Comic-Con

Grimm @ Comic-Con: Monrosalee's Honeymoon, Sean's 'Interesting' Fate, a New Key and More Season 4 Scoop

Grimm Comic-Con

Fresh off a chaotic finale wedding, the cast and executive producers of NBC’s Grimm spoke with fans Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con to clear the air about the drama to come in Season 4.

RELATED Grimm Locks Up OITNB Actress for Mysterious Season 4 Arc

Following a never-before-seen “home video” from Monroe and Rosalee’s wedding — featuring a hilariously drunk, and still not engaged, Juliette — the Grimm team came out to roaring applause. (And yes, Sasha Roiz was among the group, dressed appropriately in “resurrection white.”)

So… what’s next, following Monrosalee’s hellish nuptials?

“We try to make a honeymoon, but things are complicated in Portland these days,” lamented Silas Weir Mitchell, though Bree Turner suggested that Monroe and Rosalee probably “had a quickie in the VW” after the wedding. So at least their marriage has been consummated.

As for now-powerless Nick, David Giuntoli said that Trubel is basically forced to become his “seeing-eye Grimm” in Season 4, though he “hopes” Nick eventually gets his abilities back.

RELATED Grimm Finale Post Mortem: David Giuntoli and EP David Greenwalt Talk Adalind’s Tawdry Trickery and Nick’s New Normal in Season 4

Of course, Nick’s lack of powers isn’t his only obstacle in the coming season. Following her on-screen boyfriend’s inadvertent affair with Adalind, Bitsie Tulloch teased that “it remains to be seen whether [Juliette] going to forgive him.”

Speaking of past affairs, the Captain will be back in Season 4, though it’s unclear as to how he’ll survive what happened to him at the end of Season 3. (Roiz said the team will find an “interesting” way to save Sean.)

And then there’s Wu, who might have some “shirted rage coming this season,” according to Reggie Lee, who added that his character is “on the verge” of putting all the pieces together.

RELATED Exclusive Grimm Video: Monrosalee’s Future Is So Bright, Nick’s Gotta Wear…

We’ll obviously be seeing new wesen, beginning with an octopus creature that steals people’s memories. (Sounds kind of cute, right?) But one thing you shouldn’t look forward to in Season 4 is a resolution of the series’ seemingly never-ending key saga. Executive producer David Greenwalt said that although a new key will be introduced, we won’t know what “those damn things” actually mean until “year five.”

(But come on, are you really surprised?)

Grimm‘s fourth season premieres Friday, Oct. 24, at 9/8c on NBC.

1. Love this show and looking forward to the end of October for the premiere. Do hope, though, that Nick does not go powerless for long. Interesting tidbit about saving the captain.

• Patrick says:

If Nick doesn’t have his powers back within 3-5 episodes of the return, this show will begin to shed viewers like nothing ever seen.

It was an interesting twist to end the season, but it will get old, quick. I personally think people will start to bail before 3 eps air if the previews don’t show him getting his powers back, pronto.

This whole thing reeks of some behind the scene drama we aren’t hearing about. It shoots far away from one of the 3 major media centers in this country (NYC, Miami, LA), so such drama would be easy to keep a lid on. But Trubel came from nowhere to be the co-bad-arse on the show, and it all feels forced.

Regardless, if Nick goes powerless for wrong, it will ruin the show.

2. Tran says:

Grimm still rules on Fridays. Can’t wait when Season Four begins October 24th (the week before Halloween). THANK GRIMM IT’S FRIDAY

3. James D says:

Love this show but I’m with Patrick on this Nick needs to get his powers back very quickly or the show will suffer for it. I’m already dreading it to be honest but i’m curious to see the aftermath of the finale so i will tune in.

• Patrick says:

This. Honestly, immediately after the finale aired, I was stoked. I couldn’t wait until the season opener. But then, the unthinkable happened.

I came to this site and discovered that the writers didn’t necessarily intend for this to have a quick fix. My initial excitement was due to seeing how he would get his powers back in the season opener. At worst, I thought that the opener would feature Nick figuring out how and why he lost his powers, and how to get them back. Ep. 2 would feature the process of him getting his powers back. At the end of Ep 2, or at the latest end of Ep 3, he would be back.

But the more I read, the more I dread the upcoming season and what I fear will be a protracted process of Nick getting his powers back. If we go 3-4 eps with no real end in sight, viewers will start to flee unless the writing is top notch. And season 4 is the linchpin. After this year, there are going to be enough episodes for syndication, maybe. And the cast’s salaries will go way up. So, the Net has a big decision at the end of the year as to whether or not to renew the show.

Let’s suppose, purely for the sake of argument, that this is an extended period of neutered Nick. If I’m right, and I fear I would be based on the uproar on this site after the post finale interview with the creator/writers, the viewers will flee in droves.

The problem is, the lag in production would not afford the writers time to quickly remedy the problem. Its not like the writers can look at the viewership numbers and internet reaction after episode 2 and decide to do a 360. They can’t say “whoops, lets give him back his powers next week.” The next 4-6 eps will already have been finished. And there won’t be money to do extensive reshoots or simply trash those eps, which would then seem radioactive to the viewership.

I will watch every ep this year, barring some major change in my circumstances. But, I have let eps pile up on my DVR, and then jumped ship forever, for a heck of a lot less than this seeming eff you to the fans. Regardless, lots of fans might not stick around for the long haul. If that happens, this will be the last season of the show, which is one that could run for years if they don’t mess it up. And, it feels like they are trying awfully hard to mess it up.

• Debbie says:

I totally agree. I am waiting for season 4 purposely to see Nick get his powers back. I hope they do not lead us way off in some wacked out storyline where Nick is useless asking every five minutes if its a wesen like Hank does…smh.
        The introduction of Trubel doesn’t bother me although it did take shine off of some of Nick’s Grimm glory. Still trying to figure out where they are leading us with this…(a Team of Grimms?)

The Zombie storyline was left way open…could it be so that Nick can Grimm out in Zombie mode on occassion, even tho his powers on the regular are gone. And Juliette just needs to get a grip…she knows anything can happen in wesen World even fake Juliettes sleeping with her man…

• farai says:

I agree totally, they should give him his powers back soon.

• Emily says:

I know right when I started watching Grimm I was really interested in and I got sucked into the show. Wow I loved the first three seasons but the ending on the third just ruined that part for me but hey I want to see if he gets his powers back. Not only that I also want to see Captain survive but he’s half zauberbiest so I’m thinking his mother comes to Portland. Finally. Maybe.

4. Susan says:

Sounds like some great stuff coming up. Can’t wait for season four Grimm.

5. chattykat11 says:

I’m curious to see how Nick will get his powers back, and how long it will take. I’m thinking that it will not take that long, but then again I don’t want them back that quickly as it would feel rushed. Saw the video that they talked about online, and it’s cute. Love the show and the cast. Can’t wait for late October! :)

6. Zepp OnAir says:

I really like Grimm, has varied scenes of action, science fiction, central charismatic characters, great actors … But the central character, Nick, is the guy who is always suffering, when you win a battle after he loses two, is a hero always in danger. The Grimm would have to be some kind of super man, acting as an exterminator of bad elements. I hope that will change a bit this stage of constant “fragility” of Grimm, Nick. Oops, now he is no longer a Grimm …

7. Hodan says:

There is this weird antagonistic tension in the air whenever Nick and Adalind are in a scene together. I just loved it. I hope they do something with this two rivals.

8. iyakamae says:

Reblogged this on Raunchy Reads and commented:
    Just save that Captain okay…

9. JC1 says:

I agree that they can’t leave Nick without his Grimm powers for very long. I don’t really mind Trubel, but I’m not watching this show for her. I don’t know what’s going on with the show, but I hope they get it together this season. Last season wasn’t horrible, but it did feel like they were flailing a bit. As cute as Monroe and Rosalee are, it felt like they were off on their own show most of the time. And does anyone know why they just abruptly dropped the zombie!Nick storyline they started in last season’s premiere? Where he would turn cold and get superpowered? I wanted to know what was up with that but it got dropped and we never found out anything. And the baby storyline with Adelind stretched out waaaaay too long. Hopefully season four is better.

• Mel says:

I agree, I feel like Nick’s story got dropped in general in order to boost other characters.

• JC1 says:

I don’t know why it got dropped. I don’t know who it would have been to boost. Trubel didn’t come on until the end. Monroe did get shoved to the side, but that was more a function of Hank knowing the secret now and so he’s helping Nick out when it used to be Monroe. I don’t know how they’re going to fix this by the way. I like having Hank in the know, but it really has sidelined Monroe as far as his role in Nick’s Grimm cases.

• sia says:

I couldn’t agree more about Nick’s zombie powers just being dropped! What’s up with that? Oooooo maybe the whole zombie thing will play out next season as a way for him to get his Grimm back on….
      I feel like the writers have chased themselves into a corner here though. First Adelind steals Juliette’s memories of Nick so Nick steals Adelind’s powers and she spends half the season getting them back now she steals his powers and he will spend god knows how long getting them back. This ping pong is going to get old very fast. He needs to kill her or marry her already. I am just tired of her!

• Debbie says:

There were too many storylines in season 3. As viewers it is hard to stay hooked on multiple stories that never play out. So now in season 4 we are waiting for 6 storylines…(1)the keys, (2)the baby, (3)zombie, (4)no Grimm Nick, (5)Trubel and (6)a Dead captain?

• farai says:

Am with you, the show is about nick ,I couldnot watch the last episode season 3 after I read the story line. Will only watch after Nick regains his powers, hope its soon.

10. Pat says:

I am excited, for the return of Grimm. I too, hope that Nick will be regaining his powers sooner rather then later. I am so glad that Monroe and Rosalee got married. As for Juliette being mad at Nick because of what Adalind did well she needs to get over it. The team saving Sean should be really interesting and I am glad that his character will be back for this season. I just love this show and I also like that it is on Friday nights.

11. Ashley says:

I agree with a lot of people here – Nick needs to get his powers back sooner rather than later – like within the first 2-3 episodes sooner. He’s going to have to get them back eventually, and any longer than that will just feel like the show is in a holding pattern. I do wonder, though, if Nick losing his powers will lead to him being able to bring Adalind into the fold; now he knows what it’s like to lose what makes up a huge part of who he is, he can better sympathize with what she went through (and what she did).

I’ve liked Juliette in season 3, but her needing to “forgive” Nick for sleeping with someone else when that someone else looked and talked just liked her, wore her clothes, and came out their bathroom? Sweetie, get over it or leave.

12. Mel says:

I stopped watching this show mid season 3 because I couldn’t stand Juliette. From the recaps I’ve read it sounds like she’s only gotten worse. And now Nick doesn’t have powers?

13. JC1 says:

*shrugs* Personally I’ve had no issues with Juliette this season. I think she works a lot better when she’s in on the secret and Nick isn’t trying to hide stuff from her.

14. sia says:

Forgive him for his affair? Seriously? I know it sucks for her but come on HE DIDN’T KNOW HE WAS CHEATING!! He loves her would never cheat on purpose.

I do think that he will be getting his powers back in the first half of the season cause Trubel or no Trubel, he is the main character. He is the THE Grimm. I don’t want to watch a show about Trubel. She should move on to some place where there is no Grimm yet. Nick is the hero so stop stealing his thunder. Grimm team is complete no need for extras.

15. HB says:

I loved the finale…didnt see wessen freaking out on trubel coming…I really like the show.
    Is it just me or others like renard-julliete more than nick-julliette. I wud love to see jules playing an imp part in bringing renard back…u know returning the favor sort of thing.
    Nick shud get his abilities soon but I really wanna see him living a normal life fr a bit.

• YJ says:

I used to think I was the only one with this “weird” pairing favorites of mine: Juliette/Captain and Nick/Adalind.. I don’t know why but i just love seeing those to pairs in a scene on screen.

16. Christine says:

Wonder if Adalind will be pregnant after what happend at the end of season 3. That is a possibility. What would be funny is if the baby were a Grimm. I think like other commenters that if Nick does not get his powers back promptly, I’ll lose interest.

17. Stephanie says:

This is an incredibly awesome show, but I feel like they’re hinting to end the show at season 5? Does anyone know if this is true? Also, the finale was pretty good, last season’s was better in my opinion but that may be just because I loved the idea of Zombie Nick!! I’m also with a lot of people on this one, what happened to that story line? I would love to see that come back in season 4, if the writers want to do a good job with this show and keep it running, I would suggest they don’t just drop awesome story lines, keep them going until it starts getting old. Also, Monroe and Nick’s bromance has been seriously lacking this season… if Monroe hadn’t asked Nick to be his best man, I wouldn’t even have thought they were very good friends! Monroe needs to get back to being Nick’s go-to Grimm guide:D As for season 4, I am super excited, I do kind of hope they give Nick his powers back soon and in an awesome way (of course) like in maybe 2-3 or 3-4 ep? but if they stretch it out, I don’t really care that much. I’m pretty sure I’ll never stop watching this show as long as Nick, Monroe, and the Captain are still there. I have a funny feeling though, (going into cute demon baby story line) that Diana will end up having some Grimm DNA in her (hmmm, how’d that happen? Also Renard+Nick+Adalind= crazy lovechild) cause she’s so freakin’ powerful apparently and she’s got an obsession with Nick’s picture in that locket, also Nick’s MOM is raising her?? If I was Nick, I’d be a jealous child, haha. Finally, I do think that Juliette has seriously got to get over her whole “you cheated on me!” thing for three reasons, 1) Adalind is a freakin’ witch Wesen who pretty much BECAME Juliette and seduced an all too eager Nick, 2)Nick is pretty much an awesome guy with kind intentions and personally he’s got way too many issues to be dealing with and doesn’t need his girlfriend hurting him yet again…which brings me to my final 3)She seemed to forget what happened in season 2 pretty quickly and became the innocent victim, she did some cheatin’ too. Now I’m sure you Juliette shippers out there are probably saying “but she didn’t have her memories and the not so evil (maybe?) Zauberbiest Sean unintentionally was under a spell with her making them uncontrollably attracted to each other!” in other words, it wasn’t her fault…sound familiar?? Don’t get me wrong, Juliette’s cool, she just needs to get over herself and be back to early season 3 Juliette who found Nick’s mom, worded Nick’s Grimm stories for the books in the trailer, and was all around a better person. So can’t wait for season 4! Awesome cast and can’t wait to see how they tie up loose finale ends!!

18. Ree says:

Ok,ok, everybody slow down, lighten up. Let’s allow these great writers do their jobs. The Grimm and his Grimm girl buddy will work it all out. Besides I’m hoping Grimm falls for Trouble and then we can really watch the sparks fly.

19. Mibi says:

A powerless Nick will get old really fast. The elephant in the room for every episode will be ” will Nick get his powered back this time?”

New Wesen is always a good thing!

20. Eugene says:

Yes I agree debbie

21. Eugene says:

I bought Season 3 on DVD Tues and I gotta say it was good but however I don’t care for the Adeline story cause she’s just trouble and her story line is lame.But I will love to see more of Nicks mom in season 4 cause she’s awesome. Also I notice that nicks story line wasn’t that much played in season 3 cause cause they kept showing the freedom fighters trying to take down the royals which I don’t care for at all.I weather just stick to the zombie story line and the keys and nick getting his power back Also the cop wu I would love to see him get in on the Grimm team.Season 3 was OK but So far I have not really being impress cause of the new stuff they bringing in but I’m gonna give it a try.But I hope Adeline gets killed off and if nick don’t get his powers back after3 or 4 episodes I’m done