Ratings: Empire Breaks 14 Million, Idol Drops, CSI: Cyber Solid, Middle Rises

CSI Cyber Ratings

Fox’s Empire this Wednesday drew 14.3 million total viewers and a 5.8 demo rating (per finals), ticking up another 2 and 7 percent and delivering the highest demo number for any regular broadcast drama in over five years (since Grey’s Anatomy circa October 2009, Fox notes).

Versus its January debut, the musical sudser is now up 43 and 50 percent.

Ready, set, take these cookies!
Empire Ratings

Opening Fox’s night, American Idol (8.9 mil/2.1) dropped 15 and 19 percent week-to-week.

Elsewhere….

CBS | CSI: Cyber officially debuted to 10.5 mil and a 1.8, improving sharply on Stalker’s most recent performance (7.6 mil/1.4) leading out of a fresh Criminal Minds, though shy in the demo of Stalker’s own launch (9.1 mil/2.0). Opening the Eye’s night, Survivor (9.8 mil/2.3) ticked down while Criminal Minds (10.4 mil/1.9) grew in audience yet was flat in the demo.

ABC | The Middle (8.3 mil/2.2) rose two tenths, black-ish (6.8 mil/2.3) and Nashville (5.3 mil/1.4) each ticked up one tenth, and The Goldbergs (7.9 mil/2.5) and Modern Family (9.6 mil/3.4) were flat.

THE CW | Leading out of an Arrow rerun, Part 1 of The 100‘s Season 2 finale (1.5 mil/0.5) held steady.

RELATED The 100 Recap: ‘It Can’t Be Over’

1. Tran says:

Don’t know how CSI: Cyber is going to fare for the rest of the season but only time will tell. BTW, is Shad Moss used to be known as Bow Wow?

2. Mara says:

Nashville was terrific!! Great episode.

3. Neki says:

Well, that’s consistent… Almost the same ratings numbers for 6 years. Go, The Middle :P

4. David4 says:

Fox’s Fall Schedule…

Empire: Sleepy Hollow
    Empire: Gotham
    Empire: Bones
    Empire: New Orleans
    Empire: SVU

• Julia says:

Haha so true. Get ready for the Boo Boo Kitty spin-off.

• Belle says:

Every time I see Boo Boo Kitty I will always think of Shirley Feeney’s stuffed toy animal. It takes me 2seconds to refer it back to Empire.

• worthymagic says:

You’re not being creative. Since EMPIRE is about a Hip Hop music business, there has to be an EMPIRE: CLASSICAL, EMPIRE: ROCK N ROLL, EMPIRE: HEAVY METAL, EMPIRE: TAYLOR SWIFT, and so on.

5. Micaela says:

What about Suits?

6. Lorie says:

I like the new CSI: Cyber show.

7. wrstlgirl says:

GO EMPIRE GO!!! So is this CSI:Cyber regular time slot? What will happen to Stalker?

• Tran says:

As the old saying goes: ONLY TIME WILL TELL. CBS can’t figure things out depending on their grueling prime time schedule that has been going on and on and on for years since it’s still “America’s Most Watched Network”.

8. Dee says:

TAKE THESE COOKIES!!!

9. Remy says:

People were really missing out not watching The 100 last night. I still haven’t recovered.

10. ChicagoDan says:

Stalker received a 2.0 demo out of a 2.7 from CM. Cyber 1.8 out of CM 1.9. Empire has really put a dent in CM.

11. MKR says:

Can someone tell me if criminal minds, is doing well, ratings wise, because it´s one of my favourite shows, and hope it gets renewed.

12. Ryan Dunkin says:

I was underwhelmed by Cyber :/

13. Alienate says:

So NBC decided not to broadcast last nite? :)

14. MKR says:

So with these ratings and demo for CM, does the show have a chance for renewel, I´m not that fimiliar, how that works

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLine’s hand-crafted Renewal Scorecard is linked in yellow from atop every TVLine webernet page.

15. Jonnie says:

I watched CSI Cyber and for me it was boring nothing interesting but maybe beause everyone wanted to know all the big fuzz on the new show is perhaps the reason why it started strong. I hope Stalker returns and it be renewed it has more drama. and I found it way more interesting and with intrigue.

16. Loved the new CSI series! I missed my “Stalker” though. VERY good show but heavy. Can’t believe “Empire” is doing so well? Hated it the few times I watched. Guess one has to be black to like that one?

• wrstlgirl says:

Love Empire…..signed: Red Hot Blooded WHITE Female.

• Jenna says:

Uhmmm…no.
      I love Empire, and I’m…white/Caucasian/not-black/just-want-to-be-entertained.

• Ali says:

It just means that one has to have a different taste than you do ;) I’m Caucasian, and I’ve loved every minute of it.

• Rocha says:

No, you don’t have to be black but you do need an open mind.

• mea says:

You’re saying you have to be white to like CSI and Stalker because they have predominantly white cast? Your ignorance is telling!

• liame says:

It’s never too late to grow up.

• Tai says:

Wait, if you’re black then you enjoy Empire. But I’m black and I don’t watch it. What does that mean for me? I’m so confused.

• Karen Jonsson says:

You have NEVER seen Empire in your life!. I have seen this at a couple other sites folks. On Variety they were saying it was just a hip hop Glee! GLEE???? OMG. Empire is like a high school musical show except it is hip hop!!! Wow. Question, Courtney Love sings hip hop now? How about the murders? The Bipolar storyline, the 17 years in prison, the sex, the fights and the millions and millions of dollars of opalescence shown every single week? Oh this is a Glee clone for people who remain in 1865.

• Angela W. says:

There are more WHITE PEOPLE that watch EMPIRE than blacks. The numbers speak for itself. You are a DUMMY.

17. MKR says:

Thanks Matt

18. Tahina says:

Stalker is much better than CSI Cyber for me.. but knowing the CSI show runners, that’s a keeper, unfortunately. Empire gets better every week..2 more episodes until Fall!. :(

19. sarah j says:

I am sure Nashville rose because others like me watched it live as Chicago PD was a repeat.
    I am still upset they took off Stalker, I am sure next weeks CSI Cyber numbers will be lower.

20. I cannot even imagine how the last two episodes of Empire are going to be. I feel like the finale will make my head explode. Lord knows how long we’ll have to wait for season 2.

21. Dave says:

I’m just waiting to see empire’s season finale’s ratings…that’s gonna be interesting…

22. BJ says:

I like Stalker but I almost gave up on it after the first couple of episodes. Glad I didn’t because it definitely improved.

That being said, I liked CSI: Cyber and have no reservations about watching more episodes.

I don’t think the fate of Stalker is going to be determined by whether or not SCI: Cyber is a success or not. It seems silly to me to hate a series before it even starts because of another series. I think CBS can keep them both and play them alternately as they’re doing now.

23. Letti says:

I’m so glad The 100 was steady even without Arrow. Go The 100!

24. hipster says:

Curious to know how DirecTV’s ‘Billy & Billie’ did on Tuesday. Doubt there’s number on a cable provider only show. Maybe?

25. Jana says:

I wish I could watch Empire, as it seems really good. Unfortunately, they cast Terrence Howard, and I refuse to watch anything that sleazy, misogynistic, woman-beater is in (same goes for any known abuser).

26. Zoe says:

CSI: Cyber was blah. Arquette was clearly phoning it in.

27. kmw says:

Empire is definitely hitting 6.0 before season is over, and it is proving it does not need American Idol Cyber didn’t do too bad and good for The Middle. NBC must have been reruns

28. I don’t know how CSI could be considered solid by way of first night numbers when there was curiosity about the show. I watched it and was sorry I did! The story line was poor at best and predictable, the acting was like I was watching cardboard cut outs move about and the direction was so so at best. When ever its run is done the show should be too!!

29. Point Dexter says:

I think The Nielsens have been hacked again! It’s hard to believe that many boobs with bad taste tune into Empire every week. Oh well! I guess PT Barnum was right!

30. I LOVE Empire! It’s a dramatic musical. All of the actors are pretty good, even Terance Howard. I am addicted to this show. I wasn’t going to give this show a try because of T.H.. He always plays the worst characters and In my mind he comes off like that in real life. I am here for Taraji(Cookie) and Jussie(Jamal). But after Wednesdays episode everyone won my heart. Mental illness is real and I think it’s time that it’s addressed. The last two episodes are going to be great. CAN’T WAIT(Bart Scott voice)!

31. Michelle Smith says:

Love Love Love Empire!!!

32. Linda Eisenstadt says:

Where is Stalker. When is it coming back?

33. Mqs says:

We want stalker back

34. Jeannette says:

Though I’ve only seem two episodes of CSI:Cyber, I enjoyed those two episodes . I think this series is refreshing and interesting.
    I have added it to my watch list.

35. Peter Clouston says: