Exclusive

Glee Season 6 First Look: Dramatic New Poster Bids Farewell to McKinley

Glee Season 6 Art

Glee is preparing to take its final bow this January, and TVLine has an exclusive first look at the poster Fox whipped up for its big send-off season.

RELATED Exclusive Glee Wedding Scoop: Which Two Couples Are Saying ‘I Do’ in Season 6?

Making good use of Glee‘s iconic hand-L, the art takes fans back to the McKinley High School auditorium for one last look into the spotlight that so many gleeks have fought to stand in over the years.

Ready? OK, have a look:

Glee Season 6

RELATED Exclusive: Glee Adding Five Major New Characters in Season 6 (Including Gay Football Stud and Twin Cheerios)

The auditorium theme is also appropriate, as Glee‘s final season — premiering Friday, Jan. 9, at 8/7c — will largely take place where it all began: Lima, Ohio.

Following her failed attempt at a TV career, Rachel — with Kurt in tow — will return to McKinley to help revive New Directions; Mr. Schue is reportedly becoming the new coach of Vocal Adrenaline; and Blaine will head back to his own alma mater to help out the Warblers.

RELATED Glee‘s Lea Michele Confirms Frozen Cover in Season 6, Shares Set Photo

Meanwhile, a bevy of familiar faces — featured in our behind-the-scenes Season 6 gallery — will rotate in and out until it’s time for Glee‘s last curtain call.

What are you hoping to see in Glee‘s final season? Drop a comment with your wish list below.

1. Leah says:

I’m hoping to see quite a bit of Tina but spoilers don’t make it look so promising

• Tired says:

Well, if you wanted Tike back together, that’s a possibility now. :)

• Leah says:

I didn’t. tying tina down to a character played by an actor who is on the show even less than her won’t help her screentime.

• Tired says:

Sorry. It seems like people on Glee are only allowed to be happy if they’re in a romantic relationship. I really wish they’d stop using Tina as the butt of jokes, especially the ones about dating gay guys.

• Tim says:

Tina’s in 4 of the 8 filmed episodes so far. :P She even has a duet with Quinn in one of them.

• Aino Mäkelä says:

Not saying this as if I didn’t appreciate Tina as an independent woman – but GOSH I love Tike !!!! <3
      I really hope they get back together, that Mike appreciates her as she is and that the weird weepy/ gay man jokes are going to end.

2. KC says:

OMG – I’m not ready. So sad.

3. Carmen says:

As soon as the guy who threatened to kill Kurt is gone, I’ll watch the last few episodes for Kurt & Blaine.

• Marco says:

Aka Kurt and the guy who attempted to RAPE Kurt and never apologized for it. Klainers are disturbing…

• You mean, the guy who pressured him for LITERALLY TEN SECONDS and backed off when he realized that Kurt wasn’t into it, then in their very next scene together, said, “You were right, our first time shouldn’t be like that, I was drunk, and I’m sorry”?

• Joey says:

Such a pity that he used being drunk as an excuse for his actions when it is never an excuse for his actions.Also a pity that Kurt had to literally shove Blaine off of him, but go ahead and see what you want.

• Marco says:

Um, he didn’t back off, Kurt threw him off, and he went away all angry. Also, he tried to excuse it with the fact that he was drunk.

• Shazzer says:

I love Dave! Im excited to see him back and have him be comfortable with himself. I hope he gets with Blaine, since I never believed Kurt and Blaine as a couple….way too similar to one another.

4. Carmen says:

As soon as the guy who threatened to kill Kurt is gone, I’ll watch the last few eps for Kurt & Blaine.

• Tired says:

Forget it. The rest of the season will be a lost cause for Kurt/Blaine because of the ridiculously maddening plot contrivances of the first half.

5. KC says:

All I want is a Klaine wedding!

6. Heather says:

I’m hoping Brittana is all a dream.

7. Jacko says:

This show isn’t the same without Cory. It was going downhill anyway after S3, but the show is really not that good anymore and comes off sad, when thinking about what could’ve been if he were still alive. I’ll watch but I enjoyed his episodes the most. He is missed in every episode since he’s been gone and it’s obvious how needed he is. Now it’s all about the gay ships and the annoying fans cursing out the writers if they don’t like a spoiler or if something doesn’t go their own personal way.

• Britany says:

Agreed. I miss Cory and I enjoyed his episodes and hearing his voice the most.

• Kevin says:

The way they wrote Finn/Cory off so quickly showed that Lea/ Rachael never cared. When her star rose she dumped him. His death is on her hands. Don’t give a drink to an addict.

• Tracy says:

What are you talking about? Glee didn’t write Cory off until he died! They gave him some time off to go to rehab but they didn’t write him off! And Lea wasn’t with Cory on his last fatal trip to Vancouver so she had nothing to do with whatever choices he made there.

• Philip says:

yes. cory died. and it went downhill from there. but glee is still glee. a show that inspires not only children and teens, but also those who have lost hope of their dreams. my advice to everybody that thinks cory was the reason it went downhill, cry a river, build a bridge and get over it.

• Aliyah says:

I really agree with you and it’s not Ryan’s fault that Cory’s gone and think about putting yourself in her shoes she is never ever going to get the happy ending she should have gotten. I have no problem against the gay couples on the show and they deserve their happy ending as well. But I am sure it has been a long road for everyone. But it would be nice to see either kitty and Racel be partners is crime and or Marley and Rachel have a friendship. I hope that Carol Hudson and Rachel Berry have some moments together too. But I am sure that it has been supper hard for Ryan to give all of his characters the proper happy ending. But I hope Ryan can give Rachel a nice happy ending and giving her A proper ending and give her a chance to say her last goodbye to Finn.

8. jocelyn says:

I want Quinn and rachel to have a happy ending..together would be nice but we know that won’t happen. Anywho I want quinn to have independence and rachel to be old rachel… I want the rachel who fought for her solos and wanted to be on broadway. Put rachel berry back in Broadway. Make quinn have a happy ending. Also less Blaine and more of the minor characters (Tina, mike Chang, Mercedes, … Etc)

• Clarke says:

Lol yes, faberry ftw

• Faberry says:

If Quinn and Rachel don’t end up together, breaking Quinn and Puck up would be more than enough to make me happy. I’d rather they both be single rather than be with someone that doesn’t deserve them, since it’s pretty clear that a Faberry interaction isn’t going to happen on the show. Smh for Ryan. Faberry forever!

9. Mark says:

I’ll still watch any episode in which Blaine is hit by a bus. If that doesn’t happen… The show ended after season 2.

10. jocelyn says:

Also I am a faberry shipper and it would be nice to have at least one fabathroom scene (faberry+bathroom). Also I want Brittany to say “I’m so yours proudly so” in her wedding vows. #brittanaisendgame

• aine says:

OH MY GOD I totally need one more Faberry bathroom scene !

And maybe one more locker scene with Brittana? Something cute <3

11. joncuriel says:

I said goodbye after the 101th episode. Still can’t believe they decided to keep the focus on Blaine and Sam when they could have explored more of the original characters (Quinn, Puck, Mike, Tina) and now the sixth season looks like a big joke.
    Not watching unless Jenna Ushkowitz is on my tv screen.

12. ggny says:

So im still not 100% sure but are Marley,Kitty,Jake and them returning? Who are the ND students now?

• I read a spoiler that Sue made them all transfer to different schools so they wouldn’t try to restart the Glee club although I do think we will see Unique.

• Kitty is a recurring character and seems to be in about half of the epodpdes so far. Unique appeared once in what is probably a one time thing. Spoilers say that Sue forced all of the season 4 newbies to transfer to other schools after canceling glee club. Jacob has been seen pictured with other cast members at social events, but there’s nothing so far about him appearing, but I expext him to even if it’s a one time thing. Melissa and Blake are together now and he’s filming a movie out of the country so I don’t expect to see them back except maybe once at the end.

• Tired says:

There have been spoiled appearances by Kitty (who is apparently the only S4 returnee at McKinley) and Unique (in a one-off performance), but no word yet for Jake/Marley/Ryder. Ryder’s actor has been filming a movie in Austin for the past month, so who knows if he’ll be back.

13. KN says:

I know I’m probably the only one but I would like to see Shelby come back for this last season.

• Hannah says:

You’re not the only one! Wanna see her and Beth!

• Shlby Puerto says:

Yes Please! Bring myself back! hahaha. I wanna see her back together with Chenow

• Thomas says:

Same! and I want them to put emphasis on the old characters for the final season, not so much of Blaine or Sam. I wonder if Rachel will actually find love again or not. Although it might be too soon for her, but idk

• James says:

Oh God! This! I want to see a real talk between Idina’s character and Rachel. Something that reflects on all the mistakes that Rachel made in her career. Maybe in the last couple of episodes so she can return to her dreams again! It would be so nice! But I’m not getting my hopes up. Also, please, bring Kristen Chenoweth once more!

14. Lulu says:

Another batch of newbies, Bieste is all of a sudden transgender (after always being proud of being such a girl), Rachel & Kurt going back to Lima (never) and Blaine dating Karosky (he would date Rachel before he’d date someone who beat up Kurt). No wonder ppl are calling it “the season you’d have to be drunk to watch”

15. Stella says:

I can’t stop dreaming about the Brittana wedding. Finally they will have the plot they deserve on the show.

16. lindsey says:

Please let there be more glee. Glee is the one show I look up to it means so much to me

17. Grant Farkas says:

I hope to find Blaine & Kurt finally married and find happiness in
    each other and success in their careers and future together. Maybe adopt children or help people in some charitable way!

• Tired says:

They don’t give a rat’s patootie about Blaine’s career and have pretty much forgotten that Kurt needs substantial Broadway success to fulfill the other longstanding plot for him. And I’d rather not see Blaine as the SAHD who substitute teaches once the children are old enough. Erase the gender norms!

18. Kem says:

I want to see Blaine singing and dancing n my screen. He is my bright spot on the show. Glee is about bringing joy to your life. Mine is Blaine.

• Tired says:

Blaine’s my favorite too, Kem. I’ve decided to skip the last season because I really didn’t like season 5 for Blaine and season 6 sounds even worse. If you’re more of the shipping type, you might get a Klaine wedding with Rachel drama dominating the proceedings. That totally doesn’t sound like crumbs being dressed up as a full-size cake at all! If you’re only in it for Blaine himself, it might be best to write off the last season as non-canon and hope that Darren gets a much better TV gig later on.

19. slinehan05 says:

Unlike most people I’m really looking forward to season 6! I’m so sad it’s ending tbh, I hate the fact it is! Glee gets too much unnecessary hate these days, I liked seasons 4 & 5 and don’t understand why no one did! And we get Samchel and they’re my number 1 ship, closely followed by Brittana which we also get! So I’m going to enjoy and embrace this last season of my favorite show ever and I won’t let you haters stop me loving it! ✌✌✋👌🔥💩💪🙅💁😭😢😣☺😊😃😄

20. candice says:

Kurt or Blain get marry, quinn and her bf get marry and new director will all the show choirs but alot of today music

21. Chris Rodriguez says:

I want to see a Klaine wedding. It’s all I’ve dreamed about. Please make it happen.

• Tired says:

Okay, five second shot in a montage sung by Rachel wrapping up the show. That’s on the wishlist. Signed, Ryan and Brad.

22. Brooke Davis says:

#1 Klain can not break up

#2 mr schue needs to stay at McKinley

#3 blain can not go back to the warblers

#4 where ever Dave kerofski comes in he just need to get because Klain are soul mates and have to be together,
    This season is just making me sad and wanting to cry.

23. Shlby Puerto says:

– See and hear everyone sing a part of an epic song as their last song.
    – Girl Trio – Britt, Quinn, Santana
    – Epic Broadway Song – Kurt Leah
    – Epic Song from Amber Riley
    – And of course all of their solos and team-ups!

24. Chelsea says:

KLAINE WEDDING!!! All the couples back together..sorry but I’m a sucker for the couples as they were in Season 3..Santana and Brittany, Mike and Tina, Sam and Mercedes, Blaine and Kurt, Artie and Kitty and I’d like to see the Season 4 newbies again

• Leah says:

Kitty wasn’t in S3… also, it’s not realistic to have all the couples back together. Some of them haven’t spoken in years, some of them couldn’t make it work long-distance, some of them couldn’t even make it work living in the same space.

25. Danae says:

In your new Behind the Scenes Gallery, Chord Overstreet is captioned as Chris Colfer in a photo with Lea and Mark. Whoops!!

26. Pat says:

Sam needs to sleep with Blaine.

27. edwin says:

Kurt and Blaine marry, I think is one of the most anticipated events

28. Tvgeek says:

Jesse st.james! That’s all I want!

• Natali says:

I want Jesse too! Oh god, i wish he was back on the show! He and Rachel singing together!! ♡♡♡

• aine says:

I want him back !!!! His charisma is lovable and his boice is terrific !!! He could possibly be the someone for Rachel … better than Sam anyway. He has never been interested in Rachel, so why now ?

29. Julia says:

I want Rachel back on Broadway, Kurt kicking butt and taking names, happy Brittana, and a Samcedes and Artina reunion.

30. Tash says:

I am so excited for the Brittana wedding! Out of all the spoilers I have heard, that is the only one I liked. Blaine is dating Karofsky? Beiste is transsexual? Kurt and Rachel leaving Broadway for Lima? Some of the things happening next season are ridiculous, but I’ll still watch the show. I have been a fan since the first season and want to still be a fan until the last. I just miss Cory. I do think it would be so much different if he was there.

31. Carrie Sohn says:

I wish it end with Kurt and Blaine gets married because they are engaged,and puck and quinn get engaged than get married

32. Ernesta says:

I want everyone to get what they wanted. I want samcedes to get married. Also, I want everyone to meet up and do a big show together like old times.

33. Trish says:

I’d love to see Blaine & Kurt have their happily ever after! They really deserve it.

• Tired says:

What they deserve, but aren’t getting, is a story that doesn’t ruin their relationship, then through the magic of plot contrivance everything gets resolved and doves poop glitter on their wedding guests. I just hope for the Klainers’ sake that whatever crumbs are given to you will be somewhat satisfactory. It won’t do it for me, but maybe it will be okay enough for others. :)

34. Karen says:

Hoping to see more quality story lines and make it all about the music again. Hoping we get back to the wholesome feeling of the Glee club being a family

35. Tired says:

As for me, I want Mercedes and Unique to sing a duet, as well as Blaine+Mercedes, Santana+Kurt, Will+Rachel, Roderick+Santana or Roderick+Mercedes, Jane+Roderick, Rachel+Leroy, Rachel+Josh Groban, Beiste+Unique… basically a lot of new pairings.

36. kindabadbitch says:

In what universe would Blaine ever be with the man that bullied the man he loves??? In what universe would Kurt give up the school he worked his little tush off to get into??? In what universe is it okay to get absolutely new characters that don’t seem to be needed even in the slightest bit???? In what universe do we really need characters to get married at such a young age??? Since when do characters’ development rely on whom they are romantically involved with??
    love Glee… But I will be the first one to say that damn, do I wish it ended after ND won Nationals.

• J.B. says:

In the GLEE universe.

• Marco says:

In what universe would Kurt still be with the boy who raped him, who cheated on him because he was out there realizing his dream WHICH HE ENCOURAGED HIM TO DO, who trapped Kurt into an engagement with a public proposal? Ryan Murphy’s twisted wonderland, that’s the universe.

37. Kathy castro says:

Klaine wedding please

38. KLAINE WEDDING, KLAINE TOGHETER,KLAINE LIVING TOGHETER,NO TEARS NO DRAMA NO BREAK UP!!!!

39. Annette Kleitsch says:

I hope that I get to see at least of the power couples, Blaine and Kurt for example, get married. That would be a great add in the farewell season :)

40. cyrus says:

I wish finn is still there as part of glee. This musical tv show brought me to love music everyday. It always in my playlist. 😢:( what I wish for the last season is that new direction win the final battle for finn. I know that they already did this in season 5 but what i wanted to see is they will make a original composition of FRIENDSHIP SONG that they should dedicate to its whole cast and to all those people who supported and watch the entire season episodes. More original songs that will insipire equality and friendship. :))

41. Christine says:

A Klaine wedding and Rachel happy

42. Steph says:

I faced the final season with some hope after s5’s and it’s finale, but the hiatus spoilers and the silence regarding my favorite character and actor have made me wonder if I want to bother watching the final trip down the drain for Glee. I see ONE BTS picture of my favorite, Chris Colfer, and few enough of my other favorites.

The preliminary interviews with Ryan Murphy, Lea Michele and FOX’ own press release – all totally omitting any reference to Chris Colfer or Kurt have only reinforced this trepidation. Kurt Hummel (and later, Chris Colfer) were the reason I started watching Glee in the first place and are the only reasons I continued watching. Kurt/Colfer were the deal breakers: as long as they were in, so was I. Now, well, why bother? I’ve seen no s6 promo pics from the last gallery shoot for Colfer and 2 “official” BTS shots of him.

I find it hard to understand how a character and performer who was a significant contributor to the early success of Glee is so invisible in a season when the heavy emphasis is on the Klaine wedding before the end. An event for which I lost interest in mid s3 and s4, after Blaine’s character and the relationship was mangled. So is Kurt only to be an empty placeholder for an empty event?

Glee used to be about improving oneself while still being proud of the same. And about misfits who didn’t need to fit into the popular crowd. Instead, it’s morphed into the club for the few who have seldom been denied anything they wanted, regardless of how they pursued it Isabotage, temper tantrums, etc), with some very few exceptions. And, while some excellent and very sensitively handled episodes have continued to appear, they are rare and tributes to the remarkably talented cast and crew of the show (I have NEVER said that Colfer was the only talent; I have a great deal of respect for the entire cast and crew). But it’s no longer my Glee – and I don’t think this would have happened had Cory lived, either.

43. I wanna see more of Quinn and the old characters

44. Katie says:

The comments about Karofsky here are surprisingly (or maybe not, I don’t know) immature. Considering they come from shippers who are supporting a gay ship, the closed-mindedness has me extremely confused. Didn’t Karofsky go through a redemption arc, in which he cried to Kurt about being sorry, and didn’t Kurt forgive him? Didn’t he try to kill himself when he got outed against his will? Like, if you’re going to support a gay ship, then you should try to support all aspects of being gay, including those who started out hateful homophobic a-holes and then grew up. Karofsky is not the bully he used to be, and he deserves props for that. In fact, the issue I have with him dating Blaine is that it’s clearly just a temporary obstacle for Klaine. I mean, the guy’s already been rejected by Kurt, now he needs to add another rejection to his tally?

• Fernanda says:

Actually, if I think seriously, the story about how Blaine and Karofsky are end up together is interesting. But it’s sad for the writers not to give Kurt another love interest, but Blaine had a flirt with The Flash, slept with other guy and had fantasies with his best friend. Now he will have sex with the guy who also liked and hated to his ex boyfriend. I wanted to see Kurt with Adam on season 4 as a couple, but once again the writers are on Blaine’s side, not Kurt’s.

45. Ky says:

I can’t wait for Samcedes! They are my favorite characters on the show. Mercedes and Sam are always adorable and entertaining. When Mercedes sings to Sam my heart melts or when she sings about him. I hope they get back together. Happy Ending Being Endgame For Samcedes! ;)

46. Aubrey says:

I just want Samchel to happen <3 Rachel showed more concern about Sam's feelings than any of his ex's had actually never showed. Plus I think Rachel deserves happiness. Sam always treats his girlfriends in the best way. He is a total gentleman. I think they deserve each other.

47. Sharma says:

I hope everyone gets a happy ending especially Sam&Mercedes…

48. Ana says:

I want Jesse and Rachel back together again

49. Kirsten says:

I want more Jesse and Rachel plus Jean also pls

• Juliette Casault says:

kurt and blaine, sam and mercedes, tina and mike, puck and quinn and i want jesse back for good.

• jrdxs2 says:

Glee is one of my favorite shows….it has it’s reasons as EVERYBODY in the WORLD can see..it has had some epic seasons and episodes and some not so great ones…but it’s still Glee. I have watched it from the first episode till now and I will continue to watch it long after it is gone, my whole family loves it. saying that…..I really want there to be a FABERRY at least ending….come on..you cant have all that subtext and not have something there…I love Puck…but I feel Quinn is setting for him cuz she can’t have Rachel….of course I could be TOTALLY wrong…which im not!!