Orphan Black Season 3 Scoop: Male Clone Threat, Alison's Ex and More

Orphan Black Season 3 Spoilers

The clones are under attack from all sides on Season 3 of Orphan Black.

One of the biggest dangers comes from the newly introduced male clones, particularly the scary Rudy, AKA Scarface.

VIDEOS Orphan Black Season 3 Gets Premiere Date, Teaser Warning ‘This Is War’

“Rudy is a threat to the sisters,” co-creator John Fawcett revealed at a panel for the BBC America drama at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena on Saturday. “Rudy is a dangerous character who’s very, very smart and very ruthless. The guy’s seen some action. He’s a trained fighter.”

Added his portrayer Ari Millen: “He likes to get under people’s skin. He will just pick at you until you blow up, and then he’s won.”

That quality was on full display in a trailer screened at the session; during the preview, the captured Project Castor clone and Sarah have a tense confrontation.

“You’re a legend, Sarah Manning,” Rudy greets her before warning her that she’s trusting the wrong people by cooperating with Leda and proving just how much he knows about her life by bringing up Kira.

Meanwhile, James Frain (Grimm, Intruders) makes his debut in Episode 1 as Ferdinand, “a really amazing, scary guy that’s come in from Topside and is a very dangerous threat to our girls,” Fawcett previewed.

Read on for scoop about Alison’s ex, Felix and Cosima’s friendship, the season finale and more.

RELATED Orphan Black Adds Grimm, Lost Girl Vets and Others for Season 3

SNEAK PEEK | Some more highlights from the Season 3 teaser reel: Paul shares a scene with an imprisoned Helena; Cal gives Sarah a passionate kiss before telling her to go save her sister; a scorpion – eek – crawls on Helena; and a possible new female clone makes her debut.

BONDING TIME | Given the popularity of Felix and Alison’s dynamic duo, “We’ve taken that further in Season 3 in developing Felix’s relationship with the other clones, especially Cosima,” Fawcett revealed. As she spends quite a bit of time in Fee’s loft, “She just treats him like a friend,” talking about love and life, Gavaris described.

TROUBLE FOR TEAM HENDRIX | Justin Chatwin (Shameless) will play “an old high school flame of Alison’s and kind of gets in the way and causes issues between Donnie and Alison,” Fawcett teased.

INDEPENDENT GUY | When the series first premiered, Jordan Gavaris focused on making Felix brash, the actor shared. But given everything Sarah’s bro has been through the last two seasons – and the physical strain on Gavaris — “now is the right time to start showing” some of that wear and tear, he said. And while the story is still very much about Sarah’s journey, Felix is “starting to think for himself, asking his own questions. [We] see him a little bit more independent from everybody else.”

THE BIG FINISH | Fawcett called Season 3 “the hardest to write yet… It’s been challenging, that’s for sure.” But all the hard work pays off, because “there is some big things cooking for the season finale. The thing I’m most excited for is we have an incredible season end, and I think probably the best yet.”

1. B says:

Ah, can’t wait! I just hope they can keep a good balance and not veer too far away from the sestras, or keep them apart too much.

• Lizo says:

My thoughts exactly. At its core the show needs to be about the sestras; their lives, friendships with each other, etc. I fear the huge amount of casting they’ve done for this season.

2. Kat says:

Sounds good for the most part. Though I think I may be one of, like, 5 people who doesn’t like Cal. Good actor, character is so thinly written he might as well be actual cardboard. Hopefully they give him a personality this season beyond “Sarah’s boytoy who will do literally anything she asks with no or minimal protest and who doesn’t seem to have an actual opinion about any of the crazy things going on in his life because of her and who exists solely to be a babysitter when they need to stash Kira somewhere for plot reasons”. Cause MH is a really good actor, they could be using him so much better than they did last season.

• Ally Oop says:

I think, like most of the Orphan Black characters, there’s a lot more to Cal than what meets the eye. I’d like to see the writers delve deeper into his character, ad well as that of Mrs. S who still has sine major secrets of her own.

• Lizo says:

Cal is painfully dull. He doesn’t feel like he’s supposed to be there. I’m waiting for him to be killed off; what’s his purpose to the overall narrative? He feels like a one-off character….that just won’t leave.

3. lechatnoir says:

Argh! Naw we need a Fee Fee clone.He’s the best B-lister ever . Possibly his own spin-off . I’d watch the hale out of it.

4. Luli says:

Please tell me there will be more interactions between the clone club (Sarah and Cosima, Sarah and Allison, Allison and Cosima, the three of them, Helena and Sarah…). I think the show is at its best when we have clone interactions, I know it must be a lot of work for Tatiana, but I just love those scenes. One of my favorite scenes in the whole show is when they all dance in season 2.

5. Sheila says:

What physical strain on Gavaris? Do they mean having to be in so many scenes with multiple clones?

6. A says:

I hope we get some more information about Felix and Mrs. S this season, there must be something special about him, otherwise why would S adopt him.

7. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Well I can’t wait to see how this season ends since they say it’s a good one! Wonder how all this crazy sh*t is going to paly out this for the Clone Club!

8. Sara says:

Boy these girls can’t catch a break!

9. Meg says:

I hope Ari Millen can live up to Tatiana Maslaney’s acting skills. She is amazing!! How she has not won every acting award out there is beyond me. This show is so good!