Pretty Little Liars Recap: Trial by Fury

Pretty Little Liars Spoilers

Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars marked the beginning of Mona’s murder trial, and although Alison wasn’t found guilty (…yet), another member of the DiLaurentis family was forced to face the music.

I’m talking about Jason, whose little tryst with Hanna’s mom (#JashleyForever!) has become a matter of public record, thanks to “A” tipping off the prosecution. Now the jury thinks Jason only rescinded his initial statement about the killer looking like Alison at Ashley “Good Time” Marin’s request — because we all know she’s a huge fan of Ali’s. (Seriously, did no one send DVDs of Seasons 1-4 to Mona’s lawyers? It’s called research, people!)

There might still be hope for Alison, though, assuming that note the girls found in Mona’s room proves useful. After hearing the creepy French song playing in the Vanderwaals’ house, they took it upon themselves to go inside — even though it was obvious no one was home — and rummage through Mona’s room for clues. Despite “A” attempting to throw them off course, here’s what they found inside one of Mona’s mirrors:

Pretty Little Liars Spoilers

Feel free to decipher that on your own (Update: reader Alyse has pointed out that each line is an anagram for “Charles DiLaurentis”!) while I focus my concern on Andrew. What was he doing outside Mona’s house while the girls were inside? And did he throw that screwdriver through the window to make it appear as though the girls broke into the house?

I’m suddenly getting the feeling that Alison isn’t the only liar who should be worried about hearing a guilty verdict next week.

DISENGAGED? | Meanwhile, the jury’s still out on how the trial’s big revelation will affect Ashley and Ted’s engagement. For some reason, she seemed insistent on calling things off — like, she wasn’t even going to let him finish his damn coffee — despite her ever-forgiving pastor fiancé refused to break his promise. (Does anyone else think she wanted this out? Maybe Mama Marin just wants to play another game of one-on-one.)

WTF, ANDREW? | Actually, let’s back up to Andrew for a second: He and Aria finally came face-to-face for the first time since their big kiss a few weeks ago, but they didn’t exactly talk about locking lips. Instead, Andrew confessed that he’s tired of the whole school “memorializing Mona,” adding that she was “vicious” and suggesting that the world might be better off without her. He later attempted to clarify his comments, but he still came off looking shady as hell. (Also, re: this tweet, I’ve changed my stance.)

* I’m not really sure where else to put this, so I’ll just leave it here: I loved when Spencer suggested they bottle Caleb and sell it as the “Essence of Best Boyfriend.” Someone please let me know the second that goes on sale.

PLL fans, how are you feeling about Ali’s trial? Are you, like me, assuming the liars will end up going down with her? And what’s up with Andrew (like, every aspect of him)? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. Alyse says:

All three of those lines are anagrams for Charles DiLaurentis

2. Rebecca says:

I’ll be happy when we finally get some “real” answers!

3. Christine says:

Anyone else thinking andrew has to do something with this?

• Alyse says:

Maybe, he keeps seeming sketchier and sketchier. But then they seem to do that with all the characters at some point (Toby, Ezra, Mike) so you never know.

4. Justin Burnell says:

Reblogged this on THB Files and commented:
    OMG that episode right there was effing great. Spoiling is still not my style.

5. Kaya says:

What is Andrew is really Charles DiLaurentis?

6. Michelle says:

I think they’re trying to make Andrew look sketch, but really he knows what’s up and he’s going to end up helping. I wonder if he saw who left the house and the ice pick???

Charles DiLaurentis could be Ali and Uber A’s love child! Her baby is hidden in Paris with CeCe and A just wants his kid. That would make us feel bad for A… Depending on who it ends up being.

7. Sara says:

Ok….all I could keep saying during this episode was “These are the dumbest girls I’ve ever seen”. Why do they keep writing them as such idiots?!

8. Sierra says:

I think that Ali will end up getting out of it along with Hannah because A like messing with them too much. I think that Andrew knows who was in the house or he’s stalking aria either way will be a big deal for the show. I just want to know who killed Mona or if she’s for sure dead. They thought they found Ali’s body before.

9. Valerie says:

Can Andrew be Ali’s fraternal twin? I mean, Jessica D. & Peter H. had Jason, so he’s not fully related to Ali.

& I always wondered what would Andrew be doing at a trial for a girl he has no relations whatsoever. Pretty sure he’s not there to show his support for Aria.

10. Sophia says:

I think that A could be Bethany – Another child (possibly Ali’s twin) of Mrs. D, furiously jealous of Ali and her friends.. I mean, if the medical examiner did their job right the first time they would have found out that the dead body wasn’t Alison (did they just not do a DNA test before declaring her dead!? )
    With that being said, “A” is capable of anything – even tampering with DNA tests. Just a thought.

11. EmmaJC2012 says:

We also find out Andrew was a Pathfinder right after Ezra, Caleb, And Mike were targeted at a Pathfinder site.

12. Sheila says:

Omg this gets intense

13. Maddi says:

All three are anagrams Charles Dilaurentis, Rachel S Dilaurentis. And Nerd Lucas is the Liar.
    If you think about it why would mona write three coded messages for one clue she wasn’t dumb everything was done for a reason

14. henderson says:

I know what happened on pretty little liars I know they name was died Alison dilaurentis was Charles dilaurentis and you Rachel s dilaurentis dead Alison on show pretty little liars

15. rose says:

you need to put ezra’s brother back or at least jake

16. Vivian Darkbloom says:

cece is carles cece is a/red coat