The Originals' Sebastian Roché Talks Dahlia's 'Epic' Arrival, Mikael's Future

The Originals Spoilers

Dahlia’s arrival on Monday’s The Originals (The CW, 8/7c) also triggers the return of Mikael, played by Sebastian Roché, who has simply this to say about the long-awaited hour: “It’s truly going to be epic.”

“Mikael was sent by his newly-found daughter to find some element to be able to combat Dahlia,” Roché reminds TVLine. “We’re going to see him come back in Episode 18, and he’s definitely going to be surprised by what’s happened in his absence,” including that Freya has chosen to end her mother’s life in his absence. “It’s all going to be huge.”

And while he can’t comment on the show’s next big death — executive producer Julie Plec recently tweeted about reluctantly offing a major character — Roché has some very interesting ideas about his on-screen late wife.

“To tell you the truth, I don’t think anyone really dies on this series,” he admits. “You never know when someone is going to resurface. I’ve died in a pretty definite manner on The Vampire Diaries; I’ve been stabbed and spiked and had my neck broken. I never see a finality to it. On other shows, I’d be done, except for maybe a flashback — and there’s always a chance for a flashback! You could see Esther there, who knows?”

Since I’ve already brought up TVD, Roché also has some insightful thoughts about his former co-star Nina Dobrev’s decision to leave the show after six seasons.

Vampire Diaries Nina Dobrev“I think it’s wonderful,” he says. “She did such great work for the past six seasons, and I totally understand. She’s at such a young age, and she wants to explore and have new adventures. She really turned [Elena] into one of the most seminal characters on TV, and she’ll be such a huge star because of that, so I give her kudos. She’s going to go on to do amazing things, I’m sure. She’s a really wonderful person, too, and she did this in a very classy way. There is that element of excitement and surprise and fear in letting go of such a monumental show as TVD. It’s a worldwide phenomenon, so I think it’s very brave, as well. I give her props for that, very much so.”

Originals fans, how do you hope Dahlia’s arrival will pan out? And which character is next to go? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. Riana says:

I still think marcel or possibly Hayley might die

2. Hopefully Cami or Josh, but it might be Marcel

3. hopesuitor@sio.midco.net says:

I don’t think it will be haley she is the main actor. I hope it was jackson but I have a feeling it’s marcel. Just as long as it’s not elijah. I am a haley and elijah fan.

4. Becca says:

Who will die next? I’m not sure. So many people have died already and so many have come back at a later date. What I’d like to see is a monumental death that reshapes the entire show. I’m not sure whose death would rock the show the most. I’d like to say Klaus but if he died so many others would die too such as Marcel because he changed them. Then again maybe Klaus will die, he has so many people after him. Maybe he will die and that links to Elaina’s death in The Vampire Diaries. If they die in reverse order to when they were changed maybe Freya or another which can stop it before it kills everyone but there will be a few deaths in the process. I really hope he doesn’t die and a minor character goes instead. Only time will tell. I can’t wait for tonight’s episode. :)

5. Letti says:

I’m afraid they’ll kill Marcel off, though I hope it will be Cami or Jackson (or both)

6. Traci says:

“On other shows, I’d be done, except for maybe a flashback — and there’s always a chance for a flashback!”
    Oh you’ve been on General Hospital, and I think you have been poisoned, lived through an explosion and a few other events where everyone on the show naively thought you were really dead THIS time and GH doesn’t even have the supernatural as an excuse.

7. Jo says:

They’ve released ep20 synopsis, so I know who it is not. I predict Aiden or Josh to go.

8. Laura Harris says:

Night World fans, hear anything familar? Black dahila, Night has a thousand eyes. I’m seriously convinced that the writers possibly bring night world series into this show. If they are, This season will be EPIC!!!!!

9. Chad says:

Casper zafer & Nathaniel Buzolic need to come back in the present of the show

10. Bec says:

I think it might be Jackson but it won’t be Klaus that offs him

11. Carla Krae says:

Well, we had a death tonight – Mikael. Both Original parents are now dead.