Lea Michele Cast as Sons of Anarchy Waitress Who Connects With [Spoiler]

Lea Michele Sons of Anarchy

It looks like Sons of Anarchy might be ending on a high note — literally.

Glee star Lea Michele announced via Twitter today that she’ll appear in an episode of the seventh and final season of FX’s gritty biker drama — which happens to be her “favorite show,” she added.

TVLine has learned that Michele will appear in the Oct. 14 episode as Gertie, a truck stop waitress and single mom who connects with Gemma during a difficult time.

Michele later Tweeted a photo of herself and director Paris Barclay on the Sons set:

Showrunner Kurt Sutter had promised to announce a “fun guest star” during Sunday’s Sons panel at San Diego Comic-Con, but never ended up dropping a name.

RELATED Sons of Anarchy @ Comic-Con: Jax Will ‘Incite Chaos’ in Final Season — Plus: A ‘Serious’ Prequel Update

Sutter did, however, point to a final arc that will feature Charlie Hunnam’s Jax “inciting chaos”; he also noted that there have been “serious talks” about a Sons prequel series or miniseries.

Two other previously announced guest-stars for Sons‘ final spate of episodes — Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson — have musical backgrounds, too. Back in Season 5, another actress who rose to fame in a teen-oriented musical role — High School Musical‘s Ashley Tisdale — guested on Sons as an elite escort.

RELATED Glee‘s Final Season Episode Count (Finally) Revealed

Michele’s Sons gig comes as she prepares to film an abbreviated sixth and final season of Fox’s high-school musical Glee.

Sons of Anarchy returns to FX on Sept. 9 at 10/9c with a super-sized hour-and-45-minute premiere.

1. Gon says:

Great news!! Would love to see her in a badass role that doesn’t require her to sing

2. Tom says:

Crow Eater or a more legit role? Would be nice to see a different side of her acting

3. MEG says:

at least it’s only an episode.

4. JJM says:

Probably getting revenge for those people who sold Cory the drugs!

5. she will be a prostitute for sure.

6. sam says:

But what song is she going to sing?

7. Kenbud says:

There’s very little this incredible show does wrong, so I’m not the least bit worried about the casting.

8. Ella says:

Lea actually does the serious stuff pretty well – Glee’s the first comedy she’s ever done. I’m looking forward to this. She’s in real danger of being typecast to one kind of character if she doesn’t jump into some really different roles ASAP.

9. Janeth says:

I love Lea’s comedy side but thank god she’s going back to the serious roles.

10. Leo says:

Good for her resume. I fear for her TV career post-Glee. In fact I’m afraid for anyone in Glee.

• KC says:

Why? Many already do a lot more outside the show. Their own music, books, movies, etc. Don’t be afraid for them, they will all be fine and they don’t need your worry. LOL

• Chol H Yoon says:

She could always go back to Broadway. I would love to see her in Les Mis as Eponine, a role she played before.

11. Cas says:

While I’m not saying she isn’t talented, really there isn’t any other options out there? Since Tara is gone and they kept around Wendy (who btw is awful. I’ve always disliked Drea) I feel like they could get a real good guest star.

• Kack says:

How is she not a real guest star? She is a 2x golden globe, emmy nominated actress with nearly 20 year experience in show biz?

12. j says:

I am not holding my breath that this will be anything significant. All their one off guest stars have been rather pointless such as Ashley Tinsdale or Joel McHale. This just reeks of stunt casting that will amount to a couple scenes that don’t really matter.

p.s. No this is not her favorite show.

• Jess says:

She has a lot of favorite shows. Just how she talks. She bInge watches tv so no reason to believe she is not a fan of the show either.

13. Andrew Hass says:

I think that’s great for Lea Michele.This way when Glee ends next season casting scouts could know her and being on Sons Of Anarchy could open the door for more dramatic roles for her.

14. Bill says:

Excellent interview with two great actors and characters.

15. LilAngel says:

I want to see her more in dramatic roles. She is very talented and that’s a good show. So it is win-win

16. marlene says:

good thing this is last season for SOA, otherwise her being on the show will -would be a jump the shark moment!

17. Nikki says:

I don’t watch Sons of Anarchy, but I may watch this episode simply to see Lea Michele in a different role. She needs to branch outside of singing and upbeat roles if she wants to be taken seriously as an actress after Glee ends and I think a gritty, respected show like SOA could be a great test drive. It’ll be interesting.

18. Amanda says:

Ugh. My least favorite invading my favorite show… Not pleased.

19. Krista says:

Well, we now know that Gemma isn’t getting offed in the first 4 episodes! Hahaha!

20. Fernanda says:

This is the time for the gleeks to looking for their future. I’m glad for Lea to find another jobs when Glee ends but I wanna see her with J Groff in Looking

21. Jillian says:

so now I have to watch SOA on Netflix before her episode.. challenge accepted!

• B says:

If the only reason you will watch this is to prepare for a small part by a Glee star…you will probably hate this show.

22. Joey says:

I wonder how she’ll react to being on a show with good writing.

23. rntra64 says:

Can’t wait!!! I am going to be SO sad when it’s over. :( p.s. did Juice say ” he’s on a murderous rampage?” :o

24. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

WHY is this bitch INVADING on my favorite tv show?! Thank god it’s only one episode cuz I don’t want to see a character that’s going to be a ‘WASTE OF TIME’ hello!………….that Ashley Tisdale chick she got her ass beat by Gemma and that sh*t was FUNNY. I wish they done the same with this character this girl is playing……. so whatever.

25. Antoinette Geronimo says:

I’m not surprised there’s sons/glee crossover. Katy Sagal played Artie’s mom on glee.

26. Nic says:

Wow! Not a stitch of make-up and still beautiful!