Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Arrow, Once, Bones, Teen Wolf, Castle, Five-0, Chicago P.D., Jane and More

Arrow Spoilers

Is an Arrow heartbreaker ahead? Will Once Upon a Time lose a hero? Is Castle bracing for the end? Whose Bones birthday isn’t a happy one? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Arrow scoop, please! –Deborah
Seeing as how we’re due for a couple of weeks of reruns, this Wednesday’s episode was “designed to be this crazy cliffhanger” — and boy is it! – “and have all this amazing stuff in it,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg teases. Among the highlights for him: “Seeing what [Thea]’s willing to do, and what Oliver’s willing to do, for her soul,” and watching John Barrowman and Matt Nable finally share a scene. EP Marc Guggenheim, meanwhile, is “really excited for people to see the A.T.O.M. suit in its full glory,” especially as Ray takes his maiden flight. “This show is not Flash — we don’t traffic in these sort of visuals — so it’s a big deal for us to get this kind of character on the show, looking the way he does.” Bonus scoop: See if you can guess which character delivers this heartbreaker: “It’s hard to remember a time when I was actually in love with you.” Extreme bonus scoop: Our Vlada Gelman tells me the episode might break the Internet, twice.

Are we ever going to see Bones again? It has been off for quite a while and I really miss it. –Sandy
Bones resumes its season on March 26, with an episode that features an old tree with an icky-gooey dead human center. Sweets’ birthday looms large throughout the hour, a fact not lost on Avalon Harmonia – though at least one Jeffersonian staffer wants to hear none of her psychic ramblings. Also in the episode: Someone quits their job, and Brennan likens the sacrament of Holy Communion to Christine’s tea party with an imaginary friend.

Got anything for SVU? –Shavawn
Two spring episodes will revolve around a “wolf in sheep’s clothing” in the former of a charming and handsome onetime med student who is secretly a sadistic psycho who gets off on other peoples’ pain. As such, you can imagine the fun, fun, fun he has toying with the folks at SVU.

Please give me something on Forever! I am desperately hoping it comes back for a second season! –Eileen
If you’re among those wondering how Henry’s wife, Abigail, died, we went straight to the source — series star Ioan Gruffudd — for the answer. And it turns out… he doesn’t have one. “I always thought that something had happened where she not necessarily died in front of us, but maybe we had to part company to protect her or protect me or something,” he says. “Who knows if she’s still alive or still out there? I tend not to ask, because it’s best that I don’t know these things.”

I am seeking any info on Season 5 of Teen Wolf. –Lisa
For those who’ve been holding out hope for Danny’s return, there’s this consolation prize: Episode 4 of the new season, titled “Condition Terminal,” will introduce the recurring character of Corey, who in the course of being treated in an operating room for a strange, painful wound dishes on his boyfriend Lucas. (Guest star Lucas, meanwhile, is described as a shy young man who has become an aggressive problem at a club.)

Is there any way you can get any scoop about Once Upon a Time’s Belle? Her fans are dying for news. –Betsy
Your long wait for Belle goodness will end as soon as possible, because she gets the first line of dialogue — “Well, I see you still have your temper” — once the ABC drama returns to Storybrooke in Sunday’s Season 4B premiere. “And yes,” co-creator Adam Horowitz notes, “we haven’t forgotten that she’s still in possession of the Dark One’s dagger. That’s going to come into play pretty soon after our return as well.”

Any hint on the surprise related to Emma’s Once Upon a Time storyline for the second part of the season? –Frances
You probably got a taste for it from the new promo that debuted during the Oscars and hinted at Miss Swan’s dance with the dark side. As EP Horowitz explained at a Tuesday screening of the Season 4B opener, “One of the big themes for the second half of the season that we want to deal with is what makes someone a hero and what makes someone a villain — what the differences are and what the common ground is. Emma has spent a long time on the series being told she’s a savior and being told she’s a hero. Now she’s going to have to face that it’s not black-and-white.” UPDATE: Check out the Emma/Regina team-up here at the 18-second mark:

Do you have any scoop on Hawaii Five-0‘s Kono? –clarlee
For Episode 23, the CBS drama is casting Kono’s “vibrant, beautiful” mother, who will be seen in flashback at age 30 offering her little girl invaluable advice about life.

Is this season’s 2 Broke Girls going to run 22 episodes instead of 24? My gut tells me yes. –Tran
Always follow your gut, Tran – 22 it is.

Any scoop on Grimm? –Jen
Casting is underway for the guest-starring role of “Iron Hans,” a rugged fiftysomething ranch owner who hosts weekend retreats for Wesen fathers and sons who have lost contact with their warrior heritage. We’ll also meet his beautiful, twentysomething (and strong-willed) daughter, Maggie.

Any scoop can you reveal on Chicago P.D.? – Brendan
When Marina Squerciati mentioned that she and Patrick John Flueger were filming Burgess and Ruzek’s first big fight scene, we couldn’t help but ask what the squabble is about. “With Ruzek’s character, it’s probably generally a woman,” the actress replied. “I’m not going to tell you anything, but he’s a bit of a flirt.” But it’s something they can overcome, right?! “I hope so,” Squerciati says. “I love us together. But I wonder if they can get past it. We’ll see. If Burgess wants to get past it, it’s something she really has to understand about Ruzek’s character.”

What does it say for a potential Season 8 of Castle that they wrapped up the two major storylines (Bracken, 3XK)? And if this is indeed the last season, shouldn’t the writers already know so that they can properly wrap up the show? –Vaso
I revisited this hot topic with showrunner David Amann the other week — asking, At what point do they need to know which way the wind is blowing with regards to re-signing Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic and possibly locking a renewal? – and his response was this: “Obviously, we’re prepared for whatever comes along, and we’ll adjust as necessary. But we’re hopeful that the show will move forward. In the meantime, we’ll just make the best show that we can.”

Be honest: Is there any hope for Jane the Virgin‘s steadfast, remaining Jane/Michael ‘shippers? –Lianne
It’s kinda sorta possibly looking that way. As creator EP Jennie Urman said of upcoming episodes (resuming March 9), “There are a few moments where Michael helps Jane with certain things that he knows how to help her with only because of their history, and that starts to play a big part in their reconnection. At the same time, her relationship with Rafael gets stressed the more they start to think about the practicals of what their life will be and what their life will look like together.” (Hmm, now that I have re-read that, you can probably strike the “kinda sorta.”)

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email InsideLine@tvline.com!  (With reporting by Vlada Gelman and Kim Roots)

1. bill says:

I hope the writers will know in time wether or not this is the last season of Castle so they can create a fitting and proper series finale episode.

• aurat22 says:

I agree! The fans deserve a proper send off.

• LoloCurray says:

amen

• brandydanforth81 says:

Abc unofficially renewed It Jan at TCAs saying ” it’ll be back”.Theyre clearly confident about contract negotiations,

• I agree…after that failure of a wedding and then the unresolved kidnapping of Castle, I sure hope they give it a decent and happy ending…when the time comes…not yet, though. :)

• davej13 says:

I seem to be only person who still hasn’t gotten over how they cheated me in last May’s season finale with Rick getting kidnapped. I still can’t forgive them for it. It would have even been OK if Rick got kidnapped at the reception.

I still watch the show, but I DVR it and watch it a few days later and I skip through chunks of it sometimes. I’ve lost that loving feeling and right now, it’s gone, gone, gone.

• DarkDefender says:

Well.. They sure are putting the pieces in place for an end .. Martha moving out, Caskett baby talk and Alexis probably graduating. They also seem to be really enjoying themselves as a cast in the back 12.. Short timers high?
      I really hope I am wrong, but it doesn’t look great.

• NF and SK fan aways says:

Martha said it will take time for her so it could just be an open end thing till the last esp. As for Alexis she really doesn’t play a big part of Castle now-a-days, so her’s doesn’t really mean all of that. I think she was really disrespectful in the last esp!

• Rich Abey says:

Pretty confident we will get a final Season 8 of Castle for the following reasons:
      – the positive messages ABC execs gave at the TCA’s
      – trying to tie up most ends & delivering a fitting finale to this wonderful show all of a sudden would only result in a big fat disappointment. Plus shooting ends in mid April for the season (via the twitter page of one of the producers) which gives them 1 month to scrap plans for the mostly already-shot remaining episodes to fit in a farewell. In short: One GIANT MESS!
      – Castle has been the most watched scripted-show on ABC for the past 5yrs, though it is down in the ratings this yr. It managed to stay up there with hot-fresh Blacklist last yr & trashed NCIS:LA this year. So it’s not like ABC is worried about poor ratings.
      – The success & popularity of the show deserves a more fitting farewell in the form of a hurrah final season. It’s not like the show has run out of juice lately…it’s actually been kinda red-hot what with the 3XK two-parter, the juicy P.I. arc (that amped up Caskett’s love life) & that delicious alternate-reality ep ending in a mostly beautiful private wedding. Plus we have a new mystery in Castle’s disappearance & the childhood incident which was a major factor in Rick becoming a murder-mystery writer.

All in all very likely we will get a Season 8, which would probably be the last as the cast & crew have always insisted on going out while still at the top of their game.

• BoboTheRaven says:

-TCA commentary is PR, it doesn’t mean anything.
        -No matter what, they are not reshooting anything; if it leaves a giant mess… Well it wouldn’t be the first time for this show, or for any show to end that way.
        -Castle is no longer the most watched scripted show on ABC… Nor has it thrashed NCIS:LA (which has won the time slot in total viewers 6 times this season, versus 2 for Castle – when head of head; in more important demo it’s NCIS:LA 5 v Castle 1). The most recent episode was #3 in demo, it lost to soon to (probably) be canceled The Night Shift.
        …. And so on.

Castle is an adequate performer for ABC, and a shadow of its former self.

It’ll be back if the leads sign extensions. Not otherwise. It’s up to them.

• Jennifer Shockley says:

Like if Beckett and castle end up with a family of there own. That’s what it seemed like after feb 23rds episode!!!!

• I want and think Castle should continue. In the question above mentioned about the 2 main story lines are wrapped but I don’t think the show has to have a storyline all the time to continue. However, there is one, what the heck happened to Castle for 2 months?? They better tell us that story if they are going to end it.

• NF and SK fan always says:

they are suppose to have an esp with that in it…..will we get all the answers I don’t think so. I think they are wrapping up in case they don’t come back and from my gut feeling and what I’ve seen/heard I don’t think there is going to be an 8. Hope there will be but I wouldn’t count on it. I just hope they give the series a good ending and one can pray. If we do get 8 that’s the last one,….I just don’t want to see it go any farther down hill. Love the show and the Actors in it and wish whatever happens “good luck” to them all.

2. Cassie says:

Good luck trying to lock both Castle actors for one more season, they’re going to need it

3. K says:

At what point will the cast and crew of castle know if it is the final season? Before or after they wrap filming for season 7 in April

• bill says:

It sounds like it is all a question of wether or not they can get Katic and Fillion to renew their contracts. Unfortunately, the writers could very well not have enough notice to write a proper series finale if the contract negotiations go beyond the next couple of weeks and then prove unsuccessful.

• NF and SK fan aways says:

to me, i think they already know….

4. A says:

Thanks so much for the BONES scoop…looking forward in seeing how Sweets birthday affects the team, esp Booth.

5. Laura says:

I think if one sign, the other will too for not being to blame …

6. Jo says:

Regarding the Arrow scoop….so they really are going down the A.T.O.M road….sigh…talk about veering from the original story lines. As for who utters the line quoted…we all know who and since producers have already said they have no intention of continuing with the Olicity romance, it will be Felicity. Because why not continue to destroy one of the best friendships and characters with chemistry on the show.

• Boom says:

I agree unfortunately with the Felicity prediction :/ I have hated this season the writing feels very lazy and I hate that they’ve warped characters to fit their vision of the show. Hopefully it picks up going into the final stretch of episodes and focuses on the one highlight of this season the Thea/Oliver relationship.

• Ashley says:

The producers have actually said that? I’m… what? Are they serious? Do they just mean for the season, to drag out an endgame relationship with the cushion of already being renewed? Or are Olicity just done?

• John NYC says:

Although it would sound more authentic coming from Laurel given the surrounding events.

But my bet? Thea delivered to Malcolm: girl has a TEMPER.

• Josh says:

Why would Felicity say that line when she has never said I love you to Oliver? I strongly think it’s Laurel to Oliver

• Lex says:

She also hasn’t known Oliver long enough for that line to make sense. It’s about a relationship that started years ago, and even in season 1 when she was being pushed as the Love Interest she never really had any strong feelings about him aside from being (justifiably) angry, bitter and hostile to him. Banging before the Undertaking with a heartbroken Tommy standing outside the window doesn’t really say “epic love.”

• Madison says:

I’m thinking it would make more since for Laurel to say that to Oliver not Felicity. I don’t recall the producers saying anything about not “continuing” Olicity but I don’t read every interview/article.

• schumi8 says:

Really they said that??? But why bring it up in last weeks episode when Slade asked how she was?? I thought it was put on hold. That would really suck if they did that. The line I think comes from Laurel not Felicity. MG tweeted another line from tomorrow’s episode where she says that she is going to take someone presumably Ray to bed but I’m sure that line is out of context…at least I hope it is. I thought this was a road that they weren’t going down.

• Josh says:

Producers never said Olicity is dead. I think that line is taken out of context too. Ray looks rough in pics for tomorrow’s night episode Felicity is more than likely saying that line cause She’s trying to get Ray to get some sleep

• Josh says:

They aren’t Killing Olicity they never said that it’s on hold cause they think Ray is so awesome and creating a love triangle

• Jill says:

It seems to me that the people who like romantic triangles are the show’s writers because they have such trouble writing decent longterm relationships.

Even Castle was awful in season 3 and 4. Thank goodness it’s so much better now.

• Dmac says:

I am thinking that line is from Laurel to Oliver or vice versa.

• Rob Watkins says:

What original storylines are you referring to?

That line doesn’t destroy the relationship. Sometimes friendships have bumps.

• Jill says:

I think the line is going to be from Laurel to Oliver, maybe as he goes to Nanda Parbat to save Malcolm Merlyn, the man responsible for her sister’s death. (Actually, it’s the producers who are responsible but I’ll go with the stoyryline.)

I agree about the show-destroying quality of this season though. It’s like the producers are saying “You loved the Oliver/Diggle/Felicity Team Arrow? You liked seeing Oliver and Felicity be flirty? You liked seeing Sara fighting? Too bad, this season we’re going to get rid of all that. drop Oliver’s IQ by 60 points, and shove Ray/Ra’s/Laurel and everyone who wears a costume down your throat,/ And you’re going to like it or else.”

• Lex says:

It has been a season of killing off their best elements (in favor of advancing the stories of some of the weaker characters because they have a contract), hasn’t it? Love Sara? Kill her. Bored with Laurel? Three-episode arc. Original Team Arrow? I think I can count on my hands the number of times this season Felicity, Oliver and Diggle have worked together on a mission (and I’m still wondering what genius thought sending Laurel out to fight while Digg stayed with the computers was a good battle plan. Writers, you have failed John Diggle, among other things).

Back to the laundry list of bad plot decisions… Not emotionally invested in Ray? Let’s beef up his role so we can have yet another spin-off starring a white dude. Because god forbid they try to do something featuring dynamic, layered heroines (one of whom is disabled and could still kick your ass). Birds of Prey? Obviously not on their spin-off docket, but they haven’t ever made the female characters’ narratives a priority.

When the revelation that a character had a black-haired emo thing going on in college is one of the highlights of the season, something is wrong.

I think the writers are worrying more about what they need to do this season on a production-level than what they need to do on a story-level, and when you’re sacrificing your narrative and best characters for out-of-story obligations you really need to go on a new age writer’s retreat to “find” the stuff that made the show good again. There were so many interesting directions they could have taken the story, but at every opportunity to make the story better they’ve only made it worse.

• Jill says:

You can actually count on one hand the number of episodes where Oliver, Diggle and Felicity have worked together without fighting with each other — The Secret Origins of Felicity Smoak, Flash vs Arrow, the Brave and the Bold and The Climb. In all the rest, either one of the three was benched (Diggle in The Calm) or not in the episode. Four out of sixteen, and we had to draw from The Flash crossover episodes for two of them.

I agree completely about sacrificing narrative and characters for ???? A bunch of new people to get their comic book costumes and crowd the Arrow cave.

They’ve even failed Ra’s this season because Slade and Merlyn were much scarier in s1 and 2. Maybe Nanda Parbat will fix it but right now, Amanda Waller is scarier than Ra’s.

• Gail says:

I think Felicity is to obvious a choice. Other possibilities are Laurel to Oliver, Thea to Roy, Detective Lance to Laurel, or Thea to Malcolm .

7. aurat22 says:

It will be interesting on Once to see Emma confront her dark side. There is good and bad in everyone and everything,and one dimensional characters are boring. Maybe it will help her understand Regina’s, Hook’s, and even Rumple’s struggles better, if she gets an insider perspective on the temptations the other side offers.

• Mer says:

But this is the thing, Emma came from our world, and always understood that not everything is black and white. That is why for a couple of seasons, she always regarded Regina as “Regina.” She told people that she done bad things. When Snow used Regina to kill Cora, Emma was the one that told Snow that she needs to stop moping and understood that sometimes, good people can do bad things.

I don’t know why the writers are introducing themes like they are brand new like they weren’t established since the beginning. That is why there is a focus on redemption arcs for Regina/Rumple/Hook. They already shown have “bad” people are/were/did good things. This Hero/Villain thing is not a new concept that OUAT JUST introduced, lol.

8. I expect Henry’s wife to show up in the last episode of the season, alive, well, and young, revealing that she’s an immortal too.

9. It's Delovely says:

Matt, thanks as always for bringing us news about Belle!

10. Lns says:

I’m here for more Emma development..can’t wait
    Emma and her family and Killian #CaptainSwan

11. Ana says:

Thank you for the once scoop!! I’m very excited for Emma’s storyline this second half of the season. So much potential. I’m also very curious to see how killian will protect her heart. So much potential there as well.
    And yay for Belle and Hook trying to free the fairies from the sorcerer’s hat. I’d love to see thow two become friends.

• Len84 says:

I agree with you Ana. I look forward to all this.

• K says:

It’s hard to imagine how Hook can possibly be of use to Belle in freeing the fairies. Hopefully he’ll at least have the grace to apologize to her for the multitude of times he’s tried to murder and abuse her, but I won’t hold my breath.

• Mer says:

I agree. Hook has tried to kill Belle several times. Recently, he was willing to yet again use her as an object against Rumple. Her working with Hook will not feel organic. She is one of the most brilliant researchers. Hook has been useless for 3 seasons. He didn’t contribut anything in the Zelena arc. He was basically useless in the Snow Queen plot. I think the writers are trying to force an unnaturally alliance, using Belle to prop up Hook to look like hero.

Like you said, if there is no sincere apology, that would be a waste of real development. Belle, in season 3B when Charming left Belle in Hook’s care, she was very uncomfortable and had to remind the “heroes” that the man they were leaving her with tried to kill her multiple times. Those two are just not an organic pair.

12. Et al says:

I’ll be more than happy to take Rafael off Jane’s hands.

13. DF12398 says:

bummed 2 broke girls is only running for 22 episodes this season. should we worry about cancellation? or is it just because it started in October?

• abz says:

I seriously wish the show would cool it was the applause for Jennifer Coolidge every single damn episode whenever she walks in and says “Hey Everybody”. I get that its become a habit or maybe a running joke but its annoying and four seasons it makes no sense. I mean yesterday’s episode, she first appears in the freezer and no applause and I was happy finally it stopped at least for an episode and then two scenes later, applause. :/

• brandydanforth81 says:

Probably cause it started late.Its ratings are deccent enough for renewal plus it Likley has to get to 100 episodes to fulfill its syndication deal with TBS.Wiki and a commenter on Spoikertv both said it has 24 episodes this season though.

• brandydanforth81 says:

Just rechecked wiki 2 BGsdoes have 22.Weird, a couple weeks ago ,it said 24.I wonder why it got 22 instead of 24 cause they could’ve ran the rest of 24 episodes straight through after Christmas break with no breaks

14. Luis says:

First, it totally looks like Castle is winding itself down; I’ll be happy to be proven wrong.
    Second, you have me practically vibrating with excitement waiting for “Arrow” tomorrow night. My bet is that Thea either kills Malcolm or joins the LOA in order to save Oliver. As for that cryptic line about love, I’ll go against the Ollicity tide and say Laurel, since she did, presumably, love Oliver once.

15. Tori Coop says:

Kill svu. Please?

16. Anna says:

Yaaay for Belle! I’m so happy! I hope we get to see more of her in this second part of season 4!

17. sarah says:

unbelievable…getting interchangeable token gay guys is not a consolation prize to losing an already loved, established, gay character. Thanks Teen Wolf for proving once again why your viewership hit it’s peak and is on a steep decline

18. How tired and annoying is the Bones dirge of Christ being a myth!!!!!!!

• John NYC says:

Booth counters her opinion quite effectively to my view.

• Jo says:

Thank Hart Hanson for the run down of the Christian faith. It’s been a center point of Bones since the beginning, At least on Bones Booth talks about his faith in God. Hart Hanson has another show Backstrom that takes pot shots at Christ. I watched a couple of episode of Backstrom just to see how HH wrote the characters, no thanks. I swore that I would never watch any series that Hart Hanson was involved with. When he broke the love story of B&B with Booth bringing a girlfriend home from Afghanistan. The fans were really upset but HH did not care. He is arrogant and has no respect for fans. He stated it was his show and he would write it the way he wanted. Never listening to fans he forgets the fans that watch his shows keeps them on the air. Bones ratings dropped because of HH. In spite of HH Bones has a loyal fan base that keeps the show going in spite of HH.

19. Anna says:

Given the episode(s) that you’ve watched, does it look like Belle will get more screentime?

20. Enters MTV Teen Wolf, patting itself on the back for non existing representation while using token gays characters like interchangeable pieces (danny? mason?) and censoring a charity project because NO HOMO, if not with side characters in the very background.
    And after using Sterek to gain votes, awards, free press and popularity.

• krysylyn86 says:

100% agree with you.

• Lex says:

Arrow fans who loved Sara stand in solidarity with you. Fridging a bisexual character so her much more boring sister can have an arc then being praised in The Advocate for their diversity? Representation is a hell of a lot more than tokenism, and when you have a dynamic, fascinating queer character, killing her off feeds into the “dead lesbian” trope (anyone remember Willow and Tara?).

21. GiselleRose says:

I’m glad to hear Belle will actually HAVE lines in the premiere of OUAT. She’s one of their most interesting characters (with her hero complex, with her intelligence, with her very human flaws, like her impulsiveness etc.) and yet she’s almost constantly shelved (for example babysitting, under some sleeping spell, or have an alternative personality). I’d like to see her reactions not just in her centrics! And maybe with the new BatB movie coming up she could be promoted like all the other regular characters?

Anyway, it’s good to hear about her!

22. The quote is Laurel to Oliver, or possibly Oliver to Laurel. Not a judgment on the couple, just that unless Thea and Roy get into a thing for some reason, it makes the most sense, especially since they seem to be at odds this episode. The only other major romantic pairing is Felicity and Oliver; Oliver has no reason to say this to Felicity as far as I know, and I doubt that they’re going to have Felicity admit that she loves Oliver in this way, not after saving it up so long. Plus, the quote is phrased like the person stopped loving whoever they’re talking to awhile ago, which makes no sense for Olicity. Oh, and there’s Ray/Felicity, but that makes even less sense. So.

Yes, more Belle. The Belle from the midseason finale is awesome, so yes to more of that version of her, please. I can’t wait to see how she fits into Rumple’s new plan. Evil Emma could be fun – her relationship with Hook and friendship with Regina will probably be tested and explored, and I’m all for that.

I think Castle should have one more season to wrap it up. They’ve done pretty much everything – Caskett’s married, they found her mom’s killer, 3XK is gone – and I feel they just need like a 13 episode wrap up and then be done.

I actually still like Michael. Part of it is that I’m just not that into Rafael – he’s gorgeous, and he can be really sweet, but he’s also kind of bland. Like someone wrote down all the traits of a perfect guy, and made him, but forgot to include any of the little quirks that make him relatable – he’s just completely perfect, except when he’s being kind of a tool. I usually feel this way about female love interests, like Laurel pre-BC (sorry, that was a bit of judgment, but hey, I like her better now!), so it’s almost refreshing to see it in a guy. But while he’s a perfectly nice love interest, I think Jane deserves better. Michael’s a little too obsessive, clearly, but he’s weird in a fun way and the actors play well off each other, and when he’s not being obsessive, he’s really enjoyable to watch. And he saved Alba. I love me some Alba, and he saved her, so good on Michael. Maybe next season Jane will have a new, third love interest that will be all that I’m looking for, but for now, out of the two options, I keep leaning towards Michael. I realize that’s probably not the popular opinion, but whatever. I’ll still the show regardless, but I think Michael might be more of the guy I want Jane with.

23. crysania4 says:

Thanks so much for the scoop on OUAT and especially on Belle!

24. Riana says:

I’m guessing Laurel says it.

25. kmw says:

The story of Brennan and her atheism have been apart of the show since the beginning and it works for the show. Would you seriously like Brennan to all of a sudden believe in God? That not only wouldn’t be realistic but it would also take one of Booth and Brennan’s conflicts away. I think that part will the funny aspect seeing how the episode is really about Sweets. I cannot wait till show comes back

• Cindy says:

Thank you!!!!!
      I feel every time Bones remotely brings up any part of oposition to what apparently is considered to be common (acceptable) belief – somehow all hell is supposed to break loose and required to protest about it.
      I never felt her being a scientist believing in the rational side of things made her any less worthy than Booth believing in God…
      For two people believing in entirely different concepts about life they always handled their differences pretty well, IMHO.

26. Ashley says:

For Arrow, I feel like that line will be from Laurel because we’re expecting it being from Felicity. Maybe a heart to heart, coming to terms talk with Laurel and Oliver that’ll allow them to move forward as friends? And he’d stop being a poop head with her. (Ollie’s my favorite and I love him, but every truth bombs dropped on him the past few episodes have been necessary.)

27. John NYC says:

Abigail? I expect as their apparent ages swapped there’d be some sort of challenge as to how to proceed.

On a separate note is it just me or is all this death watching over Castle just too creepy? The depth of animosity from alleged “fans” is peculiar. IMHO.

• lame says:

I don’t think it’s animosity, but I could be wrong. I think fans are picking up on the small signs, the sudden appearance of brand names, the disappearance of regular extras, i.e. the familiar faces of the uniform cops in the precinct, the tight shots allowing only a few detectives to be seen as opposed to the twenty or so in the bull pen in years passed. It signals a tighter budget. I can see where fans might wonder.

28. Nashieb says:

Arrow better not be Felicity or else she’s dead to me!!!

• Josh says:

It can’t be cause Felicity has never told Oliver she loves him to begin with. It’s very likely it’s Laurel to Oliver. Cause the writers jerk off to dumping on Oliver

• Lex says:

I would think I’d be the writers to blame if they have Felicity say something so out of character. Then again she’s had to parrot the “Sara had no light” line to make Laurel feel special, so I have no idea where they’re taking this.

• Jill says:

Marc Guggenheim said that he was surprised that so many people didn’t like Felicity’s line that Laurel has a light that Sara didn’t have. I think that speaks to how out of touch he is with many of the show’s viewers.

• Lex says:

Marc Guggenheim lives a very special bubble where he actually thinks he’s been doing a good job with Laurel from the beginning. Laurel Lance: Greatest Tragedy in TV Writing since the HIMYM Finale.

29. Rae says:

ABC will be making a BIG mistake letting go of Castle!!

• Lucy Sylvia says:

yes I agree with you I love castle best show on TV

• maria says:

It might not be a matter of what ABC wants, as much as a matter of what Nathan Fillion wants. In past interviews he has indicated that the long days are wearing on him. I will be (pleasantly) surprised if he signs on for another season.

• NF and SK fan aways says:

It depends on both! I think they already know, but as you said he’s getting older and well, it’s a strain….he’s been saying that for years. the thing for me is that if they do end up ending the series, that’s really the last time we will probably see either one of them.

• NF and SK fan aways says:

none of the other shows will last, I have seen any anyway.

30. starmaiden says:

If they Cancel Castle I will NEVER watch a Prime-Time show on ABC again.

• NF and SK fan aways says:

I think that a lot people already feel that way! to me that was the only good show on ABC for me and all others are just well medocore at best.

31. kate says:

There is this part of me that suspects the line from Arrow comes between Oliver and Laurel to put a death knell on anyone who thought a Green Arrow Black Canary pairing. I might be a diehard Olicity fan but Oliver wouldn’t say that to her and I don’t know that she got there in the first place. I actually suspect it’s from a previous couple so Thea and Roy could do it. I know Felicity is involved in one of these scenes but it could very well be in trying to talk Ray down she reveals Oliver’s identity. I also suspect that the show might kill Ra’s just to screw with the whole universe.

• Jennie says:

I agree Laurel say’s it to Oliver and probably after she finds out that Thea killed Sara and that Malcolm is responsible and Oliver is going to try and save him.

• Lex says:

Oliver to Laurel would actually be interesting to me because it would mean he realized that the Laurel he thought about for the five years he was away was an idealized construction who never existed at all. Then again, that would be too much character depth.

32. lisagasko says:

Is Castle ever going to tell us what happened when he went missing? They said they would discuss some of it in February, but all they did was say how did you get along without me.

33. I love Castle, but I do kind of hope this is the last season. While they’ve managed to bounce back from a lackluster opening to produce some pretty good episodes over the past eight or so it does really feel like we’re reaching the logical conclusion. Season 8 may be like wanting a Rocky VII: yeah Rocky VI was actually shockingly good, but you really want to take the chance one more damn time?

• lame says:

Marlowe did say years ago the series would end when Beckett had a baby. You have to admit that suggestion has been bouncing around the last couple of episodes.

• NF and SK fan aways says:

yeah and they took a year an a half talking a wedding…….(that shouldn’t have gone on that long!)so who really knows. and they might even put the baby in there-one of the characters-can’t remember what actor said that’s what they wanted so……um….but for me it does seem like it’s a wrap!

34. herman1959 says:

I’m looking forward to the John Barrowman/Matt Nable scene.

35. arial2 says:

Re Kono: would her mother be Athena, Boomer, or one of the other myriad Eights? Kono certainly seems to have all the family Cylon-esque warrior abilities. ;) (Sorry, Grace; you’ll ALWAYS be an Eight to me)

36. Lex says:

So excited for Emma & Regina interactions! That dynamic is my favorite on the show along with Regina & Henry.

BONES! This is a terribly long hiatus. Can’t wait for my Booth/Brennan fix!

Thanks Matt!

37. chaouad says:

do you guys love John Barrowman ?

was he on broadway or something like that ? i feel like he’s too theatrical.

• Jill says:

Both John Barrowman and Colin Donnell have done quite bit of Broadway. They even played the same role (at different time) in Anything Goes.

Stephen Amell has done musical theatre too, Colton Haynes put out some recordings on iTunes, and Emily Bett Rickards has a lovely voice. I

I’d like to see Arrow: the Musical some day

• Lex says:

It’s a crossover event, and Grant Gustin performs an ironic “Life in the Fast Lane” cover, while Jesse L. Martin brings everyone together for a heartbreaking rendition of “Seasons of Love” as the power ballad closing number.

• herman1959 says:

Yes, he is an accomplished theatrical actor and singer. He was the same way on Dr. Who and in the spin-off, which he starred in, Torchwood. But, all of these characters are over-the-top anyway because they exist in a comic-book/alternative universe. He was more low-keyed when he guest-starred on Scandal a couple of years ago (when Mellie hired her own fixer/PR person). That role may be more to your taste.

38. Kat says:

So excited for Emma and Belle. So happy there will be more Belle. Finally. We’ve been starved when it comes to Belle scenes.

Also #SwanQueen making magic and being awesome as always. Yes please.

39. Nancy says:

Please keep Castle they are great. And let’s hope wolf has got a couple of his new shows Chicago Fire and Chicago PD to run as long as his Law and Order series did.

40. Briggs says:

I’m going with the overriding theory that it’s Laurel to Oliver, just because Felicity hasn’t said the L word yet.

• John NYC says:

But she clearly WAS in love with him and the character’s line is about that state, not having voiced it.

• Briggs says:

I don’t think they’re going to have the first time she utters the L word to him be like this. Since Laurel has been in love with him longer, it makes more sense for her to say it.

41. Amanda says:

Since Castle is number “2” on my DVR record series list,( The Blacklist is #1), I am hoping they can have at least one more great season ahead. I would love to see it progress into maybe ending with a family for Castle & Beckett. Maybe the time traveler’s predictions all coming true: that would be fitting! Senator Beckett, and Castle writing serious literature. maybe she could find that letter that she spilled coffee on for the last scene…. anyway, I hope it continues.

42. Sarah says:

My guess is this line “It’s hard to remember a time when I was actually in love with you.” belong to either Laurel to Oliver or Oliver to Laurel

43. N says:

In regards to Arrow, It dawned on me during last weeks episode that we have been seeing an excessive amount of the late Tommy Merlyn in flashbacks lately such as last week and Malcolms flashback to when Tommy was a child. it got my wondering if the writers are setting up his return from the dead which could be this weeks cliffhanger. While it may seem out of the blue, the infamous Lazarus Pits of ra’s al ghuls have yet to really figure into the plot. Perhaps Ra’s has brought Tommy back from the dead to use as a weapon against Malcolm. We never really did learn what became of Tommys body. Thus the line “It’s hard to remember a time when I was actually in love with you.” would be from Laurel towards Tommy, after discovering how Ra’s has corrupted him.

• Emily says:

I think Tommy could be back too-and it could be a line from tommy to Laurel as he has been affected by the LP. or from Thea to Tommy in acknowledgement of the weird, squicky feelings she had for him years ago. But my back up guess is Laurel/Oliver (esp. If she finds out about Thea and Sara.)

44. Laura C says:

Bones has always had her atheistic belief since Day One, choosing only to believe in what she can SEE, or science can PROVE. I don’t take offense at that, it is part of her character role. Besides, she always has Booth to counter her argument, or at least soften the blow because of HIS belief in God.I don’t believe in Lauper’s character either, but again, it’s just a show and it does not affect/lessen my personal faith any. Me, I just want some Sweets. I still miss him. I still watch the TNT repeats. I’m looking forward to NEW episodes and just hope they don’t preempt or move it around any more. I’m getting bored with the NEW Castle, so thanks TNT.

45. It is Nothing Without Love from Nate Ruess!!!

46. Flamingo says:

I really hope we get some Nyssa love this Arrow episode.. She feels so wasted. Hopefully a Merlyn death will offer more space.

47. krysylyn86 says:

So we get a ‘consolation prize’ of another gay character because we want Danny back, Danny is more than his sexuality yet that;s what they choose to focus on. Way to go MTV, I want my representation out there but you are going the completely wrong way about it.

48. dragons3 says:

Is Bones ever going to get around to acknowledging Ralph Waite’s death? It’s been over a year and not even an episode dedicated to his memory. So disrespectful.

49. kmw says:

In regards to Castle, ABC wants it back. They need to have their leads sign on. The only way Castle does not continue is if one of them doesn’t sign on I do hope Castle does get proper sendoff when they choose to go. Those of us that watch Bones are waiting for the same news. As for Bones like I said I cannot wait for it to come back and despite some being upset over Brennan bringing up her beliefs(one of the things I have liked about Bones is they haven’t changed Brennan in this regard), this should be a good episode remembering Sweets and looking forward to Cyndi Lauper and what she does in this episode

• AliceInWonderland says:

how can you be sure that if one of them doesn’t sign on ABC won’t try to continue with Castle?

• NF and SK fan aways says:

why because 1st one said they wouldn’t continue without the other and 2 the show will suffer even more then it is right now! most can over look the cazyness of the esp as long as both leads are there. without either one no the show sorry couldn’t continue….that was really the point of the show was “the writer and his muse” take one out and the show ‘s destroy (if not already)!

• dragons3 says:

I could see “Castle” being able to continue without Stana Katic, although I’m not sure it would be very good. I don’t see how it could continue without Nathan Fillion, though. After all, the show is called “Castle”.