ABC's Fall Premiere Plan Unveiled: Get Return Dates for Grey's, Scandal, Once, Revenge and More

ABC Fall Schedule 2014 Premiere Dates

ABC is the final broadcast net to reveal its premiere plan for the 2014-2015 season, and, for the most part, the network is sticking to a traditional rollout strategy. The latest cycle of Dancing With the Stars is out of the gate first on Monday, Sept. 15.

New drama Forever will get a special sneak preview in Castle‘s Monday-10/9c timeslot on Sept. 22, before settling into its regular post-S.H.I.E.L.D. perch the following night.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to All of the New Shows

ABC’s newly-christened Shondaland Thursday — featuring Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and new addition How to Get Away With Murder — bows Thursday, Sept. 25. The Viola Davis vehicle has a 15- to 16-episode freshman run; the new drama Secrets and Lies will then move to the Thursdays-at-10 slot.

Once Upon a Time, back Sunday, Sept, 28, will again run a split season, with the medieval musical comedy Galavant filling the midseason gap, while Marvel’s Agent Carter will bridge Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s winter break. (At press time, it was unclear if Grey’s and Scandal will also stick with split-season runs, though Shonda Rhimes told us she suspects both shows will.)

VIDEO | Fall TV First Look: Watch Clips of ABC’s New Shows

In addition to Agent Carter, Secrets and Lies, and Galavant, on tap for midseason are the dramas American CrimeThe ClubThe Astronaut Wives Club and The Whispers, the comedy Fresh Off the Boat and new seasons of The BachelorThe Taste and The Great Christmas Light Fight.

All told, the ABC schedule looks like this; click new show titles for details.

MONDAY, SEPT. 15
8 pm Dancing With the Stars

MONDAY, SEPT. 22
10 pm FOREVER (Special Sneak Preview)

TUESDAY, SEPT. 23
9 pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
10 pm FOREVER (regular time period premiere)

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 24
8 pm The Middle
8:30 pm The Goldbergs
9 pm Modern Family
9:30 pm BLACK-ISH
10 pm Nashville

THURSDAY, SEPT. 25
8 pm Grey’s Anatomy
9 pm Scandal
10 pm HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning?

FRIDAY, SEPT. 26
8 pm Shark Tank
10 pm 20/20

SUNDAY, SEPT. 28
8 pm Once Upon a Time
9 pm Resurrection
10 pm Revenge

MONDAY, SEPT. 29
10 pm Castle

TUESDAY, SEPT. 30
8 pm SELFIE
8:30 om MANHATTAN LOVE STORY

FRIDAY, OCT. 3
8 pm Last Man Standing
9 pm Shark Tank (Regular time period premiere)

SUNDAY, OCT. 5
7 pm America’s Funniest Home Videos

FRIDAY, OCT. 10
8:30 pm CRISTELA

1. SS says:

Yay! 2 months and 13 days! until OUAT

2. Sparky says:

And bets on what will get cancelled first – Forever!!!!! Such a cynic but it has a bad time slot and the preview wasn’t the best

• Cindy says:

No, I didn’t want to wait an additional week for Castle! Why not put Forever on the following week? Castle was already scheduled for the 22nd. Ticks me off!

3. Dan says:

Will Scandal be back for 22 episodes??

4. Becky says:

Reading through the schedule, I just realized there’s not a single show I watch (or plan to) on ABC. Maybe next year . . .

• Becky says:

Went back to see if that’s really true, and I forgot one. I do watch Modern Family.

• Et. Al says:

Too bad. As much flack as I give abc it really has the best shows.

• Lei says:

Me, on the contrary, most of the shows I watch are on ABC. Greys, Scandal, Castle, and OUAT. Will gibe how to get away with murder a chance also.

• cindy says:

If you are an intelligent young woman with a good sense of humor and don’t need a show based solely on sex jokes like 2 1/2 Men, I strongly recommend you give Last Man Standing a try

5. Tran says:

How to Get Away With Murder is a must-see for ABC. New comedies are horrible: Selfie, Manhattan Love Story, Cristela and Black-ish (another sitcom with a very bad title).

6. Douglas from Brazil says:

It’s not possible to click in new title shows, they’re dead. Sorry :) for noticing that.

7. Suhail says:

Why is Last Man Standing getting a one-hour/double episode premiere?

8. Matt C. says:

Now than the major networks have unveiled their premiere dates, should we expect a handy calendar soon? Fingers crossed!

9. Rick Katze says:

I would like to thank ABC for delaying Castle one week to show Forever. Thus I will NOT watch Forever and, quite candidly, hope that the jack$$$$$ who came up with it should go to H$LL, especially after that very nasty ending to Castle last season.

Never forget. Never forgive.

• Liz says:

Wow. That’s pretty extreme, if you’re being serious. It’s so hard to tell on the internet. It’s actually a pretty good plan since they’re hoping to draw from a lot of the same audience. I’ll admit the trailer looked a little campy, but Forever is one of the shows I’m most want to check out. To each their own though

• c-mo says:

I hope you feel better now that you’ve gotten that off your chest, Rick. I trust the remainder of your day is better.

• Miriam Maurer says:

Totally agree…watching something else on Tuesday!!Done with Castle as long as Andrew Marlow is anywhere near it!!!God I HATE cliffhangers!!!!!!!!!

10. Eric7740 says:

Matt, are Greys and Scandal doing the split season schedule like last season as well?

11. Coal says:

If How to get away with murder can have the same story telling ability as the first season of Scandal ( and the first 8 or so episodes of Season 2) then it should be gold.

12. Roxie says:

Don’t Castle fans count at all with ABC? Now we have to wait an extra week to see how the writers will fix the show w/o King Marlowe after that horrendous season finale. Bad judgment call by some suit sitting in an Ivory Tower. Rethink and change it before you lose on both shows.

• missteff says:

maybe that’s a good sign delaying “Castle”. That’s when I thought it was going to return anyway, so for me there was no real surprise there. I just hope they can fix it, or the show gone for me. Love it though. And why would you need a hour to preview a new show that is going to play the next night? just asking that.

• S. says:

The finale was fine. No “Always” but fine. The real finale anyway was really the Bracken episode. This last one was almost a lead-in to the next season’s mythology. The griping is getting old. There was never gonna be an hour o’gushing followed by a wedding. What some people would’ve been happy with would’ve been incredibly boring from a story perspective. Many of them were angsty every week there wasn’t some cuddlefest makeout scene. It’s a drama. There has to be, you know, drama. Wasting money on anything that doesn’t move the story and characters forward is a bad idea. Getting married is just a comma in their relationship story, not a period. The characters kept trying to force a big to do and things continued to get in their way. I suspect an intimate, moving vow swap at some point. Frankly a much better and swoonworthy result than a 3 min wrap up at the end of the season finale like they’d have had to do after all the things that went wrong with their venue, dress, etc. (Which makes me think, I wonder if things going awry was someone doing it on purpose.)

• RReg says:

Castle lost me when he hooked up with that detective. There is no chemistry between them. Then again I was only interested in the cases and the fact that the show is set in my home town of NYC. That detective lady contributes nothing to the show. I was hoping she would get killed, but alas no such luck.

• GS says:

I’m done with Castle. It hasn’t been good since they put Castle and Beckett together. They have zero chemistry now and Castle is just a caricature to make Beckett look smart. I watched the finale and honestly couldn’t figure out why they’d get married. They are not affectionate at all and when she calls him babe, it just doesn’t ring true and is almost condecending. Just my opinion. Hope those who stick with it are satisfied with how it plays out.

• missteff says:

me too, I couldn’t figure out what was the big deal of them getting married or not. I will stick with the show “Castle” cause I’ve falling in love with the actors/actress who are on the show. I hope that it does get better, but IMO I don’t think that it will. The same ol same ol. I’ll just heave to wait and find out if I continue to watch, only after I see say the 1st two esp.

• RReg says:

No chemistry that’s the problem. Plus that female lead is a wooden actor. Exactly what does she contribute? She doesn’t even solve any of the cases.

• Anon says:

Thank you! Glad I’m not the only one placed under that spell I refer to as the pretty face syndrome. She can’t act to save her life! I gave up on Castle in season 2. I can’t wait for Grey’s Anatomy to start up again!!

• Zhora G says:

I agree also. To me Ioan Gruffudd and Alana de la Garza have more chemistry than Castle and Beckett. I feel it more from them.

13. Thilia says:

Waiting for Castle. -_- Okay. But moving Grey’s the Thursday death spot. They do know TBBT is coming back right? I love Grey’s and will watch it, but TBBT will destroy it.

14. missteff says:

Thanks for all the updates, for times slots. Now I will be ready when new stuff comes on!

15. Meade 54 says:

ABC couldn’t find another time slot to preview FOREVER . Now we have to wait an additional week to see Castle. I am losing my patience with ABC TV. ABC doesn’t promote Castle as well as they promote their other shows. What is their problem? I will. not watch FOREVER! The ABC programmer needs a wake up call

• S. says:

I feel your pain. It’s always been annoying. We’ve concluded that they think they won’t get enough of a ratings boost from promoting Castle to warrant the extra expense and they must’ve looked at some sort of cost/benefit analysis on it that tells them that. I think the ad push should’ve happened more earlier in the run, but it was more on the bubble back then so I guess it was a lot expecting ABC to spend much on it. Ironically, it wasn’t enough of a hit for them early on to get a ton of attention, but now that it has more ratings stability, they don’t want to spend money on it. *facepalm* A lot of people actively talk about the show and promote it without them spending a penny. The 10pm Monday slot has been really unkind to many shows so Castle’s doing really well, esp. after aging reality show franchises. I got really annoyed one year when ABC had the Emmys and gave many of their own shows a mention in montages during the telecast, but Castle was premiering a new season the very next night and got not a word.

16. Joey Padron says:

Excited for season 2 of Agents Of Shield!

• RReg says:

Me too. Will be interesting to see how Carlson goes about putting SHIELD back together. I look forward to finding out about Skye’s story.

17. Bill says:

Now that all nets have announced premiere dates, when can we expect to see a grid reflecting all of them?

18. Francine says:

It all seems pretty standard to me. I don’t see the big deal in waiting one extra week for Castle. I thought that was when it would start anyway.

19. BetiSA says:

To the same people who come to this site JUST to write the same things on every article about the show I say. STOP!!! “Done with Castle as long as Andrew blah blah blah…” it is becoming really UPSETTING, ANNOYING, FRUSTRATING. Seriously, STOP!! If you didn’t like 6×23 and If you are not watching the show, ok, be happy but LEAVE CASTLE ALONE!
    you have others amazing, brilliant, intelligent, smarts, emmy-awarded shows to watch on other networks at the same time. use the remote control. thank you

I will watch season 7 for hundreds of reasons. I love the show and I think 6×23 was great.

• Cindy says:

Well said, BetlSA! Quit watching Castle all you naysayers. Don’t need to comment about it either, just quit!!

• missteff says:

me too love Castle and thought the season finale was pretty good, not the best but wasn’t all that upset. can’t wait till season 7 and yes I’m glad it’s moved back a week. so I can see if any other shows are any good.

20. cindy says:

YAY!!! Last Man Standing is a well-written and well-acted comedy — about family and neighbor relationships and with social comment. It’s the best comedy series geared to all age levels, not just the “Friends” or Office crowd

21. If some one wishes expert view about blogging then i propose him/her to pay a visit this blog, Keep up the pleasant job.

22. Marsha Quinn says:

I hate split seasons. Why can’t we get back to a single run.

23. Shib says:

Wow only 3 shows will I be watching on ABC DWTS, Castle and Resurrection rest look like a BIG yawn

24. christina says:

super interesting that abc is airing a special preview of forever in castle’s timeslot. testing it there to see how the audience does in case s7 of castle is the last perhaps…? wouldn’t be surprised, especially if abc goes hard on the promo and marketing for a similar style show.

25. Zhora G says:

Can’t wait for Forever. Looks awesome. Castle is kinda coming to it’s end and their is little chemistry between the actors thus a new show would hopefully enlighten the network and introduce the audience to a fresh show. Plus i love Ioan Gruffudd. OMG i do!

26. It’s an amazing paragraph in support of all the web users; they
    will obtain advantage from it I am sure.

27. Teresa Williamson says:

Well now ABC did better than CBS at keeping us tuned in this season. Love The Goldbergs, Modern Family, Greys. Thank You!!