Sleepy Hollow EPs Tease New Baddies, Romantic 'Bombs' in Season 2 — Plus: Scary-Good New Cast Photos

Cast L-R: Orlando Jones, Katia Winter, Tom Mison, John Noble, Nicole Beharie and Lyndie Greenwood

Will Sleepy Hollow’s Ichabod and Abbie finally “go there” in Season 2?

Obviously, that was the first thing reporters wanted to know Sunday during the show’s panel at the Television Critics Association summer press tour — but just like the supernatural Fox drama itself, Ichabbie’s future isn’t that simple.

RELATED Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Look Who’s Playing Ichabod’s Psycho Ex!

“Their relationship is at the core of everything we do,” executive producer Mark Goffman explained. That said, “There are going to be some real trust issues [this season].”

The real romantic drama in the 18 episodes of Season 2, it seems, will go down between Ichabod and his wife.

Sleepy Hollow Season 2“We’re going to drop a few bombs this season with Crane and Katrina,” Goffman teased. “We’re going to find out a few things that neither of them could possibly be prepared for.” (And considering they recently discovered their son is the Horseman of War, that’s really saying something.)

Star Tom Mison noted that the impending apocalypse is a bit of a “mood killer” when it comes to Ichabod and Abbie’s will-they-won’t-they relationship, while co-star Nicole Beharie doesn’t seem to be in any rush to get the two together.

“I think it’s interesting and kind of fun … that she has a relationship with a man, but it’s not romantic,” Beharie said. “She’s not defined by some sexual [desire]. She’s unearthing all these things about her past and her history through this person who seems like he shouldn’t be in her life.”

RELATED Exclusive: Sleepy Hollow Taps One Tree Hill Actor to Aid Ichabod & Abbie

Season 2 will also introduce an insane (obviously) collection of characters, both natural and supernatural. Co-creator/executive producer Len Wiseman revealed the arrivals of a wendigo and a succubus, as well as two baddies known as Kindred and the Pied Piper. “We’re always twisting things up with some of the legends we’re familiar with,” he explained.

ichabod-abbieAdded Goffman, “We have a new sherrif in town, Lena Reyes, and I think that’s going to pose a lot of cool conflict for Crane and Abbie as they try to work their way in the precinct, as they did with Irving. She has a history in Sleepy Hollow, but has been with the border patrol for a while, so she’s really no-nonsense and a real obstacle.” (Executive producer Heather Kadin noted that Lena will also have a mysterious connection to Jenny and Abbie.)

But fear not; there will also be plenty of the levity and humor that Sleepyheads have grown to love. For example, Season 2 will fine Crane continuing to struggle with the conveniences — or inconveniences — of modern life, including learning how to drive.

(Whether or not that experience means the return of fan-favorite Yolanda, that remains to be seen.)

Thoughts on these new teases, Sleepyheads? Click here to see the new cast photo gallery, then drop a comment below with your hopes for Season 2.

1. uh huh says:

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

2. Alichat says:

I CANNOT wait to see the scenes of Ichabod learning to drive!! And I’m kinda with Nicole on the Ichabbie situation. Right now, I like that she has this relationship….this family she’s formed….with Ichabod. If they ever go down the road to putting them in a romantic relationship, it will need to be at least another season or two down the road, and well written. And I imagine Katrina will need to be out of the picture completely. I just can’t see Ichabod, no matter how much he embraces modern life, moving into a relationship with Abbie when Katrina is still in the picture.

• Angela says:

Agree wholeheartedly with this. I’m not opposed to the pairing at all, ’cause they have amazing chemistry together. But I’m in no rush to see it come to fruition, either, and would love them just as much as friends, too.
      And besides, I’m loving the idea of further exploring Ichabod and Katrina’s life together and their marriage as it is. Same with Katrina herself-it’d be wonderful for her to get a bigger role this season, and have more stuff to be involved in, given that was a big complaint amongst viewers about her character last year (I still liked her even then, myself, but even so…). And Ichabod’s deep love for her is one of the things I like most about his character, so I’m excited to see how all these changes will either deepen his and Katrina’s relationship or significantly alter it some other way.
      I’m also intrigued about the new characters and the spooky encounters everyone will be having. And more of Ichabod adjusting to modern life? Yeeeeeees :D. Bring it on. I’m all for Yolanda making a repeat appearance…and then there’s the fun that can be had with GPS…
      Ahhhh, so excited to get news on the show! Can’t wait for September.

• Ally Oop says:

Agreed x 100. I don’t see any romantic chemistry between Ichabod and Abby. They have more of a strong spiritual bond between them, stronger than just friendship but not romantic at all.

• Carla Krae says:

Agreed. I don’t need them to hook up.

• Firelight19 says:

I agree. I wouldn’t mind them getting together later on, but some things would need to change first. I’m In no rush.

3. Babybop says:

All I need in life is more Tom Mison. Can’t wait!

4. tp says:

I wonder if this means that no Orlando Jones or just not for a while.

5. Kay says:

I would like Ichabod and Abbie to be endgame – in around season 10 or so!!! Not before then. Right now, I love the relationship they do have, working partners who care and trust each other.

6. Skittles&Bits says:

Ichabod + Car + GPS = comedic gold. I’m thrilled the writers aren’t going to force the “Ichabbie” pairing; I love their friendly, familial chemistry and I doubt Ichabod would willing betray his wife. He’s practically one of the founding fathers of honor, loyalty, nobility and fidelity. I cannot wait for season 2!!

7. youtube.com says:

Now the very first matter you must do straight away soon after the collision is speak to your insurance policies business.
    However, even in some jurisdictions that do not require a party to claim fault of their partner, a court may still take into account the behavior of
    the parties when dividing property, debts, evaluating custody, and support.

This can make it feasible for him to evaluate your circumstance and resolve your case with absolutely nothing taken against you.

8. Ally Oop says:

Who is Yolanda again?

9. Ally Oop says:

While Crane is my favourite character, my favourite parts of the show are scenes between the two sisters. So happy Lyndie Greenwood is a series regular.

10. JennieErin says:

Apologies because this will probably end up being another Katrinabash. I want Ichabbie as the endgame down the road, not now. I love all the scenes with them and that is enough for now. However I want Katrina gone. If you are a fan of her that truly baffles me. Let me ask this question. There are two glorious episodes that are Katrina free, did you miss her AT ALL in those episodes? Be honest. I really do want to like Katrina & the reason I dislike her is not because I am Team Ichabbie. It really bugs me that they say one thing about her, how she is this powerful amazing character and Ichatrina is epic love story worthy (especially Goffman) but what comes out onscreen is completely opposite. I don’t know whether to blame the writers or the actress more. What I ask is for them to show me what they say. If that was the case from the beginning then I really think I would have liked Katrina but what they have shown me is so glaring given the immense talent of every other actor on the show. Heck I’m pretty sure the inanimate tree monster out-acted her. Or Moloch. Or the Sandman. Please end the madness and make her go away. I am fine with Ichabod being single or testing the waters with someone else after she is gone (as long as she can act) (I have no desire or expectation that he would ever cheat on Katrina while she is alive). But in the end I really hope that he realizes how awesome Abbie and he would be and that is the endgame.

• BK says:

What is so baffling about people liking different things to you, about having a different opinion? To answer you question, I did miss Katrina in the episodes she wasn’t in. And I am a fan of the character.

• Maryann says:

I love Katrina and want to see her as a regular character in the modern world, and I want to see her and Ichabod reunited. Abbie is neither here nor there to me, although I really like her sister. As others have stated, different fans have different opinions.

• RReg says:

I agree with you. The wife should have remained trapped in that alternate universe with moloch

• Aprilcot says:

Completely agree with your entire comment! Katrina is such a snoozefest, I just kind of zone out when they focus on her too heavily.

• Colleen says:

I love that Ichabod is so in love with his wife. It would be beyond ridiculous to me if he suddenly fell for a new woman. If the show now has Katrina in the current timeline I hope they continue to develop her and keep her and Ichabod together for the entire run. It would be a very welcome change to have the male lead be happily married throughout the run of the show.

I don’t want Ichabod and Abbie together at all. Ever. Because it is too overdone and cliched on television.

11. azu says:

I .like ichabbie as just friends nothing more

12. Carla Krae says:

Your gallery doesn’t work for IE. (and yes, I’m using a current version) Haven’t switch browsers to see the images.

13. Sabrina says:

Really looking forward to season 2.

14. Pat says:

Thank you, for some news on Sleepy Hollow. I cannot wait for this show to start up. As for Ichabod and Abbie’s relationship, I think at this moment in time it is good close working and friendship relationship and in order for the show to progress it will have to stay that way. I love these two together and what they have and throwing a love story between them may not be a good thing.

15. Lizo says:

I agree with Behaire, I like that the relationship between them isn’t about their attraction to one another. They are bonded together through faith and circumstance and trust. And I love love love that respect and duty come first and that neither of them is thinking about romance. I’m not opposed to it going somewhere maybe in the future….but I’m more than really okay with it remaining platonic.
    Now, Jenny and Irving – I’m totally down for that.

• RReg says:

I am not ok with them remaining platonic – such on screen chemistry should not be allowed to go to waste. I was OK with Castle and that female detective remaining platonic, but did they? And those two do not have half as much chemistry as Ichabod and Abbie. I was OK with Bones and that FBI guy remaining platonic, but did they? Practically every male female dynamic have gone done the relationship path. This seems to be a staple of shows. Abbie and Ichabod must too take that path.

• RReg says:

Yuck! Irving should return to his ex wife.

16. RReg says:

IchAbbie all the way. That better be the end game.

17. Drew says:

I guess it’s no mystery why a Border Patrol agent would decide to go work for a small town police department. At least she will get to enforce some laws now.

As for Abby and Ichabod in a romantic relationship… Why? Why is it that any time a man and a woman are on screen together people want them to have sex?

• RReg says:

And why not? Have you objected to all the other pairings?

• Drew says:

Because Ichabod is married and not a jerk. Because Abby isn’t some silly schoolgirl who drops her pants every time she interacts with a man. Because they have better things to worry about than the preferred birth control method of a Revolutionary War-era soldier.
        Why must people always insist on having stupid couplings on every show? Even with Supernatural people wanted a pairing between brothers! Get over it, people. Not every story needs to be a love story and not every love story needs to be a romance.

• RReg says:

Because stupid couplings have been on every show since the dawn of tv, it is time we have one that is not stupid. Abbie and Ichi are hot together.
          Wife can be killed off or made to be the bride of Moloch. Yep, let Moloch have the hots for her – they would make a wonderful couple. Case solved.
          Now on with Abbie and Icha please.

• Drew says:

I find it stupid that TV marriages mean nothing. Characters get married or are already married when the show starts and the only question asked is how the marriage will end.
            Abbie and Ichabod are hot together? Not in my opinion. They’re sweet together, in a familial sort of way, but they are not hot together.

• Angela says:

Personally, I’m not wild about killing off characters, especially ones that are good people, just to make room for a new relationship to start. And intriguing as the idea of her in Moloch’s clutches could be…I don’t know if that’s the route I’d want it to go. They would NOT make a “wonderful couple”, they would make a very warped, disturbing couple. No way would she willingly choose someone like him-if crazy things happened and she did wind up with him, it’d likely be because he put a spell on her. That’s not a good basis for a relationship.
            If you want to ship Crane and Abbie on your own time, knock yourself out. It’s a fun pairing to play with, I like it, too. But just because so many shows have gone the “hook up the two main characters” route in the past, that doesn’t mean ALL of them, this one included, have to. Crane and Abbie’s friendship is a strong enough one to enjoy it on its own merits, too. There’s nothing wrong with them remaining strictly friends, either.
            You’re entitled to like whatever pairing you want, but don’t expect everyone to agree with you or conform to what you think should happen. That’s how those stupid, obnoxious ship wars get started, and I’d really like to avoid that crap with this show as much as humanly possible (I know it has shown up online here and there already, but I’ve largely managed to only hear about it and not see it thus far, and I’d like to keep it that way).

18. Sleepyheads? Better than Hollowheads, I guess..

19. tvgeek says:

I love Abbie and Ichabod’s friendship. They don’t need to be romantic. Why is it when you have a man and woman who are friends, people start a waiting game about “when are they going to have sex?” Men and women can be friends without having a sexual relationship.

• RReg says:

Of course men and women can be friends without having a sexual relationship – Abbie and Icha ain’t one of them. They would be much better as lovers.

20. Danielle says:

September 22 cannot come fast enough. Tom Mison is just flat out adorable “There’s not really a shark to jump, because in the pilot we kicked the shark in the teeth.” Can’t wait to see actor and character learn to drive at the same time.

21. herman1959 says:

I agree, let’s not go the romance route at his point; it’s so much more interesting without it. But PLEASE, if Katrina is going to stay around give her something to do and a reason for us to care.

22. Victoria says:

I’m all for Ichabbie down the line, meaning in a couple seasons, but for now, it should stay where it is.

23. Colleen says:

I really hope Ichabod and Abbie DO NOT get into a romantic relationship. I am beyond tired of seeing the male and female leads of shows paired up romantically. It is so cliched. Ichabod is married. He rhapsodizes about his wife. Please, just let the two leads remain friends. That would make the show much more distinctive.

• RReg says:

He rhapsodizes about his wife because to him he just left her and what he thinks he knows about her isn’t really her. She is much better off with Moloch.
      Marriages can end in a divorce. Marriages can end when a spouse gets killed. Let his wife be killed – she has served her purpose by birthing one of the horsemen. Time for her to move on. Perhaps she should be placed on a pyre somewhere. After all she is a witch. There is no good witch – not even Sabrina.

24. Sooner Chick says:

I agree with Nicole. And I am alittle upset about how Luke was tossed aside.He loved her first.