Fall TV Poll: Thursday — Grey's Vs. Bones Vs. Big Bang, Murder Vs. Sherlock and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fall TV Schedule 2014

The Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. And the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED Fall TV Poll: Wednesday — Nashville Vs. Stalker and Other DVR Dilemmas

All this week, TVLine is presenting you with the grids for each night’s fall line-up. You then vote for what you plan to watch ”live” during each time slot. (If you are irrevocably hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

IMPORTANT, BOLD, RED ALERT: CBS is famously opening the fall with football airing on Thursdays, but for the purpose of this poll we are looking ahead to Oct. 30, when Big Bang, Elementary et al return to the night — aka a far more compelling conversation. (Raise your hand if you read the preceding sentence.)
Fall TV Schedule 2014NOTES ABOUT THE THURSDAY GRID:
 This represents face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season starting in late October; that is why Project Runway (which finales before then), for example, is not included. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: A to Z, Bad Judge, Gracepoint, How to Get Away With Murder, The McCarthys

RELATED Complete Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When, Versus What

Want scoop on fall shows? Email insideline@tvline.com!

1. Kissan says:

8:00-Greys Anatomy LIVE, Vampire Diaries DVR

9:00-Bad Judge and A To Z LIVE

10:00-How To Get Away With Murder

2. Eric7740 says:

ABC owns me on Thursdays!!!
    Greys
    Scandal
    HTGAWM

DVR: Vampire Diaries and Parenthood

3. Amanda says:

The Big Bang, The Millers, Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder Live

DVR – Bones, Reign and Elementary

May try the new shows On-Demand or HULU to see if I like them!

4. Mel says:

Bones-Fall, Live, then DVR when BBT-Winter, Live
    Gracepoint, Live
    Elementary, Live

5. Nick says:

Not much that I watch on Thursdays in the fall. It will be a good time to catch up on what I’ve missed on the DVR. I voted Big Bang Theory and Gracepoint, and I’ve considered catching up on Scandal before the new season. Probably just Gracepoint, though.

6. JC1 says:

Just Elementary on Thursdays, until Blacklist gets moved in the spring. (Yes I know this poll is only for Fall.)

7. DarkDefender says:

My DVR is going to scream this season!

• Nene says:

I second that… DVR going to be over worked this fall and into next year…. But Hopefully, they rearrange something by next fall so everyone would be able to watch live tv…. Think about the people who can’t afford DVR they we have some tough decision to make this fall.

8. Tran says:

There’s no doubt ABC will win on Thursdays but I’m not so sure how Thursday Night Football is going to fare on CBS. Guess I’m tuning in for the final season of Parenthood and I can’t wait to see how the Bravermans are going to save the best for last. The McCarthys is 100% horrible and in my opinion, give it three episodes tops. If McCarthys gets canceled, Mike & Molly should be placed on Thursdays either 9 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. Scandal is going to topped the 9 p.m. time slot but come mid-season, the Kerry Washington led series is about to face its toughest competition against The Blacklist (NBC). Bad Judge and A to Z looks promising and I couldn’t stand two Thursday night shows in The Millers and Reign.

9. Jules says:

8pm The Vampire Diaries…
    DVR Grey’s Anatomy
    9pm Reign…
    DVR Scandal
    10pm Parenthood…
    DVR How To Get Away With Murder

And Watch The Big Bang Theory online

10. sarah says:

Thursdays are another busy night!
    Watch Live
    TVD
    Parenthood
    DVR
    Grey’s Anatomy (worked much better at 800pm central, IMO)
    How to Get Away with Murder

11. Kate says:

Technically, the Big Bang Theory is the only thing that I watch live on Thursdays. So, I don’t really know what I am going to do for the like six or eight weeks Thursday night football is on (I do watch football, but I don’t know that this is going to change, generally, no matter how good the teams, Thursday night football in the early season really sucks).

12. Ashley says:

Big Bang Theory
    Gracepoint
    If Gracepoint is a rerun or preempted, I may watch A-Z live.

13. Brandy says:

BBT, VD,Reign

14. André Lima says:

8.00 – 9.00: Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) LIVE DVR – The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
    9.00 – 10.00: Scandal (ABC) LIVE DVR – A to Z (NBC)
    10.00 – 11.00: Parenthood (NBC) LIVE DVR – How To Get Away With Murder (ABC)

15. kwapple says:

FOX owns me on Thursdays: Bones @ 8, Gracepoint @ 9

16. Tai says:

I’ll most likely check out vampire diaries to see if it’s improved this season otherwise I’ll be checking out stuff on my DVR at that time. But abc has me for the rest of the night. I’ll most likely be switching week to week but I’ll watch Scandal live and DVR Gracepoint. And at 10, HTGAWM.

17. GS says:

I’ll be all ABC on Thursday night. I gave up TVD this year. It’s just gotten stupid and I also gave up The Originals after Clair Holt left. Guess I’m getting over my vampire thing but still love Grey’s and Scandal. How to Get Away with Murder is a horrible name but looks like a good show and Viola Davis makes me want to watch.

18. Aimee says:

Big Bang Theory
    Gracepoint (David Tennant – duh!)
    Elementary

19. Aprilcot says:

The only thing that I’m interested in until Parks and Rec starts is Gracepoint. It makes me sad since Thursdays have always been a busy TV night for me. Looks like I’ll be watching Thursday Night Football.

20. Jacqi says:

I am in trouble. I watch all of the shows
    on at 8. :(

21. Tessa says:

The Vampire Diaries-live
    Bones-DVR
    Grey’s-DVR
    Reign-live
    Parenthood-live
    Thursday’s at eight are going to be complicated for me.

22. Bonesfan47 says:

I will be watching Bones live and that’s it for me on Thursdays I don’t watch any of the other shows

23. A-C says:

At 8, I’ll watch Grey’s live. Then at 9, I’ll watch Bones then Bad Judge so I can skip commercials and not be too late for Elementary. I’ll dvr How To Get Away With Murder and TVD, and I’ll have plenty of time to watch it the next day.

24. Carla Krae says:

Same I have done – TVD, Reign, and Parenthood live. DVR Big Bang Theory and Elementary.

25. Laurie says:

I will DVR The Biggest Loser. But watch Grey’s live. 9 O’clock is a no brainer. Scandal all the way. Parenthood’s final season at 10.

26. Chris says:

Oh weird, another huge TV night for me. Again, I don’t watch anything live…

8:00pm – #1 Grey’s Anatomy, DVR Big Bang Theory. Online Biggest Loser
    9:00pm – #1 Gracepoint (to try), DVR A to Z, Online Scandal, The McCarthys
    10:00pm – #1 Parenthood, DVR How To Get Away With Murder

27. webly3 says:

8:00 – The Biggest Loser, DVR: BBT
    9:00 – Gracepoint, DVR: Scandal, Bad Judge (trying it), A to Z (trying it)
    10:00 – Parenthood (my favorite show on television), DVR: Murder

28. John NYC says:

Light night, guess I’ll get to play dvr-catchup after TBBT and Bones are viewed.

29. taahimar says:

Shonda’s. @8 and 10pm Gracepoint looks like very good, like The Killing, one of my favorite shows, so will give it a try

30. greysfan says:

ABC all night long, unless HTGAWM is a fail then i will switch to Parenthood.

31. Moxie says:

Unless there’s something good on cable, the only thing I’ll be watching live on Thursday nights is Elementary.

32. mdb says:

Grey’s Anatomy at 8pm??? I guess the idea of adult themed shows being after 9pm is long gone…. Big Bang Theory is going to do some damage to Grey’s ratings I suspect.

33. Lore says:

Im not sorry to say, even if a love TBBT, Bones always will come first and now the last season enden in fire…

34. Ava says:

TVD and Reign live. Gracepoint on DVR with The Blacklist down the road. The Gracepoint trailer looks great. Love David Tenant – miss his accent.

35. Jillian says:

Shondaland Thursdays live. TVD, Bad Judge, Biggest Loser, Parenthood, Big Bang Theory DVR/OnDemand

36. Ally Oop says:

Thursday is a great night of TV. Here’s my DVR schedule:
    7pm Grey’s Anatomy (until it moves to Wednesdays when Big Bang Theory returns in Canada)
    7pm Big Bang Theory
    8pm Reign
    10pm Vampire Diaries (I’m on the fence whether or not I’ll continue this train wreck)
    11pm Gracepoint
    12am Parenthood
    *TIME CONFLICT* A to Z

• cycworker says:

I’m Canadian and for some reason I’ve always watched Grey’s – and most US shows – on their US network. I considered changing, since I can get Grey’s a day early, but I likely won’t simply because I enjoy the online experience of live tweeting with US friends.

37. cycworker says:

8pm – Live: Greys, DVR Big Bang & The Millers
    9pm – Live: Bad Judge/A to Z DVR Gracepoint
    10pm Live: How to Get Away With Murder DVR Parenthood

38. Lauren says:

Being married really affects my TV-watching. We have more than one TV, of course. But that whole trying to spend time together gets in the way. So we’ll watch Big Bang and Elementary together. Probably watch college football game of the week in between. I will record Grey’s and Parenthood.
    Is Parks and Rec not coming back to Thursday?

39. Cookie says:

The 8pm hour is Bones,tape Grey’s Anatomy,and Big Bang. I enjoy watching the later shows over and over. 9pm its probably Scandal,since I don’t have any info on Bad Judge or A-Z yet?
    10pm will be How to get away w/murder,tape Elementary since I like to watch in replay for clues I missed. And I like watching Johnny aka Sherlock’s emotions, over and over.

40. Jake says:

I am sorry Bones should be gone…It’s like A.I…been around one to many seasons. That is just my opinion.

• abz says:

It really has outstayed its welcome. Cases all feel the same, barely interesting seasonal story arcs, and all around lazy writing is what the show has become IMO. I think it’ll get crushed on Thursdays against Grey’s and TBBT. There are just so many better shows on. Takes me a couple of weeks to even watch a new Bones episodes. The show is no longer interesting enough to watch live.

41. Cookie says:

Also,with so many shows up against each other,its gonna be hard to watch all shows in rewind on same nite. I also have to share DVR w/daughter on this nite also. So unfair. Some shows will have to be watched on demand. Wow!! Sorry Bravo,also thank goodness that USA channel and TNT,BRAVO,HGTV,FOODNETWORK re-air their shows @ later times.

42. Danette says:

Gracepoint, Bones and Murder will RULE at my house on Thursdays!!

43. Deion says:

Shonda Rhimes is going to own my life on Thursday nights this fall.

44. Liz says:

Depending on what is on at 8pm on some other network say USA, I won’t be watching anything at the hour. At 9pm I’ll be checking out Gracepoint (aka Broadchurch); and at 10pm Elementary.

45. abz says:

What about White Collar? Any news on when the final 6 episodes will air?

46. Chris says:

The Big Bang Theory
    The Millers
    Scandal
    How to get away with murder

47. Sarah says:

Bones – Live (& DVR)

Grey’s – DVR

TVD – DVR

48. Lauren says:

This is a bad night for me in TV. Everything is on. 3 shows at 8, 2 at 9, and one at 10.

49. lupe says: