Parenthood First Look: How Will the Bravermans Ring in Their Final Season?

Parenthood Season 6 Premiere

And now for something completely different: The first photos of Parenthood‘s final season don’t make us want to cry.

NBC has released a handful of snapshots from the dramedy’s Season 6 premiere (Sept. 25, 10/9c) and while the Braverman clan is showing off a range of emotions, the waterworks haven’t kicked in — yet.

RELATED  Fall TV Spoilerpalooza: Exclusive Scoop and Photos From 42 Returning Favorites, Including Parenthood

Among the highlights: Kristina sharing a meaningful moment with Max, lovebirds Drew and Natalie doing a little remodeling — at Zeke and Camille’s new place, perhaps? — and Hank looking a bit apprehensive. (After all, some things never change.)

There are still plenty of faces missing from the photos, though, including estranged couple Joel and Julia, Sarah and (now-pregnant!) Amber. But considering the premiere is titled “Vegas,” perhaps we already know where the rest of the family has gone?

RELATED Are Joel and Julia Getting Divorced on Parenthood?

Regardless, we can be sure of one thing: The final season is going to be a doozy for the Bravermans (and us), as the last 13 episodes will introduce a challenge like the family hasn’t encountered before. “We’ve never told a story about losing someone in the family, and that is a very difficult story for us to tell. But it’s one that I feel is a reality,” creator Jason Katims previously told TVLine.

Click through our gallery below to see photos from the Season 6 premiere, then hit the comments with your hopes for Parenthood‘s final run.

1. Beckers0505@yahoo.com says:

Love this show!! Can’t wait. However, I am a little worried about how they will play out the Amber story line. I guess time will tell.

2. Ari says:

I really hate the new gallery format. I can never actually see the pictures. I just get a blue square where a picture should be. Whomp whomp/

• Alison says:

I agree about hating the new format! Can we please please, with a cherry on top, bring back the old format??

• Carla Krae says:

Use another browser. I can’t see them in IE, but Google Chrome shows them fine. I’ve posted repeatedly that the gallery doesn’t work in IE.

3. DL says:

Losing someone in the family? Please don’t kill off Camille or Zeek. T_T

• Alex says:

Sadly, I think one of them will die. Because that would affect the entire family the most. I don’t want to see it, though! I don’t want to be depressed, there’s enough depressing stuff IRL.

4. Amanda says:

Drew and Natalie are probably decorating the new school I’d say

5. db says:

thinking the remodeling is for the new charter school

6. herman1959 says:

I think the redecorating is being done at the new school that Kristina started. Oh, and I will be watching on Hulu when I have time since I’m not into watching live week to week and waiting for someone to die. Jason Katims – Yeesh!

7. Sarah F says:

Remodeling at the school maybe?

8. Regina says:

Yeeeeah they’re totally killing off one of the parents…. My money’s on Zeek.

• Ari says:

Totally going to be Camille! She’s been practically MIA the last few seasons, a death would be a great way to unload her contract and to stir drama.

9. Joey Padron says:

Good photos from the season premiere. Can’t wait for new season to start in a few weeks!

10. Tran says:

Can’t believe were just 21 days away until the final season of Parenthood begins. Don’t know if Gaby aka Minka Kelly is returning to the show’s last season for at least one more episode.

11. Translation, a Braverman death? Noooo! My money’s on Zeke or Ambers baby or Cristina. Or, since his death was Six Feet Under’s jp-the-shark moment, Peter Krause’s Adam bites it in a better, less show-ruining way.

12. Dean says:

Really going to miss Parenthood once its gone.

13. Carla Krae says:

They’re working on Adam and Kristina’s school.

14. Rosie says:

I’m still sad that NBC has chosen to end this show when Parenthood has so many more stories to be told. This is a show that could go on successfully for more seasons. Such great tv with substance. It is with excitement, angst, & sadness that I await this new and final season. I’ve come to love these characters & their quirks so much…. I’m teary-eyed just writing this!!! I don’t want to say goodbye to my beloved Bravermans…..