Cable Ratings: Longmire Rises With Finale, Halt and Catch Fire Ends Low

Longmire Finale Ratings

A&E’s Longmire on Monday night wrapped Season 3 with an audience of 3.7 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating (per TVByTheNumbers). That’s up 9 percent and a tenth week-to-week, and on par with its season opener (which did 3.9 mil/0.7).

Versus its sophomore finale, however, the drama was down 16 and 45 percent. Last year, Longmire closed with season highs and yet didn’t get renewal news until late November. So… patience.

RELATED Longmire Season 3 Finale Recap: Feathers and Sons

Elsewhere on Monday night, Deadline reports that FX’s double-pump of the new comedy Partners did 1.1 mil/0.4 and 1.0 mil/0.3, falling somewhere between the cabler’s recent premieres of Married (1.1 mil/0.6) and You’re the Worst (770K/0.4), and improving on the Louie finale’s audience (600K).

RELATED Monday Ratings: Bachelor in Paradise Gets Little Love, Dome Ticks Up

Rewinding to Sunday: Deadline reports that AMC’s Halt and Catch Fire closed its freshman run with its second-smallest audience ever, 574,000 total viewers, and down sharply from its premiere draw of 1.2 mil. (Time slot predecessor TURN earned a renewal with a finale audience of 1.6 mil.)

And just because you’re here, know that FX’s The Strain this Sunday did 2.3 mil and a 1.2 (per TVBTN), up two tenths week-to-week.

1. I liked Halt & Catch Fire. I hope it makes it back for another season.

2. JeffDJ says:

So glad “Longmire” saw good numbers. It was a great finale. A&E better renew this show!

3. What?! says:

Longmire finale was so great! Loved it.
    I’m happy to see The Strain is moving up!

4. Angeles says:

It’s impressive that you are getting ideas from this post as
    well as from our dialogue made at this time.

5. I’m afraid those kind of numbers won’t get Halt and Catch Fire a second season. But, I also don’t feel AMC did much of anything to promote it. Most of the people I mentioned it to, had never heard of it until I brought it up. Really hope I’m wrong and they give it another shot.

6. Jane says:

I hope Longmire gets renewed. Halt & Catch Fire I’m ok with either way. I watched it but didn’t really get attached to it. I love Lee Pace and he was good in it but his character just really never clicked with me. Cameron was a brat. Gordon & Donna I liked ok. The character I liked best was the owner of the company and I guess he was going to jail. If it comes back next year I’d probably watch it but if doesn’t I’m ok with that also.

7. Lee Jackson says:

Without a doubt, Longmire has one of the best cast on TV today. From Robert Taylor to Lou Diamond Phillips…excellent. The writing is superb adhering to the old adage, “If you don’t have something to say …”! Every scene is well thought out and locations are beautiful. I hope A&E is smart and renews this series!

8. Thanks for The Strain Ratings!

9. Holt88 says:

Longmire is the best show on TV and needs to be renewed! Great acting, excellent scripts, and smart story lines make this show a definite keeper! Loved the Finale! A&E renew Longmire!

10. My Info says:

I love Longmire when is it coming back on?