2015 People's Choice Awards: Grey's, Once, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Castle and Bones Among Nominees

The People's Choice Awards 2015 nominations

The People have spoken, and they really like Stefan, Damon and Elena and Meredith and Derek.

The Vampire Diaries and Grey’s Anatomy garnered the most nods as The People’s Choice Awards nominations were announced Tuesday. Each series nabbed six noms, with Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Castle and Bones clocking in close with five nominations apiece.

Other popular series named included Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory (four nominations each) and The Mentalist (three nods).

Mom stars Allison Janney and Anna Faris will host the live awards ceremony, which will air on CBS on Wednesday, Jan. 7, at 9/8c.

A complete rundown of the nominations is below.

Favorite TV Show

Lucy Liu
Mariska Hargitay
Robin Tunney
Stana Katic

Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show
Beauty and the Beast
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Once Upon a Time

Favorite Competition TV Show
America’s Got Talent
Dancing with the Stars
Hell’s Kitchen
MasterChef
The Voice

Favorite Daytime TV Host(s)
Ellen DeGeneres

Betty White
Katey Sagal
Mark Harmon
Tim Allen
Tom Selleck

Favorite TV Duo
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel (Bones)
Ginnifer Goodwin & Josh Dallas (Once Upon a Time)
Jared Padalecki & Jensen Ackles (Supernatural)
Nathan Fillion & Stana Katic (Castle)
Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries)

Favorite TV Character We Miss Most
Dr. Cristina Yang played by Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy)
Dr. Lance Sweets played by John Francis Daley (Bones)
Hershel Greene played by Scott Wilson (The Walking Dead)
Leslie Shay played by Lauren German (Chicago Fire)
Neal Cassidy played by Michael Raymond-James (Once Upon a Time)

Favorite Actor In A New TV Series

The Mysteries of Laura
NCIS: New Orleans
Red Band Society
Scorpion
Stalker

1. Madison says:

Im kinda surprised Arrow wasn’t nominated for anything.

2. Riana says:

I’m surprised The Flash only got one nomination

3. Jessica says:

All the Grey’s Anatomy nominations in the 11th season. YES.

Will vote over and over for Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey.

4. Tran says:

Don’t know why The Blacklist wasn’t nominated for anything.

5. Tedi says:

Very excited Hayden Panettiere got a nomination, she and Jonathan Jackson are the best part Nashville

6. androme3 says:

To everyone wondering why some great shows aren’t nominated, or have gotten less noms than once thought; and bad shows get plenty of nominations.
    I have three letters: C. B. and S.

7. RedReddington says:

Wow..nothing for The Blacklist. Not even James Spader (which is a crime in itself) I’m really surprised. 😐

8. ninamags says:

GD. Those minions must have been hella busy on their computers. One of those actors on Favorite SciFi/Fanstasy category has barely any screen time.

Pathetic. Should have been Amell, or Gustin or the dude from Grimm.

• Carlos says:

Misha Collins is a great actor!

• Barbara Lee says:

No. He’s a POPULAR actor.

• Niejan says:

Agreed, but Misha Collins, Amell and Gustin are basically all on the same level. Amell is a popular actor as well; have you checked his Facebook page? You should.

Anyhow, I’m not biased at all…don’t look at my profile pic.

• ninamags says:

You are kidding, right??

I had NEVER heard of Collins before this show. Amell and Gustin have been involved in other acting jobs. Gustin can even sing, for Pete’s sake!

I think you seriously misunderstood my comment.

• ninamags says:

HA!! It’s hysterical that you knew exactly who I was referring to without naming names.

• Carlos says:

Your profile pic tells me you’re a fan of SPN. Why are you upset Misha is nominated? I knew which actor you were talking about cause he’s the one with the least screen time. Does that make him a bad actor?

• Tracy says:

I agree. When you see Misha give an interview you can see how different he is from Castiel! Also, compare normal Cas to crazy Cas or hippie Cas or tormented Cas; Collins has acting chops!

• Carlos says:

Supernatural should’ve been nominated for best TV show!

• Niejan says:

“I had NEVER heard of Collins before this show. Amell and Gustin have been involved in other acting jobs.”

It’s not about how popular these actors once were, but how popular they are right now…present day. Just check Tumblr, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook for that.

9. S says:

No “Mindy Project” anywhere?! How is that even possible? And character we miss most omitting Will from “The Good Wife”?! Further proof that PCA have no relevance to how I watch TV.

10. Alex says:

Yay Stana Katic ! But no Tatiana Maslany ?

11. wil says:

Orphan Black was totally robbed.

12. Grey says:

“…with Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Castle and Bones clocking in close with five nominations apiece.”

I’m only counting four for “Castle.” What’s the fith one? Other sites are only showing four nominations as well. ????

13. Valkyrje says:

Yay, Craig Ferguson!

• S. says:

I know! So happy for Craig. Give the man his PCA. The Emmys have no respect but the public does. All those people going on his show can’t help but say how sad they are to lose him and beg him to stay. Joel McHale did it ust last night.

• Angela says:

Exactly (ah, Joel and Craig chatting away never fails to make me happy. I’d watch a movie starring the two of them having wacky adventures, I really would :D). Makes me very happy to see him nominated-here’s hoping he actually WINS for once.
        In other show news, yay, “Bates Motel” and “Criminal Minds” (and Shemar Moore) as well. Will be rooting for them, too. And I’ll be curious to see how the “favorite new show” battle pans out-between “The Flash”, “How to Get Away with Murder”, and “Gotham” in particular that could be a rather tight race.

14. HeatherC says:

Yay for the Grey’s love but Chicago Fire is another show that also got three nominations (WOOT!) so yay for them too! I don’t usually pay much attention to this awards show but I’m very happy for all the GA and CF nods. I’m EXTREMELY excited though that MRJ got the nomination for Neal on OUAT!! He probably has no chance to win in a tough category but I am SO happy that he made the final cut! That’s awesome!! =D

15. Cass says:

Beauty and The Beast. Seriously? Elsewhere, TVD is a trainwreck. The Originals is much better, IMO.

16. Jennifer says:

Very happy for the OUAT cast, especially Michael Raymond-James. That almost makes up for Lana Parrilla and Robert Carlyle being overlooked. Almost.

17. Carlos says:

Supernatural should’ve been nominated for best TV show. After 10 amazing years. J2 for favorite duo, SPN for best fantasy network tv show and Jared, Jensen or Misha for best TV fantasy actor!! 10 seasons and counting!

18. dude says:

Nothing for Sophia Bush? I know these awards mean nothing but WTF?

• Guest says:

I think PCAs mean more that the Emmys or GG bcoz the public actually vote for their fav unlike the prestigious awards

19. Abby says:

No matter who/what gets nominated, this show is terrible and never worth the watch. Last year I tried, just to see how the 2 Broke Girls did as hosts, but no matter what they did, the production quality was so below any reasonable quality bar that I had to end their (OK my) misery and shut it off.

20. Sara says:

Grey’s Anatomy/Ellen and Patrick :)

21. Jan says:

Sorry not to see The Good Wife or The Fosters anywhere.

22. starship says:

Since when is White Collar a dramedy?

23. Erin says:

Suits???

24. Netty says:

I’m really happy for TVD , I am also surprised to see Nina and Ian be nominated for TV duo esp after all the hate they get..TVD still remains my guilty pleasure even with last season’s terrible plot.
    And I was really hoping for more Scandal cast to be nominated Tony, Scott and Bellamy.

25. Netty says:

On Characters we miss most I was hoping for Joffery GOT, I miss hating him.

26. johnny says:

What?! No Grant Gustin? No Arrow noms?

27. India says:

Nothing for The Originals!!!
    Very happy for SOA ,Charlie Hunnam and TVD & cast

28. Mary Barlow says:

I’m glad that Supernatural finally got some nomiees after all these years.

29. Dan the critic says:

The Amazing Race not only should have been nominated, it should have won

30. Niejan says:

Viola Davis all the way. She’s brilliant in HTGAWM.

31. Joe says:

The Big Bang Theory got three nominations, Two and A Half Men got one and Modern Family got four while Veep, Fargo, The Good Wife, and Silicon Valley got none.

Someone tell the teenage girls who vote for this to start recognizing quality over who is better looking

32. KC says:

Lots of great nominations this year.
    I’m glad The Flash got nominated – it will get my vote!

Also, Chris Colfer is the only (I believe) one to get on the final ballot with write in votes only – quite an accomplishment!

• Kristin says:

Nope. Misha Collins was a write in for sci-fi actor also. Proudly part of that campaign.

Supernatural for favorite show, Jensen & Jared for duo, and Misha for actor. It’s not that the Js don’t deserve it too, and nothing would make this fan & minion happier than to have a 3 way tie, but voting this way, everyone wins.

Hope this is the last year for TVD, and it ends by Sam & Dean rolling into Mystic Falls in the impala… Enough said.

33. If you don’t vote for Craig Ferguson, Geoff will watch you while you sleep.

34. Kristin Cook says:

Yes, TV comedy actress category didn’t include anybody from Glee. Glee is not a comedy. If anything, it belongs in dramedy. I’m not sure Suits & WC are considered a dramedy, then again someone things Glee is a comedy show. So glad to see Jared & Jensen in fav duo. SPN deserves more credit. A lot of great noms.

35. Joey Padron says:

Happy my favorite actors & shows got nominated!

36. K says:

Alyssa Milano was amazing this season of Mistresses. Such great acting from her! Sad to see her leave.

37. Tracy says:

Supernatural should be nominated for Best Show in addition to being nominated for Best SciFi show! Best new show – Scorpion by a mile!

38. Tracy says:

Favorite SciFi/Fantasy Actor? No contest – Jensen Ackles! No one else can compare!

39. Briggs says:

I think Arrow not getting noms is okay. I mean, it’s not like they’re bothered by it, in particular Amell, who’s stated that it doesn’t matter to him. So I’m okay with it, so long as the show is still good.
    Though The Flash is nominated for New Show, so I’m proud. :)

40. melinda says:

Seriously!? No nominations for The Mindy Project? Are you kidding?

41. Miranda says:

This is what happens when you leave it up to the ‘People’ I guess. This and a GOP-run Senate. Good job, America!

42. raagini says:

why wasn’t Arrow nominated. its the best show

43. rms1994 says:

Why in the world is Arrow never nominated but Agents of SHIELD keeps getting nominated?
    It’s not even a fanboy argument at this point: Arrow gets the better critical/viewer ratings, even if its numbers don’t match up, it’s consistently been considered the better show.

Why is SHIELD even getting nominated at all? s2 is better than s1 but it still isn’t anything special, so I seriously have to chalk this up to Marvel hype or something.

44. shola says:

Theres only one question to ask WHERE IS THE ORIGINALS”

• Klaus says:

My thoughts exactly. The Originals is by far the superior show than TVD. More and more fans are tuning out TVD and jumping to the Originals. Joseph Morgan on his worst day is still a better Actor than anyone on TVD, this the biggest BS and this award show is just BS. I was going to watch, but the hell with that…no thanks. Hope this is the last season for TVD (so Caroline can move to the Originals)

45. Megan says:

I’m glad the flash was nominated I love it.

46. Ling says:

How is it possible that the originals and reign aren’t nominated for anything? Ridiculous.

47. john jr says:

Why isn’t The Walking Dead nominated for a favorite in a category.

48. john jr says:

Nevermind, I see it was…sorry

49. mia says:

WHERE’S WOODY HARRELSON AND JOSHUA RYAN HUTCHERSON!?!?!?!?
    (Josh hutcherson i use his full name cuz my friends name is josh)
    but thats kinda surprising considering how AWESOME and HILARIOUS they are!!
    do you guys agree or is it just me?