Emmys

Emmy Poll 2014: Who Should Win Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy?

comedy-actor-supporting-guys

Modern Family‘s win streak in the Emmy race for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series came to an end last year — a development that lends a little unpredictability to the 2014 proceedings.

Veep‘s Tony Hale will go for back-to-back victories come Emmy night, while 2011 champ Ty Burrell will carry the banner for Modern Family, along with five-time nominee Jesse Tyler Ferguson. (Eric Stonestreet, winner in 2010 and 2012, didn’t make the ballot this time around.)

The race is rounded out by Girls‘ Adam Driver (who scored his first nod last year) and a pair of first-timers (to the comedic acting side of Emmy, anyhow): Fred Armisen (Portlandia) and Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine). Armisen, it should be noted, has a prior pair of nods for Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series, while Braugher has seven prior nominations (and two wins) — all for dramatic roles.

RELATED Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Andre Braugher on Latest Emmy Nod (and One He Forgot)

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine talents when the Emmys are handed out on Aug. 25 ? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Next week, we’ll post another five “Who Should Win” Emmy polls, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor!

1. MattArmando says:

Andre Braugher should win & will win. Ty Burrell is always funny, plus he’s only won once, which is why he may have a shot.
    SHOULD WIN: Ty Burrell
    WILL WIN: Andre Braugher

2. Jen says:

I don’t watch ANY of these shows. -___-

3. Diogo says:

I’m fine with Braugher, Burrell or even Ferguson. I would like to see the latter winning come emmys night. Mitchell is, nowadays, one of the best things about Modern Family. Moreover, he is so underrated. I would like to see him pulling an upset.

4. El S Boy says:

No One !

5. Tran says:

Andre Braugher will win. Ty Burrell should win.

6. HAP says:

Braugher already has two Emmys, but they were for dramatic roles. Tony Hale won an Emmy for his Veep role in 2012. I’d go with either, with a slight not to Braugher simply because this is for a comedic role.

7. MalTru says:

Andre Braugher. “I’m due for an exuberance upgrade.” Hilarious.

8. Pat says:

Love Ty Burrell, but I would like to see Jesse Tyler Ferguson win. They are both so funny.

9. Ron says:

It’s difficult, because I love all the nominees–except Adam Driver. That mainly has to do with my extreme dislike for Girls. Also, his character bugs me anyway. Braugher is always great and I wouldn’t be disappointed if he won, because he was hysterical on B99. Always love Tony Hale, and loved that he won last year. Wouldn’t mind if he pulled a repeat. I actually really like Portlandia and Armisen. But, much like Louie, I feel Armisen is someone who should win for writing his series rather than acting in it. Burrell is always funny in his role and wouldn’t be an undeserving winner if he won. However, for this year, my vote goes to Ferguson. In my opinion, he’s the unsung hero of MF. Maybe it’s just because my character traits are very similar to Mitch’s, but I get Ferguson’s character and think his portrayal is hysterical. I think he’s due a win. I know people are sick of the Emmy redundancy of MF, and I get that. I like the show and I’m sick of it too. But I think Ferguson should win because, in my opinion, he was the best thing about this last season and is a deserving winner amongst the crowd of nominees.

10. cjeffery7 says:

I really like what Andre Braugher is doing on B99, Tony Hale never misses a beat on Veep, and Fred Armisen is on his own level (hence why he won’t ever win), but I gotta vote Ty Burrell. On what has has been an otherwise ho hum standard few seasons of Modern Family I feel like really stood out this season amongst the guys.

11. Miranda says:

So happy to see that Andre Braugher is leading the poll!
    Could this be the year Modern Family walk away with ZERO wins?