Exclusive: Sleepy Hollow Taps One Tree Hill Actor to Aid Ichabod & Abbie

matt_barr

Team WTF now has a new member.

Fox’s Sleepy Hollow has cast Matt Barr as Nick Hawley, a “ruggedly handsome” bounty hunter who’ll assist Ichabod and Abbie on a supernatural case in Season 2, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATEDSleepy Hollow Season 2: Make It or Break It Actor to Return as Headed Horseman

The adventurous Mr. Hawley is described as having a sense of humor and a bit of swagger, but he’s also a loner whose education is masked by a rough-and-tumble demeanor.

Given that the part is recurring, we’re likely to see Barr often during the season. And given that Nick is an easy-on-the-eyes badass, we’re likely to hope that he and Abbie hit it off — even if just to complicate her partnership with Crane.

RELATED | TVLine Items: Bigger Sleepy Hollow in Season 2 and More

Barr played Dan Patch on The CW’s Hellcats. He’s also had roles on One Tree HillHatfields & McCoysFriday Night LightsThe Big Bang Theory and Harper’s Island.

In related news, the spooky drama also has cast Sakina Jaffrey (House of Cards) in the recurring role of Leena Reyes, who’ll assume the duties of the absent (read: incarcerated) Sheriff Irving. E! Online reports. Reyes is a former border-patrol officer who’s authoritative and forceful but also has a maternal side.

1. Deion says:

Didn’t watch Hellcats or OTH, but his death scene on Harper’s Island served as one of the most powerful. I will always remember it.

2. Essie says:

Awesome, he’s a great actor!!

3. Tjj50 says:

I’m ok with complications. While I love Tom and Nicole’s chemistry, I’m not 100% sold Ichabbie should be the end game. I love the way their friendship is developing and I definitely want them to continue on that path. Sometimes your soulmate is your bestie and not your partner. Ichabod still loves Katrina, so I think it would be good for Abbie to have someone too.

• Lisa London says:

Agreed!

• Katherine215 says:

I also agree! I’ve been really torn about Abbie and Ichabod, especially since Ichabod is obviously devoted to his wife. And I’m not sure I’d like A&I if they broke up Ichabod’s marriage to be together. I’m always open to more eye candy on my tv, so this works well. I’m hoping Irving is not going to spend too much time in jail though. I liked his chemistry with Jenny.

• Angela says:

I can agree with this. Like Katherine says, I don’t want them to break up Crane’s marriage in an attempt to get Ichabod and Abbie together, if they ever do. Either way, it’d be fun to see Abbie finding someone new to befriend and perhaps get closer to.

Plus, any help Ichabod and Abbie can get in their quest is always welcome, too. So I look forward to seeing this unfold!

• JennieErin says:

I am 100% Team Ichabbie (but only at the end of the series). This guy could maybe possibly, perhaps make me divert my attention from that focus though. A little. Maybe But I also need them to write Katrina better and I need the actress to learn how to act. Until then I am keeping my fingers crossed that Katrina is a goner. Sorry but I don’t buy their relationship or see any chemistry whatsoever. Oh and everything is Katrina’s fault. Sorry, didn’t mean for this to turn into an anti-Katrina rant. Looking forward to seeing what they do with all the storylines.

4. Pat says:

I am happy that they will have another team member, on board. They are going to need all the help that they can get, so thumbs up, to casting Matt Barr. I appreciate these little tidbits that you are giving us on Sleepy Hollow and I hope you are going to keep giving them all summer long.

• Cookiekirk says:

Pat I’m with u,I am so glad that Abbie will have someone that she has an outlet to be loved. And her and Icabald are gonna need some help. The dark forces are armed to the teeth to win. Besides Matt Barr is super easy on the eyes.

5. Hello, this weekend is nicee for me, as this occasion i am reading this enormous educational
    paragraph here att my house.

6. Awesome site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any discussion boards that
    cover the same topics talked about here? I’d really like to be a part of
    online community where I can get feedback from other knowledgeable people that share the
    same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let
    me know. Thanks!

7. My brother recommended I would possibly like this website.

He was once totally right. This submit truly made my day.
    You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this
    info! Thank you!

8. It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly dknate to this
    brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to
    my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this
    website with mmy Facebook group. Talk soon!

9. Katie_Mead says:

Nick is an easy-on-the-eyes badass – Well, while Matt Barr’s bland blond looks do nothing in particular for me, I just have to point out that he’s very easy on the ear, too. He has one of those voices that just tickles your spine via the ear canal.

10. ivy says:

yeah
    loved in on Harper’s island
    and as the mental one on OTH
    he will be a good addition

11. “assist Ichabod and Abbie” Well, I guess now we have to take it for granted that Abbie gets out of purgatory, heh.

12. herman1959 says:

The new guy is cute. I always like Sakina but think it odd that she continues to be cast as Hispanic (her parents are from India). Sorry I have to keep it short – my eyes hurt!

13. Susan Stone says:

Ok, he’s quite cute. Bit I want NO ONE to distract me from Crane. (He won’t). I am a 62 year old grandma with a COUGAR crush, much to my 12 yr. Old granddaughter’s embarrassment. I’m also one of MANY who want Crane and Abbie to be together!

14. Kayla says:

Psycho Derek :S

15. i’ve missed this man on my tv. mmm.

16. shiatsu says:

My brother suggested I may like this blog. He was once entirely
    right. This publish actually made my day. You cann’t imagine
    simply how so much time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

17. Chelsea says:

Can’t wait to see season two.