Was Grimm Sex Scandalous? Weakest Voice Yet? Hannibal in Sleepy Hollow? TV's First @Serial Killer? And More Qs!

Grimm

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Grimm, Arrow/The Flash and Peter Pan Live!

1 | Was Grimm‘s Nick/Juliette-as-Adalind sex scene just a scooch more pervy than you expected it to be? (And did you love the moment even more because of it?)

2 | How, how, how did Jessie not foresee her movie-star gal pal Shayelee (inadvertently) stealing her TV guest star gig? Also, why play your “Liv and Maddie crossover” card if neither Liv nor Maddie will appear?

3 | Would Once Upon a Time have us believe that the “message in a bottle” hadn’t drifted from the spot Gerda’s ship went down, over the course of 30-plus years? And are we to infer that Hook traded his ship to Blackbeard last season?

4 | Is it weird that we’re kind of feeling some twisted chemistry between Revenge‘s Emily and Daniel now that they have a messed-up but honest dynamic?

The Comeback5 | Is there a special Emmy category for Outstanding Facial Expression that we can give to The Comeback‘s Akiko Kato, as Valerie and Mark’s rental unit manager registered disgust that neither knows her name? And were you shocked the comedy “went there” and gave us a glimpse of their tenant’s suicide?

6 | With her hilarious guest turn on Web Therapy, could Allison Janney possibly go one better than her 2014 Emmy-night tally of two statuettes? Speaking of which, could her dowdy, 50-something Web Therapy virgin be any more different from her horny hot tamale on Mom?

7 | Can Castle’s Nathan Fillion now scratch “Walk away from an explosion, in slow motion” off his to-do list?

Sleepy Hollow8 | Sleepy Hollow’s Moloch and “Stag Hannibal”— separated at birth? (But wasn’t Moloch scarier when he was a more abstract shape, not so rubber-mask-y?) Also, once Irving made Jenny promise to watch over his kid, was there any doubt he wouldn’t survive the midseason finale?

9 | Is it time to declare Season 7 of The Voice as the weakest — by far — in show history? And given Pharrell’s brilliance and sincerity during the Blind Auditions — and his day job as a major-league producer — would you ever have guessed he’d be the first coach to have his team completely wiped out in the voting rounds?

10 | How is The Flash getting push notifications from Iris’ blog, that no one else sees? (Did he, like, register on her site?) And when The Flash races to meet with Iris, does he take a moment to set up a semi-blinding floodlight over his right shoulder?

11 | Wait — all the FitzSimmons tension on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is just because Jemma can’t bring herself to say, “I’m just not that into you”? And as much as we enjoy Skye’s evolution, do we really believe she is that capable in close-quarters combat now?

12 | When is the real CW going to make the fake CW series within Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce? We’d totally watch the vampire/slayer twin sisters show!!

13 | Were you hoping that Mindy Project‘s Morgan would succeed in pulling off Jeremy’s tunic, thus making all the show’s male characters shirtless in the episode?

14 | Given Nadia’s history on New Girl, shouldn’t someone have the Division of Children and Family Services on speed-dial for when she gives birth?

15 | Didn’t you think Eliza’s striptease on Selfie (now streaming on Hulu) would turn out to be just a fantasy in her head?

Arrow The Flash16 | On Arrow, why didn’t Felicity & Co.’s clothes catch fire when The Flash whisked them to the bombs? Also, does Felicity need an awesome BFF?

17 | First A to Z, now The Goldbergs — what is with this season’s obsession with the Back to the Future hoverboards myth?

18 | Now that Nashville‘s Scarlett is performing again (and Zoey has taken off), is ZAG Band going to change its name to SAG Band? And did you laugh out loud at Juliette’s hat/scarf/sunglasses/scooter “disguise”?

19 | Red Band Society fans choose your ‘ship (while you still can): Leo and Kara, or Leo and Emma? Also, how was Jordi so cool with a stranger making out with him for nearly 10 full seconds as a way of saying hello? (Relationships do move quickly on this show, but come on.) And of all the winter finale’s big cliffhangers, could this be the most troubling one: Will Dash get an actual storyline during the final three episodes?

20 | Key & Peele‘s “Jimmy”: Their funniest sketch this season?

Mariah Carey21 | During NBC’s Rockefeller tree lighting special, wasn’t it ironic that Seth MacFarlane managed to pull off such a fun, well-sung number (granted, with the angel-voiced Sara Bareilles) while pop pro Mariah Carey struggled through her number? Meanwhile, TVLine reader Betsy asks: When did #RockCenterXMAS become more about cleavage and less about a kid-friendly tree lighting!?

22 | When all was said and done, was Christopher Walken a fine choice for Peter Pan Live!’s Captain Hook, or a bit too low-energy? (As for Smee, Christian Borle didn’t have those biceps on Smash, right?) And come 2015, do you think Fox’s Grease or NBC’s The Music Man will perform better in the ratings?

23 | Coming off of Serial’s success, which TV procedural will be first to kill off a podcast host who got too close to uncovering the truth about a murder?

1. NotEvenJoking says:

You mean was Moloch scarier before when he was white? No. Of course not. He had to be black to be scary. And then killed.

• Wordsmith says:

Well played.

• Babygate says:

I guess we should go back and do a lit review on every piece of literature that has ever been written, particularly fiction, and make sure that every single character and plot is politically correct to match our current expectations…. We’ll make significant character color-neutral. THAT’s how ridiculous this sounds. And no, I’m not white…

• Guest says:

Well without getting into subtext…it is odd that Moloch was white in Season 1 then black in Season 2. They’ve changed the appearance of the character for no particular reason. But then it could just be a different make-up/effects team.

2. I think we’re supposed to believe that Skye has some super human powers, because both Coulson and Ward have hinted that her father is not human. I think Skye was targeted and trained for that reason alone and it’s why she did so well under Ward’s training.

• TVPeong says:

Or her mother. Remember, the mother was able to touch the diviner without dying, and she didn’t age. Whitehall took her essence and that’s what made him young again.

3. ... says:

21. Mariah’s was the only 100% live performance. Every other one, including MacFarlane, was pre-taped the day before and given multiple run throughs.

• Mick says:

True is was reported that Mariah missed the dress rehearsal/ pre taping and the producers were mad.

• Carrie says:

It seemed like something was wrong. I’d read that her performance began a few hours later than it was supposed to. Also, I know she’s known for her awesome voice, but I think people are being a little ridiculous about her performance. I’ve seen professional singers mess up countless times in live performances. No one is perfect. How many times has she performed that song live and sounded fantastic?

• Babygate says:

I agree. In her worst day, Mariah still sound a thousand times better than I do so, I’m not judging her. I think this was much ado about nothing.

4. Gerald says:

#16 I was thinking the same thing.
    AND that had to be way more than 90 seconds what with the actually trying to figure out where the bombs were and how they had to be diffused simultaneously. And then to run everyone over to the locations.
    AND While he was removing pedestrians from the train platform, before he heard about the bombs, could he not have also just tied up Boomerang like he did the Russians.

5. Jenna says:

#18 Juliette’s “disguise” and subsequent, scooter crash, was definitely my laugh out loud TV moment of the week. She’s an entertaining hot mess. How about some love for “Forever”..love the witty quips and brainy factoids as well as the great chemistry of the entire cast.

6. buttercupp85 says:

9. Definitely. I stopped watching somewhere in the knockout rounds. Disappointing season for sure. However, there’s still the wild card twist! Maybe Pharell will make it into the finals after all!

22. For me, Walken was seriously miscast. I might be in the miniority, but I thought he was terrible. I know, maybe I missed the “humor” of Walken playing Hook playing himself…but it really brought the show down for me. As a child, I watched the Mary Martin version on repeat, so I was excitedly anticipating this show! Definitely wasn’t better than the Mary Martin version, Walken did not hold a candle to Cybil. Think someone else should’ve played Hook (NPH, anybody?!) To which future show will be more successful? Probably Grease. Which future show will I enjoy more? Most likely The Music Man, as I greatly prefer Music Man to Grease. Probably in the minority here!

• jalahyacinth says:

Agreed. Definitely not alone in any of those thoughts. At least we have company in the minority. Haha. Music Man is much better than Grease. And it definitely was NOT better than Mary Martin’s version.

• imnancee says:

Hated Walken as Hook. He looked like he was drugged and uncomfortable on that role. Show killer for me.

• Babygate says:

Soooo agree. And I’m not a huge fan of this genre but I would watch anything Neil Patrick Harris is on. He would have KILLED it as Hook. For sure, he would have stolen the show…

7. Maria says:

11. I don’t think Jemma is necessarily “not into” Fitz- she had never even considered anything more. Bobbi seems to think- and I agree- that she feels more than she ever suspected.

8. Dani says:

Both Moloch’s were scary. Hazy fit into season one’s surreal purgatory while more the more defined one of season two fit entering the real world.
    I didn’t think they would go there with Irving, especially since Orlando is such a huge asset to the social media part of the fandom.
    More important question, can either horseman be redeemed now they have both killed important characters to the show and to Abbie and Ichabod. Death killed Rev. Knapp and Sheriff Corbin and War killed Irving and was responsible for Caroline’s death.

• Angela says:

Agreed on Moloch. And good questions about the horsemen, too.
      As for Irving, well, I don’t believe he’s permanently dead, and am fairly certain he’ll “rise” again, too, in part for the very reason you note-Orlando being so involved in the show/fandom. I think we’ll see Irving again.

9. Wordsmith says:

19) Regarding Jordi and his unexpected liplock – he’s a teenage boy and the girl was hot. He was surprised afterwards, but went with it in the moment. Frankly, I don’t find it unrealistic in the least.

10. sarah j says:

16)I know that seemed really silly that her shirt caught fire. Why did Cisco, Roy, Caitlin and Felicity’s clothes not catch fire when Barry whisked them to the bomb sites?
    18)I like SAG. I laughed out loud at Juliette.

11. PKD says:

4. I didn’t think it was possible for me to ship Daniel and Emily again but honesty goes a really long way and the actors have really great chemistry. Bring on Demily 2.0

9. Agreed they should have kept it to one cycle per year and the coaches don’t seem to be very sincere. To hear a negative criticism is a rare commodity.

15. I just need Selfie to be uncancelled. Can we get some Yahoo or TBS up in here?

16. Also how did they know when to cut the wire since only Barry,Felicity (and maybe Cisco ) had earpieces?

22. Honestly his awkwardness was what kept me watching as long as I did. I know they are doing the Music Man Live next but am I wrong for wanting to see High School Musical Live (its the only musical I actually am very familiar with (90’s kid))

12. Letti says:

4. It’s so wierd but I just love Demily right now. I prefered Jemily since the very first episode and hated Daniel since season 2, and I know that he shot Emily and everything, but I fell in love with their scenes this season. Damn i would even be ok with them getting together again, no matter how wrong it is. But I’m afraid Daniel will be killed off next week :( I wanted that last season, now I wish he could stay ( and no one would die )

13. 4. I’m totally into the Emily and Daniel twisted chemistry now. Their scenes have been one of the better things about Revenge lately.

18. Juliette’s scarf, glasses, and general stalking was my favorite part of last episode. I’m impressed by the acting range from the actress. One episode Juliette makes my heart break and another she’s the comic relief.

19. Leo and Emma. Leo and Kara have too many similarities for me to ship at this point.

14. John NYC says:

#16? Realizing it was “Braless Wednesday” at the Arrowcave Barry was simply being considerate and lowered his max speed?

15. # 23 My money is on Criminal Minds. They’ve done 2 internet based murders, season 5 and season 10. So what’s to say that won’t happen with killing off a podcast host?

16. Lora says:

#3 from OUAT – what’s the significance of the ‘message in a bottle’? I don’t recall this tidbit.

• John NYC says:

There’s a scene of a shipwreck, in a storm that overwhelms them while they’re returning from trying to find a “cure” for Elsa, that allegedly kills Elsa and Anna’s parents where, knowing the ship is doomed, their mother writes a letter and puts it in a bottle and tosses it overboard right before the ship is overwhelmed in the storm.

Blackbeard mentions he’s tossing the trunk overboard on that very spot and there’s a scene showing the trunk settling on the bottom with a shipwreck nearby.

Don’t know what the contents might be.

Implication appears to be the bottle got caught in the wreckage and dragged to the bottom and only was pulled loose when the forces of the wishing star pulled the trunk to Elsa.

• Melinda B says:

When Elsa and Anna’s parents were in the storm, their mother wrote a message and put it in a bottle, then threw it overboard with the comment, “They have to know the truth.” We saw it on the ocean floor near the trunk that Kristoff and Anna were in. After the group left the beach, it was shown floating on the surface.

17. tjj50 says:

22. I love Christopher, but yeah, I don’t think this was a good fit for him. I felt like he was reading the prompter every second. But i thought he danced pretty well, at least. And I was thinking the same thing about Christopher “where did those guns come from?!” Borle.

18. Ally says:

#16 Had the same question

19. Blah says:

On agents of shield. I think the fitzsimmons dynamic was one of their major miss steps. As both Leo and Gemma are great with other characters but tend to suck the energy out of the room/repeat each others skills when together.

I’d really like to see fitz with Skye, because they are both computer genius’s , she has a type, and he needs a rebound ASAP. Im also team trippsimmons. As being with the action hero really brings Simmons out of her shell and the actress who was possibly the best part of season 1 could really improve season 2 by being in it more

20. Melinda B says:

#7, only if “without flinching” was specifically part of it.

#18, I had the same question about the group’s name while watching the episode. I guess it’d be better than “GAS Band”.

21. ME says:

#9 Yes weakest season ever and No I didn’t think Pharrell would be knocked out first. I feel like he didn’t have enough time to take each contestant thru his regular process though. If he had a couple of months with each person, this would be a different show and a different result let’s be real. It’s time the show title be officially changed to “The Judge” so America can name the most popular judge this season because that is what the show really is. The singers are just filler in between punch lines and performances of new songs from the judges. Adam clearly has the best performing single this season so I guess he wins at least in the money rounds but maybe not the overall title.
    Looking forward to Idol.

22. Kate says:

1. I am confused about how I feel about the whole thing, I think they didn’t think it through last year (when, I mean, technically, was that rape of Nick?) and needed to remedy it once they sat through the summer of discussion and thought lets do the compromise. Nick and Adalind have kind of crazy energy together, but as much as anyone complained about Juliette, her and Nick together are like a very healthy couple. So…just, well, I’m glad most of its over and now just the supernatural aftereffects might be around.

3b. Yes, I think we are supposed to infer that Hook traded his ship to Blackbeard.

4. It is curious, but it could be just because they both can relax now and you are getting a glimpse of the chemistry between the two of them (they are still dating IRL right)

8. Yes, Moloch was scary when he was the out of focus guy. I actually found the stag on Hannibal creepier to look at and that’s probably because most of the time you were on the edge of your seat yelling at Will to see the truth.

10. Given he is like always at Jitters, I think he knows where the lights are and its easier than the face blurring.

16. Probably, but its funny, so you know, not on Arrow.

23. R says:

19 | Leo and Kara all the way!

24. Wordsmith says:

Given where Nashville started out, I was impressed by how natural and angst free that SAG lineup now seems.
    Who would ever have guessed that those three characters would ever reach a place where it would make sense for them to start a band together?

25. Drew says:

I had a few questions about the Flash/Arrow crossover. Like, did the Flash team even know who Canary was? And if so, why weren’t they surprised to learn that she was dead? And why didn’t Thea wonder why Roy was hanging out with Oliver’s former assistant? But the crossover still rocked.
    As for Peter Pan… if they wanted to be deliberately bad, Shatner would have been better. This was just painful. But he was well matched to an equally bad Allison Williams.
    They need a new team to produce the live show next year. Aside from the supporting cast, every element was horrible this year.

• Luis says:

I had the same two questions as I watched the F/A crossover

• Briggs says:

I presumed that was a conversation they had off-screen. It *is* only 40 minutes per episode, and there were a lot of other good things in the crossover eps that I wouldn’t have wanted cut just so we could watch Felicity tell Caitlin about Sara. It’s the same philosophy I have with Roy’s training last season. 40 minutes, we diddn’t need to see him train every ep, it’s happening off-screen.

26. Babygate says:

18- I am so loving Nashville this year. Hayden is absolutely perfect as Juliette. And yes, I laughed at her antics. She managed to be funny when she wasn’t even trying to be. I hope producers see how much better the show is when it is Teddy-light.
    22- For the little bit that I saw of Christian Borle I asked myself the same thing. Unfortunately, after seeing Christopher Walken fumble through his part I just couldn’t bring myself to watch. Was the man drunk? Hopefully I can catch Minnie Driver’s part on YouTube.

• Babygate says:

Also, while I think ZAG was great, I’m more than happy that Scarlett stepped up to the fill in. I really hope that SAG, or whatever they call themselves, becomes an actual thing. I love these three signing together. I think they are the best combo since the pilot episode when Gunnar and Scarlett belted out If I didn’t know better, which is still one of my favorite songs.

27. Jared says:

9) The fact that The Voice has never turned a single winner into a legitimate musical artist makes me believe viewers just arent as invested in the show as they used to be. Say what you want about American Idol or even X Factor but those two shows have created way more credible artists than The Voice ever has.
    16) I love Felicity on Arrow but have really enjoyed the scenes with her and Caitlin and Cisco on The Flash/Arrow crossover. I would NOT be against Felicity moving to The Flash full time.
    22) Christopher Walken is an amazing actor but he was so miscast as Hook that it was pretty laughable watching him “try” to sing and dance in Peter Pan.

28. Rich Abey says:

#1. Grimm sex scene Pervy? Super awkward, disgusting, traumatizing would be some more choice words to describe it.

29. M3rc Nate says:

I too have this problem, the show has been VERY inconsistent about a lot of stuff (how fast Barry can run for example) but the biggest is they established when he runs, the friction burns up clothing and melts/tears apart shoes…but he has multiple times an episode run in normal clothes (or runs holding someone who’s in normal clothes) and no change happens to their clothing. He runs in the morning to work/STAR labs in his regular clothes/shoes yet they stay normal….he runs Felicity to STAR labs and her shirt burns up but not her pants? Jeans can handle 500-700 MPH worth of friction? (I get that they couldn’t have her pants burn away to on a family show per-se but still).
    Another thing i would have loved if they had incorporated: In X-Men DoFP Quicksilver specifically has to palm the back of peoples heads when he runs with them so their neck doesnt snap from the G forces as he runs, assuming the “speed force” or w/e doesn’t protect the people hes holding when he runs, i would have liked to have seen this incorporated into The Flash as well.
    (Yes a Felicity female BFF would be awesome, especially if she doesn’t know any secret identities and doesnt find out for a long time, someone on the show that doesnt know would be great lol)

• John NYC says:

He can obviously choose how fast he runs, so why not he simply slows down when he’s carrying an unprotected civilian, and for whatever reason he got it wrong with Felicity… possibly distracted by all that cuteness in his arms….

• M3rc Nate says:

Slow down enough and people can see you a lot clearer, and whats the limit of speed that a person doesnt throw up or the G’s hurt them (give them a concussion) or their neck snap? He seems to take off when holding her at at least 100+ MPH…can you go from 0-100mph standing up in regular clothes in half a second? Because people go 0-60 in 3 seconds in a car and are like “OMG THE G’s!” and thats strapped into a chair, with a helmet and neck brace on.

30. M3rc Nate says:

Yeah i don’t get that. That was a LONG plot that the writers wrote on purpose that end with “i just want us to be friends”.

Yes, multiple shows (Arrow, SHIELD, etc) are having highly unrealistic displays of ability in regards to their fighting skills. After like 3 months or even 12 months of training all of a sudden people (even worse females) become kick-butt Ninja’s who can take down professional (200lb) male henchmen.
    I buy that May can do what she does…given her age (aka years of experience/training) that’s 100% believable. But i think just about everyone has given up on fights looking anything CLOSE to reality on TV or in movies. They do not happen like that, they do not look like amazing martial arts displays where you are blocking and catching punches/kicks and what not. They are messy.

31. Leonardo says:

Christopher Walken was just…totally miscast. He’s just too old to be playing Captain Hook. Hook needs to be striking and evil and Walken just did not fit the bill.

32. Briggs says:

7 – If hanging with his childhood idols was also on that list, he can cross that off, too. :)

10 – He might have. Genius that he is. As for the floodlight… I just presume Central City is always under construction, but Barry thinking ahead works, too.

16 – Maybe he was going faster when he took Felicity directly to Star Labs and collected only her burning shirt? Personally, until someone starts complaining more about Oliver being shirtless every other ep, this didn’t have as much effect on me. But yes, Felicity totally needs to be BFFs with Caitlin. She’s stuck down in the Arrow Cave with three doses of testosterone, same as Caitlin, they can really relate to each other’s plight of being the only woman. I don’t watch Chasing Life, so I can’t comment on that.

33. LaPiquante says:

24. Wasn’t it nice to see The 100 revisit the dead-body-left-in-the-secret-hideout-bunker? My first concern when they left it there was its rapid-rotting capability, and I think they used it in Clarke & Finn’s storyline very impactfully. You can’t just leave a dead guy in the Art Supply Store and still use it as the Art Supply Store.

34. #4 I think it is VERY weird but I just can’t get enough of those two THEY HAVE SO MUCH CHEMISTRY and they both want to hate each other so much but deep down at one point in there relationship they both did actually love each other

35. Ella says:

#11 – Yes! HOW is Skye so capable at hand to hand combat now?! Totally not believable.

36. ANNA says:

#1 I actually stopped watching Grimm last season, but the fact that they’ve resulted to pulling a voo-doo body switching love twist just proves that they’re having to go to elaborate measures to make up for the fact that Nick’s actual love interest is soooo boring.

37. Luis says:

1. That was some seriously HOT “I’ll endure this bizarro three-way so you can get your magical powers back” sex. Well Done

10. Of course he registered with her site: email “speedygonzalez00@aol.con”