Exclusive

Exclusive: Big Bang Theory's Raj, Bones' Sweets Embroiled in Unorthodox Love Triangle

unnamedThe burgeoning romance between Raj and Emily on The Big Bang Theory is set to encounter a “pretty big bump” in the coming weeks, exec producer Steve Molaro shared with TVLine in our just-launched May Sweeps Scoopapalooza. But that may be nothing compared to the obstacle that awaits the couple come fall.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

You see, the actress at the center of Big Bang’s newest love story — Laura Spencer — was just cast on Fox’s Bones as a potentially long-term mate for Sweets (John Francis Daley).

May the best show win?

“We are aware [of her Bones role], and they are aware that we are using her, too,” concedes Molaro, who raves that Spencer is a “fantastic” addition to the cast, and one who will absolutely “be back next season… I’m sure it will be one of those things where we can work it out ,scheduling-wise, [with Bones] and it’ll all be OK.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Bones showrunner Stephen Nathan is equally enamored with the Lizzie Bennet Diaries actress, calling her “a great addition to our rotating interns.” And while Molaro insists he’s “not looking to cause any problems” for Bones, Nathan appears to be taking a more (playfully) aggressive stance. Shares the EP: “While we don’t want to fight them for her, they should remember we are very good at murder over here.”

Look for Spencer to make her Bones debut in Season 9′s penultimate episode on May 12. Her fourth Big Bang appearance, meanwhile, airs tonight (8/7c, CBS).

1. TVLine_SoSweets says:

I’d take Sweets over Raj any day.. .sorry Raj.

2. madhatter360 says:

So happy for Laura Spencer! Always great to see someone from Lizzie Bennet Diares.

3. toni says:

Loved her on the Lizzie Bennett diaries – happy to see her getting fought over!

4. shay says:

how about the vet for Raj? They had a great chemistry.

• MP says:

I agree. I’d like to see the vet back on the show.

• Lo says:

100% agree, Tania Raymonde and Raj had great chemistry AND she loves Cinnamon :)

• cindy says:

I never watched Lizzie Diaries, nor do we watch Bones, but I hope the shows can work it out. I hate to see a good actress having to choose between being on shows. Actresses (and actors) make lilttle enough as it is, unless they’re the major can’t-do-the-show-without them — and I think she ought to be able to be in both shows;

• cindy says:

That’s true. maybe the vet can come back later — If the actress chooses to leave Big Bang for Bones, but let the Raj-Emilie thing play itself out in a normal time continuum. Hopefully she doesn’t have to leave ight away.

5. mayiread says:

Is that Jane Bennet?

6. Billie says:

What is Bones “penultimate” episode??

7. Lola says:

Laura Spencer is awesome and any way you go about it, I’m excited to see her getting work.

8. J says:

Jezz. I am sick to death of the interns on Bones being used as pieces of meat for the other cast. First Daisy, Wendell, Arastoo, Finn and now the new intern….are the Boner writers that out of ideas that they can’t introduce anyone outside of the frakking workplace…it is beyond INCESTUOUS now…change the record! FFS

• J says:

* Bones writers. But Boner writing fits them too. Ugh

• RAGGEDT says:

Typo of the Week!! But perfect in context!! On a slightly serious note, I kinda wonder how come there’s not more sexual harassment cases in what is a FEDERAL workplace.

9. Anon says:

Raj anyday of the week. I detest Sweets. Pelant should of killed him off. ugh

10. catherine says:

Please Raj, take her, treat her well, Sweets dumped his last girl friend on the street infront of the apt they were to move into.

11. catherine says:

Hey, SN, instead of another intern for the pleasure of the FBI/Lab staff, make Sweets gay, that would be an interesting dynamic to see with the group. Just saying….

12. As long as she offers people tea at some point, I’m fine with it.

13. Sunnykimmy says:

So proud of Laura Spencer. Big mang is one of the best, most watched shows on TV right now. So is Bones, I think. So this, all of it, is a big deal. Dreams come true man. her career is really picking up.

14. Scotty says:

What happened to Tania Raymonde?!

15. Randi says:

I was hoping to see her on Sleepy Hollow again, reunited with her “lost in Austen” co-star Tom Mison. He will need to buy more clothes once he escapes being buried alive!

16. Rich Abey says:

She is a much more interesting & brighter character on the BBT than Lucy (or most other recent recurring characters except for perhaps Kripke & Doctor Proton). Big fans of both shows so the more the merrier for me!

17. Aaron Tutt says:

I’m so glad that Laura Spencer is in such demand! She was fantastic on Lizzie Bennet and it’s nice to see the great work she did there paying such dividends.

18. Cassandra says:

Woo!! Loved her since Lizzie Bennet Diaries! You go girl! Rock that inner Lydia in you! It’s definitely a Bennet thing ;)

19. Mike D says:

Laura Spencer is adorable. She should be on every TV show ever.

20. Seuss says:

I’m all about any excuse to rave about wonderful web series that is the Lizzie Bennet Diaries. Glad to see Laura (Jane) doing well. Now to get Daniel and Ashley on a new show playing opposite each other would not be a dumb idea either.

21. Aww, I don’t watch either of these shows anymore. But I’m so glad Laura Spencer is getting work (and lots of it!) She’s always delightful in everything she does. Even that weird Sprint commercial with the zombie.

22. Ugh…Steve Molaro is killing the BBT for me. He took over from Bill Prady in season 6 and now all we get is Penny is afraid to say “I love you” and Sheldon can’t cry. He’s turned the show into Friends.

• dman6015 says:

It’s called life. Besides, Penny and Leonard got engaged last night, so she must love him, right?

23. BONES is moving again, fans are u in, lets do this, Thursday this fall I’ll be there.

24. Skittles&Bits says:

Raj can have her. Her character on Bones is obnoxious, even for a intern. She’s Daisy 2.0. What is it with Bones and unlikeable interns?? Do they get these guys wholesale somewhere??? And why must Sweets leave one Daisy only to immediately jump into bed with her doppelganger?!

• cg313 says:

That is true she seems like a more aggressive Daisy. When I watched the episode i thought Daisy 2.0. Why is it the women interns have to be annoying but the guys for the most part are ok?