TVLine Items: New Covert Spy, Hell on Wheels' Return, Strain Promo & More

Covert Affairs Max Martini

Max Martini (Crisis, The Unit) is getting in the spy game.

The actor will guest-star on Season 5 of Coverts Affairs as a former CIA operative, USA Network has announced.

RELATED | Spoilers on Once, NCIS, Defiance, Falling Skies, Rizzoli, 24, Covert, Graceland and More!

Martini’s Nathan Mueller resurfaces after mysteriously going off the grid and comes face-to-face with Annie, who is unsettled to discover they share similar inner demons.

Covert Affairs returns Tuesday, June 24 at 10/9c.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

*AMC’s Hell on Wheels will return for Season 4 on Saturday, August 2 at 9 pm. The expanded run of 13 episodes will air in two parts, with the first 10 hours running consecutively through Oct. 4. After a brief hiatus (for FearFest programming), the final three episodes will unspool beginning Nov. 8.

* DreamWorks Dragons, the animated Cartoon Network program based on the film How to Train Your Dragon, is moving to Netflix beginning in Spring 2015, our sister site Deadline reports.

* Showtime will air the documentary L Word Mississippi: Hate the Sin, about a group of Southern lesbians, on Aug. 8 at 9 pm.

RELATED | FX’s The Strain Retains the Novels’ Biologically ‘Compelling,’ Non-Sparkly Vampires

* FX has unveiled the first trailer for its spooky new vampire drama The Strain. The series, premiering July 13 at 10 pm, is based on the best-selling vampire novel trilogy written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.

1. Tran says:

The Strain really scares me.

2. SVUnCI says:

IDK how FX classifies that MONSTER as a Vampire, when it looked like Alien without all the goo and the pointy head. July 13th where are you? Hurry up!!!

• Joey says:

Funny thing is, my mom said the same thing when I showed her the trailer. However, these are based on the vampires of del Toro’s The Strain book, so they’re much different from the other vampires we’ve come to know (and love? or is it despise? :P).

3. c-mo says:

I love the roles Martini gets, he’s such a great baddie (!) but I don’t think that even he can get me to watch Covert Affairs anymore, I just don’t think I have it in me. I know most everyone was totally shipping Annie and Auggie but it always seemed like I was watching siblings make out and I just couldn’t watch.

4. B says:

AMC could have made it easier on viewers by simply starting Hell on Wheels three weeks earlier on July 12. It’s not like there’s a lot of competition on Saturday nights. I’m glad for the expanded season, but they’d better promote it heavily so that viewers realize there’s more this year after the usual 10 episodes. Another less than wise scheduling decision by AMC (Mad Men reference).

5. It’s very straightforward to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this piece of writing at this web site.

6. Priscillia says:

I ship 100% Annie & Auggie and I have never them seen as brother and sister

7. Pat says:

I liked Max Martini in the Unit. I am looking forward to seeing him on Covert Affairs and this should be an interesting season coming up.

8. Shirley says:

Max Martini is an amazing actor. Loved him in The Unit as the good guy and in Castle as a really bad guy. Looking forward to seeing him in Covert Affairs.

9. Diz says:

I’ll give Strain a try, but how many different vampire shows/films does 1 need.

10. Joey says:

Super excited for The Strain.

11. Max Martini in Covert Affairs? I remember him when he was in Castle as Hal Lockwood.

12. CBWBDK1 says:

Max Martini is such a badass> I still miss the Unit! It was truly fantastic!!