Fox Announces SYTYCD and MasterChef Return Dates

So You Think You Can Dance Premiere Date Season 12

Prepare to get your groove back on Monday, June 1.

That’s when Season 12 of So You Think You Can Dance will tap/twirl/crunk its way back onto Fox at 8/7c, the network announced Monday.

The dance competition, which previously aired Wednesdays, will kick off its audition rounds at 8 pm. For the first time, street dancers will battle stage dancers for the title of America’s Favorite Dancer; as previously reported, host Cat Deeley and returning judge Nigel Lythgoe will be joined by Paul Abdul (American Idol) and singer Jason Derulo.

RELATED Jada Pinkett Smith Leaving Fox’s Gotham

In other scheduling news:

• MasterChef — with pastry chef Christina Tosi joining the judge’s panel — will return for a sixth season with a two-hour premiere on Wednesday, May 20, at 8 pm. The following Wednesday, the Gordon Ramsay-fronted cooking competition will settle into its regular hour-long broadcast at 8.

• Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, the game show produced by Mark Burnett (Survivor) and hosted by comedian Jeff Foxworthy, will be back for a new season on Tuesday, May 26, at 8 pm.

BOOM!, a new quiz show (not to be confused with Don Johnson’s ABC drama pilot of the same name) — hosted by Tom Papa (The Marriage Ref) — that slimes those who get trivia answers wrong, will bow on Thursday, June 25, at 8 pm.

1. brandon says:

i LOVE this show, but this season, I’m not even sure I care. Jason Derulo and Street vs. Stage: DO NOT WANT

2. Arlene says:

re sytycd, not so interested in street v stage…instead of widening the gyre it narrows genres…re Masterchef, is the pastry chef replacing a judge? if so, who? or, 4 instead of 3?

3. Ronnie says:

Definitely tagging out on this season of SYTYCD. You used to see so many different genres on the show, and now it’s reduced to this nonsense. And don’t get me started on the judges’ panel…

4. mabesny says:

I hate the changes and won’t be watching SYTYCD this season.

5. GhostWolf says:

I think it’s time to remove SYTYCD from my DVR list. FF’d the Dweeber segments with the street dancers last season and doing street dancers vs. stage dancers is not the show I’ve regularly watched since season 3.

6. Catherine Potter says:

I am beyond disappointed with Mary’s departure & am not overjoyed about the new format. Plenty of street dancers have won, Russell & Joshua to name 2. I will continue to watch because I just love the talent but let’s hope this doesn’t kill the show.

7. Diane Both says:

I think Cristina shld go bk to pastry chef n Masterchef get a real chef for judginf….she is very sarcastc in her judging and I will not be watching this season’s Masterchef….As far as SUTUCD I wish they wld go bk to the format they had yrs ago when the dancing was good…Another show off my list this yr

8. Kitty Potter says:

I have tried but a can’t stomach h the judges panel on SYTYCD. I miss the energy the show used to have with Mary Murphy. I fast forward past the judges now. They just don’t add any value to the show…in my opinion. I feel bad about that but this show slipped from my #2 spot on my DVD to #15. I watch only for the talent & choreography. BRING BACK MARY MURPHY!!!!