Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll

once-upon-a-time-tyler-jacob-moore

Once Upon a Time has added a familiar face — and a very familiar voice — to its Season 4 riff on Frozen.

Tyler Jacob Moore (Shameless, GCB) has been cast as Anna’s onetime suitor, Hans, E! Online reports.

The recurring character — who will first appear in Episode 3 — is described as “a well-bred prince with a serious chip on his shoulder,” a young man who burns to be king. (Mild spoiler alert for Frozen ahead!) Refined and well-spoken on the outside, Hans has a mean streak a mile wide and will do anything to claim the power and respect he thinks he deserves.

Once Upon a Time John Rhys-DaviesMeanwhile, John Rhys-Davies (of the Indiana Jones and Lord of the Ring films) will provide the voice of “grandpa” rock troll Pabbie, Once executive producer Adam Horowitz announced on Twitter on Monday.

RELATED Once Upon a Time @ Comic-Con: Evil Reborn, Elsa’s ‘Surprise’ and More

Voiced by Ciarán Hinds (Game of Thrones) in the Frozen feature film, Pabbie was charged with “curing” a very young Anna when her big sis Elsa accidentally zapped her with icy magic.

Previously, Once cast Georgina Haig (Fringe), Elizabeth Lail and Scott Michael Foster (Greek) as Queen Elsa, Anna and Kristoff, respectively.

Davies’ long list of previous TV credits includes, to name very few, Legend of the Seeker, Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire and Sliders.

Once Upon a Time returns Sunday, Sept. 28 at 8/7c.

1. LE says:

Ehhh the trolls were the weakest part of Frozen… but anyway.

2. Dan says:

WTF? Olaf is too much of a CGI/SFX complication to be on the show but a rock troll isn’t?

• Dante says:

It’s more of Olaf will serve no purpose. He is a snowman so what would his Storybrooke equivalent be exactly? He was there more for comic relief in the movie than anything else and his presence in OUAT won’t really add anything. The rock trolls on the other hand were Kristoff’s “family”.

• Rob says:

I would think it would be a lot simpler/cheaper to CGI a convincing looking rock textured creature than snow.

3. aa says:

Tyler Jacob Moore! Good choice.

4. Ben says:

John Rhys Davies is always a good addition to anything.

5. I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t
    already ;) Cheers!

6. Joey says:

Fiona’s virgin hookup is going to be on Once, eh? Not even someone from Shameless can get me to watch this trainwreck again.

• I’m surprised he’s going to play “villain” here, since he’s always the nice guy on Shameless. Also, I believe that the cop it’s the guy Fiona’s going to end up with, if she ever ends up with someone, when the show is over.

• Joey says:

If you thought of Steve/Jimmy/Jack as a sort of “protagonist” in the show, Tony was most definitely antagonistic towards him, especially at the very end of the season.

7. Leo says:

I hope the first episode title card will feature Olaf running around in the background. I’ll be satisfied just like that.
    Great casting for Hans. I hope he’s more than just a bad guy.

8. Marie says:

First Kari Wuhrer will be on Sharknado 2 in a few days and now John Rhys Davies will be on Once Upon a Time, is anymore Sliders going to pop anytime soon and if so I think it is time for a Sliders Reunion!!=-)

• AnnieM says:

I’d only want to see that with the *original* characters: Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt, and the Professor. FOX destroyed the show when they demanded the show be ‘sexed-up’ by shoving JRD aside (more or less) and adding Kari Wuhrer to the cast. Her Maggie was awful. :-p

9. KirstyLou says:

Oh I like what you did there… “A young man who burns to be king” I’ve read an article somewhere that they thought Hans had the same powers as Elsa only with fire!!!!! Maybe this is the big reveal….

10. JR1234 says:

Am I going to have to watch that silly Frozen movie in order to understand this season of ouat? I’ve had no desire whatsoever to watch it. Disney’s animated movies are not what they used to be.

• Zorkel says:

Except they pretty much are. The last few have been up to par with the Disney Renaissance, and being that Froen has reached the top five highest grossing films of all time, I wouldn’t think to call it that silly of a movie.

11. rachelle says:

Yaaaaaaay! I like Tyler on Shameless. Super handsome.

12. Really never got into Once but damn I really want to watch for the Frozen part. Love their castings so far.

13. calories burned calculator elliptical

14. try minecraft for free online noob gamer

15. This is really a very traditional flower to get in wedding flower bouquets.

You can accent your mum bouquet with any from the other beautiful
    fall flowers or add sprigs of berries as well as a small gourd inside the center.
    After the florist tape is totally wrapped across the stem and wire, now could be the time to put your greenery behind the flower.

The petals of some types of roses even have a range of color and tone within each petal much like the changing with the leaves for
    the trees. Easter lilies are grown in greenhouses and are not particularity well suited to garden conditions.

16. gluten free graham cracker pie crust