and impress!

• Lopez says:

The writers themselves surprised at what they come up with. There is sence to what they do. They think we have no memories of the past. Hence them making Victoria into a heroine,UGH.

• Belle says:

I say it’s Declan…if it will “blow” our minds – because he was “blown” up Stranger things have happened :)

2. D. says:

I don’t know who this character will be, but my question is another. Now that David is back and Amanda is out iin the open, isn’t it the time for a long-waited reunion with mommy dearest? Could it be in fact her this mysterious character? We know she has mental problems, no? It would be twisted, i’ll give you that.

3. Eric says:

What if Amanda never died… i mean…. they didn’t show her dead body right. Someone could have saved her… probably not realistically… but this is Revenge.

4. wrstlgirl says:

Neither Mason or Lydia is mind blowing so unless they are just blowing smoke it’s not either of them. What about Patrick?

5. Google announced the best of its Apps and Games for the year 2014 recently.
    These should include techniques in monetizing the app and generating traffic where you can market your app creations.
    The results are pretty fantastic to appearance at, which is usually a very good strategy
    to commit a couple of several hours on a lazy
    afternoon.

6. Anonymous says:

People using the word “literally” incorrectly remind me of How I Met Your Mother.

• marjaidi says:

Due to the stupidity of the world, the dictionary definition of “literally” has been adjusted to mean both literally and virtually. So in effect, the word has no meaning.

7. omabin says:

When was Lydia arrested? I don’t remember it.

8. Lindsay says:

Ashely should make a big comeback. She’s been understandably forgotten since she left and she’s like the only person who didn’t know of Emily’s true identity before it was revealed, so I could see that as surprising and a bit angering for her. Though she’s hardly a big threat to Emily, but it’d still be a pretty big surprise in line with Stephan’s return to Scandal

9. KatyLynn says:

Maybe the real Amanda is alive.

10. tony says:

I don’t want my brain literally blown thank you.

11. Christopher says:

It’s Hitaki folks. He taught her everything she knows. He is the one who didn’t die. And he’s here to clean up the mess he made by teaching her how to “revenge.”

12. Addie says:

Please let it be Conrad, if it’s Conrad I’ll def shed a tear…I had really missed his devilish ways. Any now that Daniel is dead he would be the one doing the revenging for his son’s demise.
    #PrayingtotheRevengeGods

13. Of COURSE it’s Conrad. Who else would ANYONE care about?

• Stephanie says:

What if it is the man with the white hair that was in the pic at the jail. I think he was a security guard or something.

14. Matt C. says:

They already did the surprise return thing with Lydia in season 3. We already know Mason and Charlotte are coming back. The only other returning characters that would shock me are Conrad or Kara.

15. If is someone who suppossed to be dead, please please be Conrad!!! PLEASE, we cant never have enough Conrad

16. ChicagoDan says:

I’m thinking it’s the ‘real’ Emily aka Amanda. After the David reveal, no one is dead on Revenge. It was a mistake to get rid of her to begin with…. JJL also is a possibility, but that story get dropped almost as soon as she arrived.

17. Dude says:

My first thought was Charlotte but I think it’d make way more sense if it was Lydia. They love bringing her back and she was last seen being run out of town by Emily so it’d make sense she’d want revenge.

18. Scott says:

It was obviously a woman with the sharpie and Lydia escaped before she could be taken to prison because Emily was framing her for attempted murder

19. Dude says:

I’m just throwing it out there…Ashley. God, let it be true!

20. jack says:

I haven’t heard anyone say it could be ashley when she left they did tease she might be back and she was close to the Grayson`s she might want revenge

21. robandco says:

I hope it is Mike Kelley taking revenge on everyone involved with the downward spiral of that once glorious TV show.

22. Dee says:

The only thing that would shock me would be Conrad and in the best possible way.

Lydia is too predictable and Charlotte wouldn’t make much sense because why have her go off to rehab to come back even crazier? It wouldn’t shock me though since they never seem to know how to write Charlotte.

23. JC says:

Conrad needs to stay dead. The show needs to move forward to its end. Not dredge up a character who got what he deserved.

24. ladyluck527 says:

Conrad..I’ve never believed he was dead

25. wgsecretary says:

Come on, people! Can we stop misusing the word “literally”? I understand that the author of the article was quoting someone. At the very least, the author should have noted that it’s a misuse of the word. I know I’m being picky. But, I lose a little respect for professionals who likely have a formal education in the English language and still confuse the meanings of literal and figurative. For the record, my sixth-grade students know the difference!

• luke says:

Thank YOU!!!

You are not being picky at all. None of these people should have these jobs. I am being unfair, perhaps jobs in the food industry is what they “literally” deserve.

26. Naomi says:

What about Ashley?

27. brandy says:

As soon as I saw that scene, I immediately thought Conrad.

28. Jim says:

What if it’s Alexis (Joan Collins) from Dynasty? That would be mind blowing.

29. Stacey says:

I hope it’s Conrad, that would be awesome, though they would have some explaining to do.

30. Jason says:

What if it’s Declan, they never showed his body in the end. What if Nolan sent him off into protection to get better

31. Anonymous says:

Hope it’s Kara Wallace Clarke…This show’s denouement requires a reunion between estranged mother and daughter:)

32. greysfan says:

When i first watched the scene my immediate thought was Lydia or Charlotte. They make the most sense to me.

33. Belle says:

Declan

34. KalEpic says:

CONRAD. Fingers crossed.

35. I think it’s Lydia, but Conrad would be awesome. I’ve missed hating him.

36. Melvin says:

PLEASE GOD let Conrad stay dead. I loved him as the main villain in the first 3 seasons but to much people came back from the dead in Revenge, enough is enough. This would actually ruin the series for me. Also, David would make sure he is dead right? And at the beginning of season 4 there was a murder investigation for Conrad. Why do that without a body?

Charlotte comes back in episode 22, so its not her. And Mason would be to predictable as he is shown in photos and descriptions.

In the sneak peek you see Victoria attacked by a WOMAN. It has to be Lydia Davis. She hates both Victoria and Emily.

Kara doesnt make sense to me, why would Grayson Manor explode & Emily in a courtroom at the end of the season? Her mother would’nt di anything to hurt Emily. My only guess would be Lydia. When she left in season 3 I already assumed she would be back with the open ending she had.

37. Ruth says:

I don’t care who it is as long as they don’t cancel the show!!!!

38. Dennis says:

It’s Conrad! No other character’s return would blow our minds!

39. Ray says:

Declan never died on camera. It would be the furthest return from most people’s mind. It would also give Charlotte and Jack more to do.

40. Alanistic says:

I think it will be Ashley.

41. Vic says:

Im just hoping they do not cancel the show…love this show

42. NoSleepTil says:

I’m thinking it could be Conrad too. Didn’t Stevie say to David that he should have faith -that there’s a reason he’s still here and something to the effect about a purpose?
    David fighting Conrad to defend Stevie, and Ems/Amanda and even Vicki? If not, then give me a pen because I’m rewriting the finale to my liking.
    Two graves.

43. Del says:

Did he ever express that a character would be returning or did TVLine assume he was talking about a person? Cause the only re-entry to the show besides Mason that I would say could be considered a great sequence would be Victoria’s throne

44. rubytu says:

I doubt anything they do on Revenge will blow anyone’s mind. I mean Amanda’s dad has cancer and isn’t telling her – like *that* has never been done before. If they wanted to write a really good story, how about her father returns and is an a-hole that only a 5 year old daughter could love? Now that would be a story twist. The whole show has been plodding along tediously. Jack and Amanda? Really? Are we all 12 year-olds believing in a romance between a woman who is basically a trained killer and a hometown boy could live happily ever after? Shouldn’t have killed off Aiden, as he was a good one for her.

• Tracy says:

I completely agree !!! Jack and Amanda …stupid , makes no sense ! They should of left Aidan in the show , wish he could come back !!!

45. Linda says:

Let the mystery person be trying to kill Nolan and Ems to the rescue. Get rid of nice girl Amanda and bring back bada*s Ems to team up with Nolan like they were in the beginning. That was what made this show different. A few people suspected, but could never catch or prove it was Emily. Hate to lose Victoria, but I would hate worse to lose REVENGE….

46. whatever happened to Courtney Love’s character…someone please refresh my freaking memory.

47. Annette T says:

What if they copied Dallas and the explosion was all a wonderful dream Emily had, or maybe everyone on the show had the same dream. I also hope it is not cancelled. It is my favorite show EVER.

48. lakawak says: