Revolution Boss Promises 'Life-Changing' Miles Episode, Chilling Answer to Season-Long Mystery

Revolution Season 2 Miles Shed MysteryFans of Revolution‘s Billy Burke and/or the character of badass Miles Matheson can rest assured that Season 2’s final salvo of episodes will satisfy — on a variety of fronts.

Responding to some TVLine readers’ concerns that less focus has been placed on Miles in recent episodes, executive Producer Rockne S. O’Bannon countered with this declaration: “We return this Wednesday with what we’re calling our ‘Big Four’ — the final four-hour event climax of Season 2. The first episode is aptly titled ‘$#!& Happens,’ and it’s a huge Miles episode — a life-changing episode which will impact his character forever.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

According to the official logline for the episode, Miles, Monroe (played by David Lyons), Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Connor (Mat Vairo) are scrambling to escape Austin when a confrontation with Texas Rangers separates Miles from the group. Subsequently, Miles gets wounded and faces increasingly hopeless circumstances.

RELATED | Revolution‘s Tracy Spiridakos Talks Charlie and Monroe ‘Weirdness,’ Evolving Future With Connor

In discussing the big Miles episode, O’Bannon also offered these tantalizing words to the many (including Maureen, JJ) who have emailed TVLine throughout the season asking about a certain loose thread: “Warning — the answer to what Miles faced in that mysterious shed at the beginning of the season figures chillingly.”

1. Steven says:

I honestly forgot about that shed until I read this.

2. Patrick Maloney says:

Cant wait

3. Tina says:

Sweet! Finally this show is back! Finally we find out WHAT’S IN THE BOX! And finally this show gets/does promotion! Happy Revolution Wensday :)

4. Grad says:

PLEASE renew this show, i need extra bad now that Almost Human got cancelled.

5. Tran says:

Fingers crossed for Season Three if NBC plans to move Revolution to another night perhaps on Tuesdays.

6. Ally Oop says:

I hope he finds out he’s Charlie’s father.

7. The Ghost of Ben Matheson says:

He’s not Charlie’s father….earlier this season when Miles and Rachel were at the drive in, she specifically said to him, 20 years of foreplay is long enough…

• Ally Oop says:

She could have been making an estimate–I don’t think that line confirmed anything. This year she also said Charlie was 22 . Rachel was with Miles as a teenager but then got with Ben. Then it was alluded to that she was fooling around with Miles while she was with Ben so it’s certainly possible Charlie is his kid. And Rachel would be the type to get a paternity test done without anyone else knowing–I don’t think she would have just let herself wonder about it for years–she’s the type that needs to find out answers. So I, and many others, still think Miles is Charlie’s father. I hope that the writers at least tell us for sure this season just in case the show doesn’t come back.

• David says:

@ The Ghost of Ben Matheson (Great name by the way)

The problem is the inconsistencies throughout this show e.g. . I think that Miles being Charlie’s father is a real possibility and the writers/producers don’t see anything remotely wrong how Rachel could have kept such a secret (or the inconsistencies with her character in general–but that’s another topic altogether). The other possibility is that the Nano’s start bringing people back to life such as Ben. That would have an impact on him and I am suspicious that it could happen down the line.

• Katherine215 says:

I don’t think it would be inconsistent with Rachel’s character to have kept Miles being Charlie’s father a secret. Their relationship ended badly – she begged him to be with her and he rebuffed her, so she probably was bitter/angry at the time. She also probably considered Ben better father material. And she tends to be secretive and make interesting, for lack of a better term, decisions. Plus, she likely didn’t see much of Miles after they broke up, then he was helping hold her prisoner so I don’t think she’d have told him then.
        This is not to say I or even the producers think it’s ok if she did this. But Rachel is kind of the queen of bad decisions. And I think these paternity lies happen more than we realize in real life.

• Joyce Soileau says:

Please don’t cancel its to good.

8. Pheobe says:

I can’t wait! Miles is one of my favorite characters on the show. I must say I am glad we are finally going to know what happened in that shed.

9. Ameera says:

It was in the very beginning when u saw him come out of a shed with blood on him and then he set it on fire, I guess to get rid of the evidence. We never knew what happened in there but I had just assumed he had killed some poor shmuck in there(a patriot or something)so I honestly never gave it much thought until now

10. dman6015 says:

The return of Ben!

11. Christy says:

I absolutely love this show and hope/pray/beg for a Season 3!! I know it’s a long shot, but I sure hope its a chance NBC is willing to take. **crossing fingers**

12. Marty says:

One of my favorite TV shows. Please don’t take it off. Try Another night. It is hard to see some of the night scene because of the lighting, but I do like this show. But not the bug lites.

13. David says:

Canceled I am so bummed by far the best show blew walking dead out the water and I like the dead but so sad to hear this b s I wanted Monroe to get his republic back so bad I love the twist and turns sorry for the screw job nbc put on us

14. David says:

Bring it back for season 3 bring it back bring it back I swear I’ll never watch nbc again this was the only reason I watched it once a week easy for the ratings to fall when input 4 weeks between episodes bs I quit

15. Sharon says:

Revolution is the only show I watch on NBC, so if you don’t bring it back, I will bypass this network from now on-yes, that means permanently. What is the point of getting involved with characters on an excellent show on NBC, anyway. They will just cancel it.

16. judith velilla says:

Please “DO NOT” cancel “REVOLUTION” I look very forward to each and every week to watch! Do whatever it takes,but please continue.

17. Pamela Klimek says:

LOVED this show! So disappointed by the decision. Bring it back from the dead. Ask the Nano, they can help.

18. rob says:

The only reason I watch nbc now that they cancel it don’t watch nbc no more

19. What is wrong with continuing the series? NBC is the most fickle network we have. duh!

20. lookielou says:

There’s going to be a revolution if NBC cancels this show! Love it…please move it to 9:00 or some other evening! DON’T CANCEL A GOOD SHOW. I’m tired of all the triteness of the typical cops and robbers programs and talent shows. I’ll stick with Blacklist, Sons of Anarchy or Viking…why? Not because they are a little gory at times, but because they are DIFFERENT!

What’s the matter…NBC running out of ideas or think they can’t compete with other network series? Then get more creative and develop the characters! Stay out of the weird science fiction (like nanos) and stick with a more realistic version of what could happen in the future of this country…love the idea of no electricity and how they improvise.. the world didn’t have electricity when America was first discovered! Re-discover America! Use ships and other avenues to explore other interesting people, places, and situations…an endless story that continues to evolve.

The flashbacks are great…keep the main characters we love and love to hate human…continue to introduce and develop new ones. Add the difficulty of overcoming the elements…floods, earthquakes, hurricanes…the avenues are endless. I like seeing the good, the bad, the soft, the mysterious and complex characters. Give us time to really get to know and connect with them…like the Dallas characters used to do. Leave viewers wanting more…give us something to think/talk/debate about that will make a difference in life…uniting a nation, accepting or at least understanding diversity and uniqueness, threats vs. loyalty, socialism vs. a free world…or not, you’ve got the politics going…everyone trying to control or conquer one another ….Real life imitates art…or is it the other way around? Explore various points of views and interesting ways to get back on track! These people are supposed to be living in the dark ages again. WHY is there a revolution? Priorities….It should always be about something worth fighting for…and if it’s not, expose that too!

21. Joyce Goldstein says:

Just read Revolution is cancelled. This is a sad day for me. Who wants to start a Revolution over this! Yes, I think Charlie is Myles’s daughter.

22. TAM says:

best show on tv cant believe nbc is canceling it that sucks NBC SUCKS

23. don says:

I guess since this show is the only one I watch on NBC it figures they would do something stupid like canceling it. Personally I think they are doing it because for political reasons, they don’t want to piss off their king obama.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. cat fat says:

i also want this show to continue ive found it overall very entertaining and the nano technology thought provoking

25. teresa waryas says:

I can’t believe they canceled the show.It was a really good show!!

26. Miguelita Raton says:

you know, the shed where Miles was hiding out, being all wounded and stuff…Honestly, I have been with this show since the beginning, and, much though I hate to say it, it is time to take Ol’Yeller out behind said shed and shoot him, to put him out of his misery. Season one was simply awesome. And then, apparently, NBC thought we were too stupid to follow a storyline without making it completely ridiculous…So, they basically threw everything they had at us, hoping it would stupefy us into continued viewership. I only stuck with this woofer out of some demented sense of loyalty, and am greatly relieved to see it die a somewhat unnatural death. Btw- anyone except me think that Miles is going to turn out to be(had to actually look up the character’s name, here) Charlie’s dad?? And, while I am fiercely loyal to JJ Abrams, could he PLEASE find someone ELSE to play his female leads who has more than ONE facial expression???? I am about sick to death of Elizabeth Mitchell dragging down everything she is in.

27. Angela says:

Revolution is one of the few shows I watch and actually enjoy. Everything else is about zombies or horrible villains. Keep the show on, too many people are going to be disappointed….

28. ngs says:

Only show I watch on NBC and they cancel it. I guess there’s a reason I don’t like that network.

29. R Jeske says:

Typical….get us really interested in a GREAT show and then pull it because THEY move it or have gaps between shows, then blame US for low ratings, not the first time they have done it to shows that are well liked, what a load of **&%$$!!@@@s !!

PS I live in Scotland, and it is still on tv here, just found out it had been cancelled.

30. Suzanne says:

so sorry to see this program leave. I was really getting to enjoy the characters and wish you would not cancel the series. Please keep on or let another station pick it up

31. Sierraecho 2000 says:

Love Revolution and hoping for a season 3. Great cliff hanger that equals The Walking Dead season 4 finale. Please renew and relocate!