CBS Fall TV Scoops: Big Road Trip, POI Problems, Defiant Good Wife and More

Big Bang Theory Season 8

As a little aperitif three weeks before it uncorks Premiere Week , CBS has officially revealed the premiere loglines for several of its shows.

Which Big Bangers are hitting the road? Which crime drama is getting a Love touch? Which Five-0 pair is heading into therapy? Read on for the full rundown.

RELATED Big Bang Wedding Scoop: Will Penny and Leonard Tie the Knot Soon?

2 Broke Girls | Airing Monday, Oct. 27
“And The Reality Problem” – A reality show producer approaches Max and Caroline about shooting an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians at their cupcake window.

The Big Bang Theory | Monday, Sept. 22
“The Locomotion Interruption” – Leonard and Amy take an unexpected road trip to Arizona to pick up Sheldon. Meanwhile, Penny interviews for a job at Bernadette’s company and Howard is weirded out by Stuart’s relationship with Mrs. Wolowitz.

Blue Bloods | Friday, Sept. 26
“Partners” – As Danny and Baez escort confiscated drugs to a remote location for incineration, their convoy is attacked and Baez is seriously injured, leaving Danny to track down the drug cartel responsible. Meanwhile, Frank must carefully navigate personal and political waters when an exemplary lieutenant’s actions cause controversy for the NYPD.

Criminal Minds | Wednesday, Oct. 1
“X” – The BAU team investigates a series of murders in Bakersfield, Calif., which have left the victims unidentifiable. Also, the team welcomes new agent Kate Callahan (The Client List‘s Jennifer Love Hewitt) into the BAU fold.

CSI | Sunday, Sept. 28
“The CSI Effect” – Finlay must deal with a bomb planted in her car, while Russell gets a call from someone claiming to be the Gig Harbor killer

RELATED Emmys: Good Wife‘s Julianna Margulies Wins Lead Actress in a Drama

The Good Wife | Sunday, Sept. 21.Good Wife Season 6 Preview
“The Line” – Alicia is adamant in her refusal to run for State’s Attorney despite Eli’s attempts to persuade her to launch a campaign. Meanwhile, as Diane considers joining Florrick/Agos as partner, an internal crisis threatens to destroy the firm.

Hawaii Five-0 | Friday, Sept. 26
“A’ohe kahi e pe’e ai” – The island of O’ahu goes on lockdown when Five-0 hunts a terrorist who starts using weaponized drones on civilians. Meanwhile, McGarrett and Danno must go for a mandated review with a psychologist, resulting in a session which looks a lot like couples therapy.

Mom | Monday, Sept. 29
“Hepatitis and Lemon Zest” – Bonnie is furious when Christy’s poor financial decisions threaten the family’s living situation. Meanwhile, Christy agrees to help out Jill (My Name Is Earl‘s Jaime Pressly), a woman who is newly sober.

RELATED NCIS Season 12: DiNozzo to ‘Partner’ With Melrose Place Knockout

NCIS | Tuesday, Sept. 23
“20 Clicks” – When Gibbs and McGee’s mission is compromised, the NCIS team races to locate them before a Russian mercenary group.

NCIS: Los Angeles | Monday, Sept. 29 NCISLA_Season6
“Deep Trouble, Pt. II” – Callen and Sam are trapped in an armed submarine that terrorists have aimed to hit an aircraft carrier in San Diego. Meanwhile, Hetty defies orders and forgoes her trip to Washington, as the team tries to locate and save Callen and Sam and prevent the terrorist attack.

Person of Interest | Tuesday, Sept. 23
“Panopticon” – Forced to take on new identities created by Root, the team tries to adapt to their new lives. However, some find it hard to ignore The Machine’s numbers, which puts them all at risk of being detected by Samaritan.

VIDEO: Emmy Winner Allison Janney Talks Homeless Mom Twist

1. zac says:

Nothing for 2 Broke Girls?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Hunted down and added!

• Sounds like that should be the title for the Mom episode.

• Tran says:

In case you missed out on the news about 2 Broke Girls: Kim Kardashian will guest star on the Season Four premiere October 27th as herself and Jesse Metcalfe of the Dallas reboot will also guest star as Max’s new love interest that will be airing I think on November 3rd.

• David4 says:

Two Broke Girls is already going on their 4th season? I thought it was the third. Time is really flying by.

• Christian White says:

I don’t like Kim Kardshian.

• Anne says:

Yet another reason not to watch 2 Broke Girls.

• Nate says:

Yet another reason for u and everyone else who don’t watch the show to complain

• S. says:

May be we’re complaining about KK because some of us are sick to death of her and no matter how hard we try can not get away from her. She’s a parasitic leech and she needs to go far far far away to a place where I will never have to hear another word about her.

Oh, and we get to complain because the show itself sucks. The jokes are all one liners about sex and drugs–yeah for TV , we’ve come so far– and the acting is so below subpar it’s almost funny.

• Tran says:

Is there a reason that Kim Kardashian’s guest appearance on 2 Broke Girls is going to be even worse than Lindsay Lohan did last season?

2. Mel says:

Looks like some good stuff. Consider me interested, CBS. Thanks for the scoops.

3. pam says:

Can’t wait for big bang. Love stuart! Hope we see more of him. Do they plan on using him as a regular now? I hope so!!!

• androme3 says:

I hope so too.
      His actor Kevin Sussman was a regular during the sixth season, but the producers decided that wasn’t a good idea as they didn’t know what to do with him in the long run then. Though, I hope they know what to do with him now.

4. Steven says:

Very vague description for Criminal Minds. Very excited for Person of Interest and The Good Wife!

• Angela says:

Ha, yeah, it is pretty vague. But Hewitt joining the team is going to be the big story for that episode anyway, so I don’t think there’s much else they could add in to the premiere that wouldn’t be overshadowed by that :p.
      Regardless, the case sounds intriguing, and I’ll be interested to see how Jennifer Love Hewitt does fitting in amongst the cast. Hope all goes well with that.

5. Tran says:

Guess I’m now giving up on Person of Interest this upcoming season and beyond ever since Carter’s death. Looking forward to a couple of CBS’ returning shows like Big Bang Theory and Hawaii Five-O. How many episodes TBBT will air on Mondays before the sitcom heads back to Thursdays beginning October 30th? I’m thinking like at least six which includes the one hour season premiere.

• DL says:

Really? I mean, Taraji P. Henson was fantastic on the show, but so is everyone else. Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Sarah Shahi, and Amy Acker… I can’t get enough. I think PoI is the best it’s ever been, moving more and more into overarching serialized storylines, as opposed to the old case-of-the-week procedural format. Stoked for “Panopticon.”

• GhostWolf says:

Too bad. POI is still one of the best shows on television. Carter was a big part of the show (and they showed how much her death affected Reece) but we need to move forward. I have to admit was not a big fan of Root but she’s growing on me slowly.

• Redmond says:

I’ll miss Carter greatly as well, but last season was one of the best seasons of television I’ve ever seen. I have high hopes for this show, as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Hannibal’ are two shows that really seem to be raising the bar for network television.

• Linda says:

Yeah, I’m out on POI. I loved the first couple seasons, when it was such a well-done update of the old “Equalizer” mythos. But this new season has been promised as “the Battle of the Machines” and I’m just not interested. They could have explored the nuances of righteous opposition to government surveillance, but instead they made Vilgilance a bunch of murderous terrorists the first time they appeared. The characters were fascinating, but now Finch and Reese are just backdrop for the tech and the “bad-ass” women. Root was an amazing adversary, but I don’t buy her as an ally. The showrunners made the characters forget how evil she was, and expected the viewers to do the same. And killing Carter in the name of “realism” after some of the completely comic-book stunts and explosions they had in S3 was just an insult to our intelligence. It used to be my favorite show, and I’m still bitter about how badly the reboot was done. (Also, I guarantee there will be at least one response about, “You just don’t understand complicated plots.” I do understand it, perfectly well. I just don’t like it. and the massive plot holes that happened in S3 just make it worse.)

6. spindae2 says:

I hope premier calender will come up soon. Looking forward to the new season, it’s been a long wait.

7. Jared says:

Cant wait for The Good Wife to return. Thanks for the scoop Matt.

8. Lorena says:

Couples therapy?? Danno and Steve?? i need Hawaii 5-0 NOW

9. GhostWolf says:

Only watch a very few of these shows and, on the whole, the descriptors are way too vague. NCIS and POI should be good. As for NCIS:LA, part I just did nothing for me so don’t expect much with part 2.

• Tran says:

You should be about NCIS: LA because the move to Mondays at 10 p.m. going up against The Blacklist (NBC) and Castle (ABC) still considers me the most.

10. Rodg says:

Just let McGarrett and Danny be cops.We don’t need to see them in therapy fighting like a couple

11. Steve F. says:

Good list – but where’s Elementary?

12. John says:

Anything on NCIS: New Orleans?

13. Ally Oop says:

This year I will be watching 2 returning shows on CBS: Big Bang Theory and Mom plus I will check out both Scorpion and Battle Creek.

14. Krithika says:

What episode of Big Bang Theory is that pic of Sheldon standing in his undies from??