Was Arrow Too Speedy? Will Jane Off an Ex? Is CBS Spoiling Twists? Was Empire Tune Flat? And More TV Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Glee, Sleepy Hollow, Parks and Recreation and Arrow!

1 | Between Fleshlight jokes and monologues about scissoring, is Glee going out of its way to push the envelope in its final season?

2 | Wouldn’t it be better if Revenge‘s Ben was one of Malcolm Black’s double agents? At least then he’d have a purpose, right?

3 | Can HBO please give us the toxically hilarious Girls spinoff we never knew we needed — focusing solely on Andrew Rannells’ Elijah attending college undergrad house parties?Sleepy Hollow

4 | Regarding Ichabod’s revolution-era wife on Sleepy Hollow in modern garb, TVLine reader herman1959 asks: “How in the world did Katrina know how to walk in those shoes?” And how was it that no one but Ichabod and Katrina noticed the supernatural changes to the devilish painting? If not the attendees, what about the cops who were investigating the body hanging from the ceiling just mere feet away?

5 | Was the Jane the Virgin narrator hinting that Michael’s days are numbered when he declared that Jane’s ex never forgot that they belonged together “for as long as [he] lived — until he drew his very last breath”?!

6 | Did The Bachelor‘s wardrobe department dig up the “Stay Classy” T-shirt to complement Jillian’s barely existent shorts. Or does the muscle-bound TV producer have a more refined sense of irony than we’d initially suspected?

7 | Was it a relief when The Fosters‘ Brandon put the brakes on his relationship with Callie? And how heartbreaking was Kerr Smith when he found out Sophia had tried to kill herself?

8 | Could Lindy’s Eye Candy stalker be her roommate? She did say the first time she saw Lindy, she just had to know her.Castle

9 | Did Castle‘s murder vic this week ‎almost look happy to be dead?

10 | How could The Flash deprive us of having Dominic Purcell say to Wentworth Miller during that final sequence, “What, are you planning some sort of prison break”?

11 | Is Supernatural‘s Crowley looking foolish for falling for his mother’s lies, or is Rowena just that good?

12 | Which of Parks and Recreation‘s 2017 predictions is more intriguing: the Morgan Freeman/Shailene Woodley feud, or the way Game of Thrones is ending? And until Leslie and Ron made nice, were you feeling a bit detached from this final-season storyline?

13 | Was the “Butts Up” portion of Switched at Birth‘s dorm triathlon kind of disturbing?

14 | Did Cougar Town’s Andy make the right choice picking Grayson as his new BFF? (We would have totally gone with Marty, played by Undateable’s Ron Funches.)

Arrow15 | On Arrow, how not-so-far-away is the League’s “sacred site” that Malcolm seemed to travel there and back in a matter of a day? (What, did Barry Allen carry him there?)

16 | On Empire, were you shocked by Rhonda’s response to Andre’s infidelity — or was it the exact brand of wrong you were expecting? Which scene did you rewind/rewatch most: Cookie saying Grace, or giving the definition of “debutante”? And was one of the show’s rare miscues the “important” but rather “blah” song of Puma’s that Jamal sang in front of Lucious?

17 | TVLine reader Katie tweets: “Was this week’s Criminal Minds episode irresponsible, given existing theories that ER docs don’t try as hard on organ donors?”

18 | Is it possible that The Haves and the Have Nots packed more schlong references into this week’s episode than a typical 2 Broke Girls?

19 | Why would American Horror Story: Freak Show’s Edward Mordrake bother stabbing Elsa if he wasn’t going to add her to his ghost gang?

20 | Doesn’t Paula Abdul’s new gig as  So You Think You Can Dance judge make waaaaay more sense than all those years she sat on the American Idol panel?

21 | Where were all the doctors and nurses at the end of Vampire Diaries? Medical care sucks at Duke, yes? Also, Enzo, why are you soooo obsessed with Stefan?

Mom Alvin Dies22 | Having now telegraphed the Mom twist as well as that weeks-ago NCIS funeral, has CBS’ promo department become as spoiler-prone as NBC’s? (Should we be thankful that they kept Elementary‘s big surprise — Joan’s new boss is [spoiler]! — under wraps?)

23 | Did Backstrom’s repeated difficulty in lighting his cigar come across to you as “Standards & Practice’s doesn’t want him actually smoking it”?

24 | Has Parenthood’s Adam Braverman found his calling as a chef of French cuisine? (That soufflé looked delish!) And was Kristina wrong to confront Jasmine about making Adam reconsider sticking with the Luncheonette?

25 | We know Aisha Tyler already has a bunch of gigs, but we’re lobbying for one more: After her showing in Thursday’s @midnight, can she somehow become a permanent part of the show?

1. Tran says:

#22 – spoilers give CBS a bad name

2. Rook says:

8 – If it is her roommate she has to be working with someone, I don’t she her being able to take down Ben. Plus the black hooded figure looked taller than her.

3. Drew says:

4. High heels existed in the 1700’s. I’d think that those would be the least of her issues (You’re putting hot wax where?!)

• Angela says:

That’s what I’d thought, too. I don’t know how long exactly high heels have been around, but I’d thought they were around in her day for sure.

• Drew says:

There is even a chance that the shoes today would be more comfortable.

• Angela says:

Ha. I have no doubt about that (yeah, seeing the 1700s flashbacks makes me rather happy to be living in this time period-the clothing back then would’ve driven me bonkers).

• herman1959 says:

Nope, because the actual bottom of the heal of contemporary heels are much narrower than those of the 1800s, thus the “tottering” effect that Katrina should have been new to.

• Isobel says:

Catherine Medici wore heels on her wedding day to look taller, so yeah Katrina could have worn heels before

4. Luis says:

15. Little known fact about Malcolm Merlyn – he has the TARDIS on speed dial. Ultimate Uber.

5. Luis says:

24. How many different careers can Adam Braverman have in six years, and why the hell couldn’t sportscaster be one of them?

6. dude says:

#5 – That is what I felt they were implying as well (I’m assuming during the Sin Rostro episode) which makes me really sad seeing as Michael is a much more interesting romantic prospect for Jane than Rafael is. I feel like they’re pulling a HIMYM and just ignoring the chemistry in favour of their original plan.

7. Television says:

2. Revenge is good and continues to entertain.
    13. I kept thinking, hope they don’t miss when they throw the ball as they are in a weird position.
    14. I can’t stand Cougar town without Bobby. And why did they go the baby route when Andy has a kid and no one ever sees it.
    15. I think Malcolm has a jet.
    24. Adam is good as a chef. Can’t stand how violent Jasmine is when she yells.

• jj says:

14. I think when they went the baby route the show wasn’t picked up yet for another season so the episode had some closure so it would work as a series finale. I agree you can definitely feel the lack of bobby on the show but I loved his send off last week. Plus I think its adorable that Bobby has travis and dog travis (haha whatever happened to him!) and now Travis has bobby and baby bobby

8. MWBD says:

#5-it would be nuts to kill Michael…that is the main obstacle between Jane and Rafael…but I can’t say that I would be surprised if they killed him, only 10 episodes in and the show is excellent with the surprise effect

9. Kim R says:

24. Adam Braverman is great with the kids and should be a permanent part of the school faculty, perhaps in the kitchen. If I was Kristina, I would have brought it up to Jasmine. I don’t know if it would be right or wrong but I think I would have, simply to protect my family’s interests and not wanting to go under when there was a chance for all to get out, including Crosby.

• Robbie says:

Kristina had every right to bring it up, but did she seriously have to make faces at Jasmine at the hospital before inevitably blowing up and turning the conversation into a screaming match? Good heavens, she is so immature. If she wants to protect her family’s interests, she needs to grow the hell up and talk to people like an adult.

10. Letti says:

2. Great idea. He is so boring, maybe this would have helped his character. And it would have revealed why he was so nosy about everything.
    21. Enzo is like that, because the writers fell for him and want to keep him around, but unfortunately they don’t know how.

• Isobel says:

Maybe Enzo is secretly in love with Stefan, apparently they’re going to write in a relationship with Enzo and the girl at Duke’s

11. 17 – The writers have a bad reputation of making ER doctors and medical examiners not exactly the sharpest tools in the proverbial shed. The ME had a short bit, but I noticed the ER doc too. I figured in real life that organ donors would take top priority if someone came earlier that was dying and the donor just happened to be a match to said dying person. But that’s just me. So they did seem irresponsible this week.

12. Viv says:

17. Interesting question, because over here we have a rather large discussion at the moment about organ donation fraud after a few cases. I didn´t think about it during the episode… I don´t know about “irresponsible”, but yeah. Interesting question.

13. Daisy says:

5. That’s was my takeaway. Poor Michael.

14. Bwhit says:

7) It was pretty good to see Brandon tell Callie she only comes to him when there is something wrong but I don’t think we have seen the last of them like this. I also think Robert Quinn is good guy and instead of running (like it teases next week) Callie needs to get to know him.

15. Tom says:

~
    SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE DID!
    ~
    ~
    If he outlives me, I want Ron Funches at my funeral. He’d make it funny.
    ~
    ~
    She makes everything awesome. EVERYTHING.

16. Remy says:

21. The better question is why haven’t Enzo & Damon been in any scenes together since Damon came back. Enzo is the only one who never gave up teying to get Damon back & considers Damon his best friend. Yet, they’ve spent no time together since he came back.

• Isobel says:

Agree they seem to be trying to write Enzo and Stefan scenes maybe because outside of getting together with Caroline Stefan isn’t doing anything

17. Et al says:

22. Fortunately I haven’t seen a commercial in years, but spoilers the after-episode promos do annoy me greatly.

18. Angela says:

# 1: *Shrugs* I dunno, it doesn’t seem all that different or shocking to me.
    # 4: I don’t think it’s all that weird that a woman would know how to walk in heels, even if she’s from another century. They’re not THAT complicated of footwear to figure out. I would like to know more about how she’s acquired her modern wardrobe, though. As for the supernatural aspect of the paintings-maybe only Ichabod and Katrina were privy to that information? There’s a lot of weird stuff that happens on this show that they see but none of the other citizens seem to notice, after all.
    # 17: That honestly never crossed my mind during the episode. I really don’t think the show was thinking about theories like that when they came up with the case-I think they just wanted something that sounded creepy. If anything, I’d think people who work at the DMV would’ve had more of a reaction to the episode-they already have enough jokes and snide remarks made about them as it is, this didn’t really help in that regard!

19. SonOfCoul says:

#15 — Maseo made it somewhat clear during his instructions to Oliver in “The Climb”. He said “You have 12 hours to get your affairs in order, and by the 13th Hour, be at this location” So, the mountain must have been fairly close to Starling City….The League of Assassins probably has these places all over the world. I guess it was a strange writing choice, though.

20. Ray says:

All the music on Empire is terrible. There hasn’t been one good song.

21. Jane says:

#11 – She is really making Crowley and all of his minions look stupid. I can’t stand Rowena and the actress overacts so bad that she has made her more a cartoon than anyone you believe could deceive Crowley. I really want her gone soon.

22. #5 That’s what I assumed they were going for. Actually, I thought they were making it obvious enough that my guess is it’s a fakeout.

23. sarah j says:

10)That would have been great.
    15)I said the exact same thing!
    24)I was not impressed when Kristina confronted Jasmine.

• sarah j says:

Oh and 21)Yes Enzo is way to obsessed with Stefan. Also how on earth were there no doctors at the hospital when the patient called out for help.

• Heidi says:

I really thought they would say that #10. Or look at the camera and say, “I know you want me to say it.”

24. Jody says:

#10-I was thinking the same thing, how could they not give a nod to Prison Break.

25. IMHO says:

11. The whole storyline with Rowena & Crowley seems unbelievable to me. Crowely is smarter than that.
    19. I just assumed Mordrake wanted to put this Season of AHS out of it’s misery.

26. Sheila says:

#25: No. There have been far, far funnier people on there.

27. Al says:

19) It was great. The exact opposite of Coven where Fiona ended up in her personal hell. For freaks, death was some sort of redemption. Ryan Murphy is genius.

28. lkh says:

9. many of us have been assumed that same repose for some of the Castle episodes this season.
    23. not just for the cigars, but for a whole bunch of other reasons too.

29. Nicole says:

I have one… Is anyone else disappointed that Lindsay gave up so easily at her new job? We all knew she wouldn’t stay long but two episodes seems a little quick. Where was the fighter we all know and love?

30. knd says:

Kristina was completely right. Jasmine had no right to interfere and speak to Adam.

• Christy says:

Totally agree!

• Ben says:

Why is it okay for Kristina to speak up for her family’s best interests, but it’s not okay for Jasmine to do the same? Jasmine didn’t ask Adam to stay in business with Crosby – she asked him to think about it from another perspective before making a final decision. How is that wrong?

31. Maryann says:

I am right there with you n the Arrow question. Why would a “sacred site” be near Starling City? And if it is in Asia how did everyone travel so quickly? I noticed at the beginning of the fight and I am still wondering.

32. 15- I think it must be close to Starling. Didn’t Oliver only have 12 hours to go home, settle his affairs, and climb the mountain to fight Ras? The whole timeline was ridiculous.

33. gdv says:

12. One more important Parks and Rec question: Which “We Didn’t Start the Fire” parody will you remember most? Leslie’s version, or Dwight’s version from The Office? (“Ryan started the fi-re!”) And should we expect an equally memorable Billy Joel parody on the next Greg Daniels/Michael Schur show?

34. kt says:

hey! that’s me at #17. Thanks for the love, tvline! I love all of ya’ll!

35. oluwa KEREV says:

NO 5: I thought it was just me that felt Michael’s days are numbered, he can die for all I care. NO 2: I hope so, that guy is sooo annoying. NO 14: really? Do people still watch that sad sad show?. NO 15: lol, I was so disappointed in that scene, like he suited up, got there, took the very still bloody sword & came back in no time. Felicity didn’t even change her cloth or stop by her day job, smh. NO 16: yes?!!! What type of hopeless song is that, sad stuff. NO 21: I give up on tvd, that guy was crawling, in so much pain & yet the 4 nurses (we saw when candice was with d doc) didn’t show up for some reason, bathroom break perhaps.

36. Sad Panda says:

Yes! More @midnight stuff! More Aisha!

37. Christy says:

24 – Kristina had every right to tell Jasmine what she thought when Jasmine kept bringing it up. Jasmine was the one in the wrong, going to Adam behind Crosby’s and Kristina’s backs. Adam is always expected to clean up after the other Bravermans’ messes and Kristina is the only one who always backs him up. It was nice when Zeek and Millie supported him when he said he wanted to let The Luncheonette go even if it wasn’t exactly for the right reason, saying Crosby was now mature enough to handle it rather than telling Adam to do what he wanted/needed to do for himself and his family.

Love this show and so sad it’s ending!

38. Briggs says:

9. Castle murder victims have always been a bit glam when female. Remember the blue-haired singer from the second season? Or how about Red Riding Hood and Snow White from season 4?

10. Too cheesy, even for the epic geekness that is The Flash.

15. Others may have mentioned how Oliver was told he had 12 hours to get his affairs in order and meet the League at designated spot. 12 hours there, 12 hours back, kinda a short trip compared to the trip he took to have Thea murder Sara…

20. Not watching the show, but in Paula’s defense, it’s not like she wasn’t both a singer *and* dancer in her hey-day…