Ratings: Big Brother Drops But Tops Night, Undateable Finale Dips

Big Brother Ratings

Big Brother‘s live eviction drew 5.1 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating on Thursday night aka July 4th Eve, down sharply week-to-week and off two tenths from Wednesday’s telecast, but still topping the night in the demo.

A Big Bang Theory rerun opened CBS’ night and drew Wednesday’s largest audience — 6.6 mil.

RELATED What to Watch Friday: July 4th Specials, Marathons and More

Overall TV usage for the holiday weekend-adjacent night was down 15 percent, while numbers are especially subject to change due to holiday programming preemptions and Hurricane Arthur storm coverage.

Elsewhere….

NBC | Undateable‘s triple-pump finale night averaged 2.24 mil and a 0.7, dipping 10 percent and a tenth week-to-week. Last Comic Standing‘s “Best 100 Jokes” countdown special (3.2 mil/1.1) ticked up a tenth.

ABC | Black Box (3.7 mil/0.6) was flat, Rookie Blue (5.1 mil/0.7) was steady in audience but down two tenths in the demo, and NY Med (4.7 mil/0.7) fell 16 and two tenths from its season opener.

RELATED Rookie Blue Recap: Duncan’t Hack It

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (4.2 mil/1.4) dropped 16 and 18 percent, but Gang Related (2.6 mil/0.8) added a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

1. Kait says:

Undateable was the funniest I’ve ever seen it last night! They really went all out for the finale!

2. sarah says:

Are Rookie Bliue’s numbers being affected because us Canadian’s get the episodes weeks earlier? I am sure that we are not part of the Nielsen ratings but it does seem like the numbers a lot lower this year. I hope ABC does not cancel RB. I love this show and want many more seasons.

3. Tenney says:

I really, really like undateable. The karate dance between Danny and the pot dude was so hilarious. I hope it gets renewed.

4. Sparky says:

Would love to see Undateable, Rookie Blue and even Black Box get renewed.

5. kiks says:

Rookie Blue was so nice last night…This season has been slow to get going but its been getting better with each episode. The ratings need to go up. Its a fun summer show and very enjoyable these past few years.

6. CJ says:

Undateable is great! I really wish they’d premiered it during the regular TV season and not banished it to summer. I’d love to see it renewed but I’m not getting my hopes up. Perhaps a move to TBS is in order?

7. Jon says:

Just spent 5 minutes trying to watch an episode of Undateable thanks to this post. What the hell? It was the worst thing I’ve seen in years. A laugh track was bad news right from the start and then it just got worst. Absolutely unbelievably bad.

8. Boone says:

Would love to see (the criminally underrated) Gang Renated renewed.

9. Jenny says:

BLACK BOX must be too advanced for ppl.. Seriously more should be watching!! I love this show. It is smart and interesting and the lead is just brilliant.