Dallas Post Mortem: EP on [Spoiler]'s Death, Pamela's Vengeance and More

Dallas Spoilers

No bridge was left unburnt after Monday’s Dallas midseason premiere, and executive producer Cynthia Cidre tells TVLine that we ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

RELATED Dallas‘ Juan Pablo Di Pace on Nicolas’ ‘Difficult’ Plans for Elena in Season 3B

A quick recap of the hour: Judith told Bobby about Ann and Harris’ kiss, prompting him to kick his wife out of their house; Emma was also given the boot from Southfork following the release of her and John Ross’ home movie; Pamela survived her overdose, promising to make John Ross’ life miserable; Elena lashed out at Nicolas for sending the video to Pamela; Sue Ellen accepted blame for the fire, even though it was actually started by Drew; and in the episode’s final moments, Nicolas watched as Drew was shot and killed by a member of the cartel.

Whew. Still with me? OK, good.

Below, Cidre previews the drama to come, including which couples will be keeping the faith — and which will remain at each other’s throats.

TVLINE | Let’s start with Bobby and Ann. Any hope for those two now that he knows she kissed Harris?
They’re going to be on a rocky road for a while, which will turn out well… eventually. I think they love each other, and I really do mean for them to be good together. They’re attractive, virile people and they should continue having sexual conflicts.

TVLINE | I imagine Bobby’s wrath will also extend to Harris, as it takes two to tango?
It does and it does. Things will only get worse between them.

Dallas SpoilersTVLINE | That whole secret came out thanks to Judith, who I remain obsessed with. Will she have a big part in the second half of the season?
Actually, Judith has a lot of stuff coming up. You’re going to see a different color to Judith. She’s always so big and over-the-top, but a lot of bad things are going to happen to Emma, and you’ll see Judith break down. She loves Emma; that’s a genuine thing she feels. As for Emma, she’ll recover from what happens to her, but let’s just say that some of the bad things she’s done [will come back to haunt her].

TVLINE | Over to Nicolas and Elena, how will their relationship suffer now that she knows he sent the video to Pamela?
The relationship will definitely suffer. He continues to pursue her, and it gets worse, believe me. She’ll find out some of what he’s up to, of course, which will land them both in danger. She wants no part of him in a very real way, but he won’t take no for an answer. Some very bad things happen between them, but it all leads to a very delicious season finale for them.

TVLINE | Sue Ellen also seems pretty over John Ross. How’s their mother-son dynamic going to be moving forward?
Sue Ellen and John Ross have an interesting mother-son relationship. There’s always going to be a push and pull, but they ultimately love each other. She’s sick of him right now, but he’ll get to do some heroic things in the coming weeks that could change that.

Dallas SpoilersTVLINE | What about Pamela and John Ross? I imagine she’ll be a little vengeful?
She’s not happy with him, no. Actually, vengeful is a good word, because she’s going to do something bad and he’s going to get hurt. And that continues for quite a while. Think War of the Roses.

TVLINE | Since Drew is dead, is it safe to say the truth about who started the fire will never come out?
I wouldn’t necessarily say that. We want there to be a lesson in all of this, especially when it comes to her drinking.

TVLINE | Speaking of Drew, how will his death affect Nicolas, since he gave the OK to make it happen?
Well, he’s a bit of a sociopath, as we’ve seen. He did what he needed to do, and that kind of behavior will continue until Elena begins to figure things out.

TVLINE | The last time we spoke, you told me not to get too attached to Heather. What can you say about her and Christopher moving forward?
That’s still true. We’ve just got to keep it fresh. We always say, “We don’t need more beds, we need more bodies for the beds.” Elena was on a different track this season with Nicolas, so I needed something for Christopher to be happy about. There are a few more episodes with Heather, so you can still enjoy that couple.

Dallas fans, what did you think of tonight’s explosive premiere? Any hopes for the rest of Season 3? Drop ‘em in the comments section below.

1. ninalouise says:

Loved it

2. Kar says:

Hope Elena dies next

• GeoDiva says:

Or Emma. Can’t stand either one!

• Marc says:

Killing off that idiotic waste of space Drew was the best thing that happened in last night’s episode. I will be even happier if Elena and Emma are next, but sadly, I doubt that this will happen.

That Emma is a piece of work – John Ross is a disgusting, lying greedy arsehole; but she took the cake last night and bolstered my contempt and hate for her when she actually went to him looking for reassurance about their ‘relationship’ after Pamela was admitted to the ICU. What did she expect him to say, “don’t worry dear, just hold tight we will go back to hitting the sheets, as soon as my wife’s stomach is sufficiently pumped”?

3. Kenl says:

Great episode.

4. Drew says:

TV Lne goes to the trouble of putting “[spoiler]“ in the story headline but completely reveals the spoiler in the URL address for the story! This makes it so hard to share a link to the story in email because the reveal is right there in the link address for the email recipient to see before opening the story. Really wish this site would use change this practice and use a less revealing/ more generic article link URL…

5. Frank says:

Great episode! Acting superb especially Linda Gray and Josh Henderson.

6. Aww…c’mon. Should have killed Emma off. I hate her character. Would have loved more of Drew. All in all…great episode!

7. Debbie Harris says:

Loved it! Hope they pick it up for season 4!!!!!

8. Roz12 says:

This show rocks. A SOAP in capitals and golden letters! Go Dallas!

9. Annie says:

Loved it! Did not expect Drew getting killed by Nicolas!! He just stood there and watched! Cold. I really enjoyed Pamela and John Ross together, but she’s going to cook his goose for his affair with Emma. Great premiere!!

10. Joan Bechtol says:

Need more power and less drama. This premier didn’t have much of a JR Ewing feel to it, and I was a little disappointed in that. This show made the
    Ewings look weak, and JR would NEVER have any part of that!

• drhenning says:

Oh…. there were plenty of times during its long run on CBS when the Ewings looked on the ropes but somehow JR figured out a way out… I thought it was a solid return episode with the balls flying in the air… It should get decent viewing right now with not much else on.. The spirit of JR survives…

11. Bob Smith says:

Wish list: Nicolas, Elena, and the cartel disappear. Don’t care how. They could vanish next week and I wouldn’t care.

12. Yolanda says:

Loved it! Now bring THE PAMELA back in the person of Jaclyn Smith.

13. Rj says:

So thrilled Dallas is back! Loved the episode. And killing Drew off was the best thing that could happen though not sure about nicholas giving him up- that means elena will not go away with him back to mexico. Writers if you are reading this please get rid of Elena next. Love John ross and Pamela-hope they get them back together but with john ross really begging her first.
    Really hoping there is a season 4 and 5…

14. Dave says:

an exceptional episode!

15. Miss Rozie says:

War of the Roses? OMG, if THAT is how their “relationship” is going to become, we can only think John Ross will, in the end, be BEGGING for mercy from her …. hell hath no fury, is how the saying starts out. Pamela is going to make John Ross PAY for what he did to her. I still LOVE them together though – always thought John Ross would make a better husband after he watched what his father put his mother through – so much for that idea. And Judith Light’s character – OVER THE TOP FABULOUS – SHE’S SO WICKEDLY FABULOUS!!!! No bad character gets away with bad stuff forever though. Need a break from Bobby/Anne’s marriage – she just never learns. JUST LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

16. Hmm says:

I think I’m the only one, but I really want to see this show go back to the season one relationships of Christopher/Pamela and John Ross/Elena. I loved the chemistry between John Ross and Pamela but I don’t think I could ever get behind them again based on what he’s done to her. Plus Christopher and Elena was a very boring pairing to watch; everything exciting about them ended with the Rebecca/Pamela secret.

17. Linda says:

Love the chemistry with Pamela Rebecca and John Ross they are so Hot together . There relationship is what got me hooked on Dallas. I will love to see how she makes him pay . They are my OTP but John Ross is going to need to do some begging to get her back. I love the way Pamela shot him down this ep. Love this show Hope we also get Scenes with Pamela Rebecca and Sue Ellen .

18. TL says:

You know a show is awesome when the hour just flies by and you can’t believe it’s over. This show is just rockin’!

19. Vickie m. Hurley says:

Love it just like the old days

20. Tom says:

I’m glad to see the show is really hitting its stride. Bodes well for future seasons. They should always stick to summer though. It really helps with the ratings, instead of throwing them against the fall and spring shows.

I have been a fan since the original and I never want it to end.

21. Summers says:

Loved this episode. But didn’t want Drew killed off. Need Elena and Emma gone. Elena has slept with just about everyone plus she’s boring. What is her purpose on the show anyway.

22. sassy says:

I would love to see Christopher and Elena back together and Ann gone. JR junior and Pamela is good together. But Christopher needs to be back with Elena. I hope Elena is not pregnant with Nicholas’s baby but maybe John Ross’s. If anyone leaves the show it should be Bobby’s wife. Everyone else rocks.Didn’t want to see Drew killed off but better him than anyone else.