TVLine Items: New Rookie Blue Premiere Date, Gotham Promotes 3, Smash Reunion and More

rookie-blue-dwABC is moving up Rookie Blue’s Season 5 premiere.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Creators Talk Regina’s Blast from the Past, Confirm Season 4′s Frozen Twist

ABC has bumped up the premiere to June 19 at 9/8c, TVLine has confirmed.

The show was previously scheduled to return July 17 at 10 pm.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Not only will a new episode of The Blacklist air after the Super Bowl on Feb. 1, but NBC on Monday confirmed that the episode will be a two-parter. The second part will air Feb. 5 when the drama makes its permanent move to Thursdays.

* Jane Krakowski (30 Rock) has joined the cast of the NBC comedy Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in a recurring role, our sister site Deadline is reporting. Krakowski will play a wealthy Upper West Side woman who hires Kimmy (Ellie Kemper) as a nanny.

* Fox’s Gotham is promoting three key players in advance of its first season, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Cory Michael Smith (Edward Nygma/The Riddler), Victoria Cartagena (detective Renee Montoya) and Andrew Stewart-Jones (detective Crispus Allen) have all been made series regulars.

* Former Smash co-stars Christian Borle and Megan Hilty will reunite in Lucky Duck, an animated movie premiering June 20 on Disney Junior. Borle will voice the titular character, who also happens to be a rubber ducky, while Hilty will voice an “extroverted” hippo toy named Flo.

* TBS has cancelled Men at Work. The comedy’s final episodes aired March 12.

With reporting by Vlada Gelman

1. jujube says:

In Canada, Rookie Blue starts on May 19th on CTV at 10 eastern time. Is that why ABC bumped it’s premiere and double-sized it?

2. Lucky says:

The Rookie Blue news is welcome. Love that show, I always look forward to it in the summers.

• Carrie says:

i do too. I like it earlier in the summer rather than later. I am excited that Ion or whatever it is has gotten the syndication rights and i can rewatch the old ones.

3. Tran says:

Can’t wait for a Blacklist two-part arc beginning with a post Super Bowl episode on February 1st and making its big move to Thursday on the 5th. As for Rookie Blue, I wanted to see more of that smokin’ hot Missy P.

4. MJ says:

I can’t be the only Men At Work fan. It should have been a title article. I almost didn’t see it…I loved that show. It was so funny.

5. Drew says:

Two more big names for Gotham. Renee becomes The Question and Crispus becomes the Spectre… I highly doubt that we will see Spectre on Gotham.

• LK says:

Getting worried by all the Gotham casting announcements… Renee should be younger than Bruce in continuity.. as should Selena really..

• Drew says:

True, but reinvention is the name of the game when adapting comics to TV. Arrow isn’t entirely in line with the comics, but it works.

6. marcinho says:

Hopefully they make Jane Krakowski a regular

7. alistaircrane says:

I love Renee Montoya! It’s such a shame she isn’t currently appearing in any of DC’s comics. But I am extremely glad she will be a regular on Gotham. More people will watch Gotham than who read the comics, so Renee’s familiarity will certainly increase. I am also excited for Crispus Allen, although I prefer the Montoya/Bullock dynamic to Montoya/Allen.

8. M3rc Nate says:

I love Missy Peregrym…and LOVE that she is dating Zachary Levi….but Rookie Blue i just cant get excited for…the love triangle/square stuff…the every person sleeping with everyone..the bad police representation on TV….eh…every time i see it, it makes me miss Flashpoint all the more.

9. What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily, this site
    is in fact good and the visitors are actually sharing nice thoughts.

10. kerisia says:

Do the editors ever proofread their articles?

“Not only will a new episode of The Blacklist air after the Super Bowl on Feb. 1, but NBC on Monday confirmed that the episode will be a two-parter. The second part will air Feb. 5 when the drama makes its permanent move to Thursdays.”

Uh, Feb was back a few months … LOLS

11. Crispus and Montaya, very cool.

12. Joey Padron says:

Can’t wait for The Blacklist’s two part episode for next season. Glad Jane will be on Tina Fey’s new show she produced. Sad Men At Work got cancelled, it was a good and funny show.

13. Joey says:

Love that Gotham is including Montoya, as she’s always been a great character. Plus it’s nice to see them including not only a popular woman of color, but a queer character as well, no less.

14. Sara says:

This is..old news. Haha. Wow. ABC bumped the premiere date quite a while ago from July 17th… it was announced ABC bumped it to June 19th and then shortly after, Global announced they were going to premiere it one month ahead of ABC (May 19th).

15. Debbie says:

I miss Luke and McNalley on Rookie Blue Some people disagree with this, but I thought they made a good couple and were loving and funny. He made mistake but that was something that could have been worked out, but instead of working on her engagement she just dropped him and went right into relationship with Sam. I didn’t like the way that was handled. Thought first and second seasons were the best. They just have her sleeping with everyone in the precident. Instead of trying to make relationships work they just immediately move on to new ones. Writers need to consider what fans think.

16. Kay says:

Why is it taking such a long time for this show to air? I like the show but one can easily loose interest because of the long wait, hurry hurry.