Who's Feeding Flash Foes? Is Sleepy Witch the Next Big Bad? Supernatural's Best Mini-Dean? And More TV Qs!

Hawaii Five-0

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Shameless, The Flash, Nashville and The Blacklist!

1 | Has Hawaii Five-O upped the ante when it comes to how police convoys get hijacked on TV? #CameInLikeaWreckingball

2 | Were you impressed by Hart of Dixie‘s commitment to keeping Wade shirtless throughout nearly all of last Friday’s episode?

RELATED 2015 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

3 | Fiona and Gus’ quickie marriage on Shameless: Foolish or romantic?

4 | On Episodes, is Carol’s relationship with Helen Bash doomed from the start, just like all of her relationships with previous network presidents?

Bachelor5 | Did Bachelor producers really need to enlist a creepy “love guru” to get Farmer Chris and one of his comely prospects into a variety of uncomfortable “sexytime” positions?

6 | Who now thinks Katrina is going to be the Big Bad for Sleepy Hollow‘s (possible) Season 3?

7 | Given this week’s Jane the Virgin reveal, as with Agent Carter and even White Collar before that, has Bridget Regan become TV’s go-to gal for “Not What She Seems”?

The Flash8 | Who’s feeding The Flash’s imprisoned metahumans? (Is there a food service contract for the Pipeline, or do they self-serve fish biscuits like on Lost?) Also, the average parent can barely take a crisp photo of Junior ambling on his tricycle, yet Iris’ iPhone gets this good a pic of The Fastest Man Alive? And is it weird that no one from Arrow has at least told Barry that Oliver is was dead? (Willow had the decency to tell Angel that Buffy had died!)

9 | Has anyone considered that Forever‘s Adam might be lying about his experience in the Holocaust in order to lower Henry’s guard?

Supernatural10 | Where does Dylan Everett rate among Supernatural‘s Young Deans? (He’s totally the best, right?) And can we please get a spinoff/prequel starring Everett and Colin Ford (suggested title: Wee Winchesters)?

11 | Did New Girl‘s “Swuit” remind anyone else of Barney Stinson’s pajama suit from How I Met Your Mother?

12 | Isn’t a bit disappointing that Cougar Town‘s aspiring photographer Travis has decided to spend the rest of his days manning a winebulance at Gulfhaven Plaza? Sounds more like a Jules Cobb dream than one of his.

13 | Will Ground Floor‘s premature cancellation stand in the way of Brody and Jenny’s happy ending? (We can’t help but think Jenny’s fear of marriage will torpedo things in next week’s finale.)

14 | Where in Arrow’s Inglorious Wig Hall of Fame does Malcolm’s flashback coif rank? Also, isn’t it a bit funny that Malcolm changes back into a suit and tie, Laurel her pencil skirts and dangerous heels, immediately after busting skulls in leather and masks? Does no one own a Swuit?

15 | Nashville‘s Maddie has to be a match for dad Deacon’s liver-transplant needs, right? And did this week’s episode make you feel a little bad for disliking Luke so much?

Empire16 | Which Empire track is more hit-worthy: Jamal’s “Dollar Bill” or Hakeem’s “Drip Drop”? And was Lucious’ proposal to Anika motivated at least in part by his desire to get her dad to give him a clean bill of health, to satisfy the requirements of his IPO?

17 | Did you have to look away from The Americans when Philip and Elizabeth “disposed” of Annelise’s body?

18 | On Suits, could it have been any more obvious that Louis’ refusing to let Rachel speak would wind up biting him in the ass with his new client?

19 | Whoa, is Hindsight really suggesting that kind, sweet Andy Kelly — and not bad boy Sean — is the guy for Becca?! Would that be a TV first? On a different note, does the character of Paige stick out like a sore thumb?

Grey's Anatomy20 | How is Grey’s Anatomy not selling replicas of the creepy-cute 3D-printed tumor that Mer was using as a teddy bear? Didn’t you think April was going to chop off a finger when slicing carrots as Jackson and her mom argued? Finally, are you loving this seasons’s strong focus on next-gen medicine as much as we are?

21 | Knowing that she’d be “safe” for a long while, shouldn’t Scandal’s Olivia have given her industrious friends a bit more time to track her down, instead of tricking Ian into evacuating the premises?

22 | Place your bets now: Who’s ultimately going to take the fall for Sam’s death on How to Get Away With Murder? And did Rebecca have something to do with the strange claw marks left behind by the previous occupant of Wes’ tenant, or is that little subplot just a red herring?

23 | Is The Blacklist a little too confident at this point that the audience will still care when/if it’s revealed that Red is Liz’s father?

25 | How psyched is that insurance company about pitchman J.K. Simmons’ awards-season profile?

1. Heidi says:

#6 It would be interesting if Katrina was convinced to join forces with Irving and Henry against Ich and Abbie.

2. Tran says:

1) Miley Cyrus wrecks the convoy. 23) need we say more about Red & Liz?

3. Jboges says:

#8- I have asked that question from the first day. How doe they feed their prisoners in the pipeline? I mean some of them you cant even open their doors or they will use their powers. Just one reference would make me happy.

• Curly Girly says:

Me too! Glad I’m not the only one who was wondering this!!

• Z says:

how do they use the bathroom? I guess by not feeding them it’s not that big of a question

• Rob Watkins says:

At most, it’s a mildly interesting question, but not nearly as important as you’re making it seem.

• B says:

agreed, containment cells are pretty common in comic books don’t see this as being a ‘major’ plot point unlike some commenters. We don’t know what happens to the metahumans (e.g. if they are studied) but really….who cares? The show isn’t about them and there have been few that have appeared in more than one episode

• Rob Watkins says:

I could see them making some sort of meta-comment about this just due to the sheer amount of times I’ve seen this comment pop up. Here’s the thing, why is it every time I read it, or damn near, the commenter thinks they are being original?

4. Annie says:

7. Or this season, for that matter. Anything would be an improvement. Although it was fun seeing “That Thing You Do!” guy in a bad wig.

5. chuckiechk says:

During Tuesday’s episode, Hartley “The Pied Piper” Rathaway while talking to Cisco did request Thai food

6. The Kaibosh says:

#15 Nashville. Yes and Yes, and I gotta admit that was a pretty good revenge song by Luke at the end.

7. John NYC says:

“24 | For the few who watched Allegiance: How did Alex, who clearly comes from a Russian family, pass the CIA background check?”

Cleared by the same outsourced company that cleared Snowden? #MarketForcesRule!

• John says:

No. Actually she was cleRed by the same company that cleared the psycho chick from Homelamd for active duty as well as gave her her own ‘command’

8. Luke says:

8) Related to this (slightly), don’t they also need to go to the bathroom, because from what I’ve seen they don’t have toilets in the Pipeline or do they have scheduled bathroom breaks ? ;)

9. Tatiana says:

The illegal and frankly immoral treatment of the metahumans on The Flash pulls me out of the show every week. I really hope they address it soon. I mean, indefinite solitary confinement without a trial is bad enough… But a petty thief who was trying to help her terrible boyfriend receives the same punishment as literal murderers? Really?

• Jim says:

Totally agree. I love The Flash, but their personal prison has so many things wrong with it. When do they eat, go to the bathroom, bathe? I understand a normal prison would not hold the metahumans, but they are still people entitle to have their basic functional needs met. It seems like the logical ending is some kind of breakout, but it needs to happen sooner than later.

• Georgia Madman says:

REALLY!! Y’all need to get a life.

• Rob Watkins says:

She needs containment, and it would hard to get a trial when you can’t keep her in a room without her teleporting away.

It’s such ridiculous question, “where do they go to the bathroom” or “do they get food?” How often did Jack go to the bathroom or eat in 9 seasons of 24?

• Isobel says:

Hopefully the show frames it as the influence of Wells and does reference the fact that the prison is illegal and immoral

10. Steven says:

3. It was cute, but you know it won’t work out.
    8. We do not talk about Angel finding out about Buffy’s death. I do not need those kind of feels right now.
    19. I love Andy. I just hope he’s ok after the car accident!
    22. I hope Asher takes the fall. i still don’t understand the point of his character.

11. Dj says:

Red has always seem to be truthful with Liz well in his own way he has. So since he told her he wasn’t his father I hope he isn’t.

12. Belle says:

1. I loved the wrecking ball stunt. It was perfect!

13. ninamags says:

So many good questions guys!
    6. I hope they don’t go there with Katrina, it will be a cop-out and horribly unfair to her. Give
    people more excuses to hate her, why don’t you.
    8. I totally thought about bathroom needs while watching the Flash as well.
    9. Adam is lying to Henry for sure. But he did provide the answer of who the parents were.
    10. This is the best young Dean for sure. I would totally watch Wee Winchesters!!!!
    16. The Dollar Bill song is superior. Someone theorized it was purposefully better so when both
    songs are released the drip drop song would be a mega bomb.

14. Heathers says:

#3 if it was any girl other than Fiona, I’d say romantic. Fiona is going to kill this relationship and move on to the next dirtbag. Her new hubby is too nice and normal for her.
    #4 Carol is doomed.

15. Babybop says:

I think she’ll be the big bad in the finale – and that she’ll end up dead. Though it would be interesting to have her be the big bad for season 3… If we get a season 3… (Please renew this show, Fox!!)

16. Jim says:

When can we start talking about Larry Wilmore’s show and the fact that it is not working? I’ve given it three weeks, and I can’t continue much longer. I like his comedy, the opening segment is usually okay, but the panel is tto short and the “Keep it 100” trope is way too forced.

17. Luis says:

8. The STAR Labs metahuman prison has always seemed at the very least problematic to me; beyond the constitutional implications (due process, habeus corpus, etc.), the mere threat of all those metahumans suddenly escaping/being set free (please let Grodd do it, please let Grodd do it, please let Grodd do it!!) is staggering.
    23. “Blacklist” is going to have to pull something spectacular to make me care about Red’s relationship to Liz.

18. Kate says:

2. Yes, but it almost had the opposite effect – that you got used to it.

8. I have been wondering about who feeds the prisoners and how they go the bathroom for the whole season. It was one thing when just the Mist guy was there, from what I understood, he was not actually alive. I humorously answered my question of how they deal with the bathroom (if they don’t feed them…). But now that Shawna is down there and I figure at some point Barry is going to want to break his father out of jail and his father is in a locked cell, he probably wants to treat her well. I mean, they probably should start bringing this up basically also to provide one of the means of eventual escape. As to the picture, yes, that was impressive, but it also sort of looks like the same picture from 2024, so it might be the only one.

19. I explained away Malcolm’s wig by the fact that they had to make him look younger when in all likelihood the 21 year old flashback version is probably close to John Barrowman’s actual current age…but I was more sort of distracted by the time line issue. I have a memory of Malcolm saying he left for three years, and Thea is twenty (I think).

23. Probably, but I found myself still intrigued, but that might have more to do with how well James Spader and Megan Boone did that scene. I’m concerned the end thing with the doctor might have muddied the waters a bit, but I want to see Liz take ownership of everything.

• Rob Watkins says:

Yeah, the timeline was screwed up. I think Thea’s only 20, and Malcolm spent 2 years in Nanda Parbat, but he would’ve had to have had the affair before he left. The writers created a plot hole by trying to create a sense of urgency.

• cody says:

thea is 20 oliver i do believe is approximately 31 now which means him and tommy would have been 11 when thea was born and malcolm left when tommy was 8 for 2 years making it completely possible considering moira (tear) only had to be pregnant for 9 months

• Rob Watkins says:

Oliver was born in May of 1985 (I remember because we’re around the same age), so he hasn’t turned 30 yet.

• cody says:

ya that’s right so oliver was 9 when thea was born but almost 10 and thea depending on the timeline of the show only just turned 20 as she was born on january 21st 1995 which makes sense because in season 1 she turned 18

• herman1959 says:

You got it! The timeline is roughly correct, as is John Barrowman’s age. Merlyn’s age seems to me to be 50ish, and John Barrowman is 47. I think the wig was great because it actually did make him seem younger.

• Rob Watkins says:

I guess it works, thought I prefer that Malcolm didn’t cheat on his wife with Moira, rather he turned to her for comfort. He also found out about Nanda Parbat rather quickly.

• jj says:

8. this has already been discussed in an episode, if Barry wanted to break his father out of jail he already has the means to do so with his speed (as seen in the last episode when he was coercing the criminal) however his father would have to spend the rest of his life in hiding as a fugitive which is why he hasn’t done so

19. LAwoman says:

4. Doomed or not, it’s better than Carol’s last two.
    17. Not just look away, but cover my ears as well! Great sound effects for maximum shudders.

20. B says:

12. kinda sad that travis seems to have given up his photography dreams but his business will be a success even if the cul de sac crew are his only customers haha

16. Jamal’s song is better but I think that kind of goes along with the theme of the show. Jamal is the better/more talented artist but Hakeem has the more marketable ‘look’

21. cr says:

#6 Yes, please. She’s a detractor from the quality of the show. Do something, anything, with her and send her on her way.

22. #6 Katrina the big bad? Oh yes! She has repeatedly been caught in lies and misdirection.
    #8 Food slot built inside the cell? With an ultra cool force field to keep them from using it for escape.
    #10 Pretty darn good mini Dean
    #14 His wig was better than Oliver’s Hong Kong hair. Felicity seems to be the only one who changes into comfy clothes-except for Oliver’s half naked sparring outfits-which I vote to see more of.

23. Katherine215 says:

2. Impressed and appreciative. Wade is a handsome man.
    8. I, like many others apparently, have been wondering about the feeding and bathing of the inmates all season! At least give us an answer, even if it’s a dumb one. I’d settle for robots making the food, just something.
    9. I don’t trust Adam at all and Henry will be a colossal idiot if he lets his guard down just because of this.
    23. The Blacklist needs to start answering questions, asap. I’m getting annoyed as heck with an entire episode that teases answers to Liz’s memories and gives us…nothing. Plus Liz being done with Red has happened at least 3 times now, and it never sticks. Get a new plot device already.

24. Mo says:

10. Yes! Best young Dean. I would love to see Colin Ford back as young Sam, too.

18. Please Louis, get your sh*t together (as Harvey would say) and get back on the team! (as Donna said) I like Louis having a slightly adversarial relationship with the rest of the gang, but I don’t like him being so mean.

22. I have no idea who’s gonna take the fall, but I’m seriously concerned how much longer Connor can hold it together without cracking.

25. Nick says:

I still don’t think Red is Liz’s father

26. Lizo says:

I’m still totally invested when it’s revealed that Red *isnt* Liz’s father on The Blacklist.

27. LibKat says:

8. Obviously Harrison Wells is using the same catering company that ARGUS is using for the Lian Yu prison. It’s already vetted and everything.

10. I would watch the h*ll out of Wee Winchesters, especially if Jeffrey Dean Morgan was on as Papa W.

28. OA says:

Sidenote on the Arrow question: How uncomfortable did Thea look in those heels in her scene with Malcolm?

29. TinLV says:

#21.. yes that was dumb. one more day and she would have been rescued.. but they want to prolong this storyline, so that wouldn’t do. I am loving the story so far though. It took longer than I thought for the missing neighbor to come up. Loved seeing Marla Gibbs.. I wasn’t sure she was still around.

30. Pat says:

I loved the young man who played a young Dean on Supernatural, last Tuesday night. He looked and acted just like grown-up Dean. I also loved the look on Sam’s face when he realized that the young man at his door was his brother Dean.

31. bj says:

8. I wasn’t wondering so much about food as I was bathroom facilities. They seem to be expected to stand in a dark box for eternity.

17….Ewww..I definitely had to look away. It looked so real. Definitely a scene of the week there.

32. Joey says:

As much as I love The Flash, the pipeline prison is just a huge plothole that’s probably impossible to reasonably explain. How do these people go to the bathroom, shower, eat, keep from going insane or killing themselves, etcetc. The police obviously know about it now, too, so how is it still allowed to exist? I imagine by the end of the season we’ll see the whole thing fall apart, and maybe see a metahuman prison built to accommodate them.

• Rob Watkins says:

Is it a plot hole? It’s not an inconsistency, it’s just not explained. I keep using the example of Jack not going to the bathroom because it’s also an example of something we never see and don’t need to know because it has no baring on the plot.

How do the police know the cells exist?

It will probably eventually be destroyed or sabotaged. I imagine it playing out kinda like in Ghostbusters.

33. evababy says:

#6 – Henry and Irving did way more evil stuff and have much more potential to be a Big Bad for S3 than Katrina. She basically exploded a flower. Big whoop. Even if they did make her the big bad in S3, she’d somehow mess it up. Nothing they’ve written for her so far has worked.

34. TG says:

#2 & #6 – heck yes!

35. Terrell says:

#8 To answer the last part of your question about no one telling Barry about Oliver, Flash had a time skip after the midseason finale while Arrow didn’t. The entire storyline on Arrow the last few weeks took place before the first new episode of the Flash did, so he probably dealt with the news of both his death and revival off screen.

36. Bwhit says:

#3- foolish! I remember when she wouldn’t even let Jimmy/Steve help with the electric bill and now she gets hitched to a guy who has barely interacted with the rest of the Gallaghers. It will be interesting to watch but let’s be real, he hasn’t had the pleasure of meeting Frank and Jimmy/Steve/Jack is going to pop up here soon.

37. Viv says:

15. To be entirely honest: I never did dislike Luke so I felt bad for him as soon as Rayna cancelled the wedding. I understand that he was in the crosshairs of the rayna/deacon shippers, but I’m not really into shipping so didn’t care for that.

38. MIKE says:

One of the best episodes of Supernatural. As for Wilson Bethel he should always be shirtless.

39. Dakota60 says:

The term has been used since S1 and it’s called the Weechester’s and I would be totally on board with Colin and Dylan, two very talented actors in a SPN spinoff.

40. lkh says:

#25 JK Simmons does have a very distinctive voice, so he’s hard to miss. He’s a good actor too-guess it’s nice to have money from ads, can’t criticize. Really liked him in The Closer and everyone knows he was the news editor in Spiderman. He says lots of people don’t know that was him–guess it’s the hair. and so it goes

41. Lauren says:

8) I have been thinking this all along. As well as the fact that they would probably all go (more) insane being stuck in a room for that amount of time. At least in prisons they get exercise and socialization.

15) It didn’t make me feel bad and I still don’t like him, but props to Will Chase for actually making me feel bad for him. Rayna’s reaction really bugged me. She didn’t seem nearly contrite enough.

• Rob Watkins says:

Are you really sweating the fact that a guy who tried to destroy an entire city and murdered people in cold blood has no one to talk to in a prison cell? He has room to move around in his cell and he can do pushups and squats.

42. Alichat says:

6) I think that is a distinct possibility. And I’m wondering if she will join up with Henry. The more she lies to Ichabod, the less I like her.
    8) I kept waiting for that moment as well. We just needed a minute or two of Felicity calling Barry to tell him, and him offering to come there. She tells him no. He decides not to tell the others just yet. Done.
    17) Oh my god….that skeeved me out so bad. Even if you closed your eyes….the sound effects. Blehyuck!
    20) I thought that as well since they did a tight shot of her slicing the carrot and held it just a bit too long. I was cringing waiting for the slice.
    21) I still think I’d have liked to see Fitz decide not to go to war….to call their bluff.
    22) I think the wall marks will feed into some paranoia brewing in Wes’ brain, and he’ll think she has something to do with them.
    23) Yes. They’ve teased this enough. And I miss the Keen and Ressler scenes. I liked the moments of them helping each other with their latest life trials.

43. IMHO says:

15. Nope not even a twinge. Never cared much for Luke and he acts like a spoiled brat when he doesn’t get his way or win all of the awards.
    They have to be setting up a Daughter Father liver transplant story for Mattie & Deacon.
    17. That was Disturbing ! Even if you did wince and shut your eyes the sound of the bones breaking was horrible

44. Ally Oop says:

I think a prequel would be a good move for a Supernatural spinoff. Perhaps showing their dad and his siblings or friends in the 70s. There’s so much potential there.

45. Lauren says:

Fiona wedding was very romantic. Too bad the show is Shameless, she won’t be getting a break until later.

46. Meredith says:

Yep, #8 drives me nuts. Same goes for the prison on Lian Yu (Arrow). Is someone living on a deserted island just to feed Slade and Digger?

47. Tom says:

~~~
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    ~~~
    ~~~
    We still don’t know the future.
    ~~~
    ~~~
    I’m smelling cliffhanger.
    ~~~
    ~~~
    I’ll never be psyched for anything because I died in an accident that somehow insurance apparently could have saved

48. Never anything on ‘The 100’

49. Azrielen says:

Who is taking care of the supervillain prisoners on The Flash has bugged me since the first one was captured. Who is feeding them? Do they even have toilets? Do they ever get new clothes? Exercise? I don’t care if they’re saving the city, they’re all going to go to jail for mistreatment of their prisoners. XD

50. Marco says:

19. It’s been doing it since the beginning. And yes, Paige is unnecessary.
    22. I think it’s going to be Michaela.