TVLine Items: Girl Meets World Casts Cory's Bro, Bitten Sinks Its Teeth Into Season 2 and More

Girl Meets World Uriah SheltonGirl, meet your uncle.

Disney Channel’s upcoming Boy Meets World sequel Girl Meets World has tapped Uriah Shelton (The Glades) to guest-star as Cory’s teenage brother Joshua, E! Online reports.

RELATED | We’ve Met Girl Meets World! Two Takes on the Disney Channel Series’ Premiere

Shelton will appear in a holiday episode alongside BMW original cast members Betsey Randle, William Russ and Rider Strong as Cory’s parents and best friend Shawn, respectively.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Canadian broadcaster Space has renewed Bitten, starring Laura Vandervoort (Smallville), for Season 2, TVGuide Canada reports. No word yet on Syfy’s Stateside plans for the werewolf drama. The renewal does, however, seem to preclude Vandervoort from becoming Once Upon a Time‘s Elsa, as many readers had hoped.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

* Mo’Nique (Precious) and Khandi Alexander (Scandal) have joined the HBO film Bessie, which is about iconic blues singer Bessie Smith (played by Queen Latifah, Chicago), our sister site Deadline reports. Mo’Nique will portray Ma Rainey, one of the first professional blues singers, while Alexander co-stars as Bessie’s older sister, Viola.

* The ubiquitous Željko Ivanek (Suits, Damages and a million other series) has been upped to series regular on CBS’ upcoming drama Madam Secretary, reports Deadline.  The actor plays the president’s intimidating and opinionated chief of staff Russell Jackson.

* TBS has expanded Season 2 of its hidden camera competition series Deal With It, adding 10 episodes. The show, which currently airs Wednesdays at 10:30/9:30c, will return this fall.

* Season 4 of Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee will debut on Crackle and ComediansInCarsGettingCoffee.com on June 19. The new installments will feature guests Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation), Robert Klein (Law & Order: SVU), Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City), Daily Show host Jon Stewart and comedian George Wallace.

* WE tv has ordered eight episodes of the original scripted drama South of Hell, which follows a female demon hunter whose “power stems from within.” Horror maestro Eli Roth (Hemlock Grove) will direct the first episode, which is set to bow in 2015.

1. JC1 says:

The renewal does, however, seem to preclude Vandervoort from becoming Once Upon a Time‘s Elsa, as many readers had hoped.
    Too bad. She was my first choice for that part (not that I really thought it was likely).

2. nate says:

after that season finale i cant wait till Bitten comes back!

3. Katie_Mead says:

Elsa would only be for a recurring role (there’s just no room for any more OUaT regulars!), and Bitten only has 10 episodes in Season 2, so I don’t see too much of a problem there.
    Laura Vandervoort could always ask Daniel Gillies how he manages to squeeze in 22 episodes of The Originals between two 18-episode seasons of Saving Hope. Come to think of it … I’d love to know how he does that, too!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

BITTEN and ONCE begin production at exactly the same time. And Mader/TWW was “just” recurring, but could you imagine her flying back and forth 2,000 miles with the screen time she had?

• Katie_Mead says:

Thanks for the info :) – Not just about the production times, but the Canadian renewal, too!
        I assumed that Bitten would start shooting a few months after OUaT, since it begins airing a few months later.

4. jencanread says:

WHERE IS WILL FRIEDLE?! I need him on my TV.

• This! But from what I’ve read over the years he’s developed agoraphobia and doesn’t go out in public much/do many events, so that’s I’d assume the reason he’s not included.

• Madison says:

That stinks, poor guy. Eric aka Plays With Squirrels was and still is my favorite. Maybe he’ll find the courage for this particular project someday soon, fingers xx!

• jalahyacinth says:

If you really need your Will Friedle fix watch ‘Love Surreal’ on Netflix. Cheesy,lame title (I prefer the original title ‘Everything You Want’), but he has a hilarious role in it.

• KiP says:

My thoughts exactly! Eric is my favorite Matthews! Could he just web cam in for an episode?

5. Bitten was okay, but it was a chore to watch.

• Katie_Mead says:

I think it’s more for people with a strong feminine side; the book series is marketed as “paranormal chicklit”. It could be worse – it could be “paranormal chicklit for young adults”.

• Apples says:

I watched two eps. It was awful. VDV was OK, but the rest of the cast- all the glowering male werewolved- stank out the series.

6. Diz says:

I thought Bitten had already been renewed. Great show nonetheless. I’ll be glad when Girl Meets World starts so we can hopefully hear less about it.

7. Bryce says:

I’m surprised Zeljko wasn’t already a regular. He was prominent in the promo (for good reason) and it seemed like a large part of the pilot’s (and series’) plot would revolve around the main character butting heads and eventually learning from him.

8. Joey says:

“The ubiquitous Željko Ivanek (Suits, Damages and a million other series)”

Seriously sometimes I wonder if there’s a TV show out there that he hasn’t appeared in.

9. Zeph says:

Am I the only one who thinks “South of Hell” sounds like a Buffy retread?

10. Kelly says:

What about Eric?

11. Joey Padron says:

Glad they found an actor to play Cory’s little brother. Hope they mention what Eric’s been up on Thanksgiving episode since Will won’t be in that episode.

12. Rebel says:

Being Human cancelled and Bitten, arguably the worst show on the network or on any network, gets a second season? I tried, I really really did. I kept thinking at some point it would get better, thought ok…theyre setting up backstory, its gotta get better. It didnt. The acting is atrocious but not nearly as bad as the writing. The explanation for why she was turned as an example. Say whaaa? This show is such a wasted opportunity.

13. gail garside says:

so no eric or his sister hmm

14. Kelly says:

I think they should bring back Eric and Morgan his brother and sister for the thanksgiving episode it would be alot more more nicer to see the whole family. On Gir Meets World

15. Shelly says:

I don’t want some young brother for Cory!!! I want ERIC!!!