The Good Wife Photos: Is Diane's Big 'Move' Paying Off? Plus: First Look at David Hyde Pierce

Message Discipline

Alicia Florrick is in the hot seat — at her local CBS affiliate, to be exact.

In new, first-look photos from The Good Wife‘s Nov. 2 episode (9:30/8:30c on CBS), the newly christened candidate for State’s Attorney sits down opposite legal commentator Frank Prady (four-time Emmy winner David Hyde Pierce). As TVLine reported in August, the Frasier vet’s character will find himself “so disgusted by the corruption and murder rate in Chicago that he decides to run for office.”

CBS’ logline for the installment, titled “Message Discipline,” reads as follows: “While preparing his case against Cary, Finn discovers a potentially devastating piece of evidence, which could have ramifications for Alicia and Peter. Meanwhile, Eli becomes wary when a new prospective candidate emerges in the race for State’s Attorney.”

Hmmm… Sounds like Alicia won’t just have James Castro to give her agita come election day.

Speaking of Cary, we’ve also got photos of Alicia’s embattled legal partner back in court — and ADA Polmar appears to have a new ally in his corner: Peter’s old pal Ramona Lytton (Connie Nielsen).

Lastly, do you Good Wife aficionados notice anything familiar about the preview images of Diane, Alicia and Cary in a conference-room setting? First of all, there are doors left and right — and a decided lack of exposed brick. Either the Lockhart-Gardner ex-pats have business with their old firm, or maaaaybe Diane is about to come out on the winning end of her lease dispute with the deliciously awful David Lee and Louis Canning. (If that’s the case, we’ll kinda miss the leaky pipes, cockroaches and occasional visits from that homeless guy in the bathroom, to be honest.)

Click through the gallery below for all these images and more — then hit the comments with your best theories and observations!

1. Emily says:

David Hyde Pierce is Tobey Maguire in 20 years

2. Sarah F says:

That’s totally Lockhart Gardner offices. The little white dots on the glass windows are the same from when Diane walked past them in last nights episode on her way to see David Lee. And the TV behind Diane at the conference table…

3. Mike R. says:

A part of me will miss the bricked office space, I mean crappy it was but it had a charm and I loved it to be honest, but alas moving to LG space will really how how far FAL has come since last season and I’m excited to see Diane fight to get them moved in.

4. Hayes says:

So a startup firm can magically afford to lease prime office space? Okay then. I kinda like the exposed brick…

• Edward says:

I understand your point but having Diane come on board I consider them to be a lucrative startup at best. She keeps touting about her 38 million dollar clientele so i don’t think think it’s too far off to believe that they can afford new space.

5. Joe says:

Such an awesome show – best cast and writing on TV!!!

6. Via Bona says:

Love DHP since his “Frasier” days. I’m looking forward to seeing more of the case unfold involving Cary, as well.
    This—“While preparing his case against Cary, Finn discovers a potentially devastating piece of evidence, which could have ramifications for Alicia and Peter.” —has me definitely intrigued. Especially the ‘devastating’ and ‘ramifications for Alicia and Peter’ part. Are the ramifications negative (or ‘devastating’ for those two? Since they are separated in the sentence I’m thinking it may be devastating for someone else, and also impact P & A.
    No offense to MJF, who seems like a great actor and guy, but LC just is my least favorite character on the show, tbh. On the other hand, David Lee is deliciously fun, and always will be, to watch. So if they are indeed in the LG offices again (and I really hope they are) I hope to see more DL interaction than LC.
    I agree with missing everything, but the roaches—I draw the line at those. *shudders* thanks for an interesting bit of news. :)

7. Lucy says:

“Speaking of Cary, we’ve also got photos of Alicia’s embattled legal partner back in court”
    Thank God. I fear he was becoming a footnote at his own firm again.