Ratings: Miss America Hits Low, Unforgettable and Big Brother Dip

Miss America Ratings

ABC’s broadcast of this year’s Miss America competition on Sunday night drew 6.7 million total viewers and a 1.5 demo rating, down 22 and 25 percent versus a year ago (where, yes, it also went up against football) and hitting an all-time broadcast low.

RELATED Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop and Photos From 42 Returning Favorites

Speaking of “the ol’ pigskin,” NBC Sunday Night Football this week delivered 19.4 million total viewers and a 7.6 demo rating (per fast nationals likely to adjust up), down just a bit from last Sunday’s prelim numbers while up from last season’s Week 2 (49ers/Seahawks).

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Premieres

Over on CBS, Big Brother (7.3 mil/2.2) added a few eyeballs but dipped two tenths in the demo week-to-week, while the yet-to-be-renewed Unforgettable‘s season-ending double-pump — which didn’t wrap until nearly midnight (!) in this nape of the woods — is looking at (very roughly) 6 million viewers and a 1.0 rating (based on partial, scrambled numbers), currently down 14 percent and a tenth.

Fox’s broadcast of two unaired American Dad! episodes averaged 2.6 mil and a 1.3, up a tenth from its last fresh episode. The animated series now moves to TBS on Oct. 20.

NEXT SUNDAY: CBS’ Madam Secretary and The Good Wife premiere

1. dj says:

You mean people still watch Miss America? Silly shows.

• Brigid says:

Yes people still watch an American Intsitution that has given countless scholarships to young women. The real issue is that people watch Big Brother. Talk about silly.

• jordan says:

Um excuse me you better calm that down. I watch big brother and I doubt you have even given it a chance so don’t speak. I don’t criticize what you watch.

2. bj says:

Since Unforgettable ran so late it will probably pick up a lot of viewers when DVR viewers are added in. I was up till nearly 1 watching it in my time zone.

• Moment says:

I wouldn’t worry much, I’m pretty sure CBS will renew it regardless of this episodes numbers. It’s the perfect summer filler show and has 48 episodes under its belt. It won’t take much to get it to 88 episodes.

3. Maryann says:

I’m not surprised Unforgettable was down. First they reschedule it for nine thirty, then force viewers to sit through twenty minutes of the horrendous Big Brother to get to the start of a two hour block. People who have to work the next day don’t necessarily want to sit through a ten to midnight block no matter how much they love the show. Let’s see what the show does in live + 3. And…uh…this just reinforces the fact that I will be watching absolutely NOTHING live on CBS on Sunday nights this fall.

• Vi says:

I watched one on my DVR. The 2nd one cut off so didn’t even start that one. Have to wait until CBS puts it on demand which could be a day later or in some cases a week later. Love cbs shows, but they make it hard to watch if you aren’t watching live.

4. ninamags says:

What were the ratings for the PBS special about the Roosevelts?

Teddy was a warmonger! That was surprising.

5. Paolo says:

I think there’s another unaired episode of American Dad. ;)

6. arial2 says:

Of course Unforgettable finished lower. When you put your 9PM show on after many have gone to sleep, numbers will fall. Is this just CBS’s way of justifying a probable cancellation? Too bad because the show was getting good again.

7. Miffy says:

Miss America? It’s a war on women!