CBS' Fall Schedule Kicks Off With Thursday Night Football; 2-1/2 Men, Elementary Premiere in Late October

Fall TV Schedule CBS

CBS is second out of the gate this year in detailing its premiere plan for the 2014-15 TV season. It kicks off (appropriately enough) with its brand-new Thursday Night Football offering, starting Sept. 11.

The Eye’s non-sports fare starts unspooling on Sunday, Sept. 21 — with the debut of Tea Leoni’s Madam Secretary followed by The Good Wife. Then, as previously and well-reported, The Big Bang Theory will open Season 8 in a new time slot (Mondays at 8/7c, stating Sept. 22). But by Oct. 30, it’s business as usual for America’s most watched network, as TBBT, The Millers, Two and a Half Men (entering its final season) and Elementary all reclaim their Thursday home.

RELATED NBC Fall Schedule: Premiere Dates Set for The Voice, Parenthood‘s Farewell Run, The Blacklist and More

On tap for midseason: The Mentalist, Mike & Molly, Undercover Boss as well as new series Battle Creek, CSI: Cyber and The Odd Couple (the latter of which is being retooled).

All told, the CBS schedule looks like this; click new show titles for details.

THURSDAY, SEPT. 11
7:30 pm Thursday Night Football Pre-Game Show
8:25 pm Thursday Night Football (Pittsburgh @ Baltimore)

SUNDAY, SEPT. 21
7 pm 60 Minutes (Season 47)
8 pm MADAM SECRETARY (new)
9 pm The Good Wife (Season 6)

RELATED Fall TV Poll: Sunday — CSI Vs. Revenge and Other DVR Dilemmas

MONDAY, SEPT. 22
8 pm The Big Bang Theory (Season 8)
8:30 pm The Big Bang Theory (New episode)
9 pm SCORPION (new)
10 pm Under the Dome (Season 2 finale)

TUESDAY, SEPT. 23
8 pm NCIS (Season 12)
9 pm NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (new)
10 pm Person of Interest (Season 4)

RELATED Fall TV Poll: Tuesday — NCIS Vs. The Flash and Other DVR Dilemmas

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 24
8 pm Survivor (Season 29)
9 pm Extant (2-hour season finale)

FRIDAY, SEPT. 26
8 pm The Amazing Race (Season 25)
9 pm Hawaii Five-0 (Season 5)
10 pm Blue Bloods (Season 5)

SATURDAY, SEPT. 27
10 pm 48 Hours (Season 27)

SUNDAY, SEPT. 28
10 pm CSI (Season 15)

MONDAY, SEPT. 29
8:30 pm Mom (Season 2)
10 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 6)

RELATED Fall TV Poll: Monday — Big Bang Vs. Gotham and Other DVR Dilemmas

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 1
9 pm Criminal Minds (Season 10)
10 pm STALKER (new)

MONDAY, OCT. 27
8 pm 2 Broke Girls (Season 4)

THURSDAY, OCT. 30
8 pm The Big Bang Theory (Regular time slot premiere)
8:30 pm The Millers (Season 2)
9 pm Two and a Half Men (Final Season Premiere)
9:30 pm THE MCCARTHYS (new)
10 pm Elementary (Season 3)

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: Bad Teacher, The Crazy Ones, Friends With Better Lives, Hostages, Intelligence and We Are Men

1. Lilacs says:

October 30 is a long, long time to wait for Elementary’s 3rd season to begin. Without a doubt Elementary with Jonny Lee Miller is the best hour of entertainment on weekly tv. It is so finely crafted it deserves repeated viewings. Bravo CBS and Jonny Lee Miller.

• ha says:

“Best hour of entertainment on weekly tv”?

This, kids, is the perfect example of an overstatement.

• ABG. says:

Meh. I watch Elementary but aside from very few episodes (i.e. Natalie Dormer’s episodes), it’s not a very special show. The second half of this season was pretty damn boring and Mycroft isn’t as interesting as the show thinks he is.

• Britt says:

I agree with your second sentence. Season 1 was interesting, but season 2 became unbearable! I started to use the show for background noise.

• JC1 says:

Yeah I started to lose interest this season myself. I’m still watching, for now, but I’m not as interested in it as I was in S1. And I really wish they hadn’t done Mycroft/Joan. I’m not even sure why but I jut can’t with that pairing. :(

• Diz says:

I’m caught up with every show on my DVR except Elementary. I believe I have 14 episodes to get through. I enjoy it, but sometimes it’s just too slow for me. Obviously, if its the last show I’ve yet to get caught up on.

• Justin says:

I think Elementary is awful.

• Moment says:

While I like Elementary, I found a lot of the Season 2 episodes a chore to watch.

• solezuroleman says:

Totally agree! Between Elementary and Person of Interest……..these are my two favorite shows (along with TBBT). I don’t think Elementary is getting respect like it should. It will be constantly interrupted by Thursday Nite Football (oh goody ANOTHER night of mediocre sports). By the way, how does the Millers stay on TV. Even the promos last fall were boring and predictable.

2. ABG. says:

No Mom behind the season premiere of TBBT seems like a waster. Hopefully Mom grows this year, it’s a very decent comedy.

Very late premiere for 2BG. Honestly I lost faith in it becoming a good show despite the fact that I like the leads, so I think I’ll pass on it this year.

3. Pat Edwards says:

Personally, for us, we could have done without Two 1/2 Men completely for the last 4 years. But there must be people who still love to watch the debauchery. Glad we have the freedom and a remote. Thank you for reading my post. Good luck to them in their last season.

4. TT says:

Still mad about crazy ones!!!

5. Justin says:

Looking forward to POI being back. That’s the only drama series Incare about on CBS. I can’t wait for more Shoot!

6. Boiler says:

Hopefully it cuts back on reruns but I seem to recall Moonves saying Elementary would not be delayed. Looking forward to season 3.

7. Angela says:

Bit of a late start for “Criminal Minds” there. Hm. But ah, well. Good to know the premiere date-will be keeping October 1st in mind, then! Also, I don’t know if I’ll check it out yet, but I’ll be curious to see how this new “Stalker” show will fare alongside “Criminal Minds” as well.

8. bj says:

I’m really looking forward to Scorpion.

9. Paul Fritz-Nemeth Sr. says:

So CBS would not change its mind about Friends With Better Lives. Bummer!!! I hope the producers will find another home for that great adult comedy. Unfortunately I cannot truly express what I think of the CBS programmers.

10. Steven says:

Marking down the dates for The Good Wife, Person of Interest, and Criminal Minds.

11. Fred says:

Wait… ‘Extant – season finale’? Shouldn’t it be series finale? I’m really looking forward to this show because it’s a mini-series. Please tell me it will remain a mini-series…

12. Patricia Korth says:

Still no news on The Mentalist? It’s so much better than Elementary or Castle….

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Midseason is midseason. Such premiere dates are seldom announced far in advance. The Mentalist will serve as schedule spackle when needed.

• Marc says:

And, when they are announced, as Fox often does, they end up being changed anyway.

• Patricia Korth says:

Please, you are only making me feel worse … maybe The Mentalist will never get back on. I will tweet Mr. Mitovich’s comment about “spackle” to all the people waiting. We are a large group, but I am sure everyone will want to know…

13. David G. Stern says:

Still seems a shame the Tifany Network could not find a way to give Robin Williams a second season with The Crazy Ones. It was finding its voice and just needed a little more seasoning.
    Big mistake CBS. You have the ratings power to carry shows. Too many great hits started slowly and found their way. Now it’s almost one and done.

14. Matthew Weber says:

So wait, we get two new episodes of TBBT back to back?

15. Ally Oop says:

Scorpion had a really good trailer. It far surpassed my expectations. It’s a shame though it’s going against Sleepy Hollow–I wonder if that will hurt it. I’m also exciting to see a trailer for Battle Creek which sounds like it’ll be good. None of the other new shows appeal to me. As for returning shows on CBS, I’ll only tune into Big Bang Theory

16. Tran says:

Can’t wait until September 22nd for the premiere of Scorpion the same date the new season of The Blacklist kicks off. Guess I’ll wait on October 27th for the new season of 2 Broke Girls to premiered ’cause I always dreamed of Kat Dennings & Beth Behrs.

• Tran says:

One other thing: The McCarthys is downright horrible and in my opinion, it should get 3 episodes tops before Thursday Night Football has its finale on November 20th.

17. Ray says:

I’ll tune in to TAR. Pass on all of CBS’ other fall offerings.

18. Doris says:

I hate them moving shows out of their usual time! Don’t need football on Thursday night! Where is NCISLA. Not interested in NCISNO.

19. Doris says:

I just saw NCISLA is now on Monday opposite The Blacklist! Bad move CBS, are you trying to drown LA which is a good show!

• Marty says:

Obviously, they want NCISNO to be successful by handing over the audience from watching the flagship. I think if they were intent on burying NCISLA, they would have moved it to Friday nights. Now there’s a good reason to switch on the tube and NOT watch WWE (which in my mind is a waste of bandwidth).

• Forget Blacklist. It’s opposite Castle–BOO. Will be using On Demand. Wish they had put the new one on
      Mon.

20. Carolyn says:

So happy that The Good Wife will actually begin at 9 on Sundays from now on! I can’t wait for the start of Season 6! Thanks, CBS, for changing football night to Thursday!

21. rja says:

CBS Should bring back intelligence. It was a great show with lots of loyal watchers. Big mistake CBS. it was a winner.

22. Marty says:

So, assuming there is no Ziva sighting for Season 12 (although even Sean Connery appeared in “Never say Never Again”), is the Mossad connection completely closed on NCIS? Does GG plan on bring back Orli Elbaz? Would love to see Sirtis come back again.

23. Debbie McClain says:

Why am I not seeing Mike and Molly in the new line up This show is funny.

24. susana5775 says:

Re /”Not Returning Next Season:”

WHO????!!!!! WHAT????!!!!

25. Gayle says:

I LOVE the CBS show: “MOM”. It’s a realistic show of people with addictions, wanting to make a better life for themselves as well as their family. The way they cope with all the issues the show prompts, such as (addiction), pregnancy, cancer, divorce, Violet and Roscoe having two different dad’s, Luke wanting to be a good father by asking advise from Baxter. It’s wonderful and some extreme funny moments with Bonnie and Kristy. Great Show, CBS !!!!!!!!!!!

26. Ginny says:

I hate waiting until “midseason”-which is when?– for regulars like Mike and Molly, 2 Broke Girls, etc. Stop making too many NCISs and other shows that wont last anyway and show old favs at the right times! October or later is just ridiculous!! Football is part of the scheduling problem also.

• joy says:

CBS has been pretty successful with spin-offs, so it makes sense for them to try new ones. Some of us prefer the more substantial plot lines over the silly sitcoms. I wouldn’t call Mike and Molly and 2BG old faves. they aren’t that old. That being said, i don’t foresee NCISNO lasting long. The accents on the trailers are almost unbearable.

i am wondering whether Big Bang will be on each week on Mondays until the change at the end of October, or will there just be a big break?

The constant change makes me wish I just Netflixed my tv shows instead of depending upon the nightly lineup.

27. Murphy says:

Elementary should be on Sunday night during the regular football season. There is never anything on CBS on Sunday that is worth watching so elementary would be a wonderful change

28. Sherron Cantu says:

AWESOME!!!! I’m so excited and ready for the Fall Season!!!! There are new ones I’m looking forward to & I so miss my regulars. Ya’ll never disappoint!!!!

29. eunice says:

CSI to Sunday night????? The death of the show.

30. Rosa says:

is there a printable/printer-friendly version of this like with the grids and calendars?

31. Michelle says:

What happened to James Roday’s Good Session?!!!

32. Rose says:

Friends with better lives was an awesome show and hysterical you should give it more time

33. khhh says:

Need to keep intelligence airing

34. jerry says:

Simon baker gets hosed again!

35. Bill Barc says:

What happened to Elementary is it still on