Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Sleepy Hollow, Big Bang, Once, Scandal, Haven, Teen Wolf, Beast and More

Once Upon a Time Season 4 Emma Hook

Will guilt detour a Once Upon a Time romance? Is Big Bang‘s bride-to-be due for a big makeover? What’s fishy about Sleepy Hollow‘s new casting call? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time: Which Frozen Characters Are Being Cast?

Now that Once Upon a Time’s Emma and Hook kissed, and she let go of her walls and fears, is a CaptainSwan relationship possible, or is it too soon? –freak91
Just because old issues have been put to rest, you can count on new ones arising. “There will be some challenges for them,” cocreator Adam Horowitz teases. Eddy Kitsis elaborates, saying, “The very first obstacle is Emma’s guilt over the fact that she just destroyed Regina’s relationship [with Robin Hood],” by transporting Marian to our world. “So there’s a part of her that feels guilt in starting a new romance of her own.”

A Season 2 premiere date is a start. But do you have any Sleepy Hollow scoop to follow up? –Claire
Can I interest you in one of the most curious casting calls I’ve seen in a while? For Season 2, the Fox hit is filling the guest role of Mary, an old flame of Ichabod’s who is as sweet as she is prone to moody fits of jealousy. But that’s not the fun part. This is: Interested actresses “must be comfortable working in the water” and “with wearing prosthetics.”

Any scoop on Beauty and the Beast is much appreciated. Many thanks! –Anna
Oh, you say that now. But then I go and share this Kristen Kreuk tease about the season finale, and…. Well, just read it. “I think the fans would have been pleased [it had been a series finale], but what does happen is there’s a question that [Catherine and Vincent] have to answer about their future and how they want to proceed.” All told, she says the season ender is “rather emotionally traumatic for everybody.” So? Am I still appreciated?

Do you remember the rings on Haven? Nathan found his after his dad’s death and Audrey got hers from Vince. Will we find out something more about those in Season 5? –Natalia
I can assure you that yes, the rings will play a role in the show’s supersized new season.

RELATED | Your June Calendar: 80+ Premiere and Finale Dates

I like the idea of Lydia being a banshee on Teen Wolf, but are we ever going to find out what she did in the woods when she went missing at the start of Season 2? –Erica
Season 2? Sorry, but I think we both know Teen Wolf isn’t big on going back and revisiting old story lines, especially from the Jackson era. But if you like the idea of Lydia being a banshee, you’ll love Season 4. In the June 23 premiere alone, Ms. Martin comes in contact with someone who knows more about her powers than she does — and who forces her to predict an imminent death.

How about some Kaley_Pixie_CutThe Big Bang Theory news? –Alexa
How about some big scoop on Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting’s very big haircut, and how it might affect Season 8? Kaley clipped her locks (the first time) just prior to the show’s wrap party, yet when she walked in, she tells me, “The producers loved it.” She has since evolved her ‘do into an outright pixie cut, and thus far has not heard boo, so… good news? “I’m hoping Penny will keep the haircut, that’s my goal,” Cuoco-Sweeting shares, noting: “The finale wasn’t a ‘To Be Continued,’ so I don’t see any problem with it. People change, people get haircuts, so I think this is a realistic move for Penny. Fingers crossed!”

I would enjoy some Scandal scoop! –Kyle
If you fretted that Joe Morton’s new role on the TNT drama Proof would translate into less Papa Pope, don’t. At least not yet. Morton told me that production on the Jennifer Beals-led series doesn’t begin until January, so Scandal has dibs on him at least through the first half of Season 4. (I also asked the estimable actor for his thoughts on Rowan offing POTUS’ teen son: “I was pleasantly surprised” that they went there, he offered. “I thought it was a perfect way to end the season.”

RELATED | ABC Fall Schedule: Full Shondaland-Themed Thursday Is Coming!

What we are to expect from Season 2 of The Witches of East End? –Amber
If you’re at all fuzzy on the final moments of the Season 1 finale, you’re in good company. Thanks to some mystical Asgard juju, the Beauchamp ladies don’t remember anything after Penelope’s death — which is probably a good thing, especially for Freya. And speaking of Freya, don’t expect a Frillian reunion anytime soon. Dash’s brother may have survived that attack, but he’s nowhere near East End when Season 2 begins.

Can you confirm if Nadine Velazquez is a series regular for Season 3 of Major Crimes? –Kevin
I can confirm that the My Name Is Earl alum is not a series regular, and as of press time has yet to be booked for a Season 3 encore.

Any last-minute scoop on The Fosters? – Abby
In the new season, premiering June 16, Callie “discovers a lot about her past that she wasn’t aware of,” Maia Mitchell previews — and she’s not just talking about the twist that her dad isn’t her biological father. The bio dad news will, though, leave her brother Jude “concerned because they’ve done everything together and it’s this whole part of her life that he will never be able to be a part of, that he is not involved in. That causes him some anxiety that you definitely see come out later on in the season in a way that I can’t tell you yet.”

What happened to Detective Sully from Castle? After Beckett got her job back, he just disappeared! –Larissa
I delivered your need for Season 6 “housekeeping” to show boss Andrew W. Marlowe, who explained, “Sully is simply working one floor up. He’d come visit more often, but he’d stop the show. And who can afford that in today’s TV climate?”

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite summer or fall show, email InsideLine@tvline.com!

1. Yule says:

Can we get some Homeland spoilers soon? Preferably about Quinn & Carrie.

2. Ashley says:

That’s sad about Nadine. It took awhile to like her on Major Crimes, but by the end of the season, I did. I assumed she was going to be there.

• Mamma Mia says:

I feel her character was neither well thought out nor well written. She was hard to like. I have nothing against the actress. I would like to see her in a better role.

• Annie says:

I agree. Nothing at *all* against Nadine whatsoever – I just think the character had been drawn way too broadly, something close to a caricature at times.

3. thanks for answering my BATB question Matt! And yes, you are still appreciated and very much so, though my heart is pounding lol :)

4. JC1 says:

The very first obstacle is Emma’s guilt over the fact that she just destroyed Regina’s relationship [with Robin Hood],” by transporting Marian to our world.
    Emma feels guilty that she stopped Regina from murdering Marian. *facepalm* Fantastic. If Regina hadn’t been running around slaughtering people left and right for helping Snow White, she wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place. I love Regina, but I’m not cool with her blaming other people for problems she caused. If Regina really loved Robin and Roland, she would be grateful that Emma saved her from murdering someone that they loved. I don’t expect her to be thrilled about losing her relationship with Robin, but if the writers want to truly start showing that she’s changing, part of that is going to be accepting responsibility for her own actions.

• The EQ never killed Marian in the original history, so Emma assumed and interfered, something Hook warned her not to do. Do you really think that if EQ had killed Marian in that dungeon that Robin would build a relationship with Regina or have her near his son, especially after he went back to FTL and regained his memories in Storybrooke? Robin lost Marian another way, I think it was through illness, so that means she presumably escaped from the dungeon.

• JC1 says:

Marian didn’t give her name, so she might have been just one of dozens of nameless people Regina slaughtered to get to Snow White. If she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and no one knew who she was, Robin may have never known what happened to her. Whatever the case, it’s still on Regina more than on Emma. If Regina hadn’t been threatening to kill her, Emma wouldn’t have felt the need to rescue her. And let’s not forget that Emma witnessed Regina burning her own mother at the stake. I’m sorry, but Emma is not the one who needs to be apologizing here.

• Len84 says:

Agreed. Firstly Emma is a person who will want to save anyone, she was ready to this when Regina was threatening the villiage ppl and Marian got captured and then she heard when she met the woman, that she was helping Snow, who as you know is Emma’s mum and also to hear the woman would be executed the next day. I mean how can your heart not go out and save the woman when you have just got out and have a way to save someone else. Emma wasnt wrong at all. Despite even Hook said not to mess with it, he knows deep down Emma would do this and she isnt wrong.
          And also imo it changes the timeline makes Regina NOT have murdered Marian (if she did originally) but i think Marian will die, its just her fate i guess.

• JC1 says:

I agree. I think Marian will die too, somehow – I do think Robin and Regina will be together in the end. But I’m just not ok with Emma being blamed for taking away poor Regina’s happy ending – Regina did that to herself, whether Marian would have actually died at her hand or not.

• Sid says:

@Len84 – Agree, and well said. I can only hope Emma knows she did the right thing on the whole, and Hook will be there, and they have a talk over this if Emma is feeling guilty then pushing him away.
            As for Regina – one can only hope she understands that her actions in the past would of been awful if the timeline didnt change and she was the killer of Robin’s wife, and that she understands not to fall into evil antics and blaming others and going on a rampage.

• Jamie says:

Emma was 100% wrong. Her desire to help someone wasn’t wrong, but that she didn’t stop and think of the consequences and realizes that it wasn’t her place to do so was. Tell me, if she had saved Milah or Neal, would you still be okay with things? No, don’t answer that. The Regina wouldn’t have murdered Marian thing is absurd – no one would ever known because no one ever did. Emma made a poor choice with a good heart. Dismissing that dismisses her humanity and the many flaws of that all to keep CS afloat.

• JC1 says:

@Jamie, Emma was not wrong. As far as I’m concerned she did absolutely the right thing. And how does Emma saving Marian have anything at all to do with CS?

• Caro says:

Lana Parrilla stated at Spooky Con a couple of weeks ago that the writers had told her early on that the Evil Queen had been responsible for Marion’s death. Marion had kept her name a secret, so Regina never knew who she was.

• JC1 says:

Interesting, thank you. Good to have it confirmed one way or the other.

• Stallion says:

It’s true that Regina killed Marian. They confirmed it. I still have issues with the story. I feel like they could have given a better reason for Robin not knowing than Marian didn’t give her name. I am sure Regina didn’t know or care who Marian was, but everyone knows the Evil Queen. She showed Marian off before she killed her. I find it a little “easy” that Robin didn’t know anything about it. Does anyone else feel that way?

• kath says:

We don’t know how Marian died. Since everything else was happening the way it had in the past, it’s logical that Regina’s orders would have been what killed Marian.

• Amy says:

Parrilla said at the last Con she attended that she knew Regina had killed Marian and used it in her portrayal of Regina …Marian was very very ill during the time of ‘Lacey’ and almost died but Robin stole the wand from Rumple and saved her. The show was pretty vague on what happened to Marian after that just that Robin blamed himself and Marian said to Emma in the cell that she was pretty sure her family already thought her dead and maybe they didn’t know it was at the hands of Regina,,,, (I assume they kept events of her death vague so not to spoil the surprise since all this is mapped out well in advance of the airing…like how we got the spoiler about the wedding in January etc) …Regina most certainly did kill Marian …and it would have been totally out of character for Emma to leave an innocent woman to die…(especially given the woman was going to die for trying to help her mother) ..I get being ‘conflicted’ because it sucks for Regina (who I like) ..but what I’m most amused about is all the fans that think she shouldn’t have saved her or that taking her to the future was ‘stupid’ ..Emma was actually smart to take her to the ‘future’ granted she didn’t think about the complications of her loved ones having moved on ( but in fairness to Emma they could also been dead) taking Marian to the future not only saved Marian’s life but preserved the past since she wasn’t supposed to be there…honestly I figured Regina and Hood would have a massive obstacle I just wish they’d left Emma out of it…she’s my favorite character and I feel like this fandom hates on her for everything…I’m personally really excited though to see how everything develops and I can’t wait for S4 to start…thanks for the scoop!

• leigh says:

I think the biggest obstacle is how they are going to get a change of clothes for Hook. And I totally agree with what you just said, too.

• JC1 says:

Yes please!! :) I am SO very ready to see Hook in modern day clothes. If he needs some black, Emma can get him a modern looking black leather jacket.

• Len84 says:

YES please. We need Hook in modern clothes, rocking it out atleast for abit. GIve him new shirts and some jeans, keep that leather jacket if he wants. But i love to see him in plaid shirts ;) Colin style ;)

• Lily says:

While Hook would look great in anything…. I actually like that his pirate outfit, is his security blanket. It adds a bit of wackiness, and compliments Emma’s “real world-ness”. Plus, I am not so sure the hook can fit under regular clothing.

• Stallion says:

I think that we will find that Emma did the right thing in the end because she inadvertently saved Regina when she saved Marian. Now Regina is no longer the one who killed her. I also feel that Emma’s guilt is more about that fact that everything was going so well and her actions rocked the boat. I doubt she feels she did the wrong thing by saving Marian’s life. Having said that, of the two woman, Regina is more important to Emma because Regina effects her life. Marian doesn’t effect her at all. They finally got the co-parenting thing down. Regina helped Emma’s mother save her father’s life in the enchanted forest. Emma is more focused on how they have moved forward, and the fact that Henry loves Regina. To me that is more likely the reason for the guilt.

5. eviloverlore says:

Uh, the article you linked mentioned nothing about the super-sized Season 5 of Haven as a “swan song”. Do you know something we don’t?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Nope, just Matt getting TV’s 200+ series mixed up. It happens.

• eviloverlore says:

*whew* Totally forgivable, but I had to ask. <3

• Josh says:

But I wouldn’t be surprised if this 26 episode order is the last of Haven. It sounds like it was a money saving thing(will still only have 13 episodes a year)…so I’d say Haven is gone after season 6(later half of season 5), which is pretty good for a SyFy show, especially if they get to end the series on their own terms without a two episode notice!

• Josh says:

• Ryan says:

Has Syfy ever given a scripted show more than 5 “seasons?” Eureka lasted 7 years, but only 5 seasons.

6. BrianR says:

I’m booing the short hair cut. BOOOOOOOOOO.

• ComeOn! says:

It’s just hair, it’ll grow back. If not there is always wigs.

• C. says:

Or she keeps it short. She looks very cute like that, no need for a wig or even for it to grow back, and I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit Penny.

• Kat says:

I agree – her haircut looks great on her, and Leonard has had different haircuts throughout the series. Women, especially young women, change their hairstyles, color, frequently, and she looks great in the new cut. Time for her looks to mature, just as her character is doing.

7. riseandshine says:

Finally Haven scoop!! Thanks Matt X200 times!! I just hope the approach of the rings or any explanation of this won’t end up a “mehh” thing like the reveal of how the troubles were made and worked they did in s4 because let’s face it , the last episodes of last season were so anticlimactic.

small Qs: syfy released the premiere dates of their fall shows or it’s too soon?

Thanks!

8. Thank you MATT for the BATB scoop!! As always you are appreciated by BEASTIES! THANK YOU! Keep the scoops coming! LOL

9. wordsmith says:

Regarding the Sleepy Hollow tease, I’m guessing we meet Mary in 1700’s flashbacks, and then she appears to Ichabod and/or Abby as some sort of waterlogged tortured soul a la Samara from The Ring.

• Angela says:

Haha, that would certainly be a good explanation for her appearance. I’m kinda hoping that’s how it plays out.

• Alice says:

You know, for a guy that didn’t grow up there, but came over with the British regulars, Ichabod managed to date pretty regularly in the colonies between all his spy work. Katrina, Betsy Ross, “Mary”. Crane’s got game.

• zumpie says:

Well have you seen him? Even when he was literally filthy from the ground, boyfriend was smoking! Not hard to see why he’d get lots of lady action.

• Angela says:

Haha, can’t argue with this :D. That accent’ll charm ‘em every time!

• zumpie says:

And such a fabulous, consummate, dashing gentleman, too. BTW, Tom Mison was Mr. Bingley in the Pride and Prejuidice AU mini-series, Lost in Austen. And he’s fab (though so different, I didn’t even know it was him)

• Angela says:

@zumpie: That, too :). Yes.

Oh, really? Did not know about that! I may have to seek that out if it’s available somewhere for viewing-thanks for the info! Obviously I’m enjoying him on “Sleepy Hollow”, but I’m all for him making more appearances in other things on my TV screen as well when he gets a chance!

• zumpie says:

Ovations sometimes shows it and it’s on YouTube, as well. Be sure and search out the deleted scene, because it’s adorable (and I have no idea why they deleted it). Seriously, it’s really cute in and of itself and he’s so different, but sweet in it. And my pleasure!

• herman1959 says:

Hi all – I just recently found out that Tom Mison was in Parade’s End, starring Benedict Cumberbatch from 2012 (BBC/HBO). I watched the 5 or 6 episodes on Amazon, and I also didn’t recognize him at first. He was really funny, and Benedict was tremendous; check it out!

10. Len84 says:

Its perfectly understandable for Emma to feel guilty but bigger picture, she didnt do anything wrong she saved a life, and thats Emma Swan, thats what she does – not just as a saviour but as the woman we know.
    But excited to see what we get with Emma and Hook in season 4, and i do expect challenges and obstacles for them, coz well this show has them, but here’s hoping they be a team as they have been and get through them together, and also let Emma be happy for once. With her parents, family and Hook. So yes rooting for Emma and Hook!

• JC1 says:

I agree completely.

• zumpie says:

She will be, don’t worry. It’s even possible they’re just teasing with this and it’s briefly mentioned, means Hook and Emma don’t bang one night, but when he notices her guilt talks to her, she realizes (again) she needs to live her own life, in the present and they make sweet, sweet love by episode’s end.

Or it’s barely even that. Because A&E do, routinely, “spoil” minor plot points (like Henry being a “little match maker” or the “hot fudge sundae is featured” in NYC Serenade) to troll us. Cause they love to do that. And then run away giggling with gleeful delight

11. brycealexander says:

I’m glad something’s gonna give for Lydia’s banshee-dom. It’s been like 3 seasons (2, 3A, 3B) of not knowing what is going on with her supernatural side. I’m excited to see her master her skills.

12. Mary says:

Well that’s good about Emma. But they’re still going to make her an idiot to get involved with Hook at all. Sure hope this is the final season. It went from great to okay to awful. The fourth will just be the worst of it.

• Katie says:

Agree with everything you said, Mary. Emma, who has even seen Back to the Future, was the one acting like a complete idiot in the finale, making mistake after mistake after mistake (ignoring the whole saving Marion thing, which was also so stupid it could make my head explode) while Hook (the man, naturally, who the fandom drools over) constantly trying to convince her to think rationally. And the worst of it all is that I was OBSESSED with this show. Absolutely crazy about it for the first two seasons. Every week I’d make a big deal about it on my Facebook, that it was Once Upon a Time Day. And now I’m so bitterly disappointed with the direction that they’re going that I will literally never forgive the show. They ruined something amazing and fun and innovative, and it’s just completely depressing.

• zumpie says:

I think the show’s just fine. And it’s highly unlikely it will be cancelled at the end of this season. However, if you hate it so much, now (which I’m sure is because Bagel is now This Dead Person), why don’t you just change the channel? Then it won’t matter whether it’s on the air for the rest of us to enjoy, because you won’t see it. And you won’t feel the need to complain about nothing and can concern yourself with other things.

See? Solved your problem so easily. And take Mary with you.

• Katie says:

Oh, yes, a little Hook-er coming over here to tell me I’m not allowed to be mad at the show that broke my heart. Yes, I am devastated that they killed Neal for you people, but there are other grievances I have against the show. I wonder what the reaction would have been by the little Captain Swan-ers if it had been Hook to get the ax. Why, I’m just SURE they all would have handled it with the maturity and aplomb that is so common with that sect of the fandom. And, newsflash Zumple: Calling a dead character an insulting name does nothing but remind TPTB that your side is full of people who are vindictive and childish. So thank you for helping me out.

• zumpie says:

You’re “devastated”? Ummm, you do know he’s pretend, right? And that A&E didn’t kill him for “us people” (what he’s Jesus and died for my sins or something?), they killed him because that was the story line all along, with season 1 foreshadowing and the price Rumple paid for his wrongs and the price Bagel paid for being stupid, life for a life and dabbling in dark magic.

Oh and there was no need to kill him off for us—A&E have interviewed that they planned CS all along and JMo has interviewed that BagelSwan was never gonna be a thing again. If Hook had been written out, I would’ve been, at most, disappointed, because, again, I get that it’s all pretend. But I also knew that wouldn’t be happening, because I followed the spoilers and things were quite obvious.

Lastly, what do I have to be “vindictive” about? My ship isn’t sunk…and seriously, I don’t think A&E would suddenly reverse plot lines because they disagreed with something someone posted in online comments. To say nothing of YOU were the one dissing the show above and BagelSwanners are sending them hate on twitter, not CSers. And my nicknames are not a new thing, so if they did somehow influence them, we’d know by now.

But nice lame attempt. And again, don’t like it? Don’t watch it

• zumpie says:

Oh also, “broke your heart”??? Again, it’s a TV show. Seriously, perspective! It isn’t real. Time to move on

• kajar says:

“My side, your side, my side, your side – you’re just a big meanie!” *sigh* What is this, junior high? It’s a frelling television show, people. Get a grip. God I HATE ‘shipper wars. They’re getting worse in every fandom and you people royally sap the fun right out of any kind of meaningful discourse. If I could just once see a fandom not devolve into petty sniping, I’d probably keel over.

• Katie says:

This should be for Zumple, beneath me. Dude, I could literally sit here and argue with you until I’m blue in the face, but your continued use of insulting terms for Neal just reassures me that it would be completely futile. You’re a diehard, and there’s just no reasoning with you. The only thing I’m going to say is that A&E never said they planned Captain Swan from the beginning, they said they planned to make Hook fall for EMMA since the first season. But they also intended to make Bae Peter Pan, so of course they would see an opportunity to create a very logical love triangle there. I’m sure that’s what they meant. And, also, you might want to calm down a little instead of attacking anyone and everyone that doesn’t agree with your ship (I notice I’m not the only poster you replied to lol). If you’re as secure in your ship as you claim, you wouldn’t feel the need to constantly defend it. Obviously I don’t literally mean that I’m heartbroken and devastated. I was using hyperbole, dear. In fact, I won’t be watching this season, in fact and neither is my family. I wonder what the numbers will look like when everyone displeased with the show follows your instructions.
            Also, I wanted to say to kajar please do not act as though you have any idea what the source of my anger is. No, I never wanted Neal to die, but I don’t ship Swanfire. I don’t ship anything on Once. My issue is the blantant fan-pandering, and the absolutely senseless killing of Neal. Do not assume anything without asking before you call me a 12 year old girl. Pretty uncool.

• zumpie says:

You might want to follow your advice about “calming down”, because why would you post in such extreme terms, otherwise? Kinda the same way you take such umbrage at a nickname and are still referring to Bagel’s death (for which I detailed the many reasons behind) as a “senseless killing’. Again, he’s pretend. Try to remember that. However, I feel no need to “calm down” when I’m so vastly entertained.

It’s interesting that you’re so offended by kajar making assumptions, yet you do the same with myself, BTW. But I do notice you like to resort to pretty much every elementary school debating technique…..so obviously “you’re so scared” would make its way in there. And you’re mighty caught up in Bagel’s pretend death for someone who didn’t ship anything (but I notice you BagelSwanners love to use that, not sure why, just find it hilarious)

Since OUaT has actually gained viewers because of CS (and CS generates media attention and, consequently, viewers) I, again, I very much doubt they’ll care. But your concern trolling is, once again, duly noted. However, you’re (again) devoting an awful lot of energy to something you’re not gonna watch and don’t care about, aren’t you? I’m reminded of the hate crush my daughter had in the first grade.

• Joey says:

Here I was thinking I’d be the first person to say how dumb Emma has to be to get involved with Hook. Kudos to you, Mary.

13. Sid says:

Thx Matt for the Emma/Hook question. When have Emma and Hook not have challenges hey ;)
    But now i expect them to be together and solve them together. :)

• Lily says:

When has anyone on OUaT not had challenges?
      Emma is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming…. it only makes sense for her romance, to be riddled with challenges.

• Len84 says:

Agreed!

• Len84 says:

Sorry for double post. I think its how the couples work in this show, get them together and throw them obstacles and challenges it shows and strengthens up and faith in love, which is what Emma’s romance should include like her parents, and we know Hook would got to the ends of the world for her

14. Lo says:

Thank you SO much, Major Crimes and James Duff, for listening to your fans and getting rid of Nadine Velasquez! I like the actress but the character was just 50 shades of awful! Season 2 was almost unbearable as a result and I held my breath last Monday hoping she wouldn’t be there… until Hobbs walked in and I exhaled :)

15. Brooke says:

Thank you for the information you gave about the mysterious rings from Haven. Love Haven!

16. Adele says:

I hope the season finale for BATB means a marriage proposal for VinCat ? Can’t wait to find out!

17. sylvia says:

On Beauty and the Beast season finale-please the question cannot be do we stay together or not! WE have had that question for the past two seasons and it is getting repetitive. It is time for this couple to be a couple and stop trying to break them up! We need them to be a couple for this show to have any kind of future-we were so close to losing it altogether this year- and that was because most of the season was breaking them up-so what works for this show is that they are together forever!

18. dee123 says:

Good. That character was SO annoying on Major Crimes last season.

19. Theresa says:

Sully one floor up? That is the roof! LOL. Is Marlowe teasing that Sully is gone to that great beyond?

20. I’m not certain the place you are getting your information, however good topic.
    I needs to spend a while finding out much more or working out more.
    Thanks for excellent info I was on the lookout for this information for my mission.

21. Ana says:

I hope Emma and Hook will make it!! I’ve never rooted for any other fictional character as much as I root for them. Those two have true love…and true love always comes with obstacles. I hope that they’ll face whatever challenges come their way…together!!

22. Mark says:

The whole Frozen storyline is hook (no pun intended) on Once to try desperately to keep hold of the viewers because of the fans, they are going to loose as a part of the fan base who don’t support the whole Emma / Hook relationship. Season One was great Season Two was on par in parts but in other parts resembled a soap opera and if they carry on in this soapier dynamic in Season Three the show will loose out. They need to stop writing for the various navies on this show and get back to what made it great in the first place in Season One, the actual stories about the fairytale characters and not who is shacking up with who purely for ratings. and before anyone says anything I couldn’t care about who Emma is with (Neal, Hook, Etc.) as long as its done as part of the story. And not forced fed to me like I’m an idiot, as it was in the latter half of last season….

• zumpie says:

It’s always been soapy and while I enjoy it, was never this work of deep genius. It actually finished quite well for a returning show and I’m sure A&E are perfectly happy to continue with their vision for the show. BTW, most viewers aren’t part of the online fandom and do enjoy Hook, so just because YOU don’t like something doesn’t make you a majority (or even a significant minority)

• Mark says:

I never stated I was a majority/ minority if anything Im a neutral as stated as I really couldn’t care who she ends up with, I fall into the category of hoping the show goes back more towards a Season one style of things. Which is a ever growing group…..

• zumpie says:

Actually you DID and continue to talk about majority.minority things—-you mentioned losing a significant portion of the viewership and that you’re part of an ever growing group. That’s indicative of numbers right there—albeit completely anecdotal.

Because just because YOU’D like to see things move in a certain direction doesn’t mean the bulk of the viewership does. Which is precisely my point in both cases. Again, season 1 wasn’t nearly the work of genius everyone made it out to be…likewise season 2 wasn’t nearly as bad. And other than weeks of walking in circles around potted plants, I’ve really enjoyed season 3

• Francine says:

I understand you obviously don’t like anyone that doesn’t agree with you, but don’t put words into people’s mouths. Mark never said “a significant portion of the viewership”. He said the show would lose a part of the fan base- no mention of how big or small that part might be. In fact, you are the one trying to speak for the majority here, with statements like “most viewers aren’t part of the online fandom and do support Hook”. If they are not part of the online fandom, how on earth do you know the majority like and support Hook? Look, some people like him, some people don’t. Why this always has to turn into a ridiculous argument is something I will never understand.

• zumpie says:

Other research sources (non-online polls, focus groups, ABC information, etc). Seriously, the bulk of viewership has nothing to do with online fandom, we’re a tiny minority

• Kyle says:

It wasn’t as soapy as it is now initially, though. I enjoy a few relationships on the show, but overall it’s turned too much into one of this rather generic shows pandering to ‘shipper’ fanbases and making everyone related to everyone is also a soap opera classic too. I’m not giving up on it yet, but I definitely think it has moved away noticably from it’s season tone.

• Marie says:

Oh come on this show has always had a soapy feel to it. With all the weird family connections, that’s a classic theme in daytime soaps. Oh and considering the ratings stayed pretty steady for season 3 I doubt the creators care about a few people throwing a tantrum over not liking Hook and Emma. Seriously people need to accept that there may be aspects of the show they dislike. Television shows can’t please everyone. It’s time for people to act like grown ups and suck it up.

23. kath says:

I waited three seasons for Emma to finally have a good relationship. I’m going to resent Regina like crazy (again) if she messes this one up.

Do you have any scoop on Arrow?
    Specifically, did Oliver know when he took Felicity to Queen Manor that he was going to use her as bait, and why didn’t he ask her earlier if it was okay.

• Shunda1177 says:

Absolutely LOVED that scene!!! I think he did tell her and she was in on it. I just don’t think she knew he was going to say what he did and it threw her off. Especially because of the WAY he said it.

• Jamie says:

How sad that you’ll have to keep waiting for an actually “good relationship” for Emma, then. But please do try to remember that her relationship with Regina is crucially important to the show. It’s not just about CS. This show isn’t just a CS crap-zone, thank God. Thankfully, the actually family relationships (Snow/Emma, Emma/David, Snow/Regina, Henry/Regina, Henry/Emma and Regina/Emma) matter more and always will.

24. jcraines719 says:

I forgot about Sully (re: Castle). I’m sure most other fans forgot/don’t care about him.

25. April says:

You guys are awesome in knowing so much about shows. Can you tell me when Haven is due back? Sure is a long time in between

26. Maryann says:

I absolutely cannot stand Papa Pope on Scandal. It is a combination of the writers and Joe Morton totally overacting to the point of ridiculousness. It is almost enough to make me stop watching the show.

27. mclarty77014 says:

What happened to “SAFE” it use to come on sunday evenings at 7 pm/6pm central on channel 39

28. Velma says:

It does not make any sense that NBC is cutting Revolution from the next season. NBC must want their ratings to go down. Revolution is much better to watch show then the Kardashians

29. Mish says:

We should ask Kate about how much they don’t go back and rehash old things on Teem Wolf.

30. Penny says:

Ditto for Beauty and the Beast. Thank you for the spoiler, and I, too, can’t wait. And yes, you are very much appreciated! Please keep us updated on my favorite show.

31. You can definitely see your enthusiasm within the article you write.
    The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how
    they believe. Always follow your heart.

32. Adrienne says:

Will NCIS bring back Diane Neal as CGIS agent Abigail Borin.
    I always enjoy her appearances. She fits well with the team.

33. Waiting for new fall season of shows .

34. Maureen says:

Just watched season 3. I think that the writers know that we have waited a season and a half to,have Emma and Hook finally get together. Adam and Eddie always talk about this show being about happyendings so, while it is okay to have some challenges I would hope they would realize that there are a lot of Emma/ Hook shippers and there would,be a large part of the fandom pretty frustrated at having to wait for too much longer for them to be in a committed, loving relationship. They really do belong together and I can honestly say that Hook is Emma’s epic love, IMO. Hook has proven himself over and over and Emma finally realized how much and that she does care for Hook, so hopefully it is not going to be too long and too many challenges before Emma can finally admit how much she loves Hook! That really won’t sit well with the fans for too many episodes into season 4. I just read an interview that said the first part of S4 will be about. To giving up on those you love, hopefully we are not waiting 11 episodes if challenges for Hook and Emma!

• Maureen says:

Sorry typo- meant first half of season 4 will be about not giving up on the ones you love. I personally don’t want to wait another 1/2 season to,have smooth sailing for,Hook and Emma” I think we have waited ling enough!