White Collar's Final Season (Finally) Gets Premiere Date, 'Shocking' Ending

White Collar Final Season

USA Network has, at long last, announced that White Collar will premiere its sixth (and yes, final), six-episode season on Thursday, Nov. 6 at 9/8c, where it will lead into Covert Affairs Season 5B.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Castle and 44 Other Returning Faves

“From its inception, White Collar captured a massive and loyal following, in large part due to the incredible on-screen chemistry between Matt [Bomer] and Tim [DeKay], who deserve credit for one of the most brilliantly performed ‘bromances’ in all of television,” USA Network president Chris McCumber said in a statement. “The series also benefited from smart writing and an extraordinarily talented supporting cast, who helped it become a fan favorite crime drama for five straight years. This season will not disappoint, with an exciting and shocking ending that fans will never forget.”

RELATED White Collar Creator reveals the Final Season’s Focus

Adds series creator Jeff Eastin: “Saying goodbye to White Collar — and Neal and Peter — after six successful seasons is incredibly difficult, but I couldn’t be prouder of what our entire team has accomplished over the last six years. I’m grateful to FTVS and USA for giving the show a great home, and I can’t wait for fans to see the twists, surprises and phenomenal performances our final season has in store for them.”

What are your wishes and hopes for White Collar’s farewell run?

1. GeoDiva says:

Finally! I need my Matt Boomer!

2. Patrick says:

Now that she is a much bigger star, and since she has a summer blockbuster to promote next summer, I bet they bring back Neal’s great love, played by Alexandra Daddario. She and him will ride off into the sunset together next when this thing ends.

• smackin6 says:

Oh, I certainly hope you are right, Patrick! This is my great hope too. I guess we’re just hopeless romantics.

• dvmom says:

I agree, I would love for them to bring Kate back and let her and Neal have a happy ending!

• BeaAnn says:

I’m in the opposite camp. Kate’s been gone too long and Neal hasn’t even mentioned her in a very long time. I don’t care about Neal getting with her. But I would like a happy ending for him. Just with someone new. Or just him and Mozzy!! LOL.

• Patrick says:

Regardless of Kate, or any romantic entanglement, I would love for Neal and Mozzie to continue to help the FBI. I think that is where too many tv shows get the finale wrong. We don’t want the main core split up, or doing something different. We want to be able to pretend that our favorite characters are still having their adventures, only we aren’t seeing them.

• Annette says:

I like your idea. I’d definitely like to think they are still having their adventures–however, Neal is now free of his anklet and Sarah has returned and the two hook up again. I can’t forget his proposal atop the Empire State Building. That was true love…

• wordsmith says:

I wouldn’t say no to more Alexandra Daddario on my TV, but didn’t they pretty clearly blow her up in a massive plane explosion?
      I’m sure they could find a way to undo that if they wanted to, but it would take some serious storytelling acrobatics.

• SonOfCoul says:

There’s no Bringing Kate back…..We all literally saw her explode. There was no ambiguity about her death, whatsoever. I know TV shows often find ways to bring back characters long thought to be dead, but in this situation, it would not be the least bit plausible.

• David4 says:

Someone never watched the House finale did they?

• Nina says:

I see what you mean. But in this case it would kinda work because Kate was a good con and they have sufficiently established that she was expert at disappearing when she wanted to. Maybe she’s been biding time until Neal is free of the anklet?

• JBC says:

Interesting.. she was expert at disappearing..could even see her disappearing because someone threatened to kill her Neal if she didn’t.. Cool!

• Stand4something says:

Yea, i would actually be pissed if they went through the trouble of bringing Kate back. Too many shows attempt to pull off things like that, and it never really ends up working. At least in my opinion anyway. I would not be the least bit surprised however, if they killed off either Neal, or Peter. With one of them sacrafising themselves for the other in some fashion. But if neither of them go, Mozzy or Elizabeth will. Its a finale, someones going to die lol.

• HAP says:

I assume you are referring to San Andreas. I know it’s off topic, but Daddario portrays the daughter of Dwayne Johnson and Carla Gugino in that move. Johnson is 42, Gugino is 43 and Daddario is 28. Teen parents?

• Nina says:

Oooh I love the idea of Neal finally reuniting with his true love. But honestly there has been so much water under the bridge since her death. It’ll be hard to show it realistically. But I won’t complain if it happened kwim?

• SMcMary says:

I know I’m in the minority but I really never liked Kate as a character. I don’t know if it was the writing or how the actress portrayed her but she always seemed to be more of an illusion than an actual person. I believe the show and Neal have moved on. I think the last time her name was even mentioned was in the season 4 finale when Neal’s father mistook Sara for her. And that scene was played more for laughs. So no offense to the Neal/Kate fans but I hope they don’t bring her back. As for the ending itself, I have a few theories that will probably all be wrong LOL The one I’m leaning towards the most is that Peter will find something incriminating on the FBI and, unbeknownst to Neal, will use it as a bartering chip to get Neal his freedom. I think it would be an interesting role reversal from last season. How it all comes about and how they fit in this international crime ring AND do it all in six episodes will be the real shocking part. Regardless, I hope Peter and Neal are still a part of each others’ lives (and Elizabeth and Mozzie too). I might not agree with USA’s decision to cancel it but the president is absolutely right about Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay. Their chemistry and performances made the show and I’ll miss seeing them in these roles.

• Jayme IamSpiderman says:

I’m predicting something goes really bad and Elizabeth gets dragged into it, Neal saves the day and her and her babys lives then the FBI tries screwing Neil again so Peter sides w Neil and they pull a big con together and all end up on a tropical island sipping their umbrella drinks on the beach lol and all live happily ever after

3. Delante says:

Bout time!!

4. 6episodes is not enough they could at least given it 13.

5. sheila bleiman says:

my hysband and i wish it would continue please do another few season the guys are terrific and so is moz

6. Andrew Hass says:

I can’t wait to see how White Collar end and i think it’s good the season only has 6 episodes because now the show will focus on the important things like resolving all the loose ends.My maybe the show will bring back Neal’s dead girlfriend Kate and she and Neal reunite.That way Neal gets a happy ending.

7. Kristina says:

My wish is they’d give it a decent episode order!! The show is fantastic and while I know it has to end sometime, I don’t understand the shortened season at all :( Looking forward to it regardless.

8. Anees says:

shocking ending that fans will never forget

That’s not always a good thing. Case in point: HIMYM

• John NYC says:

Amen, let the “creativity” run a little too wild and you smack into some big walls….

• rowan77 says:

The problem with HIMYM wasn’t that they let creativity run amok, it was that the creator decided at the very beginning of the first season how he wanted to end the series and stuck to that instead of following the organic changes the series took. It was lack of creativity that ruined the end of HIMYM.

• Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

No, the problem with HIMYM was that people like you gave too much attention to the wrong plot points and complained every time the show went back to Robin and Ted thereby trying to create your own direction for the show and completely missing what was staring you in the face the entire time.

• I got feeling that the ending won’t be the wildest ending that the writer is writing about.

• rowan77 says:

People like me? Find one time online throughout the run of the series that I went and complained about anything.

I am not that kind of viewer. I let the show run it’s course, but the last episode was such a misstep that even the cast have said it was a bad ending,

Don’t confuse me with those hysterical, screaming-mimis who think they own the show and the characters. The creator of the show admitted that he had the ending all worked out back in the very beginning and it’s pretty obvious to everyone, that not deviating from that decade old idea was a mistake – as witnessed by them shooting another ending where Ted DOESN’T end up with Robin.

• Gus T.T. Showbiz says:

The cast never badmouthed the finale. IMO, they went way overboard with praising the finale. The closest thing to a criticism was by Allison Hannigan when she said that the finale was too short and needed the extra scenes that had to be cut due to time constraints. I know that the creators had the ending worked out years in advance, in fact it had planned from basically the beginning. But, just becuase a vocal minority comes online and continually bemoans the ending doesn’t mean that it was a misstep. The alternate ending was not reshot, it was a re-edit of existing footage, not to fix a mistake on their part but, to appease those that were unhappy and give as many people as possible an ending that they would be happy with. For most people that is the finale that aired. For others it is the ending that was edited and posted on YouTube. But, everyone involved in creating the finale has stood by it.

• Nicola says:

Why must finales always be “shocking”? Couldn’t they just aim for satisfying and happy? What would be wrong with that? Series that go for the shock value in their finales just make me never want to watch them again. Take a leaf out of Rob Thomas’ book and give the people what they want!

• JBC says:

The President of USA network said it was shocking, those are the same people that would have cancelled things at Neal’s kidnapping if FoxtvStudios didn’t fight for the closing episodes.. Matt Bomer said the finale would be satisfying for the fans.. I believe Matt since he partially crafted the ending..

• Sharon says:

Amen to that. I can no longer even watch HIMYM reruns knowing how they botched that ending SO badly. Hopefully shocking does not necessarily mean sad. I will truly miss the show and all it’s characters, especially Mozzie. If it has to end, let’s hope it’s a happy ending….

9. Bridget says:

I am sad that White Collar is ending, I’m just glad I get a series ending. I will miss this show.

10. John NYC says:

Because I’m really fond of the character I’d love for Neal to have that happily ever after ending. But he’s SUCH an inveterate scoundrel I can’t see it organically.

Here’s hoping I’m wrong.

11. Leanna says:

I think that somehting will happen that shakes Peter’s faith in the FBI and he will quit law enforcement and Neal will team up and become partners in crime!

12. cdhaskell says:

I can’t wait to see the final White Collars season and started to save my money to buy the complete season.

• Baileigh says:

So I am wondering then if season five won’t be released on DVD sometime before Nov 6? Or will they just wait and release the entire series after season 6 has concluded?

13. Bonnie Maynes says:

I don’t want it to end but if it has to please give me a happy ending.

14. Anees says:

Maybe Neal will fake his death and become a lumberjack.

15. just a fan says:

great show, sorry to see it go….loved it…Hope all do well…..

16. Ruth says:

I wish we could have gotten a full season!

17. Grey says:

I think there should be a TV rule that if something is less than 13 episodes it can’t be called a “season.” I’ve seen mini-series with more than 6 episodes. Give me a break. By these standards the original “Roots” would qualify as a “long running TV series.” [Eye roll.]

18. Elf says:

What I want is the “Young Mozzie Chronicles” spinoff.

19. Pat says:

I have been a fan of this show from the very beginning, and I must say that I am sad to see it coming to an end. Now,MDWith that said——What the Heck does a Shocking Ending mean? Please, do not let it be a death to any of the characters, except the bad ones. Please let this be a happy series finale. As for Neal, I am going to miss those gorgeous eyes.

20. I love White Collar; have watched if from the very beginning, and will hate to see it end. Please, whatever plot line you choose, don’t kill off the main characters of whom we have become so fond!!!! Let them all ride off into the sunset to enjoy the rest of their lives in peace!

• JBC says:

They have killed off Kate, Ellen, & Hale good ones.. & Adler, Hagen, Senator Pratt bad ones.. I doubt they will kill anyone of our White Collar regulars..

21. John Line says:

If If they are saying shocking ending, my bet is Neal goes back to jail or one of the leads dies. It wouldn’t surprise me if the writers and producers shove it up everyones collective rear ends.

22. mewp12 says:

I really like this show. I wish it could go on longer.

23. Hmm says:

I wish they would bring back Alex (Gloria Votsis) because I really loved her.

24. Sue Herrin says:

I’m sorry to see it go. I hope Neal finally earns his freedom. This is one of the smartest TV series ever shown. Our household has never missed an episode.

25. tvgeek says:

I hope they don’t bring back Sara. Never liked her and Neal as a couple.

26. Joey Padron says:

So happy final season will premiere in november and not next year. Can’t wait to see new episodes!

27. lynn says:

PLEASE STAY !!!! MY HUSBAND & I LOVE THE SHOW AND ALL THE CHARACTERS. WHAT A SHAME TO LOSE A GOOD PROGRAM ONLY TO HAVE SI-FI;REALITY;SUPERHEROS ETC. GREAT TV WITH INTERESTING STORY LINES IS FAST BECOMING A THINK OF THE PAST…..HOW SAD IS THAT? BOO HOO BUT THANKS FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL PROGRAMMING.

28. Kat says:

Shocking ending, huh? Sounds a lot like someone might be dying… maybe dying a hero (saving someone), but it still sounds a lot like it…

I can’t help but remember the series finale of “Burn Notice” (same channel, right?) and we did lose a very well loved character in the end (at least to me well loved) and some “we have to fake our death to start over” thing, but I really hope that won’t happen to WC. I really want this show to have a happy ending – as much as this is possible for this show…

29. Doris says:

I really hate to see it end! I have never missed an episode. I also love Covert Affairs and hope it wont meet the same fate. Plus I want to see Augie and Annie back together and get rid of that FBI lady!

30. pat says:

i watched it all the time until I found out Mat was gay..just took the idea of him being this charismatic guy away (for women anyway); too many other good series to watch!

• John NYC says:

When I found out Nathan Fillion was, you know, Canadian, I had a similar trial and then I had this epiphany: they call it acting for a reason….

Michael Weatherly is deliriously happily married yet his character portrayal on NCIS is very much not. Actors private lives are too far off the stage to have a lot of significance. For me anyway.

• Brittney says:

WOW. So are you are of the belief that gays can only play gay? Its called acting! Look at any character on TV. The actor playing them is not exactly like their character. The more different they are the more impressive I find them. Finding out about Matt’s sexuality shouldn’t chance your opinion of Neal Caffrey. If you found him charming before you still should after.
      I happen to love Matt’s portrayal of Neal. And that opinion hasn’t changed.
      Such an ignorant comment

• Connie Edwards says:

So, are you speaking on behalf of women everywhere? You certainly aren’t speaking for me–I watched the show for the story and the acting–and the actors. I don’t give a rip who is or isn’t gay–but, I sure hate stupid people who come out with idiotic and biased remarks–you really can’t fix stupid, and thank you for proving that point. Go watch Duck Dynasty, something tells me that’s your speed…..

• Nina says:

My son was disappointed to learn that Matt who plays Neal isn’t a conman in real life! But most of us adult fans of the show know the difference between fantasy and reality. Thankfully you are in the minority.

31. Creekmore says:

I would love to see Peter and his wife have a baby and Neal to get back with Alex and get married…Happily ever after like in fairy tales. They are Both such great actors whose friendship is still evolving…..

32. Dr. M says:

You know what I don’t want? A surprising and shocking ending.
    Considering forgetting about the final season.

33. Nina says:

So happy, finally we have a date! I’m super excited because Matt has come up with the finale storyline. I’m so eager to see how Matt views Neal. I do think the ending may be shocking but in a fun way. Can’t wait!

34. susan says:

U.S.A. are you reading what people are saying about one of the best shows you have. I still cant believe you are so stupid to be canceling such a good show. If you are too poor to produce the show why don’t you sell it to a channel who can afford it. Iam sure theres someone out there who has the smarts to want it.

35. Ethel says:

At least we are getting an ending from this show on USA network as compared to what another certain cable network tends to do with their shows. Yes, A&E, I am looking at you!!

36. Ronald Gold says:

I would like to see the series end with Neal and Mozzy finding the treasure they are looking for and leaving the country to live out their lives in luxury (or until the next great scam comes along), and Peter getting the promotion he deserves and moving to Washington with his wife.

37. I hope the season resumes on Netflix!

38. Cate Correa says:

that Mozie finds true love

39. zaib says:

I want them to bring sara back for neal because they look so perfect with each other

40. JoAnn says:

If White Collar is so successful why is it ending after only 6 sessions not even the 12-18 episodes of the networks?

41. CHRIS SIZEMORE says:

This is bullsh$ why do all the great shows get canceled!!! Found out with in the past week 3 of my favorite shows have been and will be cancelled! Intelligence, Almost Human, and now White Collar! Makes you not wanna watch tv, you get so attached to the show, the characters and the story lines and then they go and canceled them for stupid reasons .

42. Seth says:

I predict that the ending will involve Neal getting a full unconditional pardon and his record wiped clean, leading Neal to become the next head of White Collar, with Peter moving to Washington, DC…

• Linda says:

I don’t think Neal will ever get pardoned – bureaucratic BS. And since over the past 5 years, they have continuously said that “Neal is a criminal and will always be one,” and you really cannot change the spots on a leopard, I think it will end with Neal and Mozzie once again on the run, going someplace they can be what they are – con men. This will leave it open for a come-back, a pick-up by another channel, or possibly a movie. Matt has said he doesn’t like endings all neatly wrapped up. I think this talk of a “shocking” ending is just hype. I don’t think any of the major players will die. Just my opinion!

43. MaryAnne says:

I would love for another cable network to pick up the show

44. Odessa Wells says:

We need to keep the show going on Netflix. USA will no longer be one of my favorite channels.

45. Odessa Wells says:

I hope everyone is right, if they don’t put move the show to Netflix as some of us have suggested, then I would love for Kate to come back (she staged her own death) and Neal will get his happily ever after and Peter can move to DC to be with El, Mozzie will stay and take care of Diana’s baby while she and Clinton head up the White Collar crime Division there.

46. mickeyray says:

I love this show and just hate that it’s ending! Great characters and plots and script writing!

47. Susan Caulfield says:

My Favorite Character is Mozzie. I would to see The Actor in a series again. Playing a similar
    character as far as his smarts, skills, fun and quirky demeanor. The Mozzie Character is
    “Out of the Box Unique” Love Him.

48. Melinda says: