Keep or Cut: The Shows You Most Want Saved!

TV Cancellations Renewals 2014The votes are in, and if TVLine readers have their way, the 2014-15 broadcast TV season will continue to be populated by Synthetics, S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and Bravermans.

One month ago, we invited you to cast your vote to KEEP or CUT (or render No Opinion) any of 28 network “bubble” shows that had yet to be renewed.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

The chart below shows which percent of those who expressed an opinion voted to KEEP a show. (At the time, a few midseason series were too new to throw into the mix; their polls have been added below.)

But first, a few other Fun Poll Facts:

* The polls receiving the largest total number of votes were, in order, Beauty and the Beast, Almost Human, The 100, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and About a Boy.

* The shows receiving the highest percentage of “I have no opinion/I don’t watch” votes (thus suggesting a general ennui) were Mind Games, Growing Up Fisher, The 100, Crisis and About a Boy. Conversely, the bubble programs eliciting the strongest opinions were S.H.I.E.L.D., The Mentalist, Almost Human, Beast and Revolution.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

Review the results below, then vote in our “midseason straggler” polls.

Renew Cancel Poll TV 2014

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, Polls, Renewals

1. Eric7740 says:

Come on PARENTHOOD and The Tomorrow People!!!

• Maybe they could do a series on late-term pregnancies and cal it THE PARENTHOOD TOMORROW PEOPLE

• Jim Whitson says:

You need to add Those Who Kill

• Guest says:

This is for NETWORK shows, NOT for Cable Networks and it’s being burned off anyway. Read the article first before you start writing about shows that’s NOT on a PRIMETIME NETWORK.

• Sara says:

I’ve been growing more and disillusioned with Parenthood. It began with such promise. Now, the characters seem to whine constantly. They all talk at the same time, with nobody really listening (mainly the tv viewer, who is turned off by all the endless noise). However, more than anything, this show, like almost all network dramas, is simply becoming trite. Nearly all must have the requisite interracial couple, at least one white couple who adopts a child of color (but never minority couples adopting a white child, which seems a bit racist), and either a gay or lesbian couple. Enter Haddie. I’m afraid it’s just becoming too predictable and, therefore, less interesting.

• nesa williams says:

please tell lifetime movie network to go back to playing movies nobody wants to watch that other stuff if i did i would watch the ID channel thanks

• Sean Thorton says:

One of the worst practices that a station does is start moving a program to different days and time slots. Loyal watchers get frustrated and stop watching.

• Beth says:

PARENTHOOD is an excellent show, its my go to 10:00pm on Thursday nights.

• Christo says:

Parenthood just got too weird. I can’t stand that couple’s autistic son. I don’t want to be annoyed at 10pm. I want to be involved in the programming. Too many negatives. The show took strange turns for the worst when the blonde got cancer and the oldest daughter was bouncing back and forth with 2 different men.

• Sara says:

Max is annoying, but even more annoying is the mother’s insistence that the entire world make accommodations. The photographer seems to mumble, but that may be a symptom of his condition. The cancer plot line seemed plausible, The other ones, not so much. I liked these people at first. Now, they’re just annoying, your very apt description. Too many people, too many story-lines. I feel like the writers are beating me over the head trying to make their many, many points, so I’ll be filling that time slot elsewhere.

• me says:

Hope you never have an Autistic relative….pity the child

2. Eric7740 says:

Oh and THE CRAZY ONES!!!

3. alistaircrane says:

COUGAR TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. MM9 says:

I’d like to see the fan reaction to Beauty and the Beast being cancelled. If only to see how much vitriol they can possibly cook up as a result.

• Brandy says:

Well, new reports from tvwise & Deadline says it has a shot a a 13 episodes season

• Pedro says:

It was pulled from the schedule to a summer burn-off of the remaining episodes… It has 0% chance of a 3rd season.

• Brandy says:

According to Deadline a sister site to this and one that has been very accurate in the past, the fact that BatB sold in over 200 international markets and has 44 episodes gives a shot at renewal.BatB also sold for three seasons overseas.

• Brandy says:

Also, the fact that it’s CBS owned /produced and CW likes to keep three CBS shows on its lineup gives BatB a chance.I agree it’s a very slim one but Czw likes to suprise:renewing Carrie Diaries last season,giving Nikita only 6 episodes when it need 22 for syndication,renewing HoD over Secret Circle .

• Bobby says:

Do you seriously think they would cancel a higher rated show just so they could keep a CBS show on the schedule?

• Pedro says:

The Carrie Diaries was renewed last year because The CW ended 2 vet shows (GG and 90210) and because Nikita only received a (very) shortened fourth season, leaving an empty slot for TCD. Since no one was expecting it to be only 6 episodes, most people predicted its cancelation. And having 44 episodes means nothing. If it had 66 like HOD, then a 4th season would be assured bc syndication. A BatB full renewal at this point would essensially be a 2 year renewal because of syndication (like Nikita last year and HOD will be this year), and The CW isn’t going to make that kind of commitment to a show pulling 0.2 on a Monday-Thursday schedule. TCD was pulling the same or higher on a Friday.
            The best site for renewal and cancelation predictions is tvbythenumbers. They’re right pretty much always.

• Ben says:

@Pedro – actually, in my experience TVLine gets a higher percentage than TVbythenumbers. That’s because TVLine tend to get inside words and know things, whereas tvbythenumbers simply looks at data and makes the best guess based on the data – meaning TVLine are sometimes wise to the outliers or renewals that aren’t expected.

• Pedro says:

@Ben I happen to really like working with numbers so tvbtn always has been my preferential site for renewal and cancelation predictions. Anyway, both websites predict BatB’s cancelation.

• Ben says:

I use both sites – but yes, I think BatB will be gone unless Michael Ausiello updates his predictions to say otherwise (I really can’t see why it would be renewed).

• Guest says:

Is that More delusional juice you been drinking, Brandy? 44 episodes mean absolutely nothing. IF it was doing well internationally then why is it NOT popular in the US, hmmm? CW is not gonna keep a show that constantly does 0.2s/0.3s/0.4s. YOU and the Beasties excuses keep climbing up as usual. How pathetic.

• JJ says:

Is TVWISE a good source for inside TV info? Anyone know?

• Guest says:

Well, tvwise and Deadline are BOTH incorrect. Tv By the Numbers tells it like it is. They have the show as “certain to be cancelled” so give it up! It’s NOT happening! IT should’ve never happened meaning it should’ve never been renewed in the first place!

• Alice says:

Cancellation Bear has it marked as bear chow. Along with the Carrie Diaries, Star Crossed, and the Tomorrow People..

• Abbie says:

To be fair, the cancellation Bear had Carrie Diaries marked for cancellation last year and see what happened. HOWEVER…the CW was in a much different situation last year and definitely a lot more desperate than they are now. So, while unexpected surprises can happen, I don’t see it happening here.

• Angela says:

Oh, dear. There would no doubt be a total meltdown.

• Guest says:

They shouldn’t going off on the CW because I don’t want to hear you “Beasties”(Really?) cry like little babies.

5. SK says:

C’mon, Intelligence, Almost Human and Hannibal!

6. LK says:

I dont think the poll is quite fair to The 100 since it either hadnt started or had just started when that poll was taken.

• LK says:

That should be “is not fair”

• Britt: Happy May Sweeps!!!! says:

That’s true. The 100 wasn’t on yet, so it should be polls today. The Tomorrow People has gotten really good. It started off really slowly, but it has picked up in the last few weeks. I also hate that The Carrie Diaries is going off. It has gotten so much better in its last season.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Polls have been open a full month.

• EJ386 says:

True but I would bet that most people voted when the post showed up on the home page and that was when the show hadn’t aired yet. So the bias is still likely.

• Ally Oop says:

I agree. Most people did vote in the first few days of the poll. In the last couple of weeks though, The 100 has become fairly popular on this and other sites and most people hadn’t watched it yet or made a clear decision on whether to keep or cut back when they voted.

• js says:

but not on the front page….

7. Deion says:

I need an Almost Human renewal. Come on Fox don’t fail us now!

• M3rc Nate says:

I agree! Everything else i could live with being cancelled, even Community has limped along for so long on the “might be cancelled” line that if it finally went i wouldnt “feel” anything in particular. But if Almost Human got cancelled? Consider me outraged :( What a fantastic show, no it doesnt have the depth/seriousness of Fringe that i LOVE (Fringe is one of my all time fav shows) but its still fantastically good.

The only thing i disagree with is The Mentalist. Before the Red John rap up i had been saying for a WHILE that it was getting very stale, that the Red John case was dragging out, that it felt insanely repetitive and was no fun. But then they switched everything up, and holy balls they successfully made the show fun again! Jane is lighter and more in charge which equals more fun…finally his boss (no longer Lisbon) gets to let him do w/e cause he solves cases (like 100+ by now making the CBI look incompetent). The new boss im enjoying how hes not a “STOP JANE, YOUR GOING TO FAR!” type, and the new woman FBI agent is fun and cool and i actually ship Jane and her more than Jane-Lisbon now. So i’d say of all times, The Mentalist is just getting good again, nay i say great.

B&TB im curious to see what happens….last season was a MISTAKE on all levels…trying to reset the show, removing the procedural element which in concept is great except it removes “Cat” from her being a career badass stand on her own two feet female Detective…and made he the running around ex-GF who is getting in the way or needs to be saved…and the “mind erase” of Vincent was another just huge mistake…its like in Season 2 they went to the drawing board, and wrote down every Young-Adult TV troupe and cliche plot/story/arc they could find…completely unoriginal. I dont like watching and just wanting to strangle Gabe every time hes on screen, and i still dont know exactly how i feel about the new “history” of Beasts instead of being just a straight up modern “Super Soldier” program.

8. Kristina says:

Disappointed to see Suburgatory so far down on that list.

• e says:

i’m currently all caught up on suburgatory and i hate to say it just hasn’t felt as good this season. i don’t think i would miss it if it wasn’t renewed :( love me some dallas and dalia, but the rest of the storylines feel all over the place and disjointed from past seasons.

9. Please please keep Resurrection. It’s a slow burn that is now paying off.

10. Holly says:

Agents Of SHIELD should NOT be on the bubble.

• aw says:

it got better!! it should be given a new season!

• Lizzie says:

Started to watch this and was so bored by it! How can you relay on a show that is relaying on a whole master plan of Marvel. I think this should would be so much better if it was separate from the movies because you can’t always have an audience that is willing to stick around when the story gets slow because there is a pending story line in some movie. Sorry just my two cents really not wanting to hate.

• Awesome shoe it has become the closer to the MCU it has become. It has a fun sense of urgency”.

• bc323 says:

It wasn’t great in the beginning, but it has really gotten much better. I’d be sad to see it go.

• KansasGuest says:

Now, AoS is actually developing Marvel’s plan instead of just relying on it. It’s showing what happens post-WINTER SOLDIER, which is important to AVENGERS 2. The last 5 episodes have been great stuff IMO.

• Ben says:

It isn’t on the bubble. ABC haven’t renewed anything yet, but when they do Agents is as safe as Grey’s, Once etc.

11. e says:

i’ve actually really been loving surviving jack! christopher meloni is hysterical

• Lore says:

Yes, i was afraid at first, but now, i cant stop watching!
      “What? im not a man? i dont have legs?”

• Nichole says:

Me too!! Do not think I’ve ever since Christopher Meloni in anything other the SUV, was worried about him being in a comedy but he is killing it as the Dad!! Really hope it makes it to a second season. There has been so much good late season shows added this year, always makes me worry though as they really don’t get a good chance to build momentum before the season is over, hopefully Surviving Jack does keep going :)

• Aimee says:

Meloni did a guest spot on Scrubs an he was HILARIOUS! I knew then he would be awesome in a comedy. I love Surviving Jack it never really had a chance. Airing late in the season is almost certain death for TV shows.

• Steve F. says:

C’mon, Surviving Jack and The Goldbergs! Two nights of nostalgia & laughs!

• jenna says:

same! Love seeing him in a comedic role, hopping surviving jack, trophy wife and cougar town all get another season

• Ally Oop says:

So have I! Its by far FOX’s best comedy. It’s my second favourite comedy overall after The Goldbergs. However, Surviving Jack is the funniest. If the show had launched I. The fall it would have done awesome. I think if FOX gives it a deserved chance by renewing it and giving it a fall launch it could build viewers.

• Pat Jennings says:

We need more comedy that’s actually funny and Surviving Jack is funny. Meloni’s terrific at whatever he does. When I think about him in OZ then in this, it breaks me up. If they can keep the one about the two waitresses that looks like it’s shot on cheap sets (even though Jennifer Coolidge is one of the funniest humans ever) – they should certainly give S. Jack a chance.

12. Magali says:

Keep The Crazy Ones and About a boy!!! Oh and Almost human also!

13. Jen says:

I am so concerned about Mentalist. I would love to see one more season.

• Huntyr says:

The obvious question raises its head… Why? This story is completely played out, and they’re following the villian of the week methodology on a show with no payoff.

• zaza says:

I’m with you, Jen. Just one more season! I feel like they don’t have enough time left on this season to finish out Jane’s story. He’s still in a holding pattern. I want to see him truly put the past behind him and move on, preferably with Lisbon.

• Sheila says:

I want more Mentalist, too! The show has a weight lifted. Now the focus is on clever Jane and his traps for the wicked. ..instead of the “red john albatross show” part 68,594.

• LA Hope says:

Yes, at least one more season! Jane and LIsbon somehow have to end up together, otherwise cancelling the show would be unlogical, just as it was with Cold Case.
      Also, I like the FBI guys and especially Fisher. She should work more often with Lisbon, they make a great team!

14. Aleana says:

I’ll keep Community Suburatory Parenthood Beauty and the Beast Nashville The Goldbergs Trophy Wife The Mentalist Growing Up Fisher About A Boy Hart Of Dixie Star-Crossed The Crazy Ones Revolution The Tomorrow People The 100 and The Neighbors These the Shows I Like To See Get A Another Season

15. Aleana says:

Oh also Agents Of Shield

16. Sam says:

Crazy Ones, Trophy Wife, Community, and Dads

17. gdv says:

I’m pulling for SHIELD and Enlisted the most. I’m a die-hard Community fan but I feel like it’s time for it to bow out. Almost Human is good—I like the actors and special effects, but it became too “serialized cop drama” for me after a few episodes and I lost interest.

18. James D says:

Almost Human
    TTP
    AOS
    Community
    Crazy Ones
    Keep them or suffer the consequences, I’m looking at you Fox :)

19. Sherri Dorbritz says:

The Tomorrow People and one that is not getting any love. . . Believe.

• Renee says:

I love both these shows as well

• Sheila says:

I want to like Believe. I watch and keep trying because I like the actors. However the last episode had a smoke “monster” out of a chimney. Ummm…….ok. Do better, show.
      I like the action parts, can deal with the “touched by a Bo” sappiness as long as they keep the firestarter-esque/ I can kill you with my mind stuff.

20. gumtuu says:

Seeing the main picture for the article, I have to admit that I kinda have crushes on all three of those people.

21. Pearl says:

I can live with the shows from Hart of Dixie to the top. Even if I dislike some of them. The bottom I could live without easily. I did like Carrie, but I’m a Dixie in Hart.

22. Kiley says:

Keep Mixology! It sounded like such a dud when I first saw previews, but it’s actually a really funny show! I like it more each week! It’s one of the few shows on that have me laughing hysterically!

23. LOL says:

We need “Six Seasons and a Movie.” Renew COMMUNITY.

24. Nashville!!! One of the few good scripted network shows that isn’t a police or medical procedural, or supernatural. Love the actors, love the music. I NEED this show to stay on the air, please and thank you.

25. Stephanie says:

I am really enjoying The Crazy Ones so I would love for CBS to give it a chance.

As for Hart Of Dixie it has hit its grove but The CW seems to have turned into a supernatural network.

It think my biggest gripe is not renewing a show… and waiting and waiting and not giving a show a chance to wrap it up. A show that has been on multiple seasons, developed a following then just ending it with no conclusion. That was my biggest problem with A&E and The Glades and why I won’t watch anything on that network again. It is a slap in the face of the audience.

26. Aimee says:

I’m 100% certain that SHIELD is coming back. Yes, the ratings are not great but they aren’t that bad compared to the rest of ABC. It has the 4th highest average rating on the network. Plus, it is basically an hour long advertisement for Marvel (which makes parent company Disney very happy) and it gets THE highest young MALE viewership of any ABC show. Trust me…the show is safe.

27. SanJoseGirl says:

T-H-E M-E-N-T-A-L-I-S-T needs to be kept!

28. Brandy says:

HoD,Carrie Diaries,BatB,StarCrossed,Nashville.

29. Candy says:

Keep Parenthood, Crisis and Nashville!!

30. aw says:

Star-Crossed! though it started weakly, it got SO GOOD! I’ve been buying it on itunes in hopes to promote its renewal.

31. Linda says:

Almost Human
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
    Parenthood (If they go the NO BABY FOR AMBER route)
    The Tomorrow People
    Revolution (If not, maybe Kripke can come back to Supernatural and fix the brothers and get rid of the angels for good)
    Enlisted
    Trophy Wife

32. tvfan says:

Parenthood, Hart of Dixie and Nashville!

33. KCC says:

Surviving Jack is hilarious. Christopher Meloni has excellent comic timing!

34. JulieAnn says:

Almost Human, please, please.

35. Pat says:

If only our voting could save these shows it would be great. Almost Human and Parenthood is what I want to see renewed so I hope that Fox and NBC would check out TV LINES POLL!!!!

36. KCC says:

Resurrection
    Almost Human
    Surviving Jack
    About a Boy
    Intelligence
    Crisis
    Agents of Shield (AOS)
    Parenthood

• john swingle says:

resurrection is the only one on this list that I watch. Some of the comments about it week ago that it insulted people who had lost loved ones was the most stupid comments I had ever heard.

37. Tina says:

Almost Human, AoS, Intelligence and The Crazy Ones….

38. Babybop says:

I don’t want Trophy Wife to get cancelled! I also hope NBC keeps About a Boy.

39. Yola says:

I just started watching Friends with Better Lives. It is hilarious and should most definitely be kept.

40. Daniel Armour says:

Nashville
    Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D
    The Tomorrow People
    Surburgatory

All the rest I either haven’t seen or watched once and never watched again.

41. Sasha says:

Enlisted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least give it a full season!

42. Dragonfly says:

Renew AoS and Almost Human PLEASE

43. Brandy says:

@Bobby, CBS part owns CW so possibly..Especially if CW dosent pick up any of the CBS pilots.Particually since BatB sold so well overseas and is making money for them in that way,possibly.I used to be 100% sure BatB and SC were dead but reccent reports say the opposite and from experience ,Deadlines accurate.Nikita had terrible ratings season two on but remained on air party due to strong international sales.As I said,CW suprises each year so ya never know.Well find out in a couple weeks.Plus,not like they’re new shows are doung great only one premired to 1.0 or higher,TO went from 1.0 or higher to 0.6-0.7,TTP has fallen from 0.9 to 0.3, below a million viewers,SC has been getting 0.3-0.4,Reign did deccent in fall and winter but crashed since late March to below 0.6,Carrie Diaries got 0.3s ,under a million viewers mainly.

• Guest says:

More excuses from Brandy and her annoying/delusional Beasties as usual. AT LEAST The Tomorrow People has NOT been doing a 0.2 OR LOWER in the ratings ever since it moved to Mondays. Reign should’ve never been renewed early and the ratings in Spring proves my point. IF the Tomorrow People gets renewed because like you said you never know, and I’ll be playing either Tyga’s “Do My Dance” or Outkast “The Way You Move” to dance to in my room. BATB will be heading to cancelation row and Beasties(really? THAT”S your fanbase name? unbelievable) better deal with it once it heads to the cancelation abyss! Just because it’s popular internationally it doesn’t mean it’s popular in the US. Sometimes it doesn’t work out in tvwise and Deadline’s favor, sweetie.

• Guest says:

You’re right about The CW being owned by both CBS and Warner Bros. my mistake BUT BATB is still going to the cancelation abyss.

44. R.O.B. says:

Hannibal YES
    Agents of SHIELD YES
    Community YES
    I keep trying to love you, Revolution, but… meh.

45. JM says:

Hannibal!!!!
    Almost Human
    Revolution
    Crisis
    The Crazy Ones

46. Noel says:

Keep Intelligence, Agents of Shield and Beauty and the Beast. Love those shows.

47. Alexandra S says:

Seriously guys, mail these results to the guys at Fox and let them know their fans want these shows!

48. Brandy says:

@Pedro, no Tvbythenumbers isn’t that accurate-they predicted Nikita would be cancelled in season two but it was renewed,kept saying last season how it would it get a full season for syndication but it didn’t get one,predicted CD would be cancelled and it was renewed.TvLine and Deadline were the only sites CD would be renewed and Nikita was getting a short season.Politics does a part in renewals.CD wasn’t renewd just cause they had an open spit, but cause as Pedowitz(CW prez) said it did really well online.BatB having 44 episodes does mean something as CWs never cancelled a show with 44 episodes and it’s closer to syndication than the other bubble shows except HoD.TVBztN predicted Neighbors would be cancelled I think last season yet was renewed and every year, it predicts GooD Wife will be cancelled but it’s renewed.Politica and other factors beside the ratings and syndication play into renewals.

• Pedro says:

Most of your conclusions come from the Bubble Watch, I listen to to the cancelation bear. Obviously numbers isn’t the only factor. I really like working with numbers so I guess that’s why I trust tvbtn more. (And anyway, both tvline and tvbtn are predicting its cancelion)
      As for having 44 episodes, The CW isn’t going to renew it over, let’s say, The 100 (~13 episodes by the end of the season) just because it’s closer to syndication when The 100 is doubling BatB’s ratings.
      The CW has renewed 5 dramas + HoD in 3rd season + ANTM (runs till mid of the Fall season + 3 new fall shows (as usual), so there’s likely only one spot left. In the BatB vs The 100 fight, The 100 has an edge. And TTP is pulling better numbers on BatB’s Fall timeslot so even if there was one extra spot, I don’t see BatB getting it. The fact that its final episodes are airing on summer as a burn-off should be enough info.

• Daniel says:

TVbythenumbers has around a 96% accuracy rate. Sure they made some mistakes but so has everybody else. How is that season 4 of Body of Prof coming along. Wasn’t Deadline so certain that was going to happen?