'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Scandal, Once, Orphan Black and Other Shows Are Faring

Maybe it’s something in the air or perhaps they’re just acting on good advice, but either way, a couple of people are taking major chances in the romance department, even planting some long-awaited kisses!

For a look back at these TV romances, check out this installment of ‘Ship Shape, a recurring feature in which TVLine provides you with the latest developments for TV’s hottest duos — and then offers our forecast for each pairing.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Don’t see your favorite love match represented here? Give ‘em a shout out below and maybe they’ll merit a mention the next go-around.

And with that said, this ‘ship is about to set sail, so click through the gallery below and hop aboard!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 'Ship Shape, Photo Gallery

1. Sarah says:

Felix and Alison on Orphan Black. Seriously.

2. Katherine215 says:

Finn and Clarke on The 100! Glad to finally see trouble in Wade and Vivian’s paradise. Wade and Zoey need to get back together ASAP, though I’m kind of struggling to see how that will happen since they have virtually no scenes together lately…

3. Sara says:

Thank you! I love all the updates – Regina/Robin and Julia/Joel are my favorites and I’m thrilled with the developments on both fronts. Excellent!

4. Alice says:

What I don’t get – isn’t Zoey a WIlkes? Why isn’t she invited to all these family gatherings? I admittedly checked out of some early episodes this season- did they explain this already?

• Melanie says:

If I’m not wrong, I believe it’s because when both Zoe and Wade went to their first Wilks family gathering, Wade lost Harley’s lizard, but Zoe covered for him. One of the Wilks aunt hates New Yorkers, and although she was ready to gave a chance to Zoe, the fact she thought Zoe had lost Harley’s lizard looking for a hairbrush in the kid’s backpack, she hates Zoe NY attitude. Something like that.

5. JC says:

Ok, please bear with me – I haven’t seen yesterday’s episode yet. But I’m not understanding this thing about Regina and Robin. Up until now OUAT canon has been pretty clear that you can’t love without a heart. Cora couldn’t love Regina, Will couldn’t love Anastasia. So how is this thing with R

• JC says:

Accidentally hit post….how is this thing with Regina and Robin working if she doesn’t have her heart? Does the episode explain that, or does it just ignore it?

• Snow to Regina: “You love DEEPLY even without it, you love with your whole SOUL”. After she grabbed Robin and kissed him; her eyes….their souls met; his eyes….his soul/heart met her soul so he went in for round 2. True Love’s kiss/soulmates. I can’t wait for her to get her heart back. I hope Robin Hood steals it back and gives it to her; that would be an epic romantic moment there!

• JC says:

I….am not even sure what to say to that. So the show just wants me to ignore the obvious plot hole because “soulmates”? Okayyyyy.

• aw says:

he was keeping her heart, she physically GAVE it to him – could this be the difference?
            Cora ripped out her heart with the intention of feeling nothing for Rumple and other things in order to further her rise as a royal. Regina took it out and, full of trust, sympathy, and I hope, attraction and beginning infatuation, gave it to Robin Hood, for safe-keeping.

to tell the truth, it totally works for me either way, just loving these two!

• JC says:

No, I don’t think I buy that, especially since if I understand correctly Zelena had the heart at the time of the kiss.
            It’s not a huge deal…it just kind of irritates me when shows don’t stay true to their own internal rules. And in this case I have no particular shipper investment to help me hand wave it.

• Louise says:

Well I don’t know if we should really speak of love yet for those two. They obviously feel a connection, there’s an attraction between them and potential for it to grow into a full-blown loving romantic relationship, but they’re not there yet. It’s similar to Graham and Emma in season 1, maybe. They were flirting and there was an obvious attraction there too even though Graham didn’t have a heart too. The difference between Regina and Robin Hood might be that we don’t really know yet how far they’d come in their relationship in the fairytale land past already and how much of that could therefore then be bleeding through into their interaction in Storybrooke. But it looks like we’ll finally see them in FTL again this coming Sunday.

• JC says:

I think I can buy that explanation better than the “loves with her soul” explanation. Because as you say, Graham. Thx.

• Iris says:

I like Outlaw Queen but this question is interesting. Do you think it’s possible that Regina is “less effected” by the loss of her heart because she took it out recently? When Cora took it out, it wasn’t like she transformed to “zombie” immediately, it still seemed like she cares for Rumple (and I haven’t watched OUATiW yet, so I don’t know anything about Will but how long he was without his heart?). I believe that you don’t stop loving, but with time you start to forget emotions because they leave you after time – your start to feel empty? Graham described it like a hole or emptiness and Emma kinda “triggered”. I think that in Regina her love still “resonates” but she must get her heart back soon. Huh. Did I make any sense? :D

• JC says:

In OUAT in Wonderland, Will was so heartbroken over Anastasia marrying someone else that he begged Cora to take his heart, and once she did, he seemed to get over it instantly.

• Magreeda says:

And let’s not forget, even without his heart in his chest, Will was still able to care deeply about Alice and that girl bandit (name escapes me, sorry) and still show some emotion toward Ana. So maybe it’s just a certain degree of feeling you can still have without it?

• JC says:

Yes, you can have some feelings, I agree. But Will could not feel love toward Anastasia, his true love, until his heart was put back, and that’s recent enough in my mind that I’m having a hard time buying Regina feeling real love for Robin without her heart. Oh well.

• Melanie says:

I believe we’re exploring a new facette of love. Somehow I feel what they have is what will defeat Zelena. As her curse needs a resilient heart, if Regina’s heart becomes pure again, filled with love, it will be useless to Zelena.

• claire says:

And we have another to see in the season finale at least is what saw in the pictures,even we see robin wife again in those picture

• Sophonisbe says:

Could it be that Regina, without a heart, is left with her brains, which tells her that he’s her soulmate or true love or whatever, so she just goes with the flow, in a manner of speaking ? Tink and Snow are telling her that she’s supposed to be with him, her FTL upbringing is telling her she’s supposed to love him, so she just accepts the situation, and without her heart she can’t feel if it’s right or wrong.
        I mean no disrespect towards people who ship them, it just seems forced to me and really OOC for Regina, so the fact that she is without a heart seems the only logical explanation to some of the things she does (like for instance giving her heart to a stranger).
        … or, you know, we can just accept that the character-writing in this show is often half-thought…

• Thais says:

Snow says Regina loves more than the others because she loves to ALMA, without her heart, she also loves Henry and trust in the Snow, Cora took out your heart before love Regina she did not know then was not felt, Graham had no memories but when he kisses Emma begins to remember and feel ….
      A detail when Snow Kisses charmed in season 1, he was out of memory and did not remember anything because kiss of true love does not break the curse, When Emma Henry kisses her break the curse because she was the savior, not the Snow

6. missyd says:

Where are jack and emily from revenge?

7. Bianca says:

Regin and Robin! Yes! Loved snows talk about feeling with her whole soul & not to hold back. Find happiness, Regina! She and Robin are perfect together.

• Sharia says:

Thank you. I love R&R! I’m also hoping Hook will get over hisself and tell Emma whats going on. I mean come on her last BF turned into a FLYING MONKEY! I think she’d understand.

8. Confused says:

How about Deeks & Kensi on NCIS:LA? Can someone explain to me what happened there?

• Katherine215 says:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one completely confused at the end of that episode. I only watch periodically, so I thought maybe I was missing something. But it seemed like he gave her the knife back because he didn’t need a stand-in for her anymore since she was back in person (thank you to someone on the internet somewhere who explained that). Then the box seemed to represent going to a deeper level maybe?

• Confused says:

Hmmm… That’s an interesting idea. It seemed to me like they broke up, but then the whole thing with the box made it seem like they weren’t over somehow. I am glad I wasn’t the only one confused by it too!

• Katherine215 says:

Well, Hetty’s comment made me think they hadn’t broken up – “the end of the beginning” meaning they were moving to the next stage. And Deeks looked happy so there was that. I think the show should take Kensi’s advice and just say what they mean. Too much double talk with those two.

• katedfw says:

I agree with you about Hettie’s comment. When I heard her say “the end of the beginning” I also took it that they were moving ahead. And I also liked the comment about the boxes going deeper into their relationship. I missed that symbolism!

9. Louise says:

I’m surprised myself how sold I am on Regina and Robin and how I excited I am to see more of their story. I didn’t see this coming or at least not this much when they announced the Robin Hood recast. Now I think OUAT should actually consider itself really lucky that they had to recast since Sean Maguire adds something very unique to Robin Hood and the chemistry with Lana Parrilla is delicious. The characters really complement each other, Robin’s a fab match for Regina on every level, and it’s a joy to see Regina opening herself up to love again. More, please! :)

10. Annie says:

“Jisbon”? That’s what we’re doing with them? No. Just – no.

• JC says:

Are you objecting to the ship or the ship name? Because if it’s the latter, I’m not fond of it either but it’s been around for a long time and is pretty firmly established.

11. Ellen says:

Jeff and Annie from community!!!

12. Rich Abey says:

- It is indeed do-or-die time for ‘Jisbon’. While I’m sure that Jane doesn’t have it in him to confess his true feelings to Lisbon (owing to the fact that he hasn’t truly moved on from his past despite offing Red John & faking otherwise with ‘Kim’), I feel there is a 5% chance that he might come clean just when Lisbon is about to leave for DC. I’ve been a Jisbon shipper from Season 1 and I just can’t bring myself to give up on them getting together completely.

– Or it might be that Pike is a henchman of the leftovers of The Blake Association and plans to destroy Jane by getting to the one person he cares about the most: Lisbon. Jane & Lisbon fight their way out and finally unite. Too much fantasy? Probably time to make a doctor’s appointment to get my Jisbon addiction under control!

• OMG, I just wrote on another posting that my sister and I were analizing the Jane/Lisbon/Pike thing and we came up with the fact that Pike is actually Red John (and you think you need a doctor LOL!). We did come up with a pretty interestng story though and can’t wait to see if any of it is correct. I can’t remember what we actually posted it under but we went into great detail. Hey, it was fun and it kind of helped ease the pain of waitng to see what happens for real. :)

• Rich Abey says:

It Pike is indeed Red John, that would be the twist of the century. Sacrificing a disciple who is made to believe he is Red John (it has happened before in Season 3 and we also know Red John brainwashed a lot of people)….or more realistically “Red John” is a title that can be passed along from one serial-killer to another, and that Sheriff Mcallister was indeed Red John but now that he is dead Pike has taken over?

13. Liz says:

Gotta say, Pike is a good guy but that’s crazy pressure to put on her that soon. Meanwhile, I feel bad for him but Jane and Lisbon have such crazy good chemistry – I’m totally rooting for them.

14. Mel says:

Outlaw Queen is perfect, in every way :) the only OUAT pairing I care about.

15. Jennifer says:

I believe Regina feels something for Robin. I’m just not sure how much of it is genuine and how much is “He’s my soul mate and I may not exist soon so I’m going to make myself feel something.” From Robin’s viewpoint, it makes even less sense. He doesn’t know they’re soul mates and Storybrooke him doesn’t know anything about Regina beyond her reputation as the Evil Queen. He’s shown that he’s willing to look beyond reputations but what has he really learned so far? The argument that they have some kind of subconscious spiritual connection sounds like a cop out. Even season one cursed MM and David, who had way more history together, though they were drawn to each other, didn’t feel strongly enough to make it work.

• suzi says:

It doesn’t make sense that Robin could be attracted to Regina?

• Jennifer says:

Attracted, yes, but I just don’t see why he would act on it, pursue her so quickly, seemingly without much thought or hesitation. He’s supposedly an upstanding guy, with a grudge against the rich, royalty, magic- aka everything he knows about Regina. Plus, she, or her army, was after his merry men and he has a young son to look after. He doesn’t even remember Regina saving Roland so I would just think that all of this would add up to at least a little more caution.

• isa_s says:

great point. That’s the problem with this couple. They are developing this romance so fast. Why? I mean, I get it. It’s about time for Regina to have someone special in her life, but I just don’t understand why they’ve decided to present this storyline in a such convinient and fast manner.

Another thing: Robin Hood is a very bland character, that doesn’t mean he hasn’t potential to be interesting. Of course he can be interesting. But right now, his has only one role on OUAT – he is Regina’s love interest. At least Hook and Emma are well developed characters. If you love/hate CS, at least you know why. In OQ case we only have Regina, lion tattoo and the concept of soulmate.

The idea of Robin/Regina is not bad. But the writing for this couple is a little bit underwhelming, imo of course.

• Louise says:

I don’t find anything about Regina and Robin rushed to be honest. They spent a whole year in FTL together and their attraction spilled over into their interaction in Storybrooke. So far that’s what it is. Attraction.
        I’m not entirely sure, but I think some may read more into it already because the show marked them as soulmates in 3.03. I could have done without that too to be honest. But other than that I’m good with how they’re handling it.
        I think the kiss was partly the result of Regina being worried that the end of the world is near, so to speak, what with Zelena’s plans to change the past and all. But I doubt this means they’ll be in a happy-domestic relationship by next week. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Regina’s first reaction will be to run. Their story is still only just beginning. I’m curious how it will develop in the future.
        I agree about Robin Hood (and Hook) too, but that’s very subjective of course. I find him one of the most enjoyable additions to the cast since the end of s1. I’m a huge fan of the fact that the writers made Robin Hood a single father and the Robin and Roland duo melts my heart a little. I’ve been enjoying Robin’s role in the fight against the Witch and I hope he’ll manage to get his friend Little John back at the end of the season.
        I do think that they need to give him a real backstory episode soon and show some more of what happened to Marian. But I trust the writers to get there over time. Same with Robin making friends. Personally I’d like him to strike up a friendship with Charming now that Neal’s dead.

• Jennifer says:

I can buy it as pure physical attraction but the show itself keeps trying to sell it as more with all this talk of soul mates and happy endings.

• JC says:

I don’t know if I would call him bland, personally. I’ve ended up liking the character more than I thought I would, and I do actually think Lana and Sean have good chemistry together. But. I do think they’re pushing it too hard. The whole storyline from Quite a Common Fairy on has felt forced to me, and at times doesn’t even make sense. I still haven’t figured out how exactly Tinkerbelle thought Regina was supposed to get a happy ending with Robin while still married to the King. I’m not opposed to Regina getting a happy ending – I just need it to make sense to me (and quite frankly not make it feel like they’re pretending some of the things she did, like, oh, I don’t know, mass murder? didn’t happen).

16. Tina says:

Charlie and Monroe on revolution!!

17. Pat says:

Happy, Happy, Happy that Regina finally made the move to kiss Robin and it turned out to be a reciprocated and passionate kiss by Robin to her. LOVE IT!!!!!!

18. Alicia says:

I have a feeling the reason that Kensi & Deeks aren’t on the ship shape is because the TVline team is as confused as the rest of us!

As for Regina and Robin Hood, I have a feeling that the year break that they have yet to show all of yet will further demonstrate that they are indeed probably not moving too fast! I think the whole love without your heart was just to promote the fact that in FTL they believe in the soul and that it is the basis of soulmates! I thing Oulaw Queen is my favorite ship of this season! I’m hoping the show more of them and it finally breaks someone people of the delusion that Emma/Regina should be together because seriously people never going to happen!

19. Bonnie Maynes says:

The relationship between Pike and Lisbon is too much too soon. There is something shady about him. I think the Lisbon is just trying to make Jane jealous. They both love each other.

20. Sharia says:

Sam & Mercedes are a great abstinence role model but I’m not buying it.

21. Scotty says:

I was so confused by Sidney/Andrew because he appeared to smile and then she wanted to go to Morocco for a year?! Sooooo…did he say no?

22. Rich Abey says:

Alright. Regina & Hood..FTW! I haven’t been this excited about a couple since Kate & Rick (Caskett) in Castle. Smashing chemistry, flirty banter & of course Hood is destined to be her Soul Mate!