Pretty Little Liars' Brandon Jones Previews Aria's Future With Andrew

Pretty Little Liars Aria Andrew

Ezria ‘shippers might want to stop reading now, because Brandon Jones (aka Aria’s strip study buddy Andrew on Pretty Little Liars) tells TVLine that last week’s big kiss was just the beginning of — well, whatever it is they’ve got going on at the moment.

“Andrew’s always been the knight in shining armor for these girls,” Jones says. “He’s a good guy, very prone to wanting love. And he gets infatuated by girls quickly, first with Spencer and now with Aria. I think Aria just needs someone in her life who’s intellectual and loving and cares about her.”

Scroll down for more of Jones’ thoughts on Aria’s relationship with Andrew, including that first kiss and the fans who are convinced he’s “A.”

TVLINE | OK, first thing’s first: Andrew’s been doing a lot of fully clothed studying this season. What’s up with that?
[Laughs] You know, I guess it’s always good to try new things. They went in a slightly different direction with Andrew this season, so I’ve been keeping my clothes on.

pretty-little-liars-aria-andrew-2TVLINE | Did you always know that direction was heading towards Aria?
I did not! Honestly, I had no idea. They asked me to come back, and it wasn’t until I read the scripts that I started seeing a little romantic thing happening. I pretty much picked up on it when everybody else did.

TVLINE | Since you know how passionate the fans can be, were you nervous about stepping in the middle of the show’s central couple?
I’m still nervous. It’s pretty much split down the middle, which was also how it was when Spencer and Andrew had a thing. I get a lot of loving tweets from fans who are happy, but then I also get people being like, “Stay away!”

TVLINE | And does he stay away? Tell me what you can about their future together.
I can say that Andrew and Aria’s relationship does slowly grow in the wake of her breakup with Ezra. … You never know, if Aria and Andrew’s relationship blossoms, maybe it will become one of those couples that people love to tweet about.

TVLINE | Then we have to come up with a ‘shipper name. Andria?
I think that’s the best one I’ve seen so far.

TVLINE | That sounds like a lady’s name — a sophisticated older lady.
[Laughs] It works for me.

TVLINE | Lastly, since you’re seeing all your tweets, I imagine some of them are accusing Andrew of being “A.” Any thoughts on that?
He does seem to show up at the right places at the right time, doesn’t he? … I’ve actually gotten a lot of tweets about Andrew’s name starting with “A,” but you know what? Aria’s does, too! At one point or another, everyone has been suspected of being “A” on the show. For now, what you see is what you get with Andrew.

PLL fans, how do you feel about Aria and Andrew as a couple? Do you even trust him as a person? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. tonnie says:

Its just a pointless and random pair. Why does Aria need a romance every time her and Ezra break up. Focus on her family, focus on her getting some passion and activity outside of relationships.

So no I’m not rooting for her and drug dealing Andrew. I want them to FINALLY develop her character then she can reunite with Ezra.

• manon says:

I totally agree with you!

• L says:

Why would you want her to reconcile with that crazy stalker pedophile guy?

• Gerry says:

I agree, Aria belongs with Ezra, this guy is not the one, they have no chemistry, and Ezra really loves her, or he wouldn’t have made her think about her high school years.

• Ala411 says:

I really started to cry when i reed this. JUST THE BEGINNING?!?!?!?!? I really love Aria and Ezra together, so now I really hate Andrew as much as I can!!

• Mia Hengelsberg says:

That’s exactly how I feel. If Toby and Spencer never started dating I would want it to be Andrew and Spencer

• emma-rae says:

I think ur wrong all Ezra does is remind aria of A and the book andrew would never do anything to hurt her he wants to help her she needs a guy like andrew he never had anything to do with Alison or A so when she looks at him she sees a guy who cares about her and who didn’t write that book instead of looking at someone who had something to so with alison and Ezra wrote a book about A that he wanted to drop aria for and have 2 million dollars

• stevelance09 says:

I do not like Ezra and Aria….

2. Spence says:

I don’t really care for Andrew, but anyone is better than the dreadful Ezra- in terms of a character and in terms of a love interest for Aria. In a perfect world, she could just stay single for a little bit and find herself, but sadly this is PLL so that’s impossible, but yeah I’m happy with Andrew.

• Jessica Valure says:

Well you must not like Ian Harding either cause is his character and he does a great job.

• I says:

There’s a difference between disliking the character and disliking the actor, the person just doesn’t like the character of Ezra.

3. Azerty says:

Andrew, Travis, Johnny, karate guy whaterver the names of these guys are I feel bad for them. To quote a famous movie: either you die as a love interest for one of the pll while she is pissed at her boyfriend or you live long enough to become a red herring of being A ;)

4. Trev says:

Yay! He’s so hot. I hope to see more of him shirtless.

5. Chiremae says:

Ezria has been through so much and in my opinion Ezria is endgame, Andrew is just a speed bump on the way. Andrew and Aria does not have a lot of romantic chemistry and he is just another in a long list of men who wants to take care of Aria, they should go with someone unexpected or edgier like Noel or Jason. But honestly she should just be single for a while, Aria and Emily are the worst at being single!

6. sarah j says:

I do like Ezra.
    However I also like Andrew so I am fine with it. If they get together lets hope it lasts longer than her time with Jake, who I also liked.

7. ChrisGa says:

I wish they’d pursued something between Andrew and Spencer but I’ll take him any way I can get him because Brandon Jones is H-O-T.

8. I love this show can’t wait to all of u find A Alicein Ihape u get out of jail

9. Carrie says:

Well, a relationship with someone her own age, who isn’t her teacher and the guy who spied on her for years just to write a book, would certainly be healthier and an improvement for Aria.

10. faith wanja says:

I”ve only watched up to season 3 and can’t wait to watch the rest. So far, Aria and Ezra are my finest couple. Please Can they end up together.:-(
    I watch the series only because of them.

11. C says:

Ezria forever

12. Someone says:

Ezra and aria have been through so much together, they are a perfect for each other. I don’t really like Andrew that much because we don’t really know him. I hope that ezra and aria get back together soon.

13. trojan says:

No we cannot trust him.n i think its spencer who is A .see sea1 ep1 n seas3 ep 1 ,isn’t its weired spencer is only the one who wakes up first and find alison n emily is missing.N Andrew is working for him.

Its totaly my view!!

14. I would like it more is Aria was with Jason or Jake, i do not like Andrew.

15. S says:

People want him to be A because they are clinging to Ezria. I think it’s high time she moved on. I’m just a bit bummed it’s not Jason. Whatever.

16. Kourtney says:

I don’t think that Aria and Andrew should be together. Aria and Ezra have the perfect chemistry, even if their relationship is tuff. I’m not liking it :(

17. Essie says:

I loveeee Andrew!!

18. Katie says:

I really didn’t like Aria and Ezra together but I don’t think she should be with Andrew either I really wish they would bring Riley back (the guy Aria met in s4ep22 when she was on the college tour)

19. Shria says:

Aria says that she can’t imagine her life without Ezra… Why can’t she just be single, and work out her life with someone who knows about A but can’t be A

20. ghost says:

I like Andrew and i think he is good for Aria. And he is’t A! I think Ezra is A! ANDRIA <3

21. Alison says:

Well, Andrew and Aria do make a really cute couple cuz he’s like “I’ll always be there for you 24/7” and stuff and he’s so caring and Ezra is willing to risk his reputation for Aria and Aria will give up her high school life for Ezra so that mean’s Ezra is definitely worth a bunch but I ship Ezria just a bit better AND DONT FORGET TODAY IS A REVEEAAALLL!!!!

22. JaKera Majette says:

I don’t like them together. He is very sneaky. I think he working with “A”

23. julian says:

I will stop watching PLL forever. Seriously, Andrew and Aria as a couple is not Worth it. i mean Ezra n Aria have through ups and downs in their relationship they’ve praticaly work through all d odds, I think its best they just get a Happy Ending.

24. Caitlin says:

Wouldn’t it be a bit messed up if Ezra came back or saw her and Andrew… I wonder how Aria would react? Or Ezra? Maybe she would just get her crap together and care about the guy who truely loves her for who she is. How many times does Ezra have to tell her he loves her?? Think if Ezra were to see just one other girl, Aria would have a melt down and get so mad. I think she needs to be single and work on her own problems and not always bring a guy with her. Ezra still loves her after all she cheated, she should reconsider her decisions…

25. Mia Hengelsberg says:

I trust Andrew but I don’t like him and Aria together. I shipped Ezria ever since Aria and Ezra met. Even when Ezra told Aria about helping A. But the only thing is I know they get back together in season 6

26. I says:

Well, guess this won’t work out anymore…

27. emma-rae says:

I love aria and Andrew together I think aria needs someone who cares about her and will be there for her 24/7 i love the two of them together I think that andrew and aria are perfect for each other andrew is a jock and a geek and aria is a sweet loving pretty girl they are perfect for each other!

28. emma-rae says:

I love aria and Andrew together he is always there for her and she needs someone who loves her and cares and I bet andrew was listening to Mrs. hastings call in the season five finale to figure out what happened to aria because he cares about her so much!💕

29. Shelby. says:

I think Andrew is adorable and I love his dimples. And who doesn’t love tall guys with short girls. ❤️. But you should bring all three together; ezera, jake, and Andrew. Then put a little drama in to it and then just see what happens. And if andria doesn’t work out then hook him up with cece, I wonder what would happen.