New Survivor Cast Includes Race Twins, Baseball Bad Boy, Clay Aiken's Ex

Survivor Season 29 Cast

CBS on Wednesday unveiled the nine teams competing on the upcoming 29th season of Survivor — and it’s already clear this island is going to be no paradise.

RELATED Rising Star Finale Recap: And the ‘Winner’ Is…

Among the lot is former baseball star John Rocker — who famously badmouthed New York City and its gay, culturally diverse residents — and Broadway star Reed Kelly, who was romantically linked to former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken. (Those two should get along swimmingly.)

Keep reading to see all 18 contestants, then drop a comment with your initial thoughts on the bunch.

BROTHERS:
Drew Christy, 25, a traveling sales rep from Winter Park, Fla.
Alec Christy, 22, a student from Winter Park, Fla.

MARRIED:
Jeremy Collins, 36, a firefighter from Foxboro, Mass.
Val Collins, 35, a police officer from Foxboro, Mass.

DATING:
Reed Kelly, 31, a Broadway performer from New York, N.Y.
Josh Canfield, 32, an actor/singer/writer from New York, N.Y.

COLLEGE SWEETHEARTS:
Jon Misch, 26, a financial assistant from Waterford, Mich.
Jaclyn Schultz, 25, a media buyer from Las Vegas, Nev.

DATING:
John Rocker, 39, a former baseball player (Braves, Indians, Rangers and Devil Rays) from Atlanta, Ga.
Julie McGee, 34, a model/spray tan business owner from Atlanta, Ga.

SISTERS:
Natalie Anderson, 28, a student and Crossfit coach from Edgewater, N.J.
Nadiya Anderson, 28, a Crossfit coach and project coordinator at Bridge2Peace from Edgewater, N.J.

FATHER & SON:
Keith Nale, 53, a fire captain from Shreveport, La.
Wes Nale, 23, a firefighter from Shreveport, La.

MOTHER & DAUGHTER:
Missy Payne, 47, a cheerleading gym owner from Dallas, Texas
Baylor Wilson, 20, a student from Nashville, Tenn.

FATHER & DAUGHTER:
Dale Wentworth, 55, a farmer from Ephrata, Wash.
Kelley Wentworth, 28, a marketing manager from Seattle Wash.

The new season of Survivor premieres Wednesday, Sept. 24, at 8/7c on CBS.

1. debeliah1012 says:

Those twins are the most annoying people ever, they were on Amazing Race 2x, I am so happy I do not watch Survivor and if I did I would be skipping this season until they are gone.

2. Dave says:

The Anderson sisters are the obnoxious “Twinies” from the Amazing Race… why on earth do they get to annoy my ears with more of their whiny ways?

3. Uh uh says:

Oh my God, Natalie and Nadiya from AMAZING RACE?!??! They are SO ANNOYING! Now I am going to have “Natalieeeeeeeee” running through my head all day.

4. Dave says:

Is “student” Baylor Wilson the same as singer/songwriter Baylor Wilson from Nashville?

5. Dave says:

I was SO hoping that the Twinnies rumour would be just that. Seriously disappointed to see those shrill, shrieky, totally unlikeable people heading to Survivor.

6. Nicki Dreyer says:

Well there goes any chance of me watching Survivor this season. Cannot stand “Twinnies” and I doubt the rest of the cast will be able to either. *Fingers Crossed they go home first*

7. Mary says:

Seriously???? Those f’ing twins from The Amazing Race?! They are sooooooo annoying! I hope they get the boot early otherwise they will ruin this season of Survivor for me.

8. wrstlgirl says:

You all have me curious now about the twins, LOL. I’ll be watching, never missed an episode in all these years. Love Survivor!!

9. Rob says:

Wasn’t this supposed to be blood vs water 2? Isn’t the premise of BvW that it’s former survivor contestants competing against their family members?? This is dumb.

• Dys says:

That was the premise that they chose to use the first time but the loved ones on each tribe aspect (which is what blood vs water means in the first place) is still intact. With so many people complaining about how often former contestants return, and now you and probably others complaining when they don’t, it is safe to say that any choice they make is a no win situation. With that being said, I do understand why you feel that it is dumb that they switched things up.

• Zayne says:

I’m all for new contestants and no returning players but a lot of these people look like recruits and not fans of the show. That makeup of cast lends itself to the weaker seasons, remember Nicaragua people!

• Lee says:

Just shows, someone is going to bitch and moan no matter what.

• Jack says:

Yes, its BVW2. Nowhere in that title does it mention anything about it having to be former contestants. So, Blood Vs Water 2 is an accurate description.

• Rodg says:

The premise is family member against family member

10. Reed Kelly is the nicest guy! I hope he has the necessary ‘killer’ instincts for this show.

11. Iakovos says:

These shows are not so fun when the contestants are no longer “just folks.” I know a cottage “reality show” industry exists but honestly, it turns me off to see famous people take turns in the game. Not a fan of returning contestants either, to this game or from other shows.

12. Tom says:

Ugh and those twins. They’re gonna be first out.

13. Geordie says:

OMG! Clay Aiken’s EX is just as nice as Clay is. Will Reed do as well as Clay did on Celebrity Apprentice?

14. J says:

Seriously this show is still on? YAWN.

• Jack says:

Yes, it is. As it clearly states in the article, this is its 29th edition. Since it bores you (which we are VERY impressed with, BTW), it does make us wonder why you came to an article on a show that makes you yawn. Seems pretty silly, does it not?

15. Tran says:

People like me desperately want Survivor to end in a very bad way and it’s still getting too old for fans of the show.

16. JeffDJ says:

Jeez, those shrill “Twinnies” from Amazing Race! It was bad enough when they returned to AR for a second time, but now they’ve crossed over to Survivor! At least they’ll be separated by tribes.

17. Tim says:

I’m excited the Twins are playing; I think they will be cutthroat/backstabbers and make for an interesting game.

18. Lizo says:

Already rooting for the Amazing Race twins. They are entertaining and I find them really relatable.

19. Dianne says:

Why can’t they get a whole new cast that hasn’t been on any other reality show. Why do they have to put actors, athletes, and famous people. What happened to just the regular person who has been a fan for years? I know they have a large pool to choose from. I am losing interest in the show since they lost interest in what made it a fun to watch reality show.