Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, NCIS, Sleepy Hollow, The Originals, Shameless, The Middle and More

Once Upon a Time Belle FlashbacksWill Once Upon a Time reveal what makes Belle ring? Will NCIS revisit Daddy issues? Does a big Sleepy Hollow moment get your vote? Should Middle fans “brace” themselves? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED Fall Preview 2014: Calendar of 99 Premieres

Do you have any scoop about Once Upon a Time’s Belle that doesn’t involve Rumplestiltskin’s dagger? –Natalie
What if I told you that we just may get to see some of Belle’s life before she met Rumplestiltskin. That would fit the Belle, er bill, yes?

In Season 10 on NCIS, we finally met McGee’s dad. Will we see him this season or at least get an update on his cancer? –Linda
“I don’t know if we’ll see McGee’s dad or not,” show boss Gary Glasberg said when I brought your question to him, “but we’ll certainly revisit that storyline.”

I’ve heard a rumor that Emily Wickersham (Bishop) will only be back for a couple of NCIS episodes in Season 12. Can you confirm or deny? –Antonia
Oh, Internet. You amuse me. Let’s dismiss this tall tale, seeing as the show has plans to explore the probie’s past and personal life. Says Gary Glasberg, “We’ll be getting into Bishop’s background a little and meet her husband Jake, understand what their relationship is all about.”

RELATED NCIS Season 12 Scoop on DiNozzo’s New Love Interest

Any scoop at all about the second season of Sleepy Hollow? –Advanteege
When Abbie goes to vote in a November election, Ichabod must take note of the remarkable occasion. “What I like about this moment is it’s special for both of them,” says EP Mark Goffman. “Crane, seeing how our society has gotten to the point where [blacks] can actually vote, and having a point of view about that fact that no one is at the polling station. And also the fact that Abbie can vote. It took two constitutional amendments before Abbie got the right to vote.”

Do you have any scoop on Syfy’s Defiance, especially regarding Nolan and Irisa? –Mena
Yes, but no – because this vittle is about the show’s other dysfunctional family. Ingenue Amy Forsyth, who just landed a gig on MTV’s Scream pilot, will appear in an end-of-season arc as Andina, a Castithan who unwittingly becomes entwined in Tarr family politics.

I can’t wait to see Daniel Sharman on The Originals. Any other new faces we should be looking out for? –Morgan
You’re not alone in your excitement, and the former Teen Wolf star certainly won’t be the season’s sole addition. Episode 6 will introduce us to a “respected and feared” werewolf pack leader. What sets this guy apart from the rest of the Big Easy’s lycanthropes? He’ll spend quite a bit of (non-romantic) time with Davina, teaching her how to extend her power. In short, Klaus will not be a fan of this guy.

VIDEO The Originals Cast Tease ‘Messed-Up’ Season 2, Crossover With… Jenna?

On Major Crimes, are we going to discover Dr. Morales’ first name? –Ilona
Series creator James Duff likes how you think, Ilona! “If you guys really want to know Dr. Morales’ first name, I will give him a first name,” he told me. “Jonny [Del Arco] has come to me a couple of times and said, ‘Can I have a name?’ — it’s like that episode in Voyager when The Doctor tells Janeway, ‘I’d just like to have a name’ — so I’m thinking about how to introduce it and what the name will be. You know, it took me six seasons to give Provenza a first name! I just wouldn’t do it.”Agents of SHIELD Pasdar

Please, please, give me anything you´ve got on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2! –Ana
I can confirm the rumblings started over at io9 that Adrian Pasdar and a big, fake mustache will reprise the role of Colonel Glenn Talbot in the season opener.

Do you have any scoop on Shameless, especially on Ian and Mickey? –Jennifer
As Season 5 gets underway, it appears Ian is once again having a manic episode and may be cheating on Mickey, who’s understandably not very happy about his boyfriend’s ups and downs. What’s more, while Ian’s still dancing at the gay nightclub, he may be exploring an even more scantily clad profession.

When can we expect to get some details on why and how the kidnapping went down on Finding Carter? –Bruce
Before the MTV drama directly addresses the kidnapping, we’re going to see a little more of Carter’s life with Lori, beginning this Tuesday. “You keep seeing flashbacks of things Lori did, and they start to seem a bit weird,” star Kathryn Prescott teases. “There’s a scene where they’re looking at babies, and Lori asks Carter which one she wants, but Carter doesn’t get that there’s more to the joke. Over the course of the episode, Carter starts to think, ‘Maybe Lori’s not who I thought she was.'” Yathink?

Will Mike & Molly have a full 22-episode season this year like it did last season, or will it be shortened? –Jordan
Fans of the CBS sitcom – which is again slotted for a midseason return — will get a full run of episodes, I am told.

Any scoop on Modern Family? –Aleksandra
A few episodes into the new season (premiering Sept. 24), we’ll meet Lily’s elementary school teacher — an abnormally strict woman who strikes fear not just in her charges but the parents as well!

Will Sue Heck be getting her braces off soon on The Middle? –Amy
Amy, I am resurrecting your question because I have an update too delicious not to share: Lo and behold, Season 6 will open with Sue getting her braces off, finally — and despite the orthodontist’s protests. But as it turns out, maybe she and Mom should have paid more mind to the expert… and I’ll leave it at that.

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email InsideLine@tvline.com(With reporting by Vlada Gelman and Andy Swift)

VIDEO: Once Upon a Time Stars Preview ‘Passion,’ a ‘Complicated’ Triangle, Hook’s New Look, Cool Frozen Twists

1. torimelching says:

I love The Middle, but last year felt completely off. I don’t know if the family disfunction is starting to wear thin. But the parts with Axl really weren’t that funny. Him off to college and them still trying to get him into the show just really didn’t work. He should move back home into the basement with his friend.

• Leny1 says:

Even i felt like that, The Middle just wasnt all there for me last season. Lol and finally the braces come off lol

• Ann says:

Yeah, I felt like it was off last season too. Maybe Axl and a few friends can move next door and it could be like The Neighors…the movie, not the tv series.

2. Hank Voight says:

Uh oh another article about NCIS before the petty bickering begins I would want to say I’d love to see Belle background on Once. Nice to see she’s more than Rumple’s wife.

• Angela says:

Oh, god, yes, “petty bickering” is right. Just sit back and wait for the usual insanity to begin. *Sighs*
      Anywho, oh, I LOVE that “Sleepy Hollow” info! That’ll be an awesome scene to witness, and it’ll be fun to hear Crane and Abbie’s individual thoughts and discussion about such a notable activity. I liked the way they address social issues of that sort last season, comparing the past and present and all the dramatic changes within, so it’s good to see they’re continuing that here. That’s a great idea. Looking forward to that.

• Fran says:

Yes, its crossed so many lines now. The hatred for one character on a TV show (as well as the obsession of another) is seriously alarming. I know people can be passionate about shows but some of these posts are really creepy.
        And I agree with your thoughts on Sleepy Hollow. I’ve always enjoyed how they address those issues so I’m looking forward to seeing more of that too.

• Angela says:

I’ve never understood intense character hatred on any show in general (unless it’s for a character who’s meant to be hated, like a villain). I get that everyone has their favorite characters and characters that don’t grab them as much, or that they’re just not a fan of for whatever reason-that’s fine.
          But the way some people go on about some characters (and pretty innocuous ones at that), you’d think they ran over their dogs or stole property from their homes or something. There comes a point when people need to be reminded that this IS a fictional character, and if they bug you that much, then there’s that beautiful thing called fast-forwarding or simply not watching. I’m all for passion about TV, absolutely-I get invested in fandom and have my favorite characters and have watched episodes that got to me emotionally and all that sort of thing as well, it can be a lot of fun being a fan. But yeah, some people need to figure out where the line between being a fan and being frighteningly obsessed begins.
          Bah. Anyway, glad to be in agreement on “Sleepy Hollow”! I like it when a show can slip in a little educational content, or make you think, while still managing to have its usual fun. Especially since this show can deal with these issues without coming off as “preachy” or turning into some afterschool PSA about them.

3. Glad they will be revisiting the storyline with Tim’s dad. Not at all interested in Bishop’s husband, or anything about Bishop. I’ll give that a pass.

• Dmac says:

Hey, that wasn’t too bad, I thought the Bishop hate was going to start a bit sooner. Hmm perhaps the fact that she is not going anywhere is starting to set in…

• Jeanie says:

I agree Banjo.

• Jackie says:

Totally agree about Bishop. I’m not interested in any of that. I really wish they would dump her worthless character and find someone who will bring the cast chemistry back.

• OlivaK says:

It’s fascinating how many people whine about how totally uninterested they are in the character of Bishop–yet, pop up constantly crabbing about the same character every single time the show is mentioned. If they are THAT uninterested–why bring it up? As far as dumping the character and “bringing the cast chemistry back”, something tells me, the only one that could do that in their minds, is someone who chose to leave the show on her own violation. The logic applied here is certainly something……….

4. Andi says:

‘What if I told you that we just may get to see some of Belle’s life before she met Rumplestiltskin. That would fit the Belle, er bill, yes?’

Has hell frozen over? Are pigs flying? Please be good, I have been waiting for a pre Skin Deep flashback for Belle for over 2 years. Can’t wait to see it!

5. Pamchenko Twist says:

Thanks again, Matt, for giving us some Belle spoilers (and OUAT scoop that doesn’t involve “Frozen”)! I can’t wait to finally see Belle’s backstory!

6. Laura says:

Finally a flashback episode about Belle before she meet Rumple? I’m so happy we get to see her background long long overdue. I wonder how far back they will go. Will it be about her childhood? Her mother? Or will it be later when she’s getting engaged to Gaston? So excited for this!

7. Dee says:

Wow, I can see how that Sleepy Hollow moment will be amazing. Not only a woman but an African-American as well. If they go with the current time line….voting for another African-American for *President*? Ichabod will be amazed indeed.

LOL, the “fans” of NCIS are really a pathetic bunch, no? Where does this stuff come from???

8. Lucy says:

Thank you so much for the Belle scoop!! I’m been waiting for this since two years ago and I’m so happy now!! I want the brave bookish girl have her little time of shine for herself and know her before Rumbelle, I hope everything goes right with this. – prayer circle -

9. The Rookie says:

Happy to see that Bishop is here to stay! Season 11 of NCIS was good, but they need to develop her and really give us some storyline that will make fans relate better to her.

I hope for a more focused and with relevant episodes season. They have never been able to surpass S2, which has both the best comedic and serious episodes. Anything like S2,3 or 4 would be awesome. And if Maria Jose (Cote) wants to do an episode, its OK with me.

• Darlene says:

I agree.

• VeeGee says:

They had 16 episodes to develop her and they failed. This is a poorly conceived character played by a mediocre actress who is in over her head. They used up every last bit of my good will. She is terrible and they need to ditch her.

• The Rookie says:

I think the chemistry will develop, and the actress seems likeable. So sad people are taking this personally when she is doing a job the best way she can.

Really hope fans can be a bit more objective. I have been a fan since JAG so after 20 years in this universe I am completely certain the show will survive this cast change

• Emmaline says:

How old are you 10? You and your cronies spend so much time tearing down someone you don’t even know, and praising someone who walked out on you without a word and has not and will not ever respond to any of you because you all mean nothing to her!! get it!! You all need to get a real life and move on. Seriously though, you all have my sympathy. Poor little children, I will pray for you all to find peace within yourselves.

• as524 says:

16? She was on for 11, I believe. Can’t develop a new character in the first year when they are looking to find her voice & how to write for her – look how long it took to get backstories on every one – we’re just getting Ducky’s THIS season!

Bishop is a great character that makes SENSE for the team & EW is very obviously loved by the cast, who see her talent.

• Annette says:

Oh, she was on for 16 episodes…..from episode 9 to the season finale. As for developing her character……they should have been able to do that…..DPB did a fine job when Ziva arrived in Season 3.

10. Crysania says:

Thank you so much for getting a Belle scoop for us! Those of us who love Belle have been dying for more of a backstory on her!

11. Delving into Bishop’s backstory and introducing us to her husband will sure bring in the ratings. CBS is delusional. She is as interesting as a piece of lint.

• Pete says:

Lint can be very interesting, you just need imagination and an open mind.

• Darlene says:

Well, I’m looking forward to learning more about Bishop. And if Tony follows through with his comment that there are a lot of things concerning Bishop that he would like to ask her husband about, I think that would be fun and enlightening. Any vehicle (friends, husbands, lovers, situations, etc) that helps us to understand more about a character is fine by me!

• as524 says:

Am looking forward to that as well…& can just imagine a conversation between Tony & Mr. Bishop – what a wonderful scene that would be to unleash MW

• Dmac says:

And here we go… Please yes, speak for us all and tell CBS how we all don’t like her and they are making a big mistake with that storyline.

Serioiusly, you need to understand that not everyone hates her character and are willing to keep an open mind about her back story. Hell, I am very interested in who could marry her, she is incrediably smart and very quirky and can’t be easy to live with so to meet her husband is a backstory I want to see.

• OlivaK says:

Didn’t take long now, did it? There are pieces of art made out of lint that are awesome–it’s just sad how a small percentage of people persist in behaving like spoiled petulant children. Now THAT’S delusional………

• Angela says:

I just don’t get it. How many more times must this discussion continue before people finally get a clue? And why do people (on either side of this debate) think we all need to constantly hear over and over and over and over and over again just how much they hate (or hated, in the case of Ziva) a certain character?

• VeeGee says:

Which clue do you mean? that Bishop is a failure? we got that clue.

• Angela says:

No, I mean the clue that everybody who engages in this seemingly endless, ridiculous debate every other week or so, whether they like or don’t like Ziva or Bishop, is NEVER EVER GOING TO CAVE on their feelings about the show or the characters. We ALL got your guys’ feelings on these two women eons ago. We got them the first time you shared them,, the fifth time you shared them, the tenth time, the twentieth time, the fiftieth time, etc., etc. And yet nobody has managed to persuade anyone to their side thus far. Both sides just purposefully rile the other up now, they flood comment sections on websites for multiple shows and annoy the hell out of everyone who’s there to talk about things that DON’T relate to either of those two women, and it’s insane. And I don’t get how everyone who’s regularly involved in this debate hasn’t figured out by now how obnoxious they all sound, no matter what side they’re on.
            The fact is, the show is sticking with their new character, and not bringing back an old one. That does not look to be changing anytime soon, and no amount of weekly whining in a comment section (to people who can’t actively do anything about the situation, no less) will change that. So at some point, people are going to need to suck it up, deal with it, and move on. It’s really not that hard to do. And those who like the show now without the character who’s gone, you got what you wanted. You can drop your constant rantings about the character who’s gone, too, ’cause you’re not helping, either. All you do with that is rile up their fans and fan the flames.

• Brenda Walker says:

Well said, Angela. I used to come to read other fan’s comments about NCIS, a show I have watched since JAG, now I stop in, see the constant flame wars, shake my head and leave. The haters of Bishop, only make me like her more–good job–I hope she stays forever. The haters of Ziva, her character was a part of NCIS history, I don’t blame the woman for wanting to continue her career doing other things, it is her right. Constantly reliving everything Ziva”s character in the show’s history did, is now just being obsessive. Both sides are now just annoying whiners. I do not give merit to anyone who repeats themselves like a dripping faucet, over and over. Not only does that bore me, it annoys me. My greatest wish is these whiners–on both sides–would stamp their little feet, hold their breath, and pass out onto their keyboards, breaking them into pieces and restoring the comment section to the regular fans. Well, I can dream, can’t I? The saddest part is, the ones using various aliases but the same wording, think they are pulling something over on the rest of the board–or forget which name they are using. It is a television show, not a debate over the fate of humanity–if that is not evident, there are some pretty pathetic people roaming about.

• Angela says:

@Brenda Walker: Agreed. And don’t get me wrong, by the way, I totally get missing a character once they leave a show. I really do. If any of my favorite characters ever left shows I like, I’d be sad, too-I get sad when characters that I like but whom AREN’T my favorites leave a show! I’d make my comments about how much I missed them, and talk with other fans about them, too, when possible. There’s nothing wrong with any of that, and I think some anti-Ziva fans here would do well to keep that in mind. She clearly had a fanbase, and just ’cause some people don’t get it doesn’t mean they need to harass those who like her.
            What I would NOT do, however, is bash the new person who replaces them, if any-if I liked them, wonderful, if not, well, then that’s that, but others would, so yay for them. And I wouldn’t spend a year whining about wanting my favorite character back-I would hope to God by then I’d have long accepted things have changed, and either kept watching or stopped doing so and left it at that.
            *Snort* I share your dream. I really do.
            YES. That’s the part that kills me the most about all of this-it’s bad enough they say the same thing in every single discussion, but then they feel they have to create multiple usernames to voice their tired old complaints as well. Do they not think the people running the site won’t catch this? TV Line is really good about catching that stuff, so why even try? Do not get it.

• Jeanie says:

Agree LoraLavine.

• Larc says:

Lightweight, boring character personified by sub-standard acting, IMO. Unlike some others, I wasn’t especially bothered by Ziva’s departure. Tiva had reached the point of getting a bit overdone. But at least Cote could act far better than her replacement. It shouldn’t have been so hard to find somebody with enough talent to play a character with some gravitas, as would be expected in an NCIS special agent. Who would feel safe for even a second with Bishop watching their “six”?

• JBC says:

Agree, I don’t care that Ziva’s time is over but to replace her with a lackluster actress or maybe it’s just the boring script she has to work with, at any rate it has made NCIS a bit dull, when it never was before. Maybe the writers are running out of ideas since the show has gone on so long. To have a new female character on a show, and have to bring in a storyline about her husband to make her interesting is kind of sad. Nothing against the actress but the character is not dynamic enough for NCIS.

• VeeGee says:

Bishop is a sleeping pill. Mediocre actress. Has no connection at all to anyone else in the cast. Wish they had cast Borin as the replacement.

• Brenda Walker says:

You know what a real sleeping aid is? Listening to your constant whining about a fictional character on TV like she is a live person–psssst, NCIS is not reality. Slow hand clap for you, we all get it–you HATE Bishop–are you finally done now? I’ve seen better behavior in a room of five year old children.

• MaggieH says:

She can’t act. All she does is frown. She needs botox for that chasm in between her eyebrows. Just for the record I am not complaining about her eyebrows.

• Angela says:

No, but what you are complaining about sounds no less ridiculous. Botox for the part between her brows? Really?
          It’s really depressing to see women being so judgmental of other women’s looks. Real boost for our gender there, people.

• Emmaline says:

OMG so sad for you. Your idol doesn’t give a rats patootie about you and the others. Have any of you heard a single word from her? Has she ever thanked a single one of ya for your loyalty? HA! you waste your time and energy Shes moved on and left you all behind

12. Bwhit says:

Thanks for covering Shameless! Mickey and Ian are the best couple on the show, so this news makes me sad. Mickey made so much progress last season so I hope they can work it out. I want to know if Justin Chatwin will make any appearances this season because I got so excited when he was in that last scene.

• Fran says:

It makes me sad too but it is Shameless so I figured we wouldn’t get too much happiness … But I think this will give us the opportunity to see some more fantastic acting. Noel was unbelievable last year so I can’t wait to see more of that. I haven’t heard much of anything about Justin Chatwin so I don’t know what’s going on there.

13. So, Talbot can find Coulson, but he can’t find the Hulk. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

14. ISecondThat says:

belle’s past!? omfg FINALLY! that’s all I’ve been dreaming of for 3 years. please just don’t screw up her story. omg yissssssssssssssssssss

15. Caitlin Garafola says:

Thanks for the Defiance scoop! The rest of the season sounds great!

16. Drew says:

It would be funny if Ichabod was excited to see Abbie vote, and then cringed at what she was voting for.

17. EllenM says:

Thank you so much for getting us Belle scoop, Matt! You’re the best!

18. K says:

Belle backstory? Can this be true? The world is made of rainbows and lollipops!

19. Gabi says:

The producers of NCIS seem to want to lose viewers between the new Tony romance with another woman that is not Ziva and the continuation of the Bishop disaster saga.

• Dmac says:

No, they just want to lose you and your Ziva cult who will not accept that Ziva left on her own accord becuase she wanted too and she is not coming back. Life goes on and Tony needs to move on. Bishop isn’t a disaster, what is a disaster is disallusioned fans who have an obsession with a character in which the person playing her was willing to let her go and move on to other things and yet, you can’t. Kind of pathetic don’t you think, you care more about Ziva than Cote does. Ziva is GONE deal with it and move on.

• 'A' Has Spoken says:

So tell me what exactly they should do then?! Ziva/Cote is NOT coming back. Should Tony just stay single forever in hopes of pleasing all you die hard Tiva fans or should he actually move on with his life? And Bishop is here to stay no matter if you like it or not. Disaster? HA! No, not even. You people just don’t want to accept that she’s on the show now while Ziva is not. Get. Over. It. -_-

• OlivaK says:

With some of the horrid comments that I’ve seen written by these “special” viewers–I hope they get lost ASAP and let the regular fans sit back and enjoy NCIS. Moving a storyline along is how shows work. Funny, Cote is moving on with her career–what is a disaster is the select group who refuse to honor what SHE wants.

• Dean says:

Their belief that CBS fired her or didn’t increase her salary probably makes it easier for them.

• You mean the 3+ million viewers that NCIS lost from the season premiere to the season 11 finale…..which was the lowest rated season finale since season 7? Or the one full point drop in 18-49 demo. This is based on L+7 data for the season. Sure, the regular fans will site back and enjoy the show, if they don’t lose more viewers.

• NoChance says:

Today on the set the show is celebrating being the #1 Drama in the world. I don’t think anyone there are crying in their Wheaties.

• TullaT says:

It became #1 in the world for season 10.

• VeeGee says:

I saw the pictures, and it’s obvious Cote got zero credit for her 8 years of hard work, helping the show become number one in the world. Especially considering the award was for 2013, most of the world is behind the US, so they were watching the show with Ziva. I hope it was a fun party.

• NoChance says:

Isn’t Cote somewhere filming “The Dovekeepers”? I know she’s been cast but don’t know the shooting schedule or where it’s being filmed but probably not in Valencia, CA where “NCIS” films.

The show became #1 in the world due to the hard work of everyone, not just one single person and it’s disingenuous to everyone else to imply it.

• Jeanie says:

It sure seems like it Gabi.

• as524 says:

We get it…your sole focus for NCIS is ziva & tiva….time to move one already….

20. Darlene says:

“Oh, Internet. You amuse me.” Best line of the whole article! Good job! When it comes to NCIS, there’s all kinds of crazy stuff being said on the internet.
    Good to know that we’ll find out more about Bishop. I hope they’ll continue showing Tony mentoring her. I’m also excited for the story in Russia; the ongoing baddie played by Alex Veadov, and the introduction of Tony’s new love interest.

• Dean says:

Be careful the ‘real fans’ will get upset with comments like that.

• Darlene says:

I call ‘em as I see ‘em, Dean. I’ve loved NCIS through thick and thin, and I’ll love this show until the end (hey, that kinda rhymed!). Don’t know what kind of fan that makes me but one thing is true – this fan is looking forward to another great season of NCIS this fall!

• Dean says:

Well we’re in the same boat then. (Get it boat?) To season 12 and it offers, just have to put up with another year of the tiva nutties saying NCIS has ‘jumped the shark’

• Darlene says:

Yeah. Got it! As for NCIS ‘jumping the shark’, I think people ought to see that episode of Happy Days where Fonzie literally jumped the shark in order to understand what that really means (MeTV is your friend! It’s probably on YouTube as well). NCIS is not even in shark infested waters.

• TullaT says:

I saw that Happy Days episode when it first aired on live TV, and I do think NCIS jumped the shark last year.

• Darlene says:

You mean the year they made the whole team criminals in the second half of Season 10, TullaT?

• VeeGee says:

yes they did, they made the whole team criminals. Thanks to Gary. I don’t understand what he was trying to do. but that’s when it jumped the shark. Bishop is the nail in the coffin. Insipid character.

• Brenda Walker says:

Well, I see insipid here, and it certainly isn’t a television character….

• Emmaline says:

here here Darlene good for you i feel the same. NCIS is a team story, Naval Criminal Investigations not a love story like tiva Im in for another 11 wonderful years as the #1 watched show NOW in the world

21. HAP says:

Re: Sue Heck/ Eden Sher- Eden is a very pretty 22 year old who spends considerable time in makeup to transform into Sue.

22. Bruce_F says:

Thanks for the Finding Carter info and for the NCIS-related laugh. Both are appreciated.

23. Leslie says:

Yay Belle backstory!!! I am so glad to see more about her.

24. Really do hope we’ll hear more about McGee’s dad and maybe even his mom. Bishop who?

• VeeGee says:

who honestly cares about her husband? at best it’s wondering what kind of loser would marry her.

• Brenda Walker says:

*SIGH*, want some cheese to go with your continual whine? I’d also be careful about tossing the loser label around–you do comprehend, you are throwing massive attitude at a FICTIONAL character, aren’t you?

25. Pat says:

I am happy to see the Belle flashbacks on Once Upon A Time. Also,again I am given some great news on Sleepy Hollow. I cannot wait to see Abbie when she goes to vote and explains this to Ichabod. I cannot wait to hear his response. He always answers with good ones, so this should be no different. Thank you for a Modern Family update. Also, Major Crimes please give the Doctor a first name.

26. Anna D. says:

Bishop as a character would probably be fine if they had hired an actress that could actually play the role. Wickersham is awful! No matter what she does, she just comes off as a skinny little immature brat with a frown. Her interpretation of the role is to read and mumble her lines from a script and to look constipated and clueless! The writers have her obsessed with junk food, and she’s an anorexic looking. Nothing is even remotely realistic, and she’s doesn’t pull off being a smart analyst or a probie agent.

No wonder fans keep complaining! For the most part, it’s not really about Cote anymore. Everyone I know has accepted she moved on, and we wish her well. A good actress could fill the void Cote left, and people would come to accept a new character. Too bad they hired a dud to replace her! The fans who love Wickersham are most definitely those who hated Cote for years. They will be happy with anything that breathes!

• You should see the comments about Agent Borin on Twitter and NCIS Facebook….so many fans would have accepted Borin as Ziva’s replacement!!!

• NoChance says:

Isn’t Borin the same rank as Gibbs? Coming to the team would push Tony down from SFA and McGee would have to go back to being the Probie because there’s no way she’d accept going from being a team lead for the Coast Guard to being an NCIS probie.

• as524 says:

Of course they would have…she’s a KNOWN character & most fans don’t want their comfort food changed around too much.

• TullaT says:

Wickersham seems like a nice girl, but she sure as heck doesn’t pull off being a special agent. She doesn’t come across as much of a genius either.

• Brenda Walker says:

Well, kudos to you for not mentioning her horrible eyebrows–a first. I enjoyed Cote the years she was on, however, I also have enough respect for her wishes to leave and wish her well. I’ve never hated a television character in my life, and I am also mature and sane enough to recognize that it is a fictional character and not a real person. To say fans who like Emily are definitely those who hated Cote, is not only a lie, it is also one of the most childish things I’ve ever seen written here–and there have been many. As far as being happy with anything that breathes–well, I’m assuming you breathe–and I’m definitely not happy with you at all. Reality–wow, what a concept……

• Anna D. says:

I didn’t think eyebrows were a job requirement? Or maybe they are! I think Emily is obviously happy with her eyebrows. I’m sorry you think they are horrible! :)

The childish thing I’ve ever heard is all of you claiming the Bishop bashers (as we are called) can’t see past Cote. Not true, but I also can’t help but notice that the posters who defend and supposedly love Emily as Bishop are the same ones that also bash Cote. It’s pretty obvious they would accept anyone with a pulse.

• Brenda Walker says:

Well, then you need glasses, if you had bothered to read everything I posted you might have noticed my comment about Cote. Also, I didn’t say I thought Emily had horrible eyebrows–but, implied that comment is used in almost every single remark when the whiners start. “Dark eyebrows and blonde hair” is the war cry of the whiners. I can recognize the fact that when an actress makes a PERSONAL choice to leave and try new things, I can be adult enough to wish her the best and honor her request. By the way define “all of you” when speaking of others–the entire universe? The people who genuinely enjoy NCIS and the various characters who evolve throughout the show–or anyone who dares to disagree with your words of wisdom. I dare you to find one word that I have written that “bashes” Cote–guess what–you won’t. As for accepting anyone with a pulse, well, you must not have a pulse, because I’m certainly not accepting your childish declarations of “I’m right, your wrong” nah,nah. Massive, fail.

• as524 says:

Best laugh I’ve had in a while reading this post….

27. TullaT says:

Sorry to hear Bishop is returning. She’s a really boring additoin to the show and I’m not really interested in her family life.

• OlivaK says:

Yet, here you are posting a comment about a character you are not “interested” in. Logic is hard isn’t it?

28. Jeanie says:

Glad we’re going to see more about McGee’s dad, but I could care less about Bishop, and her husband.

29. Gave bishop 16 chances. My family and I used get together for Tuesday nights for NCIS. Not so much anymore. We end up talking and completely forget about what is happening on the show. Please bring back cote de Pablo as Ziva David.

• Dean says:

She wanted to leave for reasons that are her own what are you going to do threaten her family unless she returns? I wouldn’t put it past you.

30. NoChance says:

Thanks for more NCIS scoop, Matt. Hoping for the best that Admiral McGee beat his cancer but not getting my hopes up.
    It’ll be nice to find out more about Probie’s Probie.
    Thank you for shutting down the rumor mill, even though I hadn’t seen this one.

• Dean says:

It would be some miracle if he did he did say it was stage 4.

• NoChance says:

I believe in miracles. Stage 4 is grim but there’s still a chance for survival. Might sound mean but I’d love a story that McGee finds out his dad’s in remission and then maybe DiNozzo Senior dies unexpectedly – like Gary dying in a car wreck when Nancy found out she was in remission from cancer on “thirtySomething”. That storyline still makes me cry.

• Sherri says:

I had wondered, too, about the Admiral since they had mentioned it was stage 4 cancer. It would be nice to hear something about McGee’s mom.

31. Eleanor Shea says:

I just do not think this is a whole lot of time left on NCIS to develop Bishop’s character and keep the ratings the have. They were down to 15.88M and that was because of the Ralph Waite tribute in which we did not see all that much of his clips. CBS please bring back Cote as Ziva.

32. Joey says:

Loving the info on Shameless, as much as it breaks my heart to hear it! Ian and Mickey are great together. Here’s hoping it only /looks/ like Ian is cheating.

33. Marie Hixon says:

The Ellie Bishop character has fallen flat with my family and I. Lot’s of hype and then fizzed. We get sidetracked talking about stuff during the commercials and then before we know it the episode is done. That never happened before. As we see it there is not a whole lot of time left on this show. It would be better off to call Cote and ask her to come back.

34. Ann says:

Oh it was about time, for some Belle’s background! Emilie is just lovely plus Belle is one of the most iconic female characters on the Disney world. I’m just so happy to see HERSELF as woman and person BEFORE Rumple, she – as a character – really needed that. Thank you for this wonderful news, just made my day!

35. Jennifer says:

I’m happy for the Belle fans. I’ve been mostly indifferent to the character since Skin Deep and I agree she’s been criminally underutilized and her pre Rumple backstory is beyond overdue.

36. Natalie says:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU!THANK YOU! I’ve been waiting for Belle’s backstory for such a long time!!!

37. Dottie says:

Do you have any news about the actor who was the star on Glades. I can’t remember his name but I saw his picture on TV a week or so ago that he is going to be in a new series. Please help me. We really liked him, Thanks.

38. Cheryl Gress says:

For the first time in 9 years I do not have an anticipation for the NCIS season premier. Season 12 tidbits do make it sound like what another viewer wrote, A three ringed circus soap opera. Another Gibbs ex wife, bishop’s husband and Tony meets yet another woman during case. Didn’t he meet Ziva that way? i agree this show does not have enough time left to grow up the Bishop Character. It looks like Gibbs is turning Tony to be just like him.

39. Andrea says:

I’m curious who will be cast as Jake, and I’d definitely like to see McGee’s dad and Penny again. Wonder if Lily Tomlin would consider an encore?

40. arial2 says:

Re NCIS: Glad Bishop stays a regular, but will we get more CG Agent Abby Borin (Diane Neal)? The best chemistry with a woman (romantic or just friends) Gibbs has had since Jenny’s departure.

• Sherri says:

I never cared for Jenny as a romantic interest for Gibbs. I much preferred him with Dr. Ryan….. wouldn’t mind if she pops back up.

• MaggieH says:

Borin is outstanding, has had only a handful of episodes, but she fits GREAT with the whole team. She’s a spitfire, great fun. Can’t understand why she wasn’t hired as Ziva’s replaxcement.

• as524 says:

Really do not like Abby Borin & would be perfectly happy to not see her again..

41. I enjoy Modern Family. It is a good comedy, however, I am feeling dismayed about the storyline about the abnormally strict teacher, and an elementary teacher at that. Teachers like this do not represent real-life teachers at all, and I think giving that impression is unfair. I realize that this is played for laughs, but as I spent my entire life being a first grade teacher I feel a little betrayed.

42. LaPiquante says:

Isn’t Adrian Pasdar Persian or something? I remember, he can grow a pretty solid beard in a blink. It’s darker than the rest of his hair, so it looks fake, though. I’m willing to bet that ridiculous moustache is real.

43. Amy says:

Thanks for the Belle scoop. She’s my favorite. :)

44. J. says:

Can’t wait for more Belle backstory!! I’ve been waiting forever to see her life before she met Rumpe!!

45. TDXI says:

“In Season 10 on NCIS, we finally met McGee’s dad”

Only we’ve already met him. His Dad The Admiral has been in the show previously.

• Pete says:

Yes, as the line you quoted says, we met McGee’s dad in season 10.
      The question then goes on to ask “will we see him again?” in the upcoming season 12.

46. Lisa says:

Finally ‘once upon a hook’ is giving space to other characters!
    About time!

Hook is glued to Emma and in every scene lately, but Regina had 9 minutes of screen time in the 2 hours season finale and now they’re filming episode 3 and she has been barely on set in the last 4weeks! (And her only storyline is about a stupid love interest)

Belle had 30 mins of screentime in all season 3 so…about time!

47. Biya says:

If everyone thinks the bashing of Bishop is a terrible thing, you need to go and read the posts on the Young & Restless site! Talk about haters ….. When they let Billy Miller and Michael Muhney go, you would have thought the earth had exploded. Talk about getting really tired of hearing/reading about how the fans are sooooo upset is mind-blowing. I can read a few but boy-oh-boy, are they downers!!

48. NCIS – who cares about bishops past or present or her hubby! get rid of her she is horrible!

49. as524 says:

Matt – thank you for putting to rest the ugliness that continues to surround NCIS by a small amount of ‘fans’ for far too long

• Annette says:

Oh, as524…..as opposed to the many years you bashed Cote on a personal level, here and elsewhere? I believe it was 8 years that you bashed Cote. And I’ll be glad to provide the proof necessary.

50. marisa says:

Have you heard anything regarding how Will Scarlet (The Knave) will be introduced into OUAT this season?