Comic-Con

Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz Talk Bones' Big Changes, Booth's Beard and a Volatile Marriage Topic

When Fox’s Bones opens its 10th season on Thursday, Sept. 25, Brennan will be dealing with big changes.

VIDEO Scoop on Bones‘ ‘Out of the Ordinary’ 200th Episode and More

Having barely survived that season-ending shootout, only to wind up framed for murder by a mysterious conspiracy, her husband “Booth is very different when we come back,” Emily Deschanel shared with Michael Ausiello during a visit to TVLine’s San Diego Comic-Con video suite. Locked up behind bars, the G-man will deal with a bit of PTSD, as well as get a bit scruffy.

David Boreanaz says he’s no fan of the facial hair (“It’s a choice” as an actor), then speculates about how quickly (or not) his character might lose it.

While Booth stews, Brennan is left “trying desperately to clear Booth’s name, to get to the bottom of the conspiracy,” she said.

RELATED Bones Season 10: Watch the First Trailer

There will also be a transition on the literal home front, seeing as the aforementioned gunplay left B&B’s house in shambles. Deschanel and Boreanaz said the marrieds’ new digs are “awesome” yet “very different” from their previous home. (Maybe relocating to a place that has “lots of glass,” as they say, isn’t prudent given what just happened…?)

RELATED Exclusive: Bones Recruits 24 Alum as Booth’s FBI Protégé

Also in the above video Q&A: Deschanel and Boreanaz talk about Booth getting his own version of a “squint,” an upcoming pregnancy and the one topic that could tear at the very fabric of their characters’ happy marriage!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Comic-Con, Interviews, Video

1. Tex Mike says:

Matt, Please find out if Dr. Gordon Gordon Wyatt is coming back.

2. Thanks to my father who stated to me concerning this
    web site, this website is actually remarkable.

3. M3rc Nate says:

I stopped watching Bones id say…1? 2? seasons ago…but i’ll admit what happened and what is planned (teased in this vid) sounds interesting.

4. ccirms.com says:

With havin soo mch content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a lot
    of unique contesnt I’ve either authored myself or
    outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without myy authorization. Do you know any ways to help stop
    contednt from beinbg stolen? I’d certainly appredciate it.

5. Linda says:

I always enjoy joint interviews between these two. It only solidifies the feeling that they truly like and respect each other when you see this off the cuff repartee. That is another reason for the series’ longevity – honest regard and appreciation for the other. That carries over into their on-screen work. You can believe them as a couple. I am looking forward the Season 10. Storylines put forward in this and Stephen Nathan’s with Ausiello sound promising.

6. Deborah says:

Not too many shows hold your interest for ten years and Bones should be proud it has achieved just this. Last season’s finale was fabulous and everything I have heard about S10 only gets me more excited. I agree that David and Emily are obviously such good friends and Bones fans shouldn’t under-estimate how unique that is. Bring on S10 !!

7. Pat says:

Thank you for this interview, with David and Emily. One thing I will never understand is why Booth would want to return to an agency that to me seems to betray him. It will be hard for me to see Booth in Prison. I just want everything to go back to normal but as I read these articles and listen to the videos I have to prepare myself for the new normal that will be coming up in Season 10.

8. EJ386 says:

This next season sounds interesting. I hope they really mix it up and we don’t get back to the status quo by episode 2.

9. Lois says:

Lots to look forward to next season!
    Poor Booth and Brennan, it sounds like a rough start.
    David and Emily are great. I would love to see Gordon Gordon again, he could prove helpful to Booth right about now!

10. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Great interview with Emily and David, can’t wait for the new season of Bones!

11. Susan Woodward says:

It took years to get Booth and Bones together, please do not tear their marriage apart. Let them work everything out together, as a team, not advisories.

• nightmareblade177777 says:

there not going to ever break them up Hart and Nathan already said that once there married there staying together through the good and the bad times and in the beginning there is going to be some very bad times .

12. I think Booth having someone to mentor is a great idea… I just wish it could still be Tina Majorino’s character…

13. paco says:

Could not hear a word. Something wrong with the audio…played on multiple devices…

14. NIKKI HEAT says:

LEAVE THEIR MARRIAGE ALONE! LEAVE ANGELA’S MARRIAGE ALONE!

• Ali says:

It will be ok in the long run, both David and Emily have said they are “solid” and it brings them closer together. We just need to get thru the crud to get there. No worries. My biggest concern is that Brennan will listen to her squints over her husband as she has done time and time again. ugh

15. leigh says:

I expect bones to have at least 12 seasons. More, if possible, please! Also, the series can’t possibly end without resolving the issue of Zach! There is an untold story there and we fans need to know how it goes. Zach didn’t kill anyone yet he’s in prison/psych ward. Please don’t forget Zach!

16. Ruth Ann Walker says:

Thank you for a great interview, simply Love Emily & David (Emily is my favorite), but love the whole cast, they are like a family with different problems to solve, but being a romantic, I Love Emily & David together and their chemistry is awesome. Looking forward to Season 10 and more Seasons 5-10. BONES best show on TV.

17. Michael says:

A superb programme and my fav American TV since the days of cheers and hill st blues. They have such great chemistry and seem so at ease with each other. The whole cast are superb with of course all the brilliant interns.btw I wish my work had the babe fest we see on bones. Brennan, Angela and cam. Are they hot or what. I wish I worked at the Jeffersonian.

18. Sunny Mayer says:

Sorry but this conspiracy doesn’t tweek my interest. They already played that game with Brennan. I’m can see by the other comments that I am among the few but when this stuff happens to the main characters there is only one outcome-clear their name(s) or end the show with it up in the air. They still have an ace in the hole which maybe that’s what they are going here for. Remember the ingenious computer dude who wiped his identity clean and established a new one and got deported or at least left the country???? I don’t want to ruin this for some newbies so I’ll just stop here.