Post Mortems

Post Mortem: Sons of Anarchy EP on 'Shakespearean' Finale, Audience Satisfaction and That Crazy Car Chase

Sons of Anarchy Series Finale

Warning: The following Q&A contains spoilers from Tuesday’s Sons of Anarchy series finale.

According to Sons of Anarchy executive producer and director Paris Barclay, there is a cardinal rule for crafting a great series finale: Don’t leave the audience hanging, under any circumstances.

“I don’t like when I read a book and I invest in hundreds and hundreds of pages, and then you end and it’s like, ‘What? I’m supposed to just think about something? I don’t want to think about something,”” Barclay says, laughing, when asked if there were ever discussion of an ambiguous end for the series.

The series finale — recapped in full here — found Jax leaving SAMCRO behind for good (after racking up a few more casualties, including Barosky and August Marks), before taking his own life in a collision with a semi truck.

“From the very first weeks in the writers’ room, when Kurt laid out the big arc of the story, we knew this was where we were going,” Barclay says. “Everyone wanted it to be as satisfying as possible.”

Still, some questions were left unanswered: Does Abel’s fascination with his dad’s club ring mean the boy is destined for the SAMCRO life anyway? Who is that homeless woman? Is it possible that baby dolls have never been creepier than during Connor Malone’s epic car chase with the Sons?

Below, Barclay discusses all those points — and tells us which Sons moments will stick with him for quite some time.

TVLINE | How early in the season did you and showrunner Kurt Sutter discuss if and how Jax would die?
It was always sort of pre-ordained. We’re telling a tragedy, and it has Shakespearean overtones and undertones. If you’re telling a tragedy, it doesn’t end happily ever after. It just doesn’t. Anyone who is watching the show and is feeling what’s going on would probably not have been satisfied — despite what they say — if Jax just went to prison or just alerted the authorities and went to become a lumberjack. That kind of character has to end. I think we all did it really well.

TVLINE | Jax never really learned about Gemma’s involvement with his dad’s death, and when he burns John’s manuscripts, that entire chapter closes, in a way. Was it a conscious decision not to make that a big focus of the finale?
Yes. If you listen to what Jax is saying at the wall, it’s still somewhat ambiguous as to whether he believes what Jury says — which is that JT killed himself — as opposed to the story of what Gemma and Clay colluded on. But both are moot, because Gemma and Clay are now both dead. And whether or not this actually happened in the past isn’t affecting Jax now. Jax is now looking forward, he’s thinking, “What’s the best way to take care of my kids? Will the club be OK?” He’s cleaning things up for the club and setting everything in place for Chibs. He knows the best way to leave his family and to keep his boys out of this life is by creating a character, or a memory, that they will hate. And that’s what he goes about doing.

TVLINE | Plus, Jax seems so at peace with his fate throughout the hour. It’d be strange for him to dwell on something that’s so far in the past.
Exactly. I love what Charlie [Hunnam] was talking about on Anarchy Afterword. It really was a three-episode miniseries. From Episode 11 when he finds out from Juice what happened, to 12 when everything starts in motion with the killing of Gemma and Unser, and then the conclusion in 13 — I think Charlie’s performance was in a zone. From his crushedness of the Juice moment to the resignation and resolution of what he has to do, and putting the plan in motion. It was just fantastic.

Sons of Anarchy Series FinaleTVLINE | I’d love to break down a few specific scenes from the finale. First, Jax finally visits Tara’s grave, and his scene at Tara and Opie’s plots is so understated. What was it like to film that scene?
That was actually one of the first days that Kurt was hospitalized [for an appendectomy]. I had to step in, but Kurt had already designed the shots that he wanted and the action that he wanted to do. I was there more to witness it and make sure that we got what Kurt wanted; nevertheless, it just broke my heart. With Charlie, it’s basically the action, the physical position of his body… And then you just put the camera where you can watch him, and with each take, he does something a little differently. In only one take does he brush the stuff off the top and kiss the headstone in that way, leaning his body in that way. He’s a very inventive and original person. How he does things — the speed at which he puts down his marriage ring — tiny things like that vary from take to take. And I just printed everything that we shot, so when Kurt got into the editing room, he would see everything that happened that day and could choose how to put it together. He put it together just spectacularly.

TVLINE | Another standout scene was that insane car chase between Connor and the Sons. It was so long and so complex.
And so crazy! [Laughs]

TVLINE | How did that come together?
It took at least a full day and a half of just second unit driving. It was on four different locations. It was just crazy. It was one of the biggest things we’ve ever done, and people sort of forget it in the episode, because so much else happens. It gets eclipsed, but it was one of the more elaborate things we’ve ever done, and it took a lot of planning. The real fun of it was our stunt coordinator had to figure out how to do impossible things. Hitting those dolls and having them fall on the cars, and then fall off the cars — it’s a lot more complicated than it looks. Driving that vehicle that Connor was driving right through an opening that exactly fits it — Connor isn’t sure whether he’ll rip the sides out of it or not! [Laughs] Those things take a lot of calculus. And each of those shots is a couple hours. It was really one of the most elaborate things we did and most fun.

TVLINE | Here’s something a little more ambiguous: that shot of Abel twisting Jax’s club ring. What was the intended significance there? Can we assume Abel grows up in the club lifestyle regardless?
You can interpret that as the child doesn’t know what the story is yet. He’s just been given this ring, and he’s being driven away. And a lot of people said, “This means he’s going to become a Son ’cause that’s what Gemma wants and she’s pre-ordained it!” I’m not so sure. Right now, it means he has a ring and he’s playing with it. But it’s there to add to that conversation. It’s there to conclude the story in a way that has a look of questioning. And more than the twisting of the ring, it’s the way he looks out the window. To me, that tells me more, because there’s a longing and an understanding that things are going to change, but he hasn’t been explained how they’re going to change yet. It’s just wonderful. But don’t expect that there will be a Sons 2. [Laughs]

TVLINE | I also really enjoyed Jax’s final scene with the homeless woman. She says, “It’s time,” and they both just seem so peaceful.
I have my theory as to what that means. But as Kurt said in Anarchy Afterword, everyone should develop their own theory. She may be part Grim Reaper, she may be a spiritual guide. She’s in a lot of different places that it seems impossible to get to without a car. [Laughs] She’s not going to ride around in her cart from place to place. Is she an apparition? I don’t know, because Gemma also saw her. It’s there to raise those questions and to be part of the larger mythological story that we’re doing. And some people have said, “Well, that’s just not real,” and I say, “Well, you’re watching a TV show. It’s not real.” It’s a story that’s constructed to create certain feelings, and that’s what that lady is all about. I do love that something like her bread ends up on the side of the road at the end.

TVLINE | A few of our readers have mentioned that bread, wondering if there might be biblical connotations at play.
I would say that’s not an unreasonable interpretation. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Obviously, this finale — and the entire season — was full of emotional moments. Was there a scene or moment that hit you particularly hard?
Nothing quite destroyed me like Gemma’s death and the actual filming of it. The performance that [Charlie and Katey Sagal] gave — it was the pinnacle of the acting-and-directing combination that I live for. But the subtle moment that was probably the most beautiful scene we did all season was between Tig and Venus in Episode 10. Their love scene, when they just sat across from each other — it was so beautifully written and shows you the depth that Kurt Sutter can deliver. They were so proud to do it, and the crew just stood up and clapped for them for a solid minute-and-a-half when it was done. They were so moved by that. Those two things are the moments I’ll always take away from this season.

Sons fans, are you still reeling from last night’s finale? Hit the comments with your latest thoughts on the episode.

1. Andy J says:

I’m disappointed the show didn’t end with Peg Bundy waking up next to Al to tell him about the terrible nightmare she had.

• Sarah V.H. says:

Awesome possum baby!!!!

• Huss says:

What an episode it’s so sad it’s come to an end! I honestly thought that homeless lady was the spirit of the lady jacks dad killed.when that girl threw the rock into the ice cream shop window and jaxs went to her house he picked up that picture that kinda looked like the homeless woman meh anyway I’m gonna miss soa cheers thanks for an awesome show hope there’s a season 2 one day

• Juan says:

That’s what I had always thought as well haha

• VANETTE says:

JAX CHARACTER IS GREAT! HIS ACTING IN THE CRAFT JUST GOT BETTER AND BETTER, AS DID MANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THE WRITING DID AS WELL. AT FIRST, THE SERIES REPULSED ME, WITH ALL THE BLOOD SHED, GORE AND THE EMPTYNESS IT SHOWED IN SOME OF THESE MEN AND THE MATRIARCH IN PARTICULAR. BUT ONCE I GOT TO SEE THE ACTUAL HEARTS AND SOULS OF THESE CHARACTERS SHOW UP, I WAS QUITE IMPRESSED WITH HOW THE DIRECTORS WERE ABLE TO KEEP A BALANCE WITH THE EVIL AND THE GOODNESS. I WAS DESPERATELY BLOWN AWAY, WHEN I SAW BOTH THE TRULY GOOD PROTAGONIST’S THROUGH THE WHOLE SEASON, TERRA AND THE WONDERFULLY GOOD HEARTED BLACK SHERIFF , GETTING KILLED SO BRUTALLY, IT REALLY RIPPED MY HEART OUT. I WASN’T SURE I EVEN WANTED TO WATCH ANYMORE, AFTER THAT, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO MORE “GOOD GUYS” LEFT, OTHER THAN UNSER, AND HE WAS ALWAYS TOTTERING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN GOOD AND SOMEWHAT LACKING LIGHT…HE WOULD USE “DENIAL” LIKE A BATTLE SHIELD, UNSER, NEVER HAVING TO TAKE A STEP INTO THE LAND OF GOODNESS AND LIGHT, SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO SEE THE LIGHT IN HIM AFTER SEASON SIX. I NEED DUALITY, PARTICULARLY, IF WERE GOING TO HAVE A SHAKESPEAREAN TYPE OF ENDING…THE DEATH OF JAX DRUG ON, FOREVER, IN A WAY! HOWEVER, I FORCED MYSELF TO WATCH THE LAST SEASON, AND UNTIL ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE FINAL SEASON, WHEN THINGS BECAME LESS CHAOTIC AND WERE MORE CONCISE AND CLEAR MINDED, I DID START TO BELIEVE IN THE SCENARIO THAT THE HOMELESS WOMEN MEANT SOMETHING, THROUGHOUT THE SEASONS, AS WELL AS THE GIRL WHO THREW THE KARMIC ROCK INTO THE CLUBS MAKESHIFT ICE CREAM SPACE, BECAUSE HER MOTHER DIED AS A SUGGESTING FATE OF THE TWO ORFANS BEING LEFT AND SOMHOW BOUND TOO HELP EACH OTHER? HOW IT HAD TO PLAY OUT…AS IF GOD HAD HIS HAND IN IT, ALL ALONG; WHEN THE HOMELESS WOMEN WAS THERE HOLDING “THEE BLANKET” TO JAX, AT A PLACE SHE COULD NOT MOVE THAT CART, OUT OF, AND WE SEE THE BREAD AS THEY’RE LEAVING? WE THEN SEE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF BOTH OF THESE THINGS..THE BREAD LEFT BEHIND. THEN I KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, BECAUSE IT WAS JAX WHO FOUND HER PICTURE IN THE HOUSE OF THE WOMEN HIS DAD’S BIKE ACCIDENT CAUSING HER MOTHER’S DEATH. JAX STATES, “WHO IS THIS LADY, SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE SOMEONE I THINK I KNOW!?” WE HAD JUST SEEN THIS WOMEN IN THE SCENE A DAY OR 2, BEFORE, STANDING ON THE STREET WAITING PATIENTLY WAITING FOR HIM AS HE BID HIS TIME…THE BIBLE REFERS TO “RECOGNIZING ANGELS BEING IN OUR MIDST AND WE MUST ALWAYS BE AWARE AND READY TO SEE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THEM, SO AS TO GIVE THEM REVERENCE FOR THEIR WORK WITH HUMAN KIND. THEN, I REALIZED IT WAS HER GHOST OR APPREHENSION, AND IN THAT FINAL SCENE, IN THE END, WHERE WE WERE SHOWN THE BREAD “OF LIFE” WITH THE BLOOD COMING TOWARDS IT. I THINK THE BLANKET, FOR ME, AT LEAST, REPRESENTED THE COVERING OF GOD’S GRACE, FOR ALL THE BAD STUFF OR AS BIBLE SUGGESTS, “COVERING THE MULTITUDES OF SINS” WE COMMIT IN A EACH LIFETIME! THE BREAD IS THOUGHT TO BE THE BODY OF LIFE AND THE BLOOD…BLOOD OF LIFE. HE FIRST WIPED OUT THE TRULY EVIL VILLIANS, SO THE COUNTY AND HIS CLUB COULD BE FFREE OF MORE DEATH AND KILLING. FINALLY, JAX WAS THE SACRIFICIAL LAMB FOR HIS OWN CHILDREN AND FOR THE CLUB, SO BOTH WOULD HAVE FRESH STARTS AND A CHANCE TO SPROUT NEW LIFE! ALSO LOVED THE SCENE WITH THE INTIMATE TYRANNY AND TIG. IT WAS SO SWEET, SEAMED SINCERE AND GENTLE/KIND HEARTED. WORDS WERE POETICALLY WRITTEN, TOO! THERE WAS ALWAYS GOOD VS BAD/EVIL VS LIGHT/GOODNESS, IN JAX CHARACTER, AS WELL AS GEMMA AND ALL THE OTHERS IN THE M.C. CLUB, AS IS IN EVERY HUMAN SOUL OUT THERE…WE ARE FALLEN, ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, THE TORAH AND THE KORAN…MAYBE OTHER SPIRITUAL WRITINGS, AS WELL?. I THINK JAX FINALLY FIGURED THAT OUT, BUT THE COST OF THAT GANGSTER LIFESTYLE WOULD DESTROY A GOOD SOUL, SO HE KNEW HE HAD TO HAVE HIS BOYS GROW UP TO HATE ANYTHING BAD HE WAS, EVEN IF THAT MET LYING BY OMISSION ABOUT THE GOODNESS IN HIM. HE PLANNED THIS TO BE TOLD TO HIS CHILDREN BY WENDY AND HIS FRIEND NERO, LATER? HE HOPED THIS WOULD SAVE THEM FROM THE LIFE, GEMMA SELFISHLY CREATED FOR HER OWN ARROGANT WILL. SHE BUILT THAT CLUB IN ORDER TO HAVE HER LITTLE PRINCE SON, TO SIT ON THE THROWN AS THE KING. WE HEAR REFERENCES OF THIS THROUGHOUT THE SERIES. I NEVER UNDERSTOOD THE RING ON THE ABEL’S FINGER IN THE LAST SCENE? IT JUST MADE ME FEEL SAD, THAT HE WAS EVEN THINKING ABOUT WHAT GEMMA SUGGESTED FOR HIM, EVEN WHEN HE KNEW SHE KILLED HIS OWN MOTHER? DID HE FEEL BETRAYED BY THE TRUTH ABOUT WENDY BEING HIS OWN FATHER? I MEAN, HE’S ONLY SIX YRS OLD, OR LESS? I WAS ALSO LEFT QUESTIONING NERO TAKING THE TOOLS? DID HE DO SOMETHING TO THE NEW BIKE, WHICH WAS BUILT TO RESEMBLE JAX FATHER’S? I DIDN’T SEE, CLEARLY, THAT THE BIKE FAILED? OR AT LEAST IF JAX SUBTLY SHOWED PANIC OR CONCERN OR KNEW WHAT HAD BEEN DONE BY NERO TO THE BIKE, I DIDN’T SEE IT ON HIS FACE? WAS IT DONE BY NERO TO STOP HIM FROM FINDING GEMMA OR DID NERO DO THIS SABOTAGE TO JAX BIKE, BECAUSE HE WANTED HIM TO DIE OR BECAUSE JAX ASKED HIM TO DO THIS? I DIDN’T GET THAT PART, AT ALL, NOR DID I SEE IT FLESH OUT IN THE END WITH JAX ACTING SKILL? HE DIDN’T SEEM SURPRIZED? SO, HE MUST HAVE KNOWN, ALL ALONG? TELL ME WHAT TO THINK…DID I MISS SOME PARTS? ALSO, DID THE CLUB THINK HE WAS JUST GOING AWAY TO HIDE OR DID THEY GO ALONG WITH THE PLAN TO DO HIMSELF IN? LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS?

• Jennifer says:

I was (am) sure that the homeless woman and the girl’s mom were one and the same.

• vanette says:

who the helk is peg bundy and al? is this a misguided joke?

2. herrumph says:

Jax has a guardian angel watching over him? After how many murders and including innocent ones, who thinks Jax has a guardian angel? That’s why this show disappoints on a Lost level. The logic is so chaotic that it’s only saving grace is Jax doesn’t control his end in the end. Even Tully and the white supremacists come off clean in the end. Are angels watching over them too?

• kenneth says:

I doubt I could fully explain Christianity in a short post but from the little I know and recall, it is not just good people that have guardian angels, or someone looking out for them. They way I see Christianity is, until the end everyone is equal, everyone has a chance at redemption, i.e. even being saved hanging on a cross and near death. Both good people and bad people die all that matters is where and how you end up.

Of course whether or not that is fair is another subject entirely. Regardless it did what it claimed it would do, wrap up the story fine.

• Donna says:

I am a Christian! I love SOA! I feel like the homeless woman was like a guardian angel! I think the end of the show was right! I don’t agree with suicide but for (TV) Jax did what he thought was the best for him…but not for “Him” first..For his boys, the club, his father and then for him! When he killed his mother he knew he was going to die. He knew Gemma (and she knew) had to pay for what she had done…not for just killing his wife, but for what her lies had cost the club. Jax also knew his death would have killed her mentally so he knew her death had to come before his (and he SURELY was not going to die and leave the boys for her to raise…in the life he was brought up in) and Jax knew if he did not kill her someone in the club would have to (they all looked up to her or in love with her) or someone in one of the opposing clubs would. SUTTER is a Shakespeare of our time, Michelangelo who sculpts with words!!!!! I WILL MISS MY 10 PM. SOA CLUB MEETINGS!!!!!

• Rick says:

I believe she was the Grim Reaper. When she said it’s time, its as if the reaper was telling him he is going to die soon.

• herrumph says:

Don’t need any Christian explanation. Jax murders people even innocent. Suicide goes against God. No redeeming qualities about it. The only thing someone can argue was he loved his family and friends and will do anything for him. And you can make the same argument for someone like Adolf Hitler. Let’s just ignore all the bad stuff and let’s just judge him by how he loved his family and fellow Sons. I’m sure Hitler protected anyone who was loyal to him too. What right he thought he corrected in the end was ultimately selfish in nature. Sorry but someone like how Jax ended up doesn’t deserve an end of his own choosing.

• Donna says:

U r so right…but it’s a TV show…and I was replaying to a statement…about being a Christian…SO Judgment…

• Don says:

Wow… how can you be so far from the truth… you don’t decide the choices that Good Man up stairs makes. This show was about redemption second chances freewill. What a great and powerful show.

• Rick says:

Maybe Jax felt his place on the other side is hell. A sort of penance for the wrongs he has done. Also, he wanted to create a story about himself that his children would hate. Killing yourself and leaving behind your loved ones is the worst thing you could do to them. I think he wanted to ensure his children would look down on him, and be angry that he would rather kill himself for his club than run away and be a father.

3. Halee martin says:

I think they should be another show called the sons of sons where Abel and Thomas are grown!

4. Yoki says:

I would have loved a flash forward. Does Chibbs walk away from Sons? Do Wendy and Nero become lovers? Does Abel become his dad in search of answers?

5. TheIntimidator says:

SOA was written by a fanominal man that could possibly be a lil disturbed. It was acted by fantastic actors and actresses that deserve many awards for their performances. The directing was exceptional. I’m so thankful for Kurt Sutter for creating an awesome show that will never be forgotten. This show also have me some of the most wonderful women I’ve ever had the chance to meet.
    #SOARules

6. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

Abel playing with that SAMCRO ring and the look he had on his face…..pretty much says he will be like his father. He’s a smart kid (for a 5 yr.old) he knows what’s been going around him. As for the homeless woman it makes sense that she’s both a reaper and a guardian angel, but if she’s really the mother of Ratboy’s girlfriend why is she been on the streets for so long?

7. fairygirl says:

I thought the show ended very well. I’ve watched it from the beginning and always new there couldn’t be a “happy ever after”. And from what I’ve seen Gemma has been the evil one all along. She married JT and had two boys and I believe that is why JT wanted the club to go legit for his boys, but Gemma was greedy for money and she knew JT was weak so she married Clay who was just as evil as she was. She and Clay were trying to mold Jax into being like them but first he found his Dads manuscript and then Tara came into his life thats where everything changed. He was strong when Tara was alive but when she died it destroyed him. In the end Jax burned everything because he didn’t want his boys to read them and saying to Nero that he’s doing what he should have done when his wife was alive just proves he loved his boys more than Gemma loved her boys. He wanted a better life for them but Gemma only thought of herself and the club nothing more. The only logical way for Jax’s boys to live normally was for him to die. He knew this thats why at the end he told his Dad his boys will never know this kind of life or chaos. In the end he full filled Taras wishes by letting Wendy take the boys and leave Charming. A very well written series that I will miss very much.

8. salomon says:

I was sad to see jax die, but in a way it was the perfect way to end it. I hope that there is a sons of anarchy 2 with Abel coming back as a grown up, that last sene when he was playing with the ring makes me think that he is going to grow up to be a son

9. The Carpooler says:

Anyone catch what Chibs and Tig said to Jax when they hugged? I’ve not had time to go back with CC on.

10. Califanna says:

I thought the show really progressed from the beginning. In the end, SOA represented life with the LGBT community in the relationship between Tig and Venus, then the acceptance of an African-American into the club, the allowance of women in administrative roles and finally, the line between good and evil and how being evil leads to death in the end. I like SOA depicted how our lives have evolved from caveman days to one of acceptance of all human beings. I didn’t like that Jax committed suicide and I would have preferred he had gone out in a blaze of glory because the story line definitely lead me in that direction instead of the other.

• Chaz says:

All great story lines keep the reader (watcher) engaged with plot . The truly great ones also add character development and social commentary. S.O.A. can definitely be included in the “truly great” category.

11. AnnieM says:

I think the whole point of Abel with the ring was that with Jax’s sacrifice for his boys, he could grow up with that ring meaning ‘son’ rather than SOA. That’s how I saw it, anyway.

12. Dawn Baxter says:

I thought that Jax surrendered his gun (Chibbs shot Happy in the arm, instead of taking out Jax with it) at the garage after removing Patches. Then what gun did Jax use shooting at the State Trooper before the big chase? Did Jax carry more than one gun? Did I miss something?

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

No, even tho. he left the 1st gun w/Chibs he’s not that stupid to go out and not pack any heat. He had it all planed out, starting back in the scene w/ Patterson telling her the Gemma/Tara situation. I think he knew that Patterson tells Jarry and of course they find all the bodies and put the APB on him. I guess the 2nd gun was his doing by making the cop call for back up to set up his demise but the truck pretty much seal the deal.

13. San says:

I don’t think this show disappoints on any level. I think it is the best TV series ever. Charlie Hunnam is a great actor. I would like to see a sequel with Charlie playing Able where it starts off with Charlie saying, I’m Able Teller. I’m told I look just like my dad. If there is a prequel, I’d like to see Charlie play his dad.

• whistlindixie says:

Jax was a terrible father. He screwed poor Abel up even more by leaving him. Who kills their mother? Jax was too weak to work on his relationship with his son so he took the easy way out. He didnt care. He was a terrible husband. Way to leave your ring on Tara’s grave after you’ve already banged around a hundred times. The show was based on loyalty and brotherhood but always failed to have the guys actually take care of their own family first. I enjoyed the show at times but at others it was annoying to watch. Doesn’t make me wish there were more seasons left.

14. Jacob Adams says:

I believe Jax was portrayed as a sort of Jesus figure in the last episode. He sacrifices himself so that his children (and maybe even the club) could have a better life. There are many similarities with the last episode and the stations of the cross i.e Veronica handing Jesus the towel, Jax being handed the blanket. Jesus spoke to God his father on Mount Olives before his death, Jax spoke to his father before his death. In the last 5 minutes we can see that it was fairly obvious that the writer was trying to loosely portray Jax as Jesus. The way he lifted his hands moments before he died, similar to the crucifixion. Lastly, we see the body and blood of Christ, with the actual blood of Jax coming close to the bread.

15. Sarah V.H. says:

Can someone plz explain what’s up with the bread the homeless women had & the bread pops up on the last scene???????? Wtf????

16. Alfredo E says:

I cannot find words to express how magnificent this show is. Even though i still had some questions in the end, i was satisfied with the ending. I don’t think kurt sutter should make a sequel to this show, i think he should make a prequel to show the first 9 members of the mc.

17. Charlene says:

I cried so much. For Jax to kill himself to set everyone else free just destroyed me. The acting was unbelievable. Just sucked me in. Felt their pain.. I totally loved the whole series not to mention I fell in love with Jax. :)

18. grerchen says:

The best show ever, i love everything about, love the teaching , the bloody the feelings the characters i love son’s of anarchy , thank for doing excellent serie and for came to ours hearts and home

19. Shivan Desai says:

I would say that Abel should not join the Sons of Anarchy. He deserves a normal life. I wished Jax and Tara didn’t die, so they could take the boys and move to a great place to have a normal live.

20. John Wilson says:

To me the ending was very biblical. The woman he saw was sitting there with the wine and bread. The last supper of sorts. She gave him the blanket where he put it on like a robe like Jesus might have worn. Then the death of both Borosky and Marks seem to symbolize the two thieves that died on the cross with Jesus. Of course the end where he puts his hands out like he’s on the cross right before the truck turns him into strawberry jam. The whole vibe was he was dying for the sins of his club like Jesus died for the sins of the world. Well that’s my take on it.

21. Don says:

Just finished binge watching the final season. I knew what had to happen at the end but it still felt like a punch in the gut. Also checked out some of the previous comments. Jax said that he is a criminal and a killer. He didn’t want his kids to grow up the same way. He goes out the same way on his dad’s motorcycle. The homeless woman gives Jax the cloak to dress like the grim reaper and kills August Marks. Who is the homeless woman who tells Jax that it’s time? All I know is she shows up when a major character in the show meets their demise. But Jax is the only one she speaks to.

22. Bailey says:

Will there be a sons of anarchy 2 with Abel and Thomas

23. Stewiie says:

I’ve never posted anything before by I have to say this was the biggest waste of time ever I only finished it because I watched the forst season and it was ok upsetting the plots and the lies just pointless. I wrote better stories as a kid!✌🏽

24. Kelly says:

Great series! One of the best….EVER! Glad to see Kurt bring in some of the cast from The Shield…another great series. Was hurt when Opie was killed.

25. Linda Schmitz says:

Sons was and is the first TV show that pulled me in and made me laugh, cry and angry…AND ADDICTED. My comments is just THANK YOU. I miss you all.

26. i’m so sad you killed jax off there were a lot of good in him when he cried I cried I feel in love with him when I first saw him and i’m 68 years old I guess you can say i’m an old couger lol but I will never forget him

27. I am in love with Jax…And i am in awe of his acting! Katey is awesome also…Aw jeez i think the whole cast was wonderful…i have been binge watching for about a month and i am sooo sad i am done! They almost became part of my life! :-) I think i was into it!

28. jeffrey kimbro says:

how would jax’s body look after he crashed into the semi?