People's Choice Awards 2015: Grey's, Big Bang Theory, Castle Win Big

People's Choice Awards 2015 winners

The year’s most people-friendly TV fare includes CastleThe Big Bang Theory and Grey’s Anatomy, per the 41st annual People’s Choice Awards, which aired Wednesday night.

Mom stars Allison Janney and Anna Faris emceed the annual fan-love fest, which awarded four accolades to Grey’s and three apiece to Big Bang and Castle.

New series OutlanderJane the Virgin and The Flash also received trophies for Favorite Cable Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show, Favorite New TV Comedy and Favorite New TV Drama, respectively.

Scroll down for a complete list of TV winners.

FAVORITE DAYTIME TV HOST

The Simpsons

FAVORITE NEW TV DRAMA

The Flash

1. Linda says:

“FAVORITE SCI-FI/FANTASY TV SHOW

Outlander”

You should probably add CABLE to that.

2. Crystal says:

You guys missed “Fav Character we miss the most”

3. BetiSA says:

what a horrible show, disorganized, poorly produced, confusing and boring.

• Linda says:

I agree. They waste most of the time and could def air more awards live.

• S. says:

It’s so obvious that an award is more likely to get shown on tv if it’s to a CBS show or performer. Right now it looks like Stana Katic and Castle won which I had to find out when someone tweeted a pic of her backstage with a couple of awards.

• S. says:

Literally just after I typed that and closed my browser window, a Twitter update showed me that Nathan Fillion won crime drama actor. Seriously, so many categories that are just gonna come dripping in for the rest of the night.

• BetiSA says:

I am so happy for Nathan, Stana and Castle, but it won’t change what I think about this award show.

• virginia says:

Agree A bunch of BS Could have showed more awards being given out.

• Alichat says:

Hmm……so you’re saying it’s a good thing I missed it??? Our local CBS station aired a college basketball game instead of the show. I was not impressed.

• Vickie B. says:

Yes, this was probably the worst awards show I’ve ever seen. Please show all of our favorites receiving their awards. I thought Castle had been snubbed until this morning when I read online that the awards were given backstage.

• I actually wish Castle was snubbed. It’s a travesty and the flipping show is rigged. There was no chance in Hostess (since we can’t curse but you should know what I mean) that Castle was going to get snubbed. Criminal Minds got snubbed, yet again. For as many years as it was against Castle. It’s been around longer and is way better. If they had shown Castle winning (for the millionth time) I would have been screaming way louder than after the Washington Capitals won, and not in happiness. I was better off with the Caps.

Shemar should have won. Change up the Crime Drama actor/ series tie in with the win. They always do it. Nathan wins, Castle wins. Change it up…

• John NYC says:

It’s a popular vote system, not necessary to “rig” just gin up their respective fan bases. Which is what the thing measures after all.

• S. says:

Snubbed? Sweetie it’s fan voted. You have fan bases voting as much as their little fingers can click for hours. Everybody’s got a chance to do that. Nathan wasn’t even on the ballot last year so so much for the ‘he always wins’ theory. Stana used to never make it on there and she’s got it what? Twice, I think? You’re just mad your show didn’t win. It’s not like the award is based on anything other than fan enthusiasm/quantity. Bad sportsmanship isn’t nice.

• lkh says:

The ‘rig’ is who CBS puts on the 2 hour fiasco, not who the fans vote for…very little control, at this point, over who the fans support and enjoy.

• Julie says:

It’s not because you don’t like a show that it is not a good show. You just don’t like it( and that’s your right)
          Please respect castle and all others, people work hard to make those shows. They won that’s all. Nothing was rigged
          And next time vote more for your show and favorite actor.

• j t canup says:

im with you

• Grey says:

I didn’t even watch it. It’s been that way for the last several years now. Last year’s show was the last straw for me. Your favorites win and either they don’t show them accepting their award or they do some stupid abbreviated version of a “thank you;” like having them say their “thank you” from their seats or as they’re introducing a musical act. ?!?!

I decided this year to just skip it and the frustration and look on YouTube for footage of my favorites. In years past they’ve even had the acceptance speeches that weren’t broadcasted during the show.

• Rob381 says:

My wife and I watched expecting a fantastic full course meal of our favorite stars and wound up with a horrible hash of bad jokes, bad performances and the usual yelling over the soundtrack (I know they could have managed the sound better: they do so at live sporting events on tv). It gave us both headaches from start to finish. It was the worst presentation of awards (those few they did award out of 60 or so categories) I’ve ever seen. Not watching it again after all these years. RIP

• Marge says:

I agree … They need to do away with the little skits. Castle won 2 awards and that was not even mentioned. This is an awards show not a show of comedy skits. I would like to see most of the awards & maybe some music and maybe a couple of skits. In the time that was used for all of the ridiculous skits it could have presented awards that were not shown. The two hosts were terrible. I like them in the show “mom” but they were terrible in this awards show and we were hearing the plug for their show. I hope they do not host next year.

4. maria says:

So happy for BBT!! But this show wasted SO much time on meaningless cr*p that they didn’t show the winners for several big awards. Next year I’ll skip it and just get the winners list online.

5. Guest says:

The PCA’s were terrible and disorganised. They did not show the most anticipated awards, clearly a waste of my time.

6. Jackie says:

Totally excited for Castle, Nathan Fillion, and Stana Katic…however this show stunk and if you wouldn’t waste people’s time with musical performances, skits, and meaningless drivel of presenters, perhaps I could have been totally elated and went to sleep smiling knowing my favorite show was showcased! If it’s on CBS next year I will NOT watch!

• Kat says:

Fully agree on that one. I did not need to see all the filler, I tuned in because I was very sure that Castle would win (lord knows I voted enough) and I wanted to see them get the award and then next thing I know the show is over and I had to hunt online just to see if they won! Epic fail and I am done watching unless it is overhauled big time. Its bad enough that if more than one category is won they just kinda hand that award to the person saying “Oh yeah u won this too”. And if a show wins AND the actor they have to go up with the show usually and dont get their moment in the spotlight alone (unless of course it is a CBS show!) I watch the awards show for AWARDS, not stupid jokes. So disappointed, I can’t get those 2 hours back!

• lkh says:

…and Stana is getting a lot of attention for her dress. Seems like a program that wins 3 out of 3 categories (crime drama, actor, actress) should at least get a nod. You’re right, it was a choice between the book I’m reading and the show..went out on a limb hoping Castle folks would be highlighted–yup, I’ll never get that time back.

• S. says:

Her dress was gorgeous. I was happy for her on that alone. It’s usually sketchy. Nathan tweeted a thank you to the folks working on Castle and the fans. Stana posted a video thanking us. The show may’ve been a hot mess, but at least they took home the awards. I tried watching this year for Allison Janney and couldn’t keep it up. Glanced up periodically and muted other times. Kaley Cuoco was getting on my nerves. Marveled at the sourpuss expression she had after Allison and Anna did that bit with the CBS actors. They cut back to the BBT folks and she just had epic ‘tude going on. Then she wins and…I dunno, it looked like she wasn’t prepared to get up and moved the armrest with her water bottle? Just weird.

7. Duo….Vampire Diaries…The CW…I DON’T think so…Caskett all the way!!

8. Kat says:

This show was a waste of my time. I was very happy early on to see Matt Bomer win, but I spent a ton of time voting for Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic and Castle. They SWEPT their catergory but CBS couldn’t bother to show it??? Yeah I am done with watching this show EVER. I will still vote for my shows to win because they deserve it, but from now on I won’t give them the ratings!

• Cath says:

I wonder if they handed awards to people who were actually there? If someone did not show up they did not hand out that award live?

• Maryann says:

There should be a way to limit votes to one per person per award. That would truly reflect what viewers prefer, and not just the superfans who sit there all day and do nothing but vote over and over.

9. Teri says:

Very proud of Stana Katic, NATHAN Fillion and Castle. Shame neither of them could be presented onstage. Castle Fandom is like no other. Bring on more seasons.

10. Guest says:

Really TBBT sucks…how can it be better than Game of Thrones & TWD
    And there’s no way Outlander is better than GoT..WTF is happening
    Beauty & the Beast! Really I have no words, who watches this c*ap!
    Don’t even get me started on Castle.

• Letti says:

I disagree with most winners. Are the rules the same as Teen’s Choice, that they choose from the 4 most-voted? Anyway I would have given awards for GoT, that’s sure. And Delena won AGAIN? Uggh they are so disgusting together, and they ruined TVD. But I guess the writers will push them forward anyway as “the epic love”. And how did BatB beat everything?

• Netty says:

Delena and BATB have a strong cult following and those fans are super loyal and will vote to the defend their fandoms to the death. I’m shocked by BATB, show is hanging on by its fingernails but Kristin Kreuk and the show have won 3 years in a row now.

• Fran says:

Yeah, Delena and Beauty and the Beast fans vote like crazy for things like this, they always have. Im not sure why, but they’ve always seemed to like doing it. I guiltily watch both shows but I can’t imagine voting either of them as the best of anything.

• John NYC says:

“Favorite” is a vote count, not “better”. And the viewership numbers for The Big Bang Theory are huge.

11. Netty says:

I’m loving that Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev won, I will always love DELENA. There’s not better duo out there

12. Jkl says:

Stana Katic is the most talented and under rated actress on tv. She looked stunning on the red carpet.

13. brandydanforth81 says:

My caves won-Kaley,BBT,Melissa,Melissa & Joey,Viola,PLL,BatB,Kristin,Jane the Vigin

14. JJM says:

Hahahaha, Jesse Spencer? Don’r you mean Jesse Williams?

15. Matthew Weber says:

I was really hoping that Castle would win Duo as well, but can’t be too greedy. Hopefully this spurs ABC to give both Nathan and Stana some money so we can get a season 8.

16. anne says:

ian and nina weren’t there to accept their award? I thought we’d get another awkward but sweet moment from them on stage just like last year.

17. Dan says:

This show really demonstrated that the majority of the people choosing…are $%@#ing morons.

18. lkh says:

Did anyone else feel like they were just watching a Walgreens commercial–it was even woven into the live show and I noted that the humanitarian award was a Walgreen’s project. Help me believe in …whatever.

19. Denise says:

Why hasn’t my favorite show CRIMINAL MINDS or it’s star THOMAS GIBSON, ever won. He’s done some of his best work on this show. And I don’t buy that BS about the show being too dark because there have been shows darker than CM.

• Grey says:

Not enough people/fans bothered to vote for them. This is a fan based awards show not one in which the winners are decided by their peers (i.e. Emmy’s) or by a select committee or group (i.e. Golden Globes). If if someone or soemthing didn’t win it’s because not enough viewers voted for it. Next year rally your fellow fans of the show and get them to vote! Every day, several times a day. That’s the way it works. For this particular award the only people the fans can blame if their favorite didn’t win are themselves.

20. Et al says:

Wow. There are some winners on that list that were definitely paid for. Lol.

• John NYC says:

Not really, it’s a straight up vote count and repeat voting is allowed (actually encouraged) so the measure is fan base size and fanaticism nothing more or less.

21. trainwreck says:

YASS for Grey’s Big Wins! 11 Seasons and Still Strong!

22. Jennifer Sampson says:

Spent a lot of time voting for Castle, Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion and would have loved seeing them get their award. But because of ell the stupid stunts that were done and the Wal-Green ads they didn’t get their time on stage. It was suppose to be the PCA not let’s not show any other actors from another station show. You gave a lot of time to the actors of the CBS shows than anyone. Very disappointed. Poor hosting, poor time management and very disrespectful to the people that picked the winners.

23. Cheryl says:

I don’t even bother watching this horrible award show anymore. I didn’t think this award show could get any more trashy and poorly done and off the mark with the way they handle choosing nominees and the voting for winners but seeing in disbelief that Beauty And The Beast won for favorite Sci fi/ Fantasy show and Misha Collins won for favorite Sci fi/ Fantasy actor. I was WRONG! The have sunk even lower

24. disonba3 says:

WHY??? didn’t Sons of Anarchy win something??? The whole time the show was running, no wins for anything, WHY??? The crew and actors are some of the very finest on TV and was the best show on FX!!!

• Grey says:

Once again:

25. CK says:

One category sums up my feelings for the People’s Choice Awards…. Favorite Sketch Comedy TV Show: SNL… Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against a popularity contest, but the PCAs just seem excessively skewed/rigged.

26. greysfan says:

Absolutely thrilled for Grey’s Anatomy and Castle wins for both the show and its leading duo’s. Its great to see Viola Davis win too. How To Get Away With Murder is amazing and she is brilliant in it. She could be the one to out gun and pull a surprise win on Sunday. Here’s hoping anyway.

27. j t canup says:

sorry but I was upset once again. why can you plan awards a little bit better? second year Stana was not shown receiving award, cant you show all the winners? I am a 74 year old who is upset when the awards I have been waiting for don’t even get one minute(the tv crime). I watch to see awards not the other stuff. don’t know if I will be with you next year or not.

28. whydoucare says:

Matt B yea, don’t see it. As for the rest, really do not care it is all getting pretty lame. Sad.

29. Did all 6 Beauty and the Beast viewers each vote 100,000 times?

• Lovely says:

That is why this show is ridiculous and cheapens fan based award systems. BATB for the past season alone has struggled to have 800 000 viewers/episode. And then now we are supposed to believe that BATB is the most popular of all the scifi dramas on TV. Ridiculous!
      I feel tv shows with a cult following will always win these fan based awards like BATB clearly & Castle. I may not be happy about TBBT winning but at least its consistent with the ratings, bcoz TBBT is the most watched show on TV anyway.

30. Maryann says:

So how many times each did the superfans vote?

31. Gerri says:

I enjoyed the some of the show. The Mom actress were not great hosts I FF through their filler moments. I get that only the people that showed got to go onstage, but I missed out on a bunch of categories not aired.
    BUT I have to question the whole thing when a) Adam Sandler won for comedic movie actor. His movies have been garbage for years. Who is voting for him???? b) Beauty and the Beast and Kristin Kreuk won? The ratings have been dismal so how does it get enough votes to win an award? and even though I do watch the show I would HARDLY call it the best sci fi show. And I like Castiel as much as the next person, but Really? He is in half the episodes and the brothers are heart of the show. How could Jensen or Jared not win??? I think it is because Misha is so heavy on social media.
    But Happy for Matt Bomer, Chris Evans, Betty White and Castle.

32. The Kaibosh says:

These “choice” awards never fail to amuse me. Favorite Network TV sci fi/fantasy show: Beauty and the Beast (as an example) OK: it got the most votes in that category. I think these awards organizers need to work on ways to improve their voting process because with a couple of exceptions its laughable to think that these winners represent what the “people” want.

33. Grey says:

Once again you gallery clip show is working for me.

34. Brigid says:

These are bad! Big Bang Theory and Greys Anatomy??? Seriously? The nominees and winners are laughable.

35. RMR says:

It was such a terrible show , but the two ladies made it even worse, wonder why their show is even considered a hit. It’s even more odd the nominees look surprise when they call their names if they know in far advance they are the winners! :(

• Grey says:

They probably looked surprised because it sounds like the show was sloppily produced and they probably didn’t know when or how their award would be presented if at all. The producers probably told them, “We don’t know when or if we’ll get to you. Just be ready if we call your name.”

36. Grey says:

“Castle” fans: I don’t know if it will let me include this link so if it doesn’t go over to Youtube and you can find footage and interviews of Stana at the PCAs including this “thank you” she did for the fans, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkFVI_HqEDA. She must have known she wouldn’t get proper time on stage. :-|

37. WHY IS NCIS ALWAYS DOWN RATED?

38. Tony Stark says:

Go, Flash! :)

39. Ro says:

That’s Joey Lawrence?!?! (last photo in photo gallery)

40. Piers says:

Why does Johnny Galecki look like a chubby Colombian drug cartel member?

41. Hmm says:

Misha Collins? Really?

42. April says:

Congrats to “castle ” crew on the wins!!! Love the show!!!!!!

43. Robert R says:

Wheres the votes for Forever – Constantine – The Leftovers – Extant or Silicon Valley?