Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Castle, S.H.I.E.L.D., Grey's, Arrow, Revenge, The Originals, HTGAWM and More!

Agents of SHIELD Skye Ward

Has a S.H.I.E.L.D. romance been shot down for good? Why should Grey’s fans liquor up? Will Castle leave you hanging? Which Arrow pairing has been postponed? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fans needs some SkyeWard hope after a certain shot(s) heard round the world in the winter finale. Got anything on their future? –Brooke
It would seem that any last shred of affection ‘tween the two took its hits as well. As Brett Dalton tells me, “Ward had a hell of a time in the cage by himself for six months, he had some suicidal tendencies, and once he comes to the end of wrestling with all of his demons, he makes a promise – to reunite Skye with her dad. And that went on for 10 episodes. But her shooting me three times kind of answers the question of, ‘Are you into this? Is this gonna work?’ It was a big statement for her to make. Things can never be the same.” That said, Dalton hinted at a “new chapter” ahead for his character.

What’s next for Grey’s Anatomy‘s Meredith/Derek after the way they left things in the fall finale? –Samantha
I have no idea — repeat, no idea—if the following relates at all to MerDer, but Jessica Capshaw and Camilla Luddington has a blast teasing for me the back half of Season 11. I can’t possibly do the beauties’ banter justice, so here’s a transcript:
JC | There’s such huge stuff coming! And it’s so top-secret we can’t even tell you who it involves.
CL | I’ve been advising wine and tissues.
JC | See, I’ve been advising tequila, but only the good stuff. I have also been saying – and I might need to patent this idea — that you need to get an iPhone-like cover for your flat-screen TV, because you’re going to be throwing stuff.
CL | At the table read, people were crying….. There’s no relaxing. There’s no calm before the storm. It’s just storm. All storm, all the time.
JC | And [Camilla]’s been in her underwear more than all of the past year.
CL | A lot of underwear. A lot of nudity. Seriously.
JC | And remember when I was there while you were in your underwear…?
CL | Teasey!

At that point I got faint, dropped my tape recorder.

Ratings be damned, I’m loving Revenge more than ever. Have anything for the faitfhul fans? –Deb
“There’s something hugely big for Nolan that we’re literally on the precipice of,” Gabriel Mann reveals. “I think it changes the course of Season 4 for him.” Mann hints that it might have something to do with a certain new houseguest, as his character is “going to delve into Louise’s world and see all the baggage she brings with her.” As for Nolan’s love life (or lack thereof) this season, Mann hints at a major turn of the tide: “This season, I thought Nolan needed to take a little bit of a break … but [his love life] is not going to be dry for a whole lot longer.”

Is there anything Castle-related you have to share? –Mandy
I know we kinda swore off teasing the upcoming two-parter any further — especially now that this spoilery cat is out of the bag, sigh — but I could not abstain from relaying what Tamala Jones had to say about the February sweeps event. “You’ve never seen a Castle episode like these. It’s completely outrageous,” she effused. “You’re going to cry, you’re going to think someone died…. Your mind and your heart are going to be one.” Jones went on to say that Part 1 ends with a cliffhanger that will leave you “pissed that Part 2 isn’t coming on the next day,” while the actual conclusion is “emotionally driven” with regards to, among others, Lanie’s best friend, Kate. “There’s some serious, serious ish going on!”

I saw on Twitter that TVLine visited the Jane the Virgin set. What scoop did you get? –Meaghan
File this under muy curious: The freshman hit’s beloved narrator “is definitely connected to the narrative, and at a certain point in the show, I would plan to reveal who it is, but not now,” executive producer Jennie Urman shared. As for one fan theory floating around the interwebs about his identity — he’s Sin Rostro! — “Who knows? I like it,” the EP replied with a laugh. “It’s a funny theory.”

Do you have any VIOLA DAVISScandal or How to Get Away With Murder scoop for us? –Colleen
Scandal‘s Jon Tenney told me that POTUS won’t take kindly to his veep’s “ballsy” move against Olivia (“You don’t mess with Fitz’s lady!”), while Andrew cheating on Mellie with LizzieBear will be dealt with as well (“There’s a lot to be explored there, which I think people will enjoy”). As for Murder, Alfred Enoch says that Wes and Annalise will be “bound ever closer by the secret that they share,” adding: “The writers find new and genius ways to put a lot of strange things in our relationship.”

Every new Originals spoiler seems to be about the baby or Klaus or Hayley’s werewolves. What about Elijah? –Anna
Elijah’s got a new enemy when the series returns Monday — and by “new,” we mean old. Very old. “There’s going to be a little conflict between Elijah and Klaus,” executive producer Julie Plec says. “The brothers are at their best when they’re working together, and they’re also at their best when they’re on opposite sides of the fight. The beauty of their dynamic is that you enjoy them just as much when they’re bickering as you do when they’re side-by-side. There will be questions of what’s best for the family. For Klaus, it’s always going to be about Hope, but for Elijah, he has an obligation to the entire family. It’ll put them at odds over the course of the rest of the year.”

Now that The CW has seen how successful the crossover between Arrow/Flash was, is there any chance they would consider doing something like that with The Originals/The Vampire Diaries? –Emmy
I hand-delivered your Q to CW president Mark Pedowitz, and he’s game only if the sister series’ producers are. “For me, when you’re doing crossovers, they have to have a level of organic basis; otherwise they feel forced and the audience recognizes it,” he said. “So it’s up to them. If they think it’s the right way to go, I’m fine.”

Is there a chanceVINNIE JONES, TIMOTHY OMUNDSON, JOHN WALTERS, MALLORY JANSEN that Galavant will be renewed? – Craig
The ratings have been decent enough, and ABC threw a lot of support behind the show at the TCA press tour this week. And I’m more curious than ever about any Season 2, given that there is a “massive twist” in the season finale. Bonus scoop: Prepare to meet Richard and Gareth as 10-year-olds!

What’s going on with Haven? Is the fifth season the last season? –David
Syfy president Dave Howe told me this morning that the second half of Season 5 will premiere during Q3. As for anything beyond that, “It depends on how it does.” (Ain’t that always the case?)

Can you get some info on The Flash? Will Iris reciprocate the feelings Barry has for her? Will we see them get together this season (hopefully)? –Brenda
Noting that Barry’s midseason finale confession “really changed the world, and there’s no going back,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says the next few episodes back will be “dealing with the repercussions.” And Barry might just “deal” by moving on. “As he gets a new love interest in Linda Park (played by Malese Jow), Iris’ reaction to that is going to be interesting,” Kreisberg previews. “Certainly, there is no shortage of amazing women in Barry Allen’s life, including Caitlin and Felicity. Which girl actually gets to land him will be one of the surprises of the back half of the season.”

I read that there is going to be some interaction between Arrow‘s Felicity and Thea. Any idea how that will come about? –Emmy
You read that here in my column, in fact. But EP Marc Guggenheim tells TVLine that those scenes have since been “pushed off a bit” and will air later in the season. Still on the immediate horizon, however, is “Felicity having scenes with Laurel that are really terrific,” he shares. “As Felicity said in Episode 3 of this year, she didn’t even think they were friends, so it’s kind of fun to watch these two women who are so different from each other interact. Felicity’s got some words of wisdom to impart to Laurel, and has a perspective that is somewhat unique.”

Is Manu Bennett returning to Arrow in flashbacks, or for real? –D.L.
“Slade is definitely [resurfacing] in the present day,” showrunner Andrew Kreisberg affirms. And his disposition remains unchanged. “Not that he’s ever happy, but he’s particularly unhappy,” says the EP. “When he comes back, he’s out for blood.” Bonus scoop: Speaking of baddies, Vinnie Jones (who on Wednesday begins an arc as Danny “Brick” Brickwell) teased for me a fight scene in which a stunt woman jumped out a high window and grabbed a rope dangling from a helicopter above. Hmm, which character could that be?

Do you have scoop on the upcoming CBS series Supergirl? –lilslim
Only that casting for, among other roles, the lead remains ongoing. “There’s only one person [right for the role], that’s the thing. So you’re looking for that person,” EP Greg Berlanti explains. Is he leaning toward a familiar face or fresh one? “We have no preference,” he asserted.

Please, please tell me that Hersh will return to Person of Interest! –Nick
Hersh? His fate seemed pretty sealed in the Season 3 finale. That said, showrunner Jonah Nolan told me that over the winter/spring run, “We’re going to meet some new friends, and we’re going to revisit some old ones.”

Can you give me anything on The Messengers!? Love the premise and the cast, but I’m quite let down that The CW gave them the Friday night death slot. – Marko
I would venture to say The CW knows precisely what it is doing with that one. Sorry.

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line, email reporting by Andy Swift, Rebecca Iannucci and Vlada Gelman)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. K says:

So excited for the Castle 2 parter

• Libby says:

Me too. The waiting is driving me nuts!!!!

• Madison says:

Haven’t you heard? Women aren’t allowed to interact or be friends on Arrow. That show is so ridiculous with it’s lack of female representation.

I was hoping The Flash would be different and thankfully they aren’t going to disappoint me. The upcoming working relationship between Iris and Linda sounds promising! Yes Barry will be a factor but ultimately I can see a budding friendship between these two smart women.

Barry loves Iris that will never change so hopefully Linda not too invested. Where’s Wally? Lol.

• Josh says:

It is interesting that in three seasons, it’s very rare to see females interact with each other. Glad to see that changed. Not looking forward to Felicity once more being the voice of hope and reason. She’s beloved by fans, give her some complicated layers! She can’t always be the special butterfly who fills everyone’s heart with hope/lust/love.

• kath says:

Sara had some nice Blechdel scenes with Sin and Felicity, and eventually with Laurel last season but she’s dead now. Felicity had some good scenes with Caitlin when she crossed over. Laurel had Thea and Joanna in season but that was about the men.

• Jasper says:

I don’t think the women of Arrow have had real scenes. Just filler scenes nothing real. I couldn’t stand the scene between Felicity and Caitlin, because Caitlin says “it’s so good to have another woman around” such a stupid line. Do the male characters say stuff like that to each other? Of course not. It’s normal not surprising that female characters interact. And they had like one conversation nothing meaningful. It’s all about the propping the male characters.

I wish Caitlin would do more than be Barry’s nurse. I’m looking forward to her becoming Killer Frost and getting her own storyline.

Iris and Linda better be the awesome aspiring reporters I think they will be. I’m anticapating that storyline!!

• kath says:

I didn’t have a problem with Caitlin saying that because she’s the only woman in Star Labs, sharing it with Barry, Cisco, Wells and occasionally Joe. As a woman myself, it makes sense she would want another woman around in that vast sea of testosterone. A man surrounded by women would want another man to talk to.
            Likewise, Felicity told Sara that she liked having her, another woman, in the foundry. Now that Sara is gone, Felicity is alone with Oliver, Diggle and Roy except when Laurel comes in (and that’s a whole other debate).
            In the crossover eps and the beginning of The Climb, it’s referenced that Felicity and Cailtin talk to each other off screen.

• jbj says:

I don’t know, I’ve never noticed a female problem on Arrow. The main cast has been pretty even, gender-wise. I feel like there was some real stuff between Moira-Thea, Laurel-Thea, Laurel-Sarah, Felicity-her mom, and Sarah-Sin. Most of the regular and recurring women have been strong, and I’m talking about about Moira , Felicity, Shado, Sara, the Huntress, Lydia, McKenna…even the so-called “weaker” ones like Laurel, Thea and Summer Glau’s character had their moments. As cute as Stephen Smell is, I’m pretty sure I’d get bored quickly if the women on the show were as one dimensional or isolated as the original poster suggests.

• Jasper says:

Laurel/Thea interacted early season 1 and never really spoke after that. Laurel/Sara’s relationship was centred around Oliver and his disgusting relationship with the both of them. Moira, Shado and Sara were killed off for what purpose? To further Oliver’s man pain. Thea was basically used as a zombie to kill Sara, she had no free will, no agency in that storyline.

I love Felicity but aside from her episode with her mom, what else is her character about aside from Oliver. We have Mr 50 Shades Of Ray who just gave her the position at Palmer Tech with ulterior motives for his character. I like Ray btw.

No females are friends on that show. Whereas Oliver and Diggle are friends, Oliver and Tommy were friends, Oliver and Roy are friends. Oliver and Barry are genuinely allies and friends.

Which females are actual friends? Which females have deep conversations and go to bat for each other, reason and protect each other. I can’t think of any on going relationship like that on Arrow.

It’s sad! Writers are doing a terrible job on that front. It’s embarrassing at the TCA’s they had ONE female actress present on their panel.

• Holly says:

I’m so excited for The Flash. I love Westallen! Great spoilers.

• carbono says:

Oh yeah me too!! I’m kind of thinking of DVR both ep’s & then watching them back to back……ah who am I kidding I won’t be able to wait!!

• Rich Abey says:

Okay…that was fast. We went from the Castle 2 parter to ‘women issues’ on Arrow & The Flash in no time (time travel?). So are we going to see an Arrow/Flash/Castle crossover soon? Where Det. Kate Beckett drops by the Arrowcave to help their female characters to intermingle more with fellow female characters…and ends up joining the currently Oliver-less team to fight the baddies of Starling City?

2. Licia says:

Thanks for The Flash scoop! Love Westallen<3

3. Kel says:

Please tell me one of the “old friends” on POI is Zoe!

4. Tina says:

So excited for Grey’s to come back, only 14 days left. I love this interview from Jessica & Camilla lol

5. Shelley says:

Thank you for the info on Arrow and Castle.

6. wonderwall says:

Sad. I was SO looking forward to Thea and Felicity interactions

7. Are you saying The Messengers will work on Friday nights because its great or that Friday nights ‘death slot’is the best places for a show like The Messengers because its bad?

8. Susan says:

I’m beyond excited for the two-parter, but Tamala exaggerates everything, including her parts in an episode.

9. Angela says:

So, in other words, it’s likely going to get even creepier :p.

10. CGS says:

By “they know exactly what they’re doing. Sorry” … Does that mean the show is not as good as it looks, so you think The CW is doing the right thing by premiering it on Fridays, or that they are not necessarily trying to let it die just because they’re airing it on Fridays? Some clarification would be nice, just because I’m really intrigued by it. :)

11. Brandy says:

The Flash: I’m really excited to see Iris’s reaction to Linda & Barry dating (albeit briefly, ’cause we all know who gets Barry so to speak) because it’ll force her to confront & sort through her feelings for Barry & I’m all for seeing more of her POV. Also, I can’t wait to see Iris & Linda interacting as friends & coworkers at Picture News.

Arrow: The Black Canary arc is probably going to be the highlight of the season for me because it’ll give Laurel a chance to come into her own with a bit of guidance from Team Arrow.

12. Maryone says:

If Camilla Luddington on her underwear means more Jolex, then I can’t wait :)

13. Mark says:

If Haven has any chance of a renewal Syfy need to look at the time slot its been demoted to after four successful seasons to be lost before 8 on a Friday what the hell…. Give it its old slot back….

• Angie says:

IDK what’s going on but what the viewers don’t know is that Haven and lead in WWE Smackdown were originally set to air on Thurs. but Smackdown was delayed until Jan. That caused Haven to move up a slot at the last minute but it didn’t last long when it returned to Fri. this time at 7/6c plus Z Nation is in their former slot. Another problem is that the Haven writers keep rehashing the whole getting Audrey back from season 4 in addition to the traditional season finale/premiere where something bad happens to her. Anyway, I hope the mid season premiere is July instead of September cause they had more numbers in the summer than fall.

• Thanh says:

Haven’s original timeslot of 10pm on Fridays? Because that’s when it aired for me originally. In any case, I agree. Moving around Haven’s schedule so often, makes it confusing for viewers to follow the show.

14. Mike R. says:

Thank God, both Ward and “SkyeWard” (eww) are awful. Villain Ward or anti-hero Ward I can live with it, hopefully that is where his character is headed, but I could never see him and Skye together after all that’s happened.

• Dj says:

I was so happy when Skye put three in Wards back. I don’t want him and Skye together and I don’t want a Ward redemption story.

• S. says:

Yeah, cause that’s what heroes do–shoot people in the back. I lost all respect for Skye with that one. He had no weapon in his hands and he released her from her restraints and in return she shot him in the back. How wonderfully heroic.

Ward is bad, Ward is evil, blah blah blah. Shield is supposed to be better than the bad guys, and yet all I see is them acting exactly the same. Seriously, the only difference between Bobbi and Ward is the side they’re on. They act exactly the same. Heck, they both went undercover and betrayed and killed people, but because Shield is “good” it’s all right. Shield is “saving people”. Who exactly have they saved? I mean Hydra killed all those people at the Belgium safe house, bad; Bobbi kills all those people at the Hydra safe house, good.

I just think that if Shield is supposed to be the good guys it’s time they started acting like it. And they can start by NOT SHOOTING PEOPLE IN THE BACK!!!!

• Mike R. says:

Chill. Maybe what Skye did wasn’t right, but since she was just kidnapped by the guy a second time, I give her a pass on this one.

• Rob Watkins says:

What she did was absolutely in the right. Hydra is evil, so killing those people is warranted. Does it really matter if they are shot in the back or in the head or in the stomach? Do you really not see the difference between SHIELD and Hydra? Hydra’s goal was to wipe out millions of people, but you’re equivocating a shot in the back with mass murder?

• gts says:

SHIELD seems to be the kind if people who prefer to capture, not just kill everyone.

• S. says:

No, I really don’t see the difference when both sides act the same exact way and employ the exact same tactics. Bobbi has acted and done the exact same thing as Ward, and she’s praised for it. Hydra wants to kill millions okay, while Shield wants to kill all the thousands of Hydra, including all those innocent people who are being blackmailed into working for Hydra. Shield isn’t even trying to help those people, they get shot and killed as easily as the people in charge.

And yes, I am “equivocating a shot in the back with mass murder” because both are bad and horrible things done by people of no conscience. They are done by people who only care about the results and wish to cause horrible pain to others. You shoot one guy in back here, the next day you’re blowing up a building because it’s Hydra’s and not caring who is inside. You end up justifying your own horrible actions because you tell yourself you’re the good guy and they’re the bad guy.

If Shield is to really be better that Hydra, then I want them to act like it. I want more from them than “we’re not Hydra so we are the good guys.” I want them to act and behave to a higher standard than Hydra and I am not seeing them do it. I am seeing them resort to acting just like Hydra and justifying those actions as for the greater good when they really just benefit Shield. I am seeing one of those so called heroes shoot an unarmed man in the back and leaving him bleeding to death on the floor. I am seeing people get upset over Skye’s kidnapping and not care that SHIELD kidnapped a U.S. General for their own purposes and reasons.

It’s not about what Ward has or has not done. It’s about Skye’s actions, Skye’s behavior. It’s about Shield behaving just as ruthlessly as Hydra and not being called on it. We’ll, I’m calling it.

• Rob Watkins says:

Shield isn’t trying to murder innocent people, that’s a huge difference. When Bobbi was trying to get out of Hydra HQ, her and Gemma’s life are what matters. It’s sad what happened to the innocent people, but Bobbi is protecting her life, Hydra is the one that shoulder’s the blame for putting those people in harm’s way. When you can’t distinguish between innocent and enemy in a situation like that, your life takes precedent and they are fair game.

Sky shot him in the back because Ward is a threat and as has been pointed out, he has killed many armed operatives. if shooting him in the back is the best way to take him out and keep herself safe. Since when has Ward being unarmed kept him from being dangerous? Unarmed doesn’t mean innocent and not a danger. Shooting in the back is nowhere even close to mass murder. Hydra wants to rule the world, Shield protects it. I find your views on war to be rather naïve and dogmatic.

• TPChicken says:

Ward can take down anywhere from 5-20 people BY HIMSELF. If I’m Skye and I see a moment to take out Ward because he’s shown he kills people, I’m taking it, I don’t care where he’s looking. Ward wanted to be Skye’s protector like the beginning of their relationship, and Skye showed him she doesn’t need any protection. Five for you Skye!

• Christina says:

Didn’t she even say something like that? “Never turn your back on the enemy,” or something to that effect? I totally support Skye on this. He deserved it.

• sam says:

if im honest the only reason skye was in that bad situation was because of ward ..he practically kidnapped when he wasnt supposed too. weirdly enough i do like ward but he becoming pretty unpredictable and untrustworthy if i was skye i probably would of shot him

• John NYC says:

Had I been Skye, in this age of body armor, I would have put two into his head as I walked by. Obviously not practical for storyline reasons on the show….

• Christina says:

That was by far one of the best moments in that episode. I was so glad they went there! It was such a realistic thing to do to a guy that tried to murder your friends.

• Tai says:

Agreed. SkyeWard creeps me out. I don’t see them ever having a functional relationship after everything that’s happened. That being said, Ward is more interesting this season. I’m looking forward to seeing what direction they’re going to take him in.

• yes, the idea of SkyeWard creeps me out too. Thank god the writers put the last nail on the coffin in any little idea of these two, after Skye shot him four times, without even blink lol It was a glorious moment! Ward is a villain that betray the team in the worst away possible, and killed several people withou even showing any remorse. He of course should be treat like a villain and a enemy, because he is! Any possible redemption arc for him at this point is off the table. The writers are taking a very interesting direction! Can’t wait for the return!

15. Hamish says:

Gareth on Galavant just cracks me up. OK, OK, the whole show does. Looking forward to seeing Weird Al this week.

16. Spoilers about both The Flash AND Arrow? It’s my lucky day! I really can’t wait for Linda Park to show up just because I want to see Iris just a little bit jealous. I have a feeling she’ll be torn between wanting to be harry for them and relieved that Barry’s moving on, but then also …. not at all happy or relieved? The confusion will be delicious.

As for Arrow: I’m disappointed that we have to wait for Felicity & Thea interaction, but I’m sure Felicity & Laurel scenes will make up for it. Either way, I’m here for lady friendships!

17. “There’s only one person [right for the role], that’s the thing. So you’re looking for that person,”

Well, there’s going to have to be at least two, one for this TV show and one for the movies. I’m sure the Man of Steel movies will eventually explore what happened to Kara after her ship crashed on Earth. Deborah Snyder has hinted as much. So, CBS before find the actress they think is the “only one” that can play the role before WB snatches her from them.

18. Debra says:

I think it is disgusting that they took two actors with chemistry like Brett Dalton and Chloe Bennet have to use for their Hydra storyline and blow it apart all for useless angst and drama. They paired May and Ward at about the same time last season and it didn’t work because of a lack of chemistry between Brett and Ming Na. How is it supposed to be different this year even though it is a different character, the same actress is playing her. It makes no sense to this fan at all but to each his own.

• Rob Watkins says:

There wasn’t a lack of chemistry, it was just sex, it wasn’t a relationship.

• Debra says:

I am talking about scenes between them where there was no sex. There wasn’t any sexual tension between before, during or after their little ‘teammates with benefits deal’.

• Rob Watkins says:

Because there was no need for tension, at least not on May’s part, it was just sex to her.

• Debra says:

I just have an issue with revisiting something that didn’t work a year because of a lack of chemistry between the actors even if one of them is playing a different character and it might be more of a romantic storyline than the one from the year before. But then again, I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours.

• Becca says:

It also didn’t work because Ward was rapey towards May. The man is a pig.

19. Dee says:

Thanks for the scoop ! I’m a little bummed about Ward and Skye. I aleays liked their chemistry. I find his character more interesting this season and with Skye’s transformation, I think there could have been some intriguing dynamics.

• Amanda says:

Agreed. I think there’s a missed opportunity to have them play off each other. Not that they have to be all love-dovey, but they have chemistry and seeing them interact was a highlight for me. I guess that’s over. Probably not hanging out with the man who betrayed your friends, kidnaped you, or the woman who shot you in the back. :(

20. Michelle says:

I wish Elijah had his own storyline. That spoiler all ties back to Klaus and the baby, and pretty much tells us what we already know. He had a storyline with Gia for like three seconds before he got all Esther kidnapped and now he’s just babysitter.

• fantasyink says:

His deteriorating sanity is his storyline atm. It’s also what is creating the conflict between him and Klaus. We have no clue where Hope will be for the next few episodes, but Elijah won’t be at the safe house after episode 10 so he won’t be babysitting anyone. Gia hasn’t even been around for him to have a storyline with. She’s not in the show as much as I thought she would be and her character has a lot of potential.

21. Lisa says:

I think Iris is in love with Barry and will realize that when Barry starts dating Linda Park. I love Westallen so I’m really hoping this happens.

22. Letti says:

When they talk about Elijah’s entire family, does it also mean his brothers, who he doesn’t care about ? :P

23. Surfsurf says:

I’m not really understand the Supergirl casting scoop. Is the answer suggest that they already cast other roles except for Supergirl herself or they still casting for every other roles? Anyone help me elaborate this one please

24. lame says:

The last time Lanie and Kate had a girl conv, Tamala gave the impression it was a lengthy BBF discussion. It lasted all of two, I’ll wait for the episode.

• kath says:

They’ve pretty much pushed Lanie off to the side these last few seasons, haven’t they? I miss the Kate/Lanie friendship.

• Cindy says:

Yea, me too, I miss their friendship. Hope Lani isn’t being fazed out, since she and Espo aren’t ‘together’. I don’t mind Perlmutter around once in a while, so Castle can drive him crazy. i think the writers need to bring in someone who will make both Lani & Espo take a second look. Maybe if they see each other with other people, they will realize they really do love each other. So anyone know when the 2 parter will air?

• carbono says:

Well I hope they’re not fazing Lanie out however I could care less about her romance w/Espo. I don’t think that they have any chemistry what-so-ever & quite frankly I’m kind of hoping that they kill Espo off. Ok that might be a little harsh, I guess if they would just change his attitude towards Castle I can deal with him. These last few years Espo has been quite a prick towards him & they have never explained why.

25. Does The Flash producers/writers enjoy my pain? :( Ugh. I love WestAllen, but I respect Barry’s right to move on. But there better be some WestAllen angst/reconciliation to make up for all of this? Iris needs some time to think, that’s for sure. I’m interested to see where their dynamic takes them in the back half!!

26. Wright says:

Thank you for the Haven news, you are one of the few,very few who still bothers to ask about the show,it means a lot . Q3 is July/August/September right? Good to know they haven’t decided yet if they want the show to end or not , they better schedule 5B in better timeslot…

27. murley says:

Regardless of where they romanticly, I hope we continue to have interactions between Ward and Skye because I have found their scenes together this season enthralling. I am very intrigued in general about where Ward is coming from and what his arc will be. The scoop on Arrow and the flash sounds fun. Can’t wait for all these shows to come back!

28. tyranthraxus says:

I too miss Hersh. Of course we also like Shaw have never seen a body. Im guessing he is dead because .. and esp in the most recent episode he would have been the chief lacky for Control/Research.

Speaking of which, that episode rocked! Control is not Control anymore.

29. cdhaskell says:

We both know that Shield Romance isn’t dead and it will bring back Ward into one of the good guy side. I still hope that the series will be renewal for the third season.

30. Ian says:

Theres spolier pics already out of Barry and Iris kissing, so….

31. I don;t like the route that Person of Interest is on, I liked it without all that Samaritan CRAP. I try to watch it but am looking for other interest. It was great when it started but now it is lacking it can’t keep my interest. First we lost Carter, now we lose Shaw who’s next? So I will probably be gone for good. To bad it was a great show at first…

32. Matthew Weber says:

I’m terrified about the Castle two parter now. I’m already pissed about the cliff hanger and I haven’t seen it yet. “think someone has died?” that sounds heartbreaking.

33. Deborah Kaplan says:

I am looking forward to Haven coming back this season. I hope it comes back for a 6th season.
    I am so glad Maura is not there anymore. She was such a horrible person. Audrey is such a nice person. Emily Rose is a very good actress. It is probably not easy playing two people at the
    same time.

34. Cindy says:

I’m so curious, now, after reading how Tamala Jones describes the 2 parter. Just hope Pt.2 will follow the next week. How come it couldn’t be a 2 hour episode? Other shows do it.

35. jrex says:

Regarding a return by Slade/Deathstroke on Arrow, wasn’t he “cured” of the Mirakuru so now that he’s just another ordinary nutcase with a grudge against Oliver he shouldn’t be as much of a challenge for the Arrow should he?

• Rob Watkins says:

Slade is still highly skilled, and intelligent.

• kath says:

I’ve been re-watching s2 and it seems like Slade always had kind of a resentment about Oliver, even when they were “friends”, even before the writers suddenly decided he was in love with Shado.

• Luis says:

Slade was a mercenary and assassin before the Mirakuru, so he is still going to be pretty damn dangerous. I can’t wait to see how he escapes from the island prison

36. meg says:

the messagers is based on an argentine soupopera call “aliados”

37. lorna says:

So sick of louise. Revenge, you made a faux pas promoting her to cast member. Ugh.

38. V says:

Ooooo Iris “surprised” about her feelings. Girl we know you’re in love with him. Linda just had to be the one to give you that push to figure it out!

39. mike says:

Hey Matt, any scoop on Rizzoli & Isles. I’ll take anything you have. Thanks

40. lizo says:

SOOOO excited for the Felicity/Laurel scenes. We need to see some female friendships in this universe.

41. Nothing ever on the amazing ‘The 100’

42. Cass says:

Matt, can you please elaborate on what Q3 means? I’m looking forward to the return of Haven, but I have no clue what you mean by that.

43. anonymous says:

“Bonus scoop: Speaking of baddies, Vinnie Jones (who on Wednesday begins an arc as Danny “Brick” Brickwell) teased for me a fight scene in which a stunt woman jumped out a high window and grabbed a rope dangling from a helicopter above. Hmm, which character could that be?”

Is this referring to Laurel? Are we really supposed to believe that now Laurel is capable of jumping out of windows and catching ropes dangling from helicopters? That’s crazy. That kind of thing would be hard even for Oliver but Laurel with the not that much training so far can do it? Really?. I know that Laurel is supposed to become the Black Canary but right now it sounds like they are doing to much with her too fast. It’s completely asinine that anyone would think she’s the one who should take up the reins after in Oliver’s absence. Why would she think that? Like she’s ever done anything like he does before, like she’s even remotely ready. She’s got some over blown confidence in herself bordering on straight up arrogance. I mean really after a few months of moderate training, she’s thinks she’s ready to fill Oliver’s shoes? Not even. I mean she’s got to learn somehow I suppose but I definitely fear her get insta-Canary-ied. Which would be bad. She’s got a long way to go before I believe her as a superhero. Also after what it took to turn Oliver and Sara into superheroes and Laurel has possibly even further to go than they did, making her suddenly as skilled as they are after a few months training in the controlled environment of a gym with a normal trainer is disrespectful to their stories, especially Sara since it’s her mantle she’s taking up. She’s got to earn being a superhero not just have it handed to her like it’s no big deal.

• kath says:

They’ve written themselves into a hole with Laurel. It took Oliver and Sara 6 years to learn to fight, Roy has been doing it for over a year and still isn’t good, and Thea’s been training for 8 months and still isn’t ready. Even Felicity has been working with Diggle for two years.
      Add to that that Sara was the perfect Black Canary except for her name, and it will be kudos to the writers if they pull off a believable and sympathetic Laurel Canary.

• Rob Watkins says:

They haven’t written themselves into a hole. Becoming Black Canary doesn’t mean she won’t still be learning and growing. She’ll learn on the job, and the difference between her and Thea is Laurel already had a base in self defense.

Sara was great, but she wasn’t the perfect Black Canary, she was a much moodier character with a tortured past.

• kath says:

Whatever self-defense training Laurel had, it didn’t prevent her from getting kidnapped repeatedly or bashed by the guy she took a baseball bat to. Self defense is just that, kick a vulnerable portion of the attackers anatomy and run, not engage them in a fight.

Sara, who presumably had the same self-defense training, needed five years with the LoA to become who she was. After nine months of working with Oliver and Team Arrow on top of years of street fighting, Roy was still making mistakes and needing to be talked through things this season.

• Rob Watkins says:

I wrote that she had a BASE, meaning she wasn’t starting from square one like Thea. Laurel has been beaten before, but she’s also beaten up guys bigger than her. She’s not going to win every fight.

Sara was with the League for five years, that doesn’t mean her training took that long. Malcolm only trained for two (if I recall correctly) before he returned from Nanda Parbat.

Roy is still making mistakes, and so will Laurel. You are making it out like she’s going to be a perfect vigilante right off the bat.

• kath says:

Laurel has taken down two guys both of whom she took by surprise, one was a night club owner who was not used to fighting, and the other time she got taken herself right away.
            By any realistic standard, Laurel should remain the worst fighter on Team Arrow because she’s had the least experience and the least training, not to mention she has a day job that takes up most of her time. But in the comics, the Black Canary was a skilled martial artist and better fighter than Oliver Queen, and her fans aren’t going to want BC to stay the junior member of the Team. That’s the problem the writers have set for themselves.

• Rob Watkins says:

She was taken because the guy had a gun pointed at her face, not because she couldn’t fight. I’m well aware of who Black Canary is, but even on the show, Oliver was a better fighter than Sara. Even if Laurel is the worst fighter in the beginning, she’s not useless . Oliver also had a job as CEO, and Felicity has a job as I think a VP (not that she’s qualified to run a multinational), so it’s not like Laurel is alone in juggling vigilantism and a day job. They aren’t going by the comics, so who’s the best fighter isn’t always going to reflect that, plus it’s possible she could have a steep learning curve. Laurel isn’t learning from an amateur, she’s learning from Wildcat.

It just seems like you are super irritated that she’s joining the team and will reach for any rationalization to exclude her.

• kath says:

Oliver lost his CEO position when Ray Palmer took over QC and turned it into Palmer industries. Now all he and Diggle do is their Team Arrow work and train. Roy works part-time for Thea.
            Felicity isn’t running running a multinational, she’s a VP of special tech projects, something she is qualified to do.
            Just before Sara died, she told Oliver he needed to get codenames because the comms were easily hacked into, she just had herself and joined him to fight.

• Rob Watkins says:

Had, I was clear about my tenses. He had the job as CEO. Point being, he had a time demanding job while he was also a vigilante, in fact most comic book heroes do. I’m not sure what your point is regarding code names.

Getting back to learning curves, if you were right, then Oliver could never have defeated Slade Wilson. Slade had not only more training, he had more combat experience than Oliver.

• Briggs says:

Given that Lyla was *in* a helicopter in the season 2 finale, I’m willing to bet that’s her, as it makes the most sense. Or maybe I just want ARGUS to be featured in the next three eps, too…

44. Josh says:

There are SkyeWard fans? What’s wrong with people!

• lol i know right? the idea of SkyeWard creeps me out…it’s disgusting in all ways! It have a few of them, but thank god the biggest majority wants Skye very far away from this lunatic

• Josh says:

Right? It’s like “well he lied to her, nearly killed her friend, is manipulating her, murdered innocent people, kidnapped her multiple times….They’re meant to be!” I cheered when Skye shot him. It was terrific and a great moment for her character, not a moment’s hesitation or regret.

45. daphne says:

i just want to thank the american nation for ncis i love it to bits it has some violence but a lot of humour as well.

46. Maryann says:

I really like Ward and believe he is deserving of some level of redemption. What Skye did by shooting him in the back makes me like her far less. Is she seriously headed for the dark side?

• John NYC says:

Was she headed for the dark side she’d have put two shots in his head as she walked by. Like he did in the past numerous times.

47. Missy says:

Getting more and more excited for Castle’s two parter :)

And I’m happy to hear that Ward and Skye won’t be a thing, that whole coupling idea has been the only thing I’ve disliked about SHIELD to date

48. Daisy says:

When is ‘Longmire’ going to make it to Netflix?

49. SherryB says:

Can’t believe Galavant has decent ratings..Its the biggest waste of airtime. Watched half of the first show and that was 29 minutes to much..

50. Heather says:

Matt, just curious how you think season 7 of Castle is so far? Do you think once a series gets to its 7th season it’s about done, cause they’ve pretty much done it all. 7 seasons in today’s tv world is no joke. Or do you still see a future for this show and its characters? Great job BTW.