Was Glee Transition Too Fast? How Is Jane Still a Virgin? Why So Sinister, Arrow? Team Liv or Fitz? And More Qs

Glee

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Glee, Jane the Virgin, The Big Bang Theory and Grey’s Anatomy!

1 | Didn’t Coach Beiste’s transition on Glee happen rather quickly? And for all that is good and holy, weren’t you hoping that Mr. Schuester’s days of rapping were over?

2 | Were you as shocked as we were that Grimm‘s Juliette came out on top in the (rather well done) ‘Biestfight?

3 | Constantine fans: Given what we now know about Manny’s intentions, are you hoping even harder for a Season 2 renewal?

4 | Does the time travel and the resulting changing timelines on 12 Monkeys make your head hurt in the best way possible?

The Walking Dead5 | How much would you have liked to have seen the storm that was so powerful it left a Walking Dead zombie impaled and hanging from a tree?

6 | After his shacking up with a new lady while Girls‘ Hannah was away, we feel it’s time to ask again: Why in God’s name would anyone date Adam?

7 | Despite Cecily Strong’s short tenure as anchor, was it a dis to not to include her in the Weekend Update host montage during Saturday Night Live‘s 40th anniversary special? Meanwhile, TVLine reader Josh notes that the all-star ensamble had on hand impressionists for Bill and Hillary, Barack and Michelle, Sarah Palin, Monica Lewinsky and even Linda Tripp, “and they didn’t do a big political sketch?” Lastly: What will SNL do for No. 50?!

8 | Would you be surprisingly devastated if The Originals killed off Jackson?

Jane the Virgin9 | Ummm… how is Jane still a virgin? C’mon, look at this guy. Also, is Sin Rostro’s plastic surgery business just a means of making it easier to recast the elusive criminal in case Bridget Reagan becomes unavailable? And do we really believe that Roman Zazo has a twin?

10 | Is Gotham’s Jim Gordon pretty much the drippiest boyfriend ever? (Thank goodness Lee has enough enthusiasm for the both of them!) Also: Has Barbara somehow become extra-sexy now that she’s down in the dumps?

11 | For a show like Sleepy Hollow, where people die and come back to life with stunning regularity, Henry’s death seemed rather… final, didn’t it?

12 | Castle’s Beckett is badass to be sure, but how did she, with one free hand, overpower Dr. Nieman and ultimately do her in across the room? And how would Rick’s meticulous plan have panned out had Amy not gone outside for a smoke and spied him in the woods?

Justified13 | This week, Justified, last week The Americans…. Does FX has a placement deal with Scrabble this winter? Also: Who holds their phone to their ear like this, with just two fingers? (We tried to recreate the pose and it’s precarious at best.)

14 | On Agent Carter, was that “warming” vest one of Stark’s most ill-conceived, poorly executed inventions ever? Can’t be unlocked, can’t be turned off, it “explosively” overheats…. Yikes!

15 | The fact that Mindy Project‘s Danny so desperately wants his child to be a boy practically guarantees that it’ll be a girl, right?

16 | Was it silly for New Girl to prolong Jess and Ryan’s relationship beyond the point of Julian Morris’ stay? We all knew it was coming, so why peg an entire episode to an off-screen, over-the-phone breakup?

17 | The best Evan moment from this week’s Fresh Off the Boat: His “Buddy” to overreaching Eddie, the “Raisins, raisins, they used to be grapes!” distraction, or the poker game freakout?

18 | Did any other Person of Interest fans audibly cheer in their living room when Root showed up to pop!-pop!-pop! the Samaritan goons outside the school?

Arrow19 | Why does Arrow‘s Oliver look so Lifetime-movie sinister in this flashback photo? Like, should we be concerned that Felicity thought he was “cute”? And no, the fingerprint reader wouldn’t necessarily have taken Oliver off the system, but wouldn’t it flag that a “dead” employee accessed it?

20 | After this typo, did the Empire production office find itself ducking flying cell phones? EmpireDid Anika cross a line by drugging Elle? Has nobody in the Lyon fam ever heard of a paternity test? Finally, what happened to the guy Cookie ordered a hit on? Surely, that’s got to come back and bite her in that ass she likes to show off!

21 | Given the lack of Derek on Grey’s Anatomy this season, seems pretty obvious that one of the perks of Patrick Dempsey’s new two-year deal was a drastically reduced workload, right? Also, how can we help Amelia with Dr. Herman’s surgery? Because Funny Geena Davis must be kept around! (When she jokingly propositioned Owen, didn’t you — at least for a second — think, “Oh yeah, that would work”?)

22 | Are you relieved that Scandal‘s preposterous, potentially shark-jumping Olivia-Pope-up-for-auction plot is over? Also:

23 | Given the clumsy acting the How to Get Away With Murder kids put on in front of Oliver — because you always kick off small talk by mentioning your friend’s drug problem — is it any small wonder they’ve yet to be fingered for Sam’s murder? Also, we’re just ceding the Emmy for Guest Actress in a Drama to Cicely Tyson, right?

24 | On The Big Bang Theory, was the idea behind putting Mrs. Wolowitz’s furniture in Stuart’s reopened store a way to give the characters another place to hang out besides Leonard and Sheldon’s apartment?

25 | How can The Odd Couple‘s Oscar possibly afford that swanky apartment (complete with a sports wall!) on a radio DJ’s salary? And is Matthew Perry too likeable to play the grouchy character?

1. AT says:

1) Coach Beiste’s transition still doesn’t make sense to me. They spent so much time over the years talking about how, despite her physical appearance and profession, she was still a woman. Then over the course of maybe 2 episodes she becomes a man. It just didn’t seem to fit her character development at all. It’s a plot line they could have pulled off, but more time certainly needed to have been devoted to it.

2. Jerri says:

19. Kinda looks like a younger version of Dexter Morgan. Not sure of the creepiness level though.

3. Letti says:

8. No, def not. I don’t care one bit about Jackson, but even more importantly I find the actor very bad. I wouldn’t mind if they killed him off. P.S: I’m not a Haylijah shipper, (rather Klayley), but Hayley has absulutely no part in me disliking Jackson.

4. Remy says:

8) No. I find him very creepy. He doesn’t know Hayley enough to be in love with her. He’s in love with the idea of her. I will be super disappointed if he makes it out of Season 2 alive.

5. BTM says:

20. She crossed several serious lines, and I suspect she’ll March over the line once and for all, playing the “Hell hath no fury” card.

Therefore been no time to do a paternity test. Now that the fundraiser is done, Mal can deal with that.

We’ll find out about the results of the accidental hit when it’s least convenient for Cookie. Just because the show didn’t deal with it immediately doesn’t mean they forgot about it.

6. brandydanforth81 says:

8.Devasted , no but sad cause I like Jackson .But Haylijah..
    1.No.Shed been taking hormones and took a few weeks off.
    24.yes.
    23.yes.Its been said that one of them will crack & tattle tell.
    9.ikr.Yes I think so.yeah,it’s hard to Belive zaz has a twin.

7. Angela says:

#1: Yes, and god, yes.
    #11: It did! And yet…I have a sneaking suspicion that should they get a third season, if the show can find a way to bring Noble back down the line for whatever reason, they will, and Henry will make a triumphant (?) return, even if only for, like, an episode.
    #23: I’m glad I wasn’t alone in thinking their conversation with Oliver was rather oddly handled. As for Cicely, pretty much, yep. She was incredible.

8. Viv says:

4. Oh yes! The greatest way! I was very sceptic at the beginning of the season, but 12 Monkeys really grew on me. I really hope for S2…

8. Don´t know about devastated but yeah, he isn´t as annoying as I expected… but I´m really angry about this death in the last episode… but considering that death doesn´t really stick in those shows… I´ll just hope.

9. kirads09 says:

#2 – Regarding Juliette and Grimm. I really wasn’t because she hasn’t learned any control yet and so much pent up especially against Adalind. She just let it all out.

#3 – Constantine must get a miracle renewal.

#10 – Gotham: I don’t know the comics and all the mythology. But Lee’s “enthusiasm” for Jim’s work and investigations lead me to wonder if she doesn’t have an agenda/ulterior motives of her own that haven’t been revealed yet.

#20 – Exactly. My first thought was that Jamal needs to do a paternity test when the kid showed up. Can’t believe that hasn’t been mentioned/done yet.

10. herman1959 says:

(11) Sleepy Hollow has swung back and forth on people being dead and not (not to mention good and evil) that I’m skeptical any time someone or thing “dies”. I can’t believe that this is the end of Henry unless John Noble doesn’t want to come back.

(19)a – Yes, that photo of Oliver stopped the scene cold for me – he looked like a GQ spread from the 1980s…too much makeup?
    b – The fingerprint should have revealed that Oliver was alive alot earlier.

(22) Guess what gang? The story line is not really over since we will have to sit through the aftermath and the fallout – hopefully it can be wrapped up in 1 episode, but don’t count on it.

(23) Yes, just put Ms. Tyson’s name on the award now and nominate Viola and the writers too because this episode was EVERYTHING! That last scene answered every question we had about why Annalise (Annie May) is the way she is. Shonda are you watching?

11. S. says:

19) Yes, yes, yes. Why did they pick that photo? It DOES make him look quite sinister and creepy, like he’s about to kill someone or blow something up. It was a weird choice.

12. Lerbert says:

18. Yes! To go from booing to cheering during a Root appearance is evidence of great character work from both Amy Acker and the writers over the course of the show.

20. Yes, to Anika crossing a major (if inevitable) line because other than being obnoxious she really wasn’t harmful–until now.

21. Yes. More Geena Davis please. And I don’t think Owen can handle that!

22. Yes. This plot line was a real misstep. Perhaps they should act as if all that didn’t happen?

13. Marco says:

6. I’ve been wondering the same thing about Hannah.

14. Gerald says:

#5 YES. Would have liked to have seen that storm, or at least them acknowledge that an “Act of God” saved them in the barn. The preacher should have a field day with that one. They didn’t even mention it on the Talking Dead….
    #19 Yes he did look a little creepy. I didn’t realize Felicity worked there that long that she had free reign to walk into the president’s office late at night., but I totally thought she was walking in because of an alert that a dead person accessed the computer.

15. B says:

9. I find it more unbelievable that raphael wouldn’t know the name of his brother
    20. a paternity test is definitely necessary, seems odd that the ex-wife would come out of the woodwork now that Jamal’s career is on the rise and not while she was pregnant since his father is so wealthy

16. Daisy says:

2. Grimm: Not shocked but very entertained. That witch or whatever she was made it pretty clear that Juliette was uber powerful.
    8. Originals: Not at all surprised or devastated if Jackson bites it. Bummed a little, maybe.
    10. Gotham: No. Not sexy. Barbara is the worst. Always.
    18. POI: I had always been iffy on Root until this episode. Yay, Root!
    20. Empire: Yes, she absolutely crossed a line. Too far, Anika.

17. lessthanrighteousindignation says:

No, I expected Juliette to get the better of Adalind because she is supposed to be an unusally strong hexenbiest based on Henrietta’s foamy test and yes, I shouted out for joy when Root returned to rescue Harold, who looked mighty perplexed at all the bodies falling around him — you would think he would be used to it by now.

18. Leslie says:

No I would not be devastated if #TheOriginals killed of Jackson. I’ve been waiting on it. Now that he’s married to Hayley he’s definitely got to go. He has overstayed his welcome. Hayley should be with Elijah not Jackson!!

19. Drew says:

19. He actually looks like Dexter in that picture.

21. Is it me, or does Grey’s have the worst parents ever? Where are Meredith’s kids when she is with Alex and Amelia is with Owen? Who is taking care of Sophia when Arizona is with Herman and Callie is with Random Dude? It’s bad enough that they had a scene where everyone abandoned their kids to the 24/7 daycare center, but shouldn’t they pick their kids up at some point?

20. JeffDJ says:

2) Not at all. We’d already seen that Juliette was pretty strong in Biest-mode without much control, and considering her hate for Adalind, I was expecting J to come out on top.

25) Also, in this present-day remake, are Oscar & Felix of a generation when parents still commonly name their kids Oscar or Felix?

• jbj says:

While I don’t know any white men with those names, I do know a few youngish Oscars and Felixes, and I’m in my late-30s. In fact, one of my friends named his son Felix, a couple of years ago.

21. Katherine215 says:

3. Hoping SO HARD for a Constantine renewal. I love that show.
    4. Thoroughly enjoying 12 Monkeys, too. I love the time travel stuff, but especially the episode 2 Fridays ago where Cole actually rescued himself and the rest of the team by going back in the past accidentally.
    Friday nights are the best for TV lately.

22. Matthew Weber says:

#12 – sometimes luck is all you need.

23. delfiteblu says:

21) Derek needs to come back. All during last night’s show I kept think how “non” everything felt. Seems odd that they chose to have Christina and Derek both go at the same time; it’s clear that they add the spice (and Derek the looks!) to Grey’s. I agree with more Geena Davis – she was great last night and I hope they aren’t working us all up to a good cry – AGAIN. 22) I’m glad the whole kidnap arc is over but I hated what Olivia said to Fitz. I’m hoping to blame it on PTSD and exhaustion, though hopefully we won’t have to watch TOO many PTSD flashbacks. I’m ready for trysts in the Oval and gladiators solving OTHER people’s problems.

24. ChicagoDan says:

22) Potentially J-T-S storyline? I could’ve accepted it had it been used to add the four episodes that were lost last season for KW’s pregnancy because that kind of kidnapping arc would’ve work. Instead, it was just ‘twist’ after ‘twist’ after ‘twist’ only made worse by another wretched monologue by Papa Pope. To the show’s credit, Olivia ripping Fitz was quite satisfying. Now, let’s see how long before she changes her mind. Perhaps, if Fitz was going to Dover instead of Mellie, he would have understood the gravity of his choice.

25. Amy says:

#3 – I would be disappointed without a renewal, but not surprised. I really want 1 particularly BIG plot point from the comics to be done and would love to see if they could do it and pull it off.

26. Misscar says:

9. It’s a telenovela, there’s always a long-lost twin. Although, I’m halfway tempted to do a Jane/MCU fusion fanfic where Aaron is an LMD and Sin Rostro is really a certain 1940s black widow who has been in and out of cryogenic freezing for about 70 years.

14. Tony will completely top it on May 1, because he’s always trying to one up Howard.

25. It’s either trust fund money, investments, or the apartment is “friends rent control” as they refer to it on tvtropes.

27. erninlow says:

#8. I do like Jackson, but I feel like his time will be up by the end of the season.

#16. This whole storyline bugged me. Since when was Ryan someone that would ignore Jess, not call her back and then just ditch her! They should have broke up last week instead of this week’s weird change of character. I really hope it wasn’t for the benefit of a Jess/Nick reunion.

• jbj says:

I know! I hated the whole quitting a job to date someone storyline, and having them break-up like that made it pointless. Maybe I’m just not a romantic, but I would never jeopardize my career and livelihood for someone unless I was ready to marry them. I would have preferred His keeping his job at Jess’ school, but running in to his old headmaster during the holidays, then receiving a job offer he couldn’t pass up. Then the writers could have them just agree to be friends who never speak again, or semi-open lovers who just hookup when he is in town. I hate it when they create high-stakes relationships like that.

28. bj says:

23. Cicely Tyson was the best thing about that episode. I think she’s a shoe in for an award.

29. Fido says:

No4 – my head hurts but I don’t mind :)
    No18 – I did, I did. I might have woken up a neighbour but I don’t care. :)

30. Rafael says:

If you can continue digging deep into Sue’s dark secrets and expose it to the public completely and carefully, then Sue will be completely terminated officially. If there is Brittana type, then bring the Klaine type back, once and again!

31. Ray says:

3. Constantine is horrid garbage. The showrunners have no idea what they’re doing mucking in the Hellblazer universe. More experienced execs might have produced a show worth tuning into but this one was not.
    6. The guys on Girls are the most unfortunate looking bunch of actors I’ve ever seen. I’ll be happy to never have to look at Adam Driver’s ugly mug again.

32. Lara says:

21. Yes Patrick must have had a great contract.

22. Yes totally relieved that this kidnapping story is over. Should have had another option to the poll as in nether which I suspect would have been the winner.

33. Bwhit says:

I have one that’s not on the list but bothered me…. On Chicago PD (I loved the episode despite this) couldn’t Burgess have run back to their squad car, radio for help and grab the shotgun? Just bugged me a tad but I enjoyed Marina’s performance.

34. Larry says:

Oscar could be nationally syndicated

35. sarah j says:

8)Yes
    18)Yes
    19)I think it that photo Oliver looked like Michael C Hall as Dexter. It is silly that the system did not flag that Oliver’s thumb print was used.
    21)I wonder when we will see Derek.

36. Rick Katze says:

19. First thought was that they used a picture from the lead in “Goodfellas” for the younger Oliver.

37. Pat says:

#2 I was not shocked whatsoever with Juliette coming out on top during that fight scene.
    #3 My fingers are crossed that Constantine will get renewed.
    #19 That picture of Oliver was very creepy looking. He looks like a young Dexter.

38. Mary says:

It’s possible that the program that A.R.G.U.S. had on the drive that Oliver was using to find the info about where the meeting was going to take place could erase the evidence that he was the one who accessed the computer.

39. Tom says:

1 | Didn’t Coach Beiste’s transition on Glee happen rather quickly? And for all that is good and holy, weren’t you hoping that Mr. Schuester’s days of rapping were over?
    ~
    Well they DO only have a limited number of episodes. Also, apparently nothing can stop his rapping
    ~
    7 | Despite Cecily Strong’s short tenure as anchor, was it a dis to not to include her in the Weekend Update host montage during Saturday Night Live‘s 40th anniversary special? Meanwhile, TVLine reader Josh notes that the all-star ensamble had on hand impressionists for Bill and Hillary, Barack and Michelle, Sarah Palin, Monica Lewinsky and even Linda Tripp, “and they didn’t do a big political sketch?” Lastly: What will SNL do for No. 50?!
    ~
    I found Strong’s snub rather odd myself. It is weird they didn’t do SOME kind of political sketch, could have replaced the misguided Californians.
    ~
    ~
    But if they’re mucking about with the timeline…..
    ~
    ~
    As cold as this winter’s been lately part of me would welcome it if they worked out the overheats thing
    ~
    ~
    Hadn’t thought about that, I was looking at it as a kind of a way to remember her
    ~
    ~
    Suspension of disbelief, and hey, he’s probably syndicated so there’s that. And you gotta have a bit of likability in a grouch otherwise people would hate them

40. Georgia Madman says:

2) Finally liking Juliette! She could be a powerful ally and not the weakest link.
    3) Please, please, please Season 2 of Constantine!
    6) Instead of asking why would anyone date Adam, why not ask why would anyone but 50 Shades fans watch Girls.
    10) Morena is making me watch the whole show instead of just the scenes with Bruce, Alfred and Selina.

41. Patrick Maloney says:

3. I would argue that fans of the comic series are now more anxious than the fans of just the series because they know the interesting ground the show can cover with this reveal.

42. TVPeong says:

Those scenes between Viola Davis and Cicely Tyson were so intense. I hope they both win Emmys for their work.

43. Emmy says:

19) I had said in the recap of Arrow that they should have explained Felicity’s presence by her getting an alert that a dead person just logged in to they system and she was going to check to make sure everything was ok….it would have explained a lot!

44. AnnieM says:

I can’t stand Barbara Gordon. I hope they dump her and keep Dr Leslie.

I imagine Jackson on TO will meet his maker at some point this season or next. I neither like nor dislike him, so I won’t miss him, but I do hope they let him die a heroic death, rather than by yet another of Klaus’ plottings.

45. Tracey says:

6) Agree, who would want Adam? Blech.
    21) I wish Geena Davis would stay. I wish Meredith was shipped off to DC instead of Derek. She’s annoying. He can be too but Patrick Dempsey on the screen is a good thing.
    22) Very glad its over. Team Olivia all the way. Hope she’s away from Fitz for a good, long while.
    23) Cicely Tyson should be a lock.

46. jg says:

18) Hell yeah! Root’s 40 second appearance was everything..She definitely stole the show :) Amy Acker’s performance is always topnotch

47. A fan of TV says:

I think that no matter what sex Baby C-L is, it will lead to comedy. Mostly because Danny with a girl would be just as funny as Mindy with a boy.

48. A fan of TV says:

As for number 25, its the worst cliche in TV where everyone just has a perfect and desirable home, even though they can’t realistically afford it based on their careers. I suppose shows don’t test well when someone lives in subsidized housing, unless that’s the show’s entire point.

49. m3rcnate says:

5) While seeing the storm that killed Walkers on TWD would have been awesome…would have been a waste of the seasons budget. It would have been VERY expensive (CGI required) and had NO impact on the shows story. Save that money for a AWESOME series of scenes that has a impact on the main characters/story.

7) Cecily Strong is my favorite SNL cast member, doesnt hurt that i have a big crush on her too, but yeah she should have been included in the montage.

8) LMAO ummm…NO. Jackson is lame as is the entire werewolf story line and wedding. It’s all just plot to separate (aka add tension and a love triangle/forbidden feelings) Elijah and Hayley.

12) You can’t pick at network TV show plot holes because they are so numerous its not even funny. So much of what happens on Castle and so many other shows is jacked FULL of plot holes and hyper unrealistic moments.

19) Lol yes and yes. That picture was CREEPY like “I’m a billionaire playboy by day, and a serial killer by night” creepy. Also yes, it should have thrown a red flag to security/tech that Oliver Queen (a dead person) used a finger print reader.

24) Yeah i would imagine so, i mean without Mrs. Wolowitz what is the Wolowitz home set? No reason to go back, just use the comic book store from then on…makes total sense IMO.