Pretty Little Liars Recap: Blood Brother

Pretty Little Liars Spoilers

Show of hands: Who thought it was a good idea to host a blood drive in Rosewood? … Oh, no one? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Aria’s brother Mike — who’s totally proving my theory about the correlation between hotness and evil…ness — took full advantage of the poorly planned event on Tuesday’s Pretty Little Liars, snatching some cookies the girls’ blood donations and handing them off to Alison’s “kidnapper” Cyrus.

Why, you ask? Well, unless this is the first time you’ve watched this show — in which case I suggest you drop out of school or quit your job, whatever you have to do to catch up — you know Rosewood is more of an ask-questions-first-answer-questions-never kind of town. And this latest situation, which I’ll call Mike-gate for now, is no exception.

Of course, the true crime in this week’s episode was that Andrew remained fully clothed, despite volunteering to help Aria study. I mean, I know he wrote the book on strip-studying, but did he really have to change the rules in the middle of the game? I’m crying foul.

Anyway, here’s what the other Liars were up to this week…

Pretty Little Liars SpoilersEMILY | Miranda Rae Mayo wasn’t kidding when she told TVLine that Talia was hoarding a massive secret from Emily. Not only is she lying about her name — I knew she wasn’t a Sandoval — but she’s also married! To a dude! Fortunately for her, Emily is a kind soul with an endless capacity for forgiveness, so after learning that Talia’s husband knows she’s a lesbian and that she’s only with him because they’re life-long besties, Emily decided to say “Screw it” and give her a second chance. (Of course, it’s always possible Talia is lying about that, too! Dun, dun, dun…)

SPENCER | Did anyone notice Toby was M.I.A. from this week’s episode? Because Spencer sure didn’t. She spent the first half of the hour flirting with college-dropout Jonny Raymond while she helped him paint a mural at Hollis, then spent the second half of the hour freaking out because — wait for it — he lied about being asked to paint it. (A liar? On this show? Well, I never!) In the end, much like Emily, Spencer decided to give Jonny a second chance; he might have risked getting her arrested again, but he also showed her a good time, which we all know she hasn’t had in quite a while. Also, they’re kind of even since she ate all his macaroni and cheese, an unpardonable sin in my apartment some cultures.

Pretty Little Liars SpoilersHANNA | Things weren’t much better in the Marin household this week. Not only is it looking like Ashley is back on the market — she accepted Ted’s proposal, but also told him about Jason, and it’s unlikely that he’ll take her back — but Hanna is resorting to extremes to pay for college. Seriously, a beauty pageant? I have no doubt Hanna could win, assuming “A” doesn’t intervene, but I’d hate to see her flush a piece of her soul down the toilet like that. Then again, as Papa Marin preached, it all comes down to “dollars and cents.” Hey, she could always ask Alison for a loan from one of her secret bAnk Accounts! (Side note: Did anyone else get “uh-oh” vibes from Ezra’s chat with Hanna? Just saying, they’ve got chemistry.)

All right, PLL fans, it’s your turn to weigh in: What’s the deal with Mike and Alison? Should Emily be giving Talia a second chance? And, seriously, am I the only one who felt the Ezra-Hanna connection? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. Et Al says:

Why wasn’t puberty that kind to me?

2. kn1231 says:

I haven’t watched in a few episodes, just been reading the recaps. Well this recap almost put me sleep! What a boring episode. This show is definitely not what it use to be.

• Riana says:

Well Sasha needed some time off to film a movie and lack of Alison is really showing.

• dan says:

Whatever the reason, I’m glad Sasha/Allison has been off for a few weeks. Can’t stand the actress. Something about her drives me crazy (maybe that’s the point?). I agree this episode was boring with lots of filler. I’d like to get a hold of Ashley’s divorce lawyer and teach him/her a thing or two because the agreement she had with Hana’s dad concerning college is ridiculous. Oh well, one has to suspend reality to watch this show. I keep waiting for answers (and I keep asking my daughter “who’s that?” as new/old characters seem to appear out of nowhere) without any payoff, yet this show is somehow still fun to watch.

3. Riana says:

Mike probably believes that Ali is innocent. It makes him the smartest person in Rosewood at this point because we know she is.

4. kate says:

Spoiler… I bet Mike is dying. The actor had just joined Teen Wolf

• dan says:

Maybe he can do both shows. Most of the actors on this show seem to be reoccurring and not on weekly or even very often. Drew Van Acker is on this show and he plays Susan Lucci’s son on Devious Maids.

5. JJM says:

If you’re donating blood, why would your blood be placed in a small vial? Wouldn’t it be in a blood bad?

6. ssnake42069 says:

Cody Christian has joined MTV’s Teen Wolf season 5 cast as someone named Theo. A lone wolf who is drawn to the spooky California town in search of a pack. He’s described as athletic and charming yet covert, and while it may appear that the young adult is new to town, his past might suggest otherwise. Credit for that bit of story goes to spoilertv and MTV itself.

7. regina says:

I couldn’t A*gree more about Hanna and Erza…
    As far as Mike goes, I think he killed Mona and Ali saw him/has proof and is making mike help her.. even if the Ali part isn’t true I definitely think he killed Mona. When he was building the shelves with Ezra he said to Ezra that “no one can lose that much blood and survive “.. Holbrook had said that same line but Mike was totally MIA , so ….
    Hanna is really A ? I think its definitely an interesting theory and she has been working really gardbto look like she the ditzy blonde…

• kpmom says:

The video of mona’s attack shows a blond woman killing her. Yes, the person could have been wearing a wig, but I don’t think Mike could be mistaken for a woman.

8. JJM says:

Can someone tell me how an inmate named Hank Mahoney can call from a woman’s correctional facility? Isn’t the name always verbally given my the inmate calling when stating their name?

9. Guest says:

Yawn. More “oh A must be Mike! He’s so the bad guy blah blah blah” only in a couple episodes (possible season finale) the writers will go SIKE it’s not him at all he’s actually the good guy here trying to get in with Alison to see if he could get intel on why his beloved was murdered, ect. SO BORING! Just stop writers. Like someone said on a JTV recap. 13 episodes in we know who Sin Rostro is but 100+ episodes into this stupid show and nothing. I don’t know how much more nonsense I can take with this show :( it use to be awesome now it just..is.. So sad

10. Katie says:

I’m going to go with my sister’s theory, which is that Mona is the one with the twin. So, with that in mind, I want to suggest another theory. Maybe Mona’s twin (who, in this theory, is A) went to Mike, pretending to be Mona, and he’s doing these things because he thinks he’s helping her, in some way. You know, maybe she was all, “Mike, honey, I’m not really dead, and I can’t tell anyone I’m still alive because, you know, obviously someone tried to kill me. So make sure you keep it a secret.” And then he finds out the truth, gets killed, and there we have it. (Since I think Mike will be dying, too, bc of the Teen Wolf gig)

• gemma says:

After this episode i’m convinced A is actually Andrew. We were told that A was in the first episode, which andrew was! He’s also amazing at pretty much every subject so he could easily manage to plant scientific evidence. As for Mike, I think he’s only doing what hes doing to try and find out who killed Mona.

11. dina says:

who is the guy and the girl in the photo

12. MIKE says:

It’s about time some smart Producer snapped up Cody Christian

13. nancy says:

EMily is totally stupid for pursuing Thalia, and Thalia has secrets we have not learned about yet! Mike is scary and being used big time! Not sure about how Cyrus fits in but it seems he
    is about to be “eliminated”!