Pretty Little Liars Recap: Gone, Mommy, Gone

Pretty Little Liars Recap

Last week, Hanna called 9-1-1. This Tuesday, the girls willingly went to the police station. Have the Pretty Little Liars finally realized they can’t take down “A” on their own?

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries Lead 2014 Teen Choice Award Nominees

Don’t be ridiculous, Alison merely sold Detective Hotbrook (not a typo) on some wild story about a kidnapping. The other girls, unsurprisingly, had a much more difficult time keeping their stories straight.

CAN YOU DIG IT? | The mystery of Mrs. D’s “disappearance” also thickened this week, and all manicured fingers pointed to Jason. Hanna and Emily even tailed Spencer’s half-bro to one of Rosewood’s sketchier districts (yes, they exist) but ultimately came up empty handed. Spencer confronted Jason at the end of the hour with the group’s theory, only to be interrupted by a troubled cry from Pepe — Ali’s new dog, who’s totally trying to make fetch happen — as he made an interesting discovery ‘neath the DiLaurentis’ front lawn: Mrs. D’s body! Now that the gang knows Ali’s mom is dead, it’s time to hunt down the killer. (If history is any indication, we should have our answer midway through Season 15.)

WOMEN’S MURDER CLUB | Fresh off her own first kill, Aria spent the hour slowly descending into madness — her hair was, like, the least beachy it’s ever been — until Emily, who has also taken a human life, sat her down for some real talk. Don’t you just love bonding with your friends over shared experiences… like murder?

pll-monaEMPTY HEADS/THREATS | Mona, meanwhile, acted like she doesn’t know everything that happened to Alison by handing out whistles to prevent further “kidnappings.” She also cornered Ali at the mausoleum — Rosewood’s latest hotspot, apparently — and told her, “You’re going to wish you stayed dead.” (Ironically, Ali really could have used one of those whistles during her confrontation with Mona.) Also, I won’t even bother commenting on how much of a handsome, grown-up man Mike was this week. I’m pretty sure Twitter took care of that for all of us.

HOT SPOBY ACTION | This week’s episode also featured the long-awaited return of Toby, as well as the long-awaited absence of Toby’s clothing. (I knew there was something missing from the season premiere!) Melissa apparently lied about seeing Toby in London because, as Toby explained, Wren answered the door to her apartment. Or should I call it a “flat”? Sorry, I’m too preoccupied wondering which other off-screen characters might also be in London right now. Could that be where Sean disappeared to?!

PLL fans, any thoughts on this week’s episode? Who could be playing that freaky violin music? Who killed Mrs. D? And, seriously, who else is in London?! Drop your theories in the comments section below.

1. Dan says:

They seem convinced shana was a. Did I miss something? Can we confirm whether or not shana was a?

2. Linda says:

When are we going to see Aria’s parents again? What are Holly Marie and or Chad doing that they can’t make one small appearance for an episode?

….

With me asking this, they’ll probably both be on next week. Lol.

• Holly Marie has been positive about PLL on twitter, so I think if they asked her back she would be there. But her character is supposed to be off with the hot chef guy and HMC is off trying to save the whales or sharks or something.

• Andy Swift says:

I’d be shocked if they were on next week… or ever, for that matter. They’re always *conveniently* in another room.

3. Deena says:

Recaps like this help keep me watching. Thanks for the laughs.

4. Party stamps says:

Thanks, Andy. Can’t believe they gave Ali a dog so Mrs. D’s body was found. And I love your ‘season 15′ reference.

5. Reblogged this on THB Files and commented:
    Tonight’s episode and the ending was shocking. I enjoyed of watching it. Glad I didn’t spoil. I’m gonna miss the next week episode because I’m out of town. Great episode.

6. Smigglesby says:

Thanks for putting WHO KILLED MRS D on the front page huge slide. TV line is usually horrible about their headline but its usually only minor spoilery stuff like “Who killed [Spoiler]?” this is too much :(

7. roben says:

I dont believe allison she seems like a liar, i think allison is A, and probably killed her mom. Mean she hardly had an expression of surprisement.

• Delena forever says:

That could be true but the only problem is That she was in NY with the girls so she couldn’t have killed her mom at the same time

8. Sarah says:

Hanna: No you follow him! I have to change my underwear!

Best line of the show!

9. Heidi says:

I think that there is like an A club and when you take out the leader (shana) there’s always someone else. Shana is Definately not the only A, they renewed for season 6 and 7 so they obviously aren’t going to end it in the beginning of season 5. I think that A will be Somone totally unexpected (not Jason) because if the directors or whatever make Jason A who is going to be surprised but if they made ex: Mike A I think a lot of people would be suprised and get the reaction the show want. I think the A leader is Noël, he could’ve easily done that stuff because he has the girls trust

10. Angela says:

Great recap! If Shana was ‘A’, what about the rest of the ‘A’ Army from the NY playground? I think they are separate from Mona’s ‘geek’ Army! I think the violin music is coming from Mona or Jenna. I think Jenna and Melissa are much more involved than originally thought!!

11. Lizzie says:

there really is no physical proof that Shana had anything to do with A. I think she wanted her own personal revenge to the liars and Ali so that is why she threatened to kill them all, and she also never said anything about A