Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Reign, CSI, Good Wife, Revenge, PLL, True Blood, Teen Wolf and More!

unnamed-1

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Got any scoop for season 2 of Reign? —Nicole
Ausiello: “Any” might be an understatement, Nicole. French Court is going to be visited by four new faces in Season 2, including Princess Claude, the never-before-seen daughter of Catherine and Henry. The “very sexually advanced” young lady will get herself into plenty of mischief, perhaps even more than Narcisse, another (much older) new face who will serve as a sparring partner for her mother. Then there’s Conde, known as the “Prince of the Blood,” who will strike up an unusual friendship with Francis, as well as Prince Thomas, who “may be the next king of France sooner than he’d imagined.” If that last line has you shaking in your boots, you have a very healthy sense of fear.

Question: You mentioned last week in Ask Ausiello that Revenge is adding a new love interest for Emily — anything else you can share about the new guy? —Janet
Ausiello: He’s a childhood friend of Jack’s who has a touch of PTSD from his military days. He decides to make his short-term visit to the Hamptons permanent after something life-changing happens to Jack, then makes fast friends with a number of the locals — including Em.

Question: Is George Eads returning to CSI this season? After what happened last season — missing some episodes — I was just wondering if he re-signed this year. —Connie
Ausiello: Good news, Connie. A CBS rep tells us that Eads remains a series regular going into Season 15.

Question: Have you heard if Eric Johnson (Luke) will be returning to Rookie Blue at all this season? He always adds a little bit of tension and fun to the episodes he’s in. —Christy
Ausiello: Bad news, Christy: An ABC rep tell us Johnson will not be back during this XL season.

Question: I’m well aware I’m one of the very few who watched and enjoyed Mind Games, but take pity on me — is there any chance ABC will burn off the remaining episodes/make them available some other way? —Caitlin
Ausiello: It’s Games over as far as ABC is concerned. I’m told the network has no plans to run the unaired episodes (not even online). However, 20th TV (the studio behind the show) is said to be exploring several digital options with regard to the show. The smart play here, Caitlin, is to move on and never again admit publicly that you enjoyed Mind Games.

Question: Any scoop on Mary Steenburgen’s Orange Is the New Black character? —Kenny
Ausiello: She’s playing someone’s mother. Guesses?!

Teen Wolf Season 4Question: I am super excited that Meagan Tandy is returning to Teen Wolf this season as Braeden. Any scoop on what she is up to in Beacon Hills? – Gyll
Ausiello: You’re not the only person excited, Gyll. Executive producer Jeff Davis is thrilled to have Tandy back on the show for Season 4 — this time, in an increased capacity. “She’s in nine of the 12 episodes,” Davis tells us. “She’s someone who’s kind of on the moral fence … and she’s actually hired by Peter and Derek to find Kate.”

Question: Any scoop on Nashville‘s upcoming season? –Sharon
Ausiello: While Hayden Panettiere tells us she enjoys opening her script and being “as shocked as everyone else is,” her gut is telling her that the forecast for Juliette and Avery will remain stormy heading into Season 3 — despite her character’s tear-streaked explanation/apology for cheating with smarmy record exec Jeff Fordham. “I don’t think any route is going to be simple, because that just wouldn’t be interesting,” Panettiere speculates. “At the end of the day, though, when you lose trust in someone in a relationship, that’s a very difficult thing to get back in a way that doesn’t cause incredible conflict, insecurity and jealousy. I can’t imagine Avery being the kind of person that just forgives and forgets.”

Question: I just binge-watched Hannibal and now I’m obsessed (not surprising because Bryan Fuller is a genius). I’ll take any scoop you have. —Rebecca
Ausiello: When asked which mortally wounded characters — his Will Graham, Laurence Fishburne’s Jack, Caroline Dhavernas’ Alana and/or Kacey Rohl’s Abigail — might survive Dr. Lecter’s violent Season 2 capper, series star Hugh Dancy says with a laugh, “That’s the million-dollar question.” He then ventures, “We have definitely got a history on our show of people surviving against all the odds — and I think to some extent that will continue. I mean, we don’t need to do a Game of Thrones. I do see the appeal and the great realization in television that ‘Oh, we can kill people, we can lose people — as in life!’ But then there also can be a bit of a swing back in the other direction where you say, ‘That doesn’t mean we have to.’ Especially in our show, which is one step above reality.”

Question: During her Reddit AMA, Marlene King said she wants to do a “Ravenswood episode” on Pretty Little Liars this season. Anything more you can tell me? I miss that spin-off. — Claire
Ausiello: Plans for a Ravenswood-centric episode are indeed underway, but King tells me nothing has been finalized. “I stay in touch with all of those people, both the kids and the adults,” she says. “They know we’d love to — I don’t want to say ‘tie up’ the story — but at least give it some closure. More than we were allowed to, anyway. We were heading somewhere with that story and we want to let the fans know where that was.”

The Newsroom Season 3Question: I want to know more about this new-and-improved Reese on the last season of The Newsroom. They’re not going to make him nice, are they? — Jonathan
Ausiello: I wouldn’t worry about that, exactly, based on what Chris Messina recently told TVLine. “I must come off as a dick right off the bat, and people warm up to me,” he joked, noting that many roles he’s played throughout his career “have started off as either hated or just not liked, and then you warm up to them or realize there’s another side, which is fun to play.” In the HBO drama’s yet-to-be-scheduled final season, “That happens with Reese,” he shared, but stopped short of saying that Leona Lansing’s son was going to turn into best buds with any of the News Night staff. “You see another side of him.”

Question: Any scoop on what is in store for Alicia and Peter on The Good Wife? I love them together. —Kiki
Ausiello: Julianna Margulies is of the opinion that their marriage will continue to be all business and very little pleasure. “”There’s an incredible respect they have for each other, for their minds, and politically, and as lawyers,” she shares. “But I think in the last scene of ‘The Last Call,’ when Alicia closes her eyes, [it’s similar] to when she slaps [Peter’s] face in the pilot. It was like a slap for her to wake up. I feel like her closing her eyes was her way of saying, ‘I have wasted my time with this guy, and I’m not going to let that happen again.’ I don’t know how you repair the damage that’s done without it constantly rearing its ugly head. I don’t think you can.” BONUS SCOOP: Elsbeth Tascioni is (probably, most likely) returning! “Right now they are talking to me about coming back for another two episodes,” the character’s Emmy-winning portrayer, Carrie Preston, reports. “I would love to go back. I would love to be there full-time. If it were up to me, I would be.”

Question: Any chance Mistresses‘ Joss might go back to being a real estate agent? I kind of miss that crazy scene. –Billie
Ausiello: Alas, it looks like the show’s resident wild child will be sticking with her new party-planning business in Season 2 — but that doesn’t mean she’ll be dialing back on the glamour! (And yes, I spelled glamour with a ‘u’ — because it’s more exciting that way.) “I tried to influence Joss’ style with my style — effortless jeans, T-shirt, throw on some funky jewelry with great heels or a bag and be done with it,” says Jes Macallan, discussing her character’s career change. “But it got a little casual. So the network was like, ‘push push push!’ for all the fashion. We pumped it back up — so I’ve got some crazy outfits later this season.”

Christina Lind House of CardsQuestion: Do you have anything on House of Cards? —Mark
Ausiello: All My Children’s Christina Lind (pictured, right) will appear in the Netflix drama’s upcoming third season, but the show’s Mad Men-esque veil of secrecy prevents me from telling you who she’s playing.

Question: I’m glad Lincoln and Octavia both survived The 100 finale. Please tell me they’ll stay together next season. — Dahlia
Ausiello: Nothing is set in stone for Season 2 just yet, Dahlia, but feel free to interpret executive producer Jason Rothenberg’s words as you will: “Lincoln and Octavia have a genuine romance, and to me, that’s the romantic heart of the show. It’s a union between the Grounders and the people from the Ark, which is really where we’re going next season.” (Does anyone else hear the pitter-patter of baby Grounder feet?)

Question: Do you have any scoop on True Blood? —Charif
Ausiello: The table read for the series finale took place earlier this week, and there wasn’t a dry eye in the house, Stephen Moyer confirms. “People turned up that we hadn’t seen for ages — [series creator] Alan [Ball] was there,” he tells TVLine. “We’re sitting in the same room we’ve been reading in for seven years… that stuff’s really deep.”

Question: I’ll take anything you’ve got on the final season of True Blood. —Nina
Ausiello: Joe Manganiello, who spent much of last season starring in what felt like some kind of weird Alcide spinoff, is back with “the core group” in Season 7, the actor confirms. Of course, being married to in a serious relationship with Sookie Stackhouse will do that. “He is domesticated [and] living in society,” reports Manganiello. “He isn’t the wild crazy wolf-guy anymore. [Sookie and Alcide] go to church on Sundays. He has to wear a blazer. He lives in gran’s house. He’s got a to-do list for the house. It’s different life for him. But it is what he has always wanted. He finally got the girl and he got the life. Now the only problem is that there are these marauding Hep-V pyscho vampires destroying the world. There’s gotta be something.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Kim Roots, Andy Swift, Michael Slezak and Vlada Gelman)

1. Kritter Lady says:

Nothing on the series finale of Drop Dead Diva airing this Sunday? *sad face*

2. alistaircrane says:

Alcide and Sookie are married? Wow. That was fast. So much for dating!

3. Aleksa says:

I’m guessing Morello’s mother for Steenburgen.

4. Ma says:

Love the Reign scoop! So many new guys. The story needs some fresh faces.

5. D. says:

Carrie Preston as series regular on The Good Wife? YES PLEASE! Producers, you heard the woman, make it happen!

6. Nicole says:

Thanks for responding to my Reign scoop request, Ausiello! :)

7. Dottie says:

What’s this I saw on the news…..a picture of Max from Dancing with the Stars and J. Lo? Are they an item now? I’d rather see him with Carrie Ann. I hope Max comes back next season. He’s my favorite.

8. Larc says:

I agree with Carrie Preston. Elsbeth Tascioni definitely needs to be a regular on The Good Wife.

9. leola says:

So happy Carrie Preston is back for more on The Good Wife. She just makes you sit up and not want to miss anything she says with the rest of the cast.

10. ninergrl6 says:

Thanks for the Reign scoop. Season 2 already has me very intrigued!

11. Carolyn says:

I loved mind games.

• dkwilley says:

I did too – they screwed up not giving people a chance to find it – Steve Zahn? just doesn’t get any better………….

• prish says:

Mind Games was almost a brilliant show, very fun to watch, if not Emmy caliber for some people. I assume the title killed it, being a negative in our culture, not capturing the show’s actual mood. 20th TV should market it as Psych Games to cable channels. I went to a liberal arts university, where my psychology major had the most students. Watching this show was like being given water while trapped in a desert.

• Caitlin says:

Thank you, friends. Stand tall! Be proud! (I may be going slightly overboard now)

• Alex says:

Well… someone out there had to like that stinker. ABC actually aired it, so at least one important person was wacky enough to think that lump of crud wouldn’t sink.

12. Ruth says:

Will Margret Cho and Jackson Hurst be in the season finale of Drop Dead Diva?

• Carm says:

Saw Cho in the previews slapping Ian. The info button for the episode says Ian ruined her chance to be famous. So at least she is in it. Don’t know about Jackson Hurst

13. Katherine215 says:

I really, really hope The 100 does not go the baby route with Lincoln and Octavia. The show is about survival, not playing house in the wilderness. I can’t see what a baby would add to the show other than some silly “unite the Grounders and the 100″ trope.

• Carla Krae says:

Reproduction is required to keep the human race going, though.

• Katherine215 says:

Of course, but they’re 13 episodes in! Let’s give it a couple seasons…until the series finale maybe. Or have the adults start having kids. The 100 are all under 18!

14. James Butler says:

Why is Alicia’s character depicted as a heroine and Peter as the scum of the earth when they both cheated? What makes her character “a good wife?”

• prish says:

I assume because she had not dumped him at the beginning of the series. I’m holding off watching the show, in case they mess it up, before the end of the series. But I do keep tabs on the latest.

• abz says:

The story is from her perspective. It’s not that he’s scum. She stayed in her marriage even after the multiple affairs and endured the hell and scrutiny she was put under because of it. She was the “good” wife. And even though she cheated that’s not the issue. She always felt like staying with Peter was something she HAD to do and over the years the way I see it, she’s been slowly accepting the fact that she really doesn’t need to stay with him especially given that she doesn’t love him as much any more and that it’s okay to choose herself and her happiness. Peter’s not always the bad guy and she’s not always the good wife. The issue goes beyond their flaws. It’s about wanting desperately to move on from this chapter in her life, but finding it’s not so easy given the situations (i.e. their kids together, their professional goals, etc.). So, how exactly does she go about moving on with her life? That’s her journey.
      Anyway, That’s just my take it..

• James Butler says:

You have a pretty good perspective but my question is “what makes her a good wife?” What Peter did was in season one and what she did was from season 2 thru season 5.
        If she is trying to find her way than the direction she is going is DOWN. Wouldn’t a divorce solve all her problems. I noticed that Peter wasn’t even invited to his son’s graduation and the gathering afterwards. If it wasn’t for her husband she would not have succeeded in any of the things she has accomplished.

• abz says:

I think it’s about society’s perspective and how despite everything that Peter did she didn’t give up on her marriage and stuck with it. At least that’s what her peers and the public see. There’s this negativity with regards to divorce and she showed the public that it’s possible to move beyond infidelity and one can forgive or at least put on a show that they can forgive.
          At this point in the show, I actually don’t think a divorce would help either of them despite how much she appears to want one personally. She is just beginning a new path in her career and Peter is a Governor with dreams of going higher up in the political world. They benefit each other in terms of public image and that’s why they agreed to those terms of their marriage after that fight.
          Also, I don’t remember all the details from the finale but wasn’t there a phone call between Alicia and Peter where they talked about Zach’s party? It’s always seemed that despite their feelings for each other, Alicia never really cut Peter out of their kids’ lives. Their children always came first.

• James Butler says:

I must have missed what you are seeing in Alicia’s behavior. Her peers knows she is cheating on her husband. Everyone in the circle she is associated with (judiciary and political) know about her lover. Staying married only benefit her not her husband. I admire all you fans who try real hard to find the good in Alicia’s character by taking things out of context and substituting your solution. The character is not a good one and it’s not because of what her husband did. It’s because of the choices she made in her personal life.

• abz says:

I was referring to the general public. Yes, some of the people she works close with, they either knew about it or suspected a relationship with Will, but to the general public, they don’t know her and who she is. They only know how she and Peter portray the relationship in the public eye and that portrayal is of a woman who stayed with her husband and forgave his transgressions, hence the “good” wife.
            I wasn’t trying hard to find the good in Alicia. This show is so much more than the division between this person is good and this one is bad despite the name of the show. The show is great at showing the imperfections and the human nature of people. Alicia is not a completely good person, but she’s also not a bad person either. Like most of us she has qualities of both bad and good. She started off very “good” and then the affair happened and she was hurt and it just set her on a new journey and a rediscovery of herself. She found a way to move on and forgive him only to find out about a second affair which then pushed her into her own affair with Will. I’m not justifying her affair, but at least to me I think it’s important to understand the entire picture rather than simply saying she’s such an awful person because she slept with Will, because she left L&G the way she did, etc. She’s not a bad person. She’s just a person who’s made a few poor or questionable choices sometimes.
            And no the marriage did not only benefit her. How was it a benefit for her to stay with him after the affair and have her and their kids be humiliated in front of the public and abandoned by people she thought were her friends? Their marriage benefited BOTH of them. Without Alicia, he wouldn’t have become State’s Attorney. Without her, he wouldn’t be governor right now. All those interviews she did for his campaign, the many public appearances, photo ops, etc. And now he probably wants to take it a step further for senator. It became a marriage of convenience. They both need each other. Him for his political career and her for her law career. Not saying that just because they need each other professionally that they SHOULD stay together. It’s just the reality of how their marriage is currently.

• James Butler says:

Since there is no way for me to comment on your latest comment explaining how “Peter’s” transgressions caused “Alicia” such shame and humiliation that her resulting action and behavior is acceptable and can be understood to mean this great lady is a perfect example of womanhood at it’s best and life is complex and our choices are really not relevant if it’s done for selfish reasons. That right after her lover’s death the thought of sleeping with a man she met on jury duty was just a part of her finding herself. I am glad my outlook on marriage is quite different from yours and I see that no matter what is said against Alicia’s character’s behavior there will be those of you who will continue to cheer her on. Good Luck in your own marriage………..My wife and I celebrated our 60th on April 3, 2014.

• abz says:

Well congrats on your long marriage. It’s clear from the number years that you wrote that there is a massive age difference between the two of us and that we both watch and analyze this show in different ways. You keep trying to make it seem like people who support the Alicia character are all supporters of cheating and through my many attempts to explain to you my view, you still appear to have this black and white mindset and that Alicia is such an awful character. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Have a good day.

• Mel says:

It’s a “Bill and Hillary” kind of relationship.

• James Butler says:

As far as we know Hillary never committed adultery as Alicia’s character has.

• James Butler says:

abz you are still justifying a wife who commit adultery and she her journey as one of discovery. How many time did she call off her affair with
          will? Was she aware that her actions could cause embarressment to her children and family? More then just the people in her immediate circle knew about her affair. She was questioned in court on the matter. Peter is portrayed as a cuckold husband who is smitten with his wife and has no self respect for allowing her to continue her scandalous ways in hope of restoring his family. The voters elected him governor because they believed in him not the “eye candy” his wife presented under false pretense. She attacked her husband with vile and contempt the same way Will attacked her when she and Cary left L/G. If for some reason you find a married women sleeping with someone other than her husband as being okay than the moral integrity of our society has gone to hell………

• abz says:

I wasn’t justifying her adultery. I was merely trying to point out the complex nature of the show and the relationships and characters within the show and how it isn’t all black and white as you come across seeming to think it is. You’re saying that just because she cheated that she’s this awful person. She isn’t, just like Peter isn’t an awful person despite making some pretty bad choices in the past. There is more to it. There is the reality of human emotion and human relationships being portrayed and the show is illustrating that exceptionally well IMO. She was a hurt woman who made a poor judgement in having an affair with someone after her husband cheated on her multiple times and made her undergo intense public humiliation. That decision complicated her life and her feelings and made her constantly question the current state of her life. It’s not a justification of the cheating, it’s an understanding of the decisions she made and what lead her to them and a look at how these decisions, whether good or bad, will change her.
            Also, I still think you’re completely discounting how important their marriage is to them professionally and you’re underestimating the importance of public image. They “believed” in him because he worked hard to rehabilitate his public image and build one of a changed man; and who helped him continue to back up that image? His wife of course. The one who stuck by him. It would have probably taken him a lot longer to rehabilitate his image without her there by his side. Their marriage IS mutually beneficial and the writers made her tell Peter during that heated argument that she will be there for any public appearance he needs her for and any other campaign stuff, etc., because they too believe that she is important to his career as much as he is for hers. if you choose not to see that then I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Have a good day.

15. nancy says:

i dont like usa.

16. BH says:

Ugh Teen Wolf. I love Meagan/Braedan but watching her make out with Derek in the promo killed a lot of my interest. Way to take a kickass lady and make sure at least half your fanbase is going to either immediately hate her for getting with their fave, or immediately hate the writers for not being able to give us even one female character that doesn’t act as a love interest.

17. Ally Oop says:

I’m curious how long Francis will be alive in Reign and how (if the show survives to Season 3) the show will shift to Scotland when Mary leaves France. It could be easily done as Catherine becomes the regent of France for several years while her other two sons are king. I would also like to see glimpses of what’s going on in England with young Queen Elizabeth. I think it would make for an interesting show and it will still stick to the apt title of Reign.

18. jm says:

Dorrick Argos Tascione. That will be a great law firm

19. michly says:

Thank you for the scoop. I really hope they don’t do the Ravenswood thing!

20. A says:

Woooooo Octavia and Lincoln! Yeye

21. Ashley says:

Thank for doing my teen wolf question ausiello! I forgot to put my name in the email lol… I was like who is Gyll and how dare he steal my question lol

22. MA says:

Oy. I don’t know if I have the patience for Nashville anymore. The cast is so talented and the music is so good, but the writing and storytelling is so cliched. The only thing they seem to be able to come up with for drama is breaking people up and getting them back together and breaking them up again. There are other things that are interesting in life, more interesting, in fact. Dang.

23. Caitlin says:

I know popularity’s been good to you, Michael, but it’s not the only thing. I will not back away from liking Mind Games. Or that Do No Harm show, for that matter. (The ending, on the other hand…) It’s okay, though. I still like you, extensive fan following at all. Thanks for answering my question, even if I’m disappointed. Here’s looking at you, 20th Century!

24. Hot Dumb Italian Mike! says:

Sad that this “True Bloods final season. Times have changed, and shows of the fantasy/ sci-fi type can now go on for years . If not network, cable theres always the net. Just curious why its going out to pasture so early.

25. MrFantasticsThing says:

I really hope they tie up/give us some closure on Ravenswood, such a shame that series didn’t get renewed. The optimal scenario would have been 3 seasons with tied up story lines with Caleb, and maybe some other characters, then joining PLL.

26. Maxsmom says:

If the door is closed on Peter and Alicia, my door may be closed to The Good Wife. I was over the moon with Will’s departure because I thought the triangle was stale and Peter and Alicia could finally settle in to the work of repairing their marriage. In a superior season, the only weakness was the end of the Florrick marriage.

27. Broadwayfan says:

Can’t wait for the fun game of ‘hide the baby’ for Hayden P. on NASHVILLE as the season begins.

28. daphne says:

i will miss medium when it finishes they are such a lovely family i do not know how joe stands all her weird dreams